20240417_175905 (resized).jpg
20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,886 posts in this topic. You are on page 372 of 378.
#18551 31 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I put a playfield protector down the first month I got my game. Now I don't have to worry about dimples or wear.

I bought my second-hand alien from the seller that claimed that the PF protector was installed before the first ball and the playfield already shows major dimpling, just like in the pics above. So if this was true and the PF protector was there from the start, the PF protector might not protect that well from the dimpling regarding Alien playfield. I asked this from playfield-protectors.com and got this reply: "Regarding dimpling – protectors help but many and high impact airballs can have some effects. Depending on the „geometry“ of the machine, more or less airballs happen."

#18552 31 days ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My Pingraffix mini-jaw just seems to cause problems. I love the look, but it doesn’t seem to want to let the magnet and rod retract fully back into the head. It’s like the piece is too wide for the gap. Anybody else experienced this?

When I carved the piece to fit around the magnet there was just a millimeter and a half of space on either side of the jaw to the black hood it retracts into. With this tight tolerance if the jaw isn't centered the mandibles hit the side of the hood and pop off. If the angle of the rod that holds the magnet is too high, the jaw will catch the top rounded part of the entrance of the hood it retracts into. If the rod is angled too low the mini jaw and magnet will get caught on the bottom of the jaw for the head and can't reach the playfield. The Pinball Brothers site has a support page to show you how to access and adjust the rod's angle.
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000760618-tlc-my-xenomorph
I just had a pinsider reach out to me to let me know his magnet was a little off to the left and that the adjustment of the rod only allowed him to move the angle up and down but not side to side. Instead of removing the whole mech he dremeled out the hood where the mini jaw was making contact. If anyone has a problem having the mini jaw fit please hit me up and I'll have you send it back and I will reduce the area that's hitting the hood. When the jaw is centered and not making contact with the hood it should only require a dab of hot glue. I've had mine on for almost 2 yrs with just a dab of the hot glue. I used hot glue so that if it did catch on the hood it would just pop off rather than catch and grind the servo mech making it retract.

#18553 31 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

Mini Beacon/Flasher kit installed, and I say it is another "must-have!" Very pleased!

Argh, can't wait to get mine.

#18554 31 days ago

For those that have installed precision flippers in Alien how happy are you - was it worth it?

I know from other posts that all of the installs are PITA due to having to sand the holes in the playfield and the left upper is a bit more of PITA for the actual install as well.

#18555 31 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I put a playfield protector down the first month I got my game. Now I don't have to worry about dimples or wear.

Thats helpful lol

#18556 31 days ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

My Pingraffix mini-jaw just seems to cause problems. I love the look, but it doesn’t seem to want to let the magnet and rod retract fully back into the head. It’s like the piece is too wide for the gap. Anybody else experienced this?

Like I mentioned recently, there are fitment issues with that mod. I sent mine back.

#18557 31 days ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

So I know that dimples are a part of life, just curious if this is normal after less than 300 plays on a new RV. Of the 8 other pins I’ve owned, this is by far the most, compared to my others with 1k+ plays. They’re also wider/deeper than most. By the way, I love the game, just asking before people freak out and “school” me about dimples. And the mini beacon on the flasher kit is very cool
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks extreme. Mine dimples like any other machine I have had. I have noticed that this machine shows its scratches much more, most likely due to the dark playfield.

Dimples are created by balls bouncing. Are you getting airballs? Balls lifting from the flippers? Are there more in one location? Your look centralized but could be the picture.

#18558 31 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

For those that have installed precision flippers in Alien how happy are you - was it worth it?
I know from other posts that all of the installs are PITA due to having to sand the holes in the playfield and the left upper is a bit more of PITA for the actual install as well.

I didn't realize this was a "thing"...and here I just bought a set at TPF for my game. So I, too, am looking forward to any feedback from people who have done this with their game.

#18559 31 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I didn't realize this was a "thing"...and here I just bought a set at TPF for my game. So I, too, am looking forward to any feedback from people who have done this with their game.

Wow, I didnt know that either. Those our out for my futures. No way im sanding just to put in flippers.

#18560 31 days ago

I had to use a dowel to sand out the hole for the upper right flipper for Precision Flippers. It was a pretty big pain in the ass. More so than any other machine I have installed them into.

#18561 31 days ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I had to use a dowel to sand out the hole for the upper right flipper for Precision Flippers. It was a pretty big pain in the ass. More so than any other machine I have installed them into.

Was it just the upper right or was it all of them?

#18562 31 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Was it just the upper right or was it all of them?

Just the upper right on mine.

#18563 31 days ago

I just ran a drill softly through my bottom flipper holes. Didn't bother changing the upper flippers.

Took all of ten seconds and that included selecting the barely outsized drill bit. The hole's a tiny bit small is all, sanding wouldn't be a major issue.

The flippers make a huge difference in feel and performance. So if you can be bothered putting all the models and shit you guys stick in your games, surely you can be bothered fitting something that's going to make it play better?

#18564 31 days ago

I have percision flippers on my SV, makes dialing in flipper angle so easy. I did not need to sand any holes as i kept the stock bushings. No need for the upgraded bushings in my opinon. I reduced flipper power by like 25-30% and my game plays rock solid. I think it was worth it, for me.

#18565 31 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I have percision flippers on my SV, makes dialing in flipper angle so easy. I did not need to sand any holes as i kept the stock bushings. No need for the upgraded bushings in my opinon. I reduced flipper power by like 25-30% and my game plays rock solid. I think it was worth it, for me.

It's not the bushings that are the problem, it's the pawl clamps.

#18566 31 days ago

What is the difference between the precision flippers for Stern and this game? I've got a spare set of Stern ones. Wonder if I could make them work.

#18567 31 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What is the difference between the precision flippers for Stern and this game? I've got a spare set of Stern ones. Wonder if I could make them work.

1956PINHEAD would need to answer that.

If you reach out to him he is super responsive and helpful and I am sure he could tell you.

#18568 31 days ago

I have them on mine using stock bushing and pawl clamps, no issues to solve. I have the bushings on another game but really doubt they make much if any difference. The pawl clamps would make it easier to tighten but not necessary either.

#18569 31 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have them on mine using stock bushing and pawl clamps, no issues to solve. I have the bushings on another game but really doubt they make much if any difference. The pawl clamps would make it easier to tighten but not necessary either.

so you are using the precision shafts and link arm keyed clamp - https://precisionpinballproducts.com/shop/ols/products/keyed-shaft-clamp-system
and of course the bats - https://precisionpinballproducts.com/shop/ols/products/individual-flipper-bats-standard-length-and-minis

Not the bushing - https://precisionpinballproducts.com/shop/ols/products/flipper-shaft-precision-bushing-for-spooky-games-only

Is that correct?

I would have thought that didn't work properly.

#18570 31 days ago

As said, talk to John if you want the dope.

If you want to see why the clamps are an issue, lift the playfield and have a look at how the little pretzels come from the factory.
Same as JJP, although b/w and Stern use a better clamp.

#18571 31 days ago

I am only using the precision regular shafts and precision bats no other parts. In Alien I am using the regular silver bats which I think go well with art/theme. In some other games I have the Halos which are really nice.

#18572 31 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I just ran a drill softly through my bottom flipper holes. Didn't bother changing the upper flippers.
Took all of ten seconds and that included selecting the barely outsized drill bit. The hole's a tiny bit small is all, sanding wouldn't be a major issue.
The flippers make a huge difference in feel and performance. So if you can be bothered putting all the models and shit you guys stick in your games, surely you can be bothered fitting something that's going to make it play better?

Wow this ended on a low note pretty quickly.

#18573 30 days ago

Anybody have any horses mouth intel on topper delivery timeline?

#18574 30 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Hope they weren't on the ship that hit the bridge....

#18575 30 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Hope they weren't on the ship that hit the bridge....

Which one…apparently its the third cargo ship to collapse a bridge, the one in Australia I think was a bigger bridge…why does everything just feel off…like these things given modern day technology should just not be happening…

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#18576 30 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Which one…apparently its the third cargo ship to collapse a bridge, the one in Australia I think was a bigger bridge…why does everything just feel off…like these things given modern day technology should just not be happening…

hackers learning new tricks

#18577 30 days ago
Quoted from Requis:Which one…apparently its the third cargo ship to collapse a bridge, the one in Australia I think was a bigger bridge…why does everything just feel off…like these things given modern day technology should just not be happening…

Have you owned a pinball machine lately?

#18578 29 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Are you talking about the ship that hit the Tasman Bridge in..... 1975? I haven't heard of anything else happening here like that more recently. Not exactly what I would call modern technology, and the captain was deemed to be at fault in that case.

#18579 29 days ago

Continuous through truss bridge and a container ship. These aren’t exactly cutting edge technologies.

#18580 29 days ago

Aliens, it's gotta be aliens.

#18581 29 days ago
Quoted from Batesy:

Are you talking about the ship that hit the Tasman Bridge in..... 1975? I haven't heard of anything else happening here like that more recently. Not exactly what I would call modern technology, and the captain was deemed to be at fault in that case.

Dude no. Bridge in Baltimore..

#18582 29 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Aliens, it's gotta be aliens.

Or Trump, or Putin, or Xi Jinping. LOL!

#18583 29 days ago

Been busy and away for a long while. I had some time tonight and can’t get 4.1.1 loaded. I had a stock ripleys, put 4.1 in no issue then the new firmware without issue but 1.1 refuses to apply. No errors. I tried putting the prior firmware in then 4.1.1 but no go. Searches haven’t turned up anything. Any ideas?

#18584 29 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Been busy and away for a long while. I had some time tonight and can’t get 4.1.1 loaded. I had a stock ripleys, put 4.1 in no issue then the new firmware without issue but 1.1 refuses to apply. No errors. I tried putting the prior firmware in then 4.1.1 but no go. Searches haven’t turned up anything. Any ideas?

So far this is the only response I found searching so I guess it’s bugged.

Received a reply from PB regarding 4.1.1 not including everything they listed, and the PDF manual link being down since the website update:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for your message.
I have just forwarded your feedback to our software team: they will fix the software issue with the next game update.

#18585 29 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

It's possible that you indeed have 4.1.1. It doesn't show on the load screen as 4.1.1, but rather 4.1. You can tell it's 4.1.1 if the Bug Hunt mode actually shows the "Bug Hunt" title, which was missing from the previous 2 updates.

#18586 29 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Dude no. Bridge in Baltimore..

I'm aware of the Baltimore bridge incident. I was responding to the rest of the comment the original poster made, specifically around a ship/bridge incident in Australia and concerns about modern tech.

#18587 29 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

It's possible that you indeed have 4.1.1. It doesn't show on the load screen as 4.1.1, but rather 4.1. You can tell it's 4.1.1 if the Bug Hunt mode actually shows the "Bug Hunt" title, which was missing from the previous 2 updates.

Thanks, Bug Hunt is showing and I noticed he load screen was correct however two things listed did not change like the default free play and the open door mention in the notes.

#18588 28 days ago

Recently completed a transaction on an LV, although not in my possession yet. Not too soon to think about mods, however.

The mini flasher kit is a go for me, but don’t know enough about the apron decal kit. Before placing a combined order from PB, interested in feedback on the apron decal from owners who installed it.

thanks!

#18589 28 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have you owned a pinball machine lately?

lol…not sure…maybe 1 or 2

#18590 28 days ago
Quoted from Batesy:

Canadian media ctv news ran a story line on this being a third bridge to get hit by a tanker…didnt do any fact checking…just thought how does this keep happening if true..feels like its something that should be preventable.

#18591 28 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

We’re well past the expected arrival date. Originally emailed for payment of final balance Feb 9th. As has been discussed, final payment should mean things are being delivered shortly, this is going on 2 months.

#18592 28 days ago

Are the translites for the SV version available to purchase anywhere?

I have a Ripley version and although the translites are nice, I have an affinity for the original movie poster art.

#18593 28 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

Are the translites for the SV version available to purchase anywhere?
I have a Ripley version and althoughy the translites are nice, I have an affinity for the original movie poster art.

Check your messages.

#18594 28 days ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Recently completed a transaction on an LV, although not in my possession yet. Not too soon to think about mods, however.
The mini flasher kit is a go for me, but don’t know enough about the apron decal kit. Before placing a combined order from PB, interested in feedback on the apron decal from owners who installed it.
thanks!

I like it. It’s a sticker, but it’s thicker and has textured decal and some metallic sheen to it. Looks good in person.

#18595 28 days ago

Hey Alien pinball folks - thought you may appreciate. Met many of the crew of the Sulaco and Newt during a recent horror con in Vegas. Had them sign the custom Alien Apron from Evolution Mods.

Came out pretty cool I thought. Didn't get everyone - but met Frost, Hicks (Michael Bieihn), Newt, Vasquez, and Gorman

Everyone was cool, particularly Frost, (Ricco Ross), Hicks and Vasquez (Jeanette Goldstein).

cheers!

- Brandon

example (resized).jpgexample (resized).jpg
#18596 28 days ago

Dude looks so much like an old Matthew Lilard, i thought that was who it was at first until I was like..no..

#18597 28 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey Alien pinball folks - thought you may appreciate. Met many of the crew of the Sulaco and Newt during a recent horror con in Vegas. Had them sign the custom Alien Apron from Evolution Mods.
Came out pretty cool I thought. Didn't get everyone - but met Frost, Hicks (Michael Bieihn), Newt, Vasquez, and Gorman
Everyone was cool, particularly Frost, (Ricco Ross), Hicks and Vasquez (Jeanette Goldstein).
cheers!
- Brandon
[quoted image]

Awesome

#18598 28 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

cheers!
- Brandon
[quoted image]

That’s Cool! Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time. Ironically I am actually my another favorite in recently released 4k The Abyss.

Love me some James Cameron even if he is an egomaniac

#18599 27 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

That’s Cool! Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time. Ironically I am actually my another favorite in recently released 4k The Abyss.
Love me some James Cameron even if he is an egomaniac

But True Lies is better than both of those!

Controversial hot take.

#18600 27 days ago

I’m having an issue with my right orbit during queens nest (or when I’m actually noticing it’s happening) when I hit the right orbit the up post isn’t going up to feed the pops. When I test the up post in the menu I can raise it and lower it. Has this happened to anyone? Sounds like a switch isn’t activating, but I havnt had a chance to diagnose yet. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,886 posts in this topic. You are on page 372 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/372 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.