Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 194 posts
  • 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by dmarston
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image0 (2) (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_1037 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1038 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1041 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_9871 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    20240411_082334 (resized).jpg
    20240411_081440 (resized).jpg
    There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 4 months ago

The next edition of Pintastic New England will be April 11-14 at our Marlborough location, same as 2023:
    Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel (not the Trade Center)
    181 Boston Post Road West (US Route 20), Marlborough, MA, USA
    Less than a mile West of Exit 63B off I-495

As of now, the show is planned to be similar in size and scope as the last one, using every single function room at the facility. Pages on our website, pintasticnewengland.com, will be updated one-by-one with 2024 info.

Please use this thread to discuss the features of the show, the facility, and the City of Marlborough. Buy-sell discussion should be elsewhere, keeping in mind that Pintastic provides official support on our website for game-bringers who put their games up for sale at the show.
    .................David Marston

#2 4 months ago

Looking forward to it!

#3 3 months ago

Tickets are on sale.
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/passes/
    The website gives an at-the-door price for the Limited Edition package, but they may be sold out before the show starts.

#4 3 months ago

I tried to get the Group rate for Thursday/Friday but get an error message: "The group rate plan you requested is not available for your specified dates. Please select new dates, or one of the following available rates."

Should I call them?

#5 3 months ago

Never mind, worked this time.

#6 3 months ago
    EJ2 (resized).jpgEJ2 (resized).jpg
    #7 3 months ago
    PINTASTIC2.0high (resized).jpgPINTASTIC2.0high (resized).jpg
    #8 3 months ago

Hoping to have at least 3 games in the free play area this year Dave.

#9 3 months ago

Anyone know if kids (8-12) are permitted in the Extra Ball Lounge if you get them the proper ticket for it? Hoping to get a premium/pro and then have them join me for a night and stay at the hotel.

#10 3 months ago
    Quoted from Dalinar:

Anyone know if kids (8-12) are permitted in the Extra Ball Lounge if you get them the proper ticket for it? Hoping to get a premium/pro and then have them join me for a night and stay at the hotel.

yes they are if you buy the limited edition ticket for the kid

#11 3 months ago
    Quoted from Dalinar:

Yes they are with proper pass

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

[quoted image]

Comedians neat!

#13 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

Comedians neat!

Trying something new. Should be fun.

#14 3 months ago

good job!!! le pass bought

1 week later
    #15 3 months ago
    image0 (resized).pngimage0 (resized).png
    #16 3 months ago

Stupid question is there a place to put in a group rate?

#17 3 months ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Stupid question is there a place to put in a group rate?

Go here the group rate is automatic

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.22024.html?groupId=3L3WE2M5

#18 3 months ago

Thank you! All booked up.

1 week later
    #19 3 months ago

Is there a for sale thread for Pintastic yet?

#21 3 months ago

I see that we have some game registrations submitted for the 2024 show. We need to reset a couple things in MyFlipR, but rest assured that your submissions are sitting there in the Pending state. We already have a custom game and a prototype registered!

#22 3 months ago

my 2nd house is available this year for any out of staters that want to bring the family on a new england vacation - as usual no charge - it's not as close to the venue as before - but you have a separate house to use which houses one of my game rooms - it's 1440 sq feet - but just 2 rooms - 1 big open room which has kitchen, living room and about 20 pins - 1 bedroom that has a queen and a set of bunk beds, and of course a full bathroom.

there are 20 stairs to climb - anyway we always have military people living there for free and right now it's open - the last person to use it was Colson a few years ago - i can send pictures if needed - but i do think we are 1 hour from new location - my zip is 02896. you will be on the RI/Mass line - so basically smack in the middle of RI and Boston. you are welcome to spend time before and after the show if you want to do a 1 week or 2 week vacation. it is pet friendly as long as they are trained.

We are 25 minutes from TF green airport, 55 minutes from Logan, and 90 minutes from the CT airport that I can't think of the name right now. you are welcome to bring the family. I usually have a car you can use, but lately it seems somebody in my family is always borrowing our extra car - and more then likely you wouldn't want to borrow the best pinball moving car ever made - also the ugliest car ever made according to some.

thanks ed

#23 3 months ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

the best pinball moving car ever made

Soooo - you're saying a Honda Element ??

#24 3 months ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

my 2nd house is available this year for any out of staters that want to bring the family on a new england vacation - as usual no charge - it's not as close to the venue as before - but you have a separate house to use which houses one of my game rooms - it's 1440 sq feet - but just 2 rooms - 1 big open room which has kitchen, living room and about 20 pins - 1 bedroom that has a queen and a set of bunk beds, and of course a full bathroom.
    there are 20 stairs to climb - anyway we always have military people living there for free and right now it's open - the last person to use it was Colson a few years ago - i can send pictures if needed - but i do think we are 1 hour from new location - my zip is 02896. you will be on the RI/Mass line - so basically smack in the middle of RI and Boston. you are welcome to spend time before and after the show if you want to do a 1 week or 2 week vacation. it is pet friendly as long as they are trained.
    We are 25 minutes from TF green airport, 55 minutes from Logan, and 90 minutes from the CT airport that I can't think of the name right now. you are welcome to bring the family. I usually have a car you can use, but lately it seems somebody in my family is always borrowing our extra car - and more then likely you wouldn't want to borrow the best pinball moving car ever made - also the ugliest car ever made according to some.
    thanks ed

Ed would love to see you back involved as a game bringer in 2024!

#25 3 months ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

Soooo - you're saying a Honda Element ??

Pretty dam close - the scion xb 1st generation - i'm sure the element is just as good - thanks ed

#26 3 months ago

***SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT***

John Borg from Stern pinball will be at Pintastic New England from Karaoke Thursday night to the end of the show.

Join us for John’s very first ever Fire Side Chat seminar on Saturday! Where we talk about his amazing 37 year career in pinball. Followed by a question and answer portion. Don’t miss this seminar.

IMG_9912 (resized).jpegIMG_9912 (resized).jpeg
    #27 89 days ago

****SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT****

Steve Ritchie returns to Pintastic April 11th to the 14th, Best Western Marlborough MA! His first Jersey Jack Pinball machine Elton John will be in the Extra Ball Lounge(SM) and multiple games in the Pinballs.com booth. Come hang out with Steve at the Yellow Brick Road performance Friday night and get all your stuff signed at the autograph session Saturday.

#28 89 days ago

Yes, it's best to do it that way. There are some phony codes sent by scammers.

#29 88 days ago

Game registration is now open. I see that the EM games are off to a strong start!
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/gamereg/ has more info about bringing games.
    If you have a MyFlipR account from before, it is still active.

#30 83 days ago

More of the 2023 seminars are getting posted to YouTube. Not all our seminars are about manufacturers! For example, "Bringing Everyone to the Playfield: a sustainable, approachable future for the pinball community" is now posted.

This is the kind of solution-focused seminar that we want to have.

#31 82 days ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

thanks ed

This house is not available anymore as a pinsider will be using it now for Pintastic - thanks ed

#32 79 days ago

I have a ticket question that hopefully someone can help with. I usually go to Pintastic for all day Friday and all day Saturday. Typically I’d get the higher end pass, but they are getting expensive and have extras I don’t want. Is there a daily pass I can buy to get me into the free play room, vendor hall and unlimited access to the Extra Ball Lounge? Unlimited access to The EBL is really what I want. It’s only offered in the Limited Edition pass. But that pass is for 4 whole days and a bunch of extra stuff I don’t need. I have every Pintastic keychain since 2015. I don't need anymore. I just want to play in the EBL. What ticket do I want?

#33 77 days ago
    Quoted from Gotpins:

I have a ticket question that hopefully someone can help with. I usually go to Pintastic for all day Friday and all day Saturday. Typically I’d get the higher end pass, but they are getting expensive and have extras I don’t want. Is there a daily pass I can buy to get me into the free play room, vendor hall and unlimited access to the Extra Ball Lounge? Unlimited access to The EBL is really what I want. It’s only offered in the Limited Edition pass. But that pass is for 4 whole days and a bunch of extra stuff I don’t need. I have every Pintastic keychain since 2015. I don't need anymore. I just want to play in the EBL. What ticket do I want?

The only pass that get you 24hr access to the EBL is the LE.

#34 76 days ago

It's the idea still awaiting a compelling realization. It's the challenge that stays alive over the decades. This year, Pintastic New England will be showing a homebrew pinball machine with head-to-head play! You'll want to see it in person...make your plans to be there.

And if you have a homebrew game in progress, please bring it to the show!

#35 74 days ago

Excited for April. Hotel booked.

#36 74 days ago

Any plans to fix the year selection issue with myflipr, or should we go ahead and register then follow up with corrections?

#37 74 days ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

Any plans to fix the year selection issue with myflipr, or should we go ahead and register then follow up with corrections?

Yes to both. If at all possible, try to pick your game from the picklist, which has over 3000 entries. If you are trying to register a game not on the list, like an arcade game, I usually have to do some work on the back side to get the game info into the system anyway.

#38 74 days ago

First year making the trip up, very excited!

#39 74 days ago
    Quoted from NovaCade:

First year making the trip up, very excited!

Where are you coming from?

#40 74 days ago

Pennsylvania - about 2 hours outside Philly… close to Lancaster

1 week later
    #41 62 days ago

The seminar program has taken on enough form that we have the overview posted.
    https://pintasticnewengland.com/guests/
    Guest names and exact times are still coming into focus as I write this. I hope the info helps you plan your travels and activities at the show.

#42 60 days ago

Second Year as a game bringer, guess I will have to make it 2 games this year.

#43 60 days ago
    Quoted from Church:

Second Year as a game bringer, guess I will have to make it 2 games this year.

Thank you for bringing games. Your awesome!

#44 58 days ago

I'll be setting up part of the Fun With Pinball exhibit (https://www.funwithpinball.com/) at Pintastic 2024. I'll also be hosting an EM Pinball Repair Day the day before the show. Bring your EM game and troubleshoot it with a small group. A lot like the Online Repair Clinic (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/an-em-pinball-online-repair-clinic), but in person.

/Mark

#45 57 days ago

Any word on if Spooky will be represented? Hoping to get a look at Looney Tunes.

#46 57 days ago
    Quoted from CapeCodPin:

Any word on if Spooky will be represented? Hoping to get a look at Looney Tunes.

Yes pinball star will be representing Spooky and Barrels of Fun!

1 week later
    #47 48 days ago

As of today, we are expecting manufacturer updates, given by factory officials, from American Pinball, Barrels of Fun, Jersey Jack Pinball, Multimorphic, and probably Stern Pinball. We are pursuing more.

#48 47 days ago

Hotel appears to be sold out. Early this time!

#49 47 days ago
    Quoted from mrgregb123:

Hotel appears to be sold out. Early this time!

Yes it sold out 3 weeks ago. Good news is multiple hotels very close are available.

#50 47 days ago

Specifically, the Hampton Inn is in the same complex of buildings and back streets, about an 0.7 mile walk. The Embassy Suites looks close as the crow flies, but non-crows would have to cut through the woods.

We are still coming up with new attractions for this show in 2024. Sign up for email updates to get the scoop.

There are 194 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintastic-new-england-2024-show-and-hotel-discussion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.