Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 194 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image0 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_1037 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1038 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1041 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_9871 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240411_082334 (resized).jpg
    20240411_081440 (resized).jpg
    There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 14 days ago
    Quoted from Classicone:

Don’t have the show on Sunday then if that’s what happens.

Having the show on Sunday is really for last minute deals and to also ensure everyone doesn’t leave Saturday night. No show on Sunday = no incentive to stay all day Saturday.

#152 14 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Having the show on Sunday is really for last minute deals and to also ensure everyone doesn’t leave Saturday night. No show on Sunday = no incentive to stay all day Saturday.

Yeah I mean he can rail against this all he wants and be annoyed but it really was a free lesson. ALL shows are like this.

I do think they shouldn't sell Sunday admissions. There are some people who don't know how this all works.

#153 14 days ago

Johnny Mnemonic almost made it the whole show without a problem. I got real lucky on Friday bringing the game during the rain storm of the century. Late Saturday the drop target switch failed. I didn’t bother to repair it there as it was so late and I didn’t bring any micro switches with me. Mayfair was already packed up. I was so worried about the glove and that was fine. At least all the times I checked up on it. Congrats Butch on selling your Johnny. I didn’t get so much as a lowball offer. Picked up a nice crack in my windshield driving through the construction zone. Other than that it was another great time at Pintastic. Really like the new venue. I liked the added touch of other entertainment during the show. I was too busy playing pinball to really check it out. Having the bar/restaurant right in the hotel is nice. Staying at the hotel of the show is a bonus for sure. Whenever my wife needed a break she could just retreat to the room. I wish we had more pinball vendors/flea market. I guess it’s just not that kind of show. If nobody buys anything the vendors won’t come. We must get a lot more non-pinball people than the other shows get? Thanks again Gabe, Dave and the rest of the Pintastic crew. Looking forward to the next show. 2025? I believe that will be the 10 year anniversary. I have a t-shirt that says 2015 on it.

#154 14 days ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I thought that the website said that Sunday was the break down day. I could be mistaken. It might have just been said in one of these threads.

#155 14 days ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I thought that the website said that Sunday was the break down day. I could be mistaken. It might have just been said in one of these threads.

When I was looking at ticket info yesterday, I think it said there was free play today but vendor area was in teardown mode.

I was running late yesterday so I wanted to see if there was a Late Day Admission… which is something I do think they should offer for those arriving X-amount of hours before Vendor Area closes.

#156 14 days ago

A big shout out to Gabe and the entire crew at Pintastic. Well run and a great time. Looking towards next year already. Thank you.

#157 14 days ago

Good breakfast potatoes

#158 14 days ago

Great show as usual!! Thanks to all who played Elton ce in the project pinball booth!! Thanks for beating all my high scores.. right back in the garage barely..

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #159 14 days ago

Is the show going to be in April from now on?

#160 14 days ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Is the show going to be in April from now on?

Yes

#161 14 days ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

Great show as usual!! Thanks to all who played Elton ce in the project pinball booth!! Thanks for beating all my high scores.. right back in the garage barely..
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

[quoted image][quoted image]

As for the broken start button tomorrow I will order the piece that was broken by me!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #162 14 days ago

This kid sure plays a mean pinball!!?

#163 14 days ago

And audits…and I could have sworn I shut the game down the night before?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #164 14 days ago

My Fireball had 365 plays between Thursday am and Saturday night. Had to shut it down around 7pm Saturday due to a coil issue. Cosmos had 345 plays Thursday am to the end of Saturday night. I'm happy that's it's new owner, Rob Berg will bring it to Ohio to Past Times Pinball.

#165 14 days ago

The show was a tremendous win. I really appreciate in particular the gamebringers in the 'club wing. These are folks with a nice diverse mix of games and established locations that they run for the love of pinball. The games all played great over there and there were some real treats (New ones to me this year that stood out were Crescendo, the hot fire pink Genie in EMP, and NASCAR). The rooms were always staffed by friendly folks volunteering their show time to keep the games going for us. Many thanks to EMP, WMPC, SNHPC, The Pinball Co-Op and the Belles and Chimes volunteers!

The tournament was a great time and smooth (and super difficult). Thanks to the entire Sanctum crew and Backhand Pinball for the awesome coverage all weekend long.

Extra thanks to the SNHPC club for hosting our custom Wild Fyre again this year and everyone who came to play it, normally or in the late night Stallball sessions. 383 plays this year!

Awesome to see all of the new games this year, including the prototype Princess Bride and the Barry O game. Great Spooky and Barrels of Fun representation this year too, in addition to the always strong CGC, JJP, and Stern showing. It was a great place to try all the new stuff. I was really impressed with a lot of the games.

I really loved the vendor choices. I'm sad I didn't get a EM-inspired clock before they sold out... Now I'll have to pay shipping Phil was a great guy to talk with.

The show was packed this year, and it certainly felt packed too. I'm not sure the show could get much bigger!

I was excited for boozy ice cream, only to find out boozy ice cream was called off due to weather. This is New England. I eat ice cream year round. They would have cleaned up. If that's my first complaint, I both need help and there's little to improve on. Excited for next year already.

#166 14 days ago

I had a blast. Thanks once again to the whole Pintastic crew. What a phenomenal show!

#167 14 days ago
    Quoted from MutterFudder:

The show was a tremendous win. I really appreciate in particular the gamebringers in the 'club wing. These are folks with a nice diverse mix of games and established locations that they run for the love of pinball. The games all played great over there and there were some real treats (New ones to me this year that stood out were Crescendo, the hot fire pink Genie in EMP, and NASCAR). The rooms were always staffed by friendly folks volunteering their show time to keep the games going for us. Many thanks to EMP, WMPC, SNHPC, The Pinball Co-Op and the Belles and Chimes volunteers!
    The tournament was a great time and smooth (and super difficult). Thanks to the entire Sanctum crew and Backhand Pinball for the awesome coverage all weekend long.
    Extra thanks to the SNHPC club for hosting our custom Wild Fyre again this year and everyone who came to play it, normally or in the late night Stallball sessions. 383 plays this year!
    Awesome to see all of the new games this year, including the prototype Princess Bride and the Barry O game. Great Spooky and Barrels of Fun representation this year too, in addition to the always strong CGC, JJP, and Stern showing. It was a great place to try all the new stuff. I was really impressed with a lot of the games.
    I really loved the vendor choices. I'm sad I didn't get a EM-inspired clock before they sold out Phil was a great guy to talk with.
    The show was packed this year, and it certainly felt packed too. I'm not sure the show could get much bigger!
    I was excited for boozy ice cream, only to find out boozy ice cream was called off due to weather. This is New England. I eat ice cream year round. on. Excited for next year already.

There was a Ben and Jerry s. Near by

#168 14 days ago

Photo from pintastic le bag .

#169 14 days ago
    Quoted from Classicone:

We are going to evaluate Sunday for 2025.

#170 14 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We are planning to end the show at 6am Sunday morning in 2025.

My first overnight (Sat.) for my only second attendance to the show. My only disappointment was I waited until evening to play Looney Tunes and TCM because the lines were so long all day Saturday. When I went to play at 8:30 ish the room was being torn down and the games hauled away so I never got the chance. There was no indication that the room would close so early. Was hoping to place an order if I liked it. Bummer.

#171 14 days ago
    Quoted from Classicone:

That is rough and I'm sorry to hear about that experience. I wasn't able to make it to this show, but the last two shows I took Friday off from work to attend, then brought my kids Saturday. I'd say definitely give it another chance, the show is worth it. The first time I went, on Friday, I still classify that as one of the best days of my life. If my wife and kids take offense to that, well, that's their problem!!!

#172 14 days ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

We are going to evaluate Sunday for 2025.

I think it is very fair how Sunday is advertised, but I would recommend keeping it as a hangover day for weekend pass holders only (no day of tickets). Since there could be very few free play games and most club rooms would be closed.

#173 14 days ago
    Quoted from Classicone:

Proceeded to pay for 2 admissions into the show only to find virtually all of the free play room shut down, closing up and packing it in. What a disappointment.

It's hard to know what to say in response without a crucial piece of information. Did you head down to the West Wing? At some point, the Extra Ball Lounge was opened to all (including those with wristbands), and there were Club Rooms that had games available. It looked like Electromagnetic left one room going while they packed up the other, but I don't know the exact details of their move-out.

The main thing happening on Sunday is the Silverbelle Brawl tournament for women. It ended at 5:15 PM this year! We had entrants from as far away as California, and some of them were high-ranked, very serious competitors. This will be part of our planning about what to do on Sunday. In any case, we would welcome more volunteers for Sunday for tear-down of those rooms that are closing on Sunday (at whatever time that might be).
    .................David Marston

#174 13 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sundays at weekend shows are always like that

No they aren’t. Require all games stay to the end, and you won’t have that problem. Or get rid of Sunday for the general public.

#175 13 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Require all games stay to the end

That's not practical. Most people just want to pack up and go home after being there since Thursday or Friday.

#176 13 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That's not practical. Most people just want to pack up and go home after being there since Thursday or Friday.

If you communicate the rules of the show to contributors, how is that not practical?

#177 13 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you communicate the rules of the show to contributors, how is that not practical?

Because given a choice between being having to stay longer than you want to and not bringing a game at all, more people would decide not to bring a game at all. That would impact the entire weekend, not just Sunday.

Our game bringers are an amazing group of people and we greatly appreciate the work they put into bringing games to the show. As Gabe indicated, we’ve always taken feedback very seriously, and the feedback about the Sunday experience will definitely be reviewed.

In the meantime, thanks to this year’s game bringers for how awesome you all were and thanks to everyone who helped make sure that the people covering for me on Thurs and Friday felt welcome and supported!

#178 13 days ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Because given a choice between being having to stay longer than you want to and not bringing a game at all, more people would decide not to bring a game at all. That would impact the entire weekend, not just Sunday.

The that’s all fair. So I suggest making Sunday more for tournaments then it being open to the general public.

All good. I just don’t like when people explain this issue away with “it is what it is”. Glad y'all are not doing that. I’ve heard nothing but great things about the show and tournaments and hope to make it work one year!

#179 13 days ago

Let’s have a mandatory game bringer tournament next year, can’t break down and leave until you strike out. Games played will be in the free play area only!

That will keep us there longer…

Seriously Thursday til Sunday is a long haul so Sunday morning so I can see how lots of bringers want to hit the road to get home and unpack etc…

#180 13 days ago

I really appreciated the Saturday only pro package. I think that been requested in the past.

I didn’t see it until after I got the 3 day (of course), but if still offered, that’s my cup o tea.

The vendor with all the EM mech displays was awesome! My kid loved those but not as much as I did.

Real nice selection of games in club room as well.

#181 13 days ago
    Quoted from Langless28:

The vendor with all the EM mech displays was awesome!

That's Mark Gibson (funwithpinball.com), who used to live in MA but doesn't make it to the East Coast very often nowadays.

#182 13 days ago

I like Sunday break down day. If I had to stay till the afternoon I would have had to load and unload in another torrential downpour after having to do that on Friday. That sucked. Plus I have a day job. This is my hobby. I’m happy to bring game(s). But I’d like to unwind, unpack, get ready for Monday on Sunday. I paid top dollar for an LE package. I brought a game. I’d like to leave when I want and not be penalized for it. Hats off the the folks that stayed late on Sunday. But I had shit to do.

#183 13 days ago

I agree with all the above comments in regard to breaking down on Sunday. We came 3ish hrs away. Took a hr or so to break down, say goodbye to our friends. We were out the door by noon and home by 4ish. Thats a day unto itself.

I can also see the point of the people who have come out on Sunday and bought a ticket. I agree with those that say a discounted entry and access to the ebl plus the club rooms, but with the unthat the games could be pulled with short notice.

#184 13 days ago

Best Western sent me a survey, I told them my thoughts about the hotel. I hope that if enough of those staying fill it out with Universal qualms. They might address at least the AC in the rooms. Maybe the tower of terror elevators

#185 12 days ago

Being parochial, were there any good 1960’s Williams' games at the event?

#186 12 days ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

I agree with those that say a discounted entry and access to the ebl plus the club rooms,...

That's what we did. A Sunday wristband is cheaper than other days, and you get access to whatever is left in Free Play, both EBL rooms, and club room games not being used for the Silverbelle Brawl. Clubs may be dismantling some games while others are being played. This year, we did less shuffling of games from room to room, or moving partition walls.

#187 12 days ago

I know it's days later but I just wanted to thank Gabe, Gerard, David, Mr. Bill and the rest of the Pintastic crew for another outstanding weekend! What a freaking show! The free play area was nice and cool this year. The extra ball lounge rooms were filled with great games. The Elton John concert was excellent just like last year's Foo concert. I caught the last comedian on Saturday. Even though we manned the booth 9 to 9 I had a great time running into friends and partying with my Long Island crew until 3 each morning. Looking at you Eric, Mike from RI, Bill and Carl! Eric and Mitch did a great job on their Everdell homebrew! I also got to play Brian and Rebi's Happy Gilmore which was fantastic! This is my favorite show of the year and it continues to improve every year.

#188 12 days ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

I know it's days later but I just wanted to thank Gabe, Gerard, David, Mr. Bill and the rest of the Pintastic crew for another outstanding weekend! What a freaking show! The free play area was nice and cool this year. The extra ball lounge rooms were filled with great games. The Elton John concert was excellent just like last year's Foo concert. I caught the last comedian on Saturday. Even though we manned the booth 9 to 9 I had a great time running into friends and partying with my Long Island crew until 3 each morning. Looking at you Eric, Mike from RI, Bill and Carl! Eric and Mitch did a great job on their Everdell homebrew! I also got to play Brian and Rebi's Happy Gilmore which was fantastic! This is my favorite show of the year and it continues to improve every year.

BETTER THAN TPF, not kidding!!!

#189 12 days ago

Reby and I would also like to thank Gabe, Gerard, David and the rest of the Pintastic team for a great show. We both really enjoyed meeting and talking with so many new people about our most recent game Happy Gilmore. Looking forward to returning again with a new game....

#190 12 days ago

Is anybody missing a game key? I just noticed that there was a random key on the keychain for a Jacks Open I bought. I figured it belonged to the previous owner but it doesn't.

image0 (2) (resized).jpegimage0 (2) (resized).jpeg
    #191 12 days ago
    Quoted from MG7322:

mandatory game bringer tournament next year, can’t break down and leave until you strike out.

Ugh you know I would be the last one there.

#192 12 days ago
    Quoted from MythMaker:

I think it is very fair how Sunday is advertised, but I would recommend keeping it as a hangover day for weekend pass holders only (no day of tickets). Since there could be very few free play games and most club rooms would be closed.

Sunday could be free entry with donation boxes.

#194 6 days ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Please join Dave and George as they take you through their travels at Pintastic 24:

Clarifications about some people they didn't know: Todd's sidekick is Frank Lindenmuth, who did a solo seminar this year. The Multimorphic people were Michael Ocean and Steve Shoyer. The "guy in Revere making a pinball movie" is Mark Helms. Tasker Smith is an MIT-affiliated guy who gave a well-received seminar a couple years ago.

There are lots of influential pinball people to meet at Pintastic!

There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintastic-new-england-2024-show-and-hotel-discussion/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.