IMG_4347 (resized).jpeg
P1030185 (resized).JPG
P1030184 (resized).JPG
P1030182 (resized).JPG
P1030179 (resized).JPG
P1030181 (resized).JPG
P1030178 (resized).JPG
P1030175 (resized).JPG
There are 493 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Packaged and ready to go, as soon as the holidays pass the remaining plates will go out.

Do you know if mine is in that shipment as well? I had sent a PM weeks ago but never heard back. Thank you!

#452 4 months ago

Same question for me about the replacement plate. Have a great holiday!

#453 4 months ago
Quoted from zucot:

Same question for me about the replacement plate. Have a great holiday!

Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do you know if mine is in that shipment as well? I had sent a PM weeks ago but never heard back. Thank you!

15 replacement plates packaged and ready to go (that should cover everyone from the original batch that had issues) you are both in this batch.

Originally I wanted to get them out just before xmas but they will be going out at some point this week before the new year rolls in.

#454 4 months ago

zucot Spyderturbo007 bane Flash71 Pinball-Cruiser

Revised shooter plates are processed and being collected today, so tracking should be emailed but I will do my best to pm it today between family visit.

Ollulanus Mrsiyufy

Replacement caps (+ scuba for you Ryan) also processed just now with the above, same again with the tracking.

Hope you all had a great holiday period with your families, thank you again for your patience.

#455 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

zucot Spyderturbo007 bane Flash71 Pinball-Cruiser
Revised shooter plates are processed and being collected today, so tracking should be emailed but I will do my best to pm it today between family visit.
Ollulanus Mrsiyufy
Replacement caps (+ scuba for you Ryan) also processed just now with the above, same again with the tracking.
Hope you all had a great holiday period with your families, thank you again for your patience.

Thanks man! Love the mod. Take you’re time. Family always comes first.

#456 3 months ago

Hi Jon

I am not sure what your plans will be for future production but would love to be added to the list if you plan to make more!

#457 3 months ago

Jon,

Hope all is well. Any updates on shipping/ tracking ?

#458 3 months ago

Has Anyone heard from Jon?

I hope he is okay.

I’ve been waiting on the replacement for my Shipping damaged shooter rod since October 18th. And still no tracking on my Scuba Mod.

2 weeks later
#459 3 months ago

Spoke to a number of you via PM so you are aware what has been going on here, packages where still shipping and tracking sent out for those, anyone who has not got tracking or a PM from me this past week - tracking or invoices.

I will get those out over the next couple of days, I have been a little absent here due to the wife back in and out of the hospital the past couple weeks, when the nurses begin to know you by your first names, it must be a clear sign we are spending way too much time there.

Believe everyone should have received their items/replacement plates etc. If you have not received any replacement parts please drop me a PM asap, in the chaos here at my end I have most likely missed you by mistake.

#460 3 months ago
Quoted from ZIMSPIN:

Hi Jon
I am not sure what your plans will be for future production but would love to be added to the list if you plan to make more!

Not 100% sure yet what will happen with a potential final run to meet current demand, I have had alot of requests from various people including yourself if I have anymore units left or if I will produce more. The biggest problem with this mod is my own demands in the finish, getting the parts super smooth they go through a smoothing process twice, a little too long in the smoothing process and the batch is ruined, not enough time and it is not smooth enough so does not meet my standards, I really need to make some easier mods in the future.

I will keep those that have messaged including yourself up to date on a final run, I am shipping at a final run of my Deadpool Hellhouse Scoop Sign currently, last one goes out this week, so I will make a decision on this mod this week at some point.

As always thank you of the continued interest and support from everyone.

#461 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Spoke to a number of you via PM so you are aware what has been going on here, packages where still shipping and tracking sent out for those, anyone who has not got tracking or a PM from me this past week - tracking or invoices.
I will get those out over the next couple of days, I have been a little absent here due to the wife back in and out of the hospital the past couple weeks, when the nurses begin to know you by your first names, it must be a clear sign we are spending way too much time there.
Believe everyone should have received their items/replacement plates etc. If you have not received any replacement parts please drop me a PM asap, in the chaos here at my end I have most likely missed you by mistake.

PM sent

#462 3 months ago

So sorry for what your family is going thru Jon.

My replacement parts and scuba mod - made it safe.

#463 3 months ago

Please add me to the list.

Thank You!
Allgood

#464 3 months ago

Add me to the list please

#465 84 days ago

Hey Jon, are there instructions for replacing the cap?

#466 84 days ago

Hey Scott, I just have a written note for them, I’ll add it to the install instructions this week but send it over via pm shortly.

#467 83 days ago

Please sign me up for the final run thanks!

#468 79 days ago

Hi Jon,
I need the front plastic in new….

61D157BB-3B5F-4A0D-AE51-D37BDBD804AD (resized).jpeg61D157BB-3B5F-4A0D-AE51-D37BDBD804AD (resized).jpeg7ECC9D30-E9F0-4768-87D5-EF30377B6D33 (resized).jpeg7ECC9D30-E9F0-4768-87D5-EF30377B6D33 (resized).jpeg
#469 79 days ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Hi Jon,
I need the front plastic in new….
[quoted image][quoted image]

I will drop you a PM momentarily my friend.
Edit: check your inbox Sven

#470 75 days ago

Just got mine delivered and looks great, but no instructions in the box. Anyone have a link?

#471 75 days ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Just got mine delivered and looks great, but no instructions in the box. Anyone have a link?

In your Pinside inbox Marc.

1 week later
#472 65 days ago

As others and the designer have said be very careful when the shifter top is opened . Close it as soon as you launch the ball.

It’s broken rather easily.

1 month later
#473 28 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

As others and the designer have said be very careful when the shifter top is opened. Close it as soon as you launch the ball.
It’s broken rather easily.

Overall the numbers have been really good, over 150 shipped in total and off the top of my head maybe 10-15 breakages most of which have been caught while open.

A number have survived out on locations, unfortunately like any small hinge it is potential area for failure, the shooter just couldn’t be any bigger without looking comically oversized.

I am looking into sending out complimentary caps likely 1 possibly 2 with future mod purchases from shooter buyers. The idea being if you have brought a shooter from me and purchase a future mod, whatever that mod maybe a complimentary cap or 2 will be send out with that order FOC so owners have spares.

It is a way of me thanking those that continue to support me and ensure the shooters always have a healthy supply of spares even if not needed.

#474 28 days ago

First half of the final batch also shipped out last week!

If you did not get tracking last week you will be in the second half of the batch going out this week.

A huge thank you again to all those that purchased initially as well as those that continued to PM me and support a final limited run.

70980050-5BC1-414D-B96D-89DFD4068048.gif70980050-5BC1-414D-B96D-89DFD4068048.gif
#475 28 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Overall the numbers have been really good, over 150 shipped in total and off the top of my head maybe 10-15 breakages most of which have been caught while open.
A number have survived out on locations, unfortunately like any small hinge it is potential area for failure, the shooter just couldn’t be any bigger without looking comically oversized.
I am looking into sending out complimentary caps likely 1 possibly 2 with future mod purchases from shooter buyers. The idea being if you have brought a shooter from me and purchase a future mod, whatever that mod maybe a complimentary cap or 2 will be send out with that order FOC so owners have spares.
It is a way of me thanking those that continue to support me and ensure the shooters always have a healthy supply of spares even if not needed.

I know a chunk of the work is painting the gear lettering.

I had some success with 3d printed jigs - might be something to consider for any possible future runs.

I did this for painting the door trim and the 4 black circles above the door and then the second photo was dropping in a second jig to sharpen up and cover any minor overspray

It took a tape up and hand paint job of 30-40 minutes to 5 minutes per kit

02615B60-D3BB-4BE8-83F8-C46C34D89C12_1_105_c (resized).jpeg02615B60-D3BB-4BE8-83F8-C46C34D89C12_1_105_c (resized).jpegD12FBC0D-BA82-41B8-8F44-F44884297CF9_1_105_c (resized).jpegD12FBC0D-BA82-41B8-8F44-F44884297CF9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#476 28 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Were the instructions ever updated to show how to disassemble the shooter rod so that we can replace the battery when the need arises down the road? Also is it possible to purchase the black cover with the 'H' on it that covers the small PCB in the cabinet as one of the tabs broke on mine that I super glued back together for the time being?

I also used a small dremel to slightly widen the hole for the shooter rod plate to make it fit. I would be happy to purchase one of the re-sized shooter rod plates as well if they are available. It is a really nice product and I marvel every time I play Bond and use the red shooter rod eject button to start a game or launch a ball. Thanks for this very cool Bond shooter rod mod.

Gord

#477 28 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks again for making this one. I saw your comment in the Jaws mod thread about probably not taking on another shooter. Whether or not you ever do, I’m glad you decided to spend the time on this one.

#478 26 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

I know a chunk of the work is painting the gear lettering.
I had some success with 3d printed jigs - might be something to consider for any possible future runs.
I did this for painting the door trim and the 4 black circles above the door and then the second photo was dropping in a second jig to sharpen up and cover any minor overspray
It took a tape up and hand paint job of 30-40 minutes to 5 minutes per kit
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would probably do a decal next time as painting those shifter caps has been a headache, if the production is even a hair off it makes them even more difficult, the paint application on your firehouses is perfect Jady, hats off to you mate.

Quoted from GRB1959:

Were the instructions ever updated to show how to disassemble the shooter rod so that we can replace the battery when the need arises down the road? Also is it possible to purchase the black cover with the 'H' on it that covers the small PCB in the cabinet as one of the tabs broke on mine that I super glued back together for the time being?
I also used a small dremel to slightly widen the hole for the shooter rod plate to make it fit. I would be happy to purchase one of the re-sized shooter rod plates as well if they are available. It is a really nice product and I marvel every time I play Bond and use the red shooter rod eject button to start a game or launch a ball. Thanks for this very cool Bond shooter rod mod.
Gord

It is on my to do list Gord, I actually have the instructions updated I just haven't uploaded them so they are accessible online, as I want to add a few images, which I have actually taken tonight while building up the final handful of units. I will also send you out a receiver cover and new plate - apologies you should have received a new plate already, so I will double check where that is and if lost in the mail as its not reached you I will send you another along with the cover FOC so no need to purchase anything.

Thank you for the praise, I am beyond pleased so many people got behind this crazy idea and have loved the final product, makes the headache of painting those shifter caps and soldering all the tiny boards worth it.

Quoted from JFresh389:

Thanks again for making this one. I saw your comment in the Jaws mod thread about probably not taking on another shooter. Whether or not you ever do, I’m glad you decided to spend the time on this one.

Thank you Jeremy, I am blown away by all the kind words and praise from yourself and others, makes all the time put into this mod worth it.

Regarding producing another shooter, never say never. Bond had to have the DB5 ejector shifter, I was genuinely surprised Stern did not do it, if another theme comes up like Bond where I have the instant idea for a cool shooter I will likely give it ago, I did make a wireless Big Red Delicious van shifter for Foo Fighters I just never put it into production, I have the one and only production version on the wifes Premium.

#479 26 days ago

Whats the matter with you ham-handed ops that break your mod cap?? Drunk?Stoned?or just stupid? My my!!

#480 25 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

It is on my to do list Gord, I actually have the instructions updated I just haven't uploaded them so they are accessible online, as I want to add a few images, which I have actually taken tonight while building up the final handful of units. I will also send you out a receiver cover and new plate - apologies you should have received a new plate already, so I will double check where that is and if lost in the mail as its not reached you I will send you another along with the cover FOC so no need to purchase anything.
Thank you for the praise, I am beyond pleased so many people got behind this crazy idea and have loved the final product, makes the headache of painting those shifter caps and soldering all the tiny boards worth it.1

Thanks for the response Jon. I appreciate it.

Gord

#481 24 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Whats the matter with you ham-handed ops that break your mod cap?? Drunk?Stoned?or just stupid? My my!!

What an ignorant comment.

Things break ,people have grandkids,guests ,etc .
Get a life.

#482 24 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Allow me to address the hinge breakages officially, as I don’t want any negativity between anyone who supported this crazy idea to begin with.

Overall the numbers have been great less than 20 breakages in total with over 150 shipped (think the last batch makes it close to 170) a couple of those where broken due to the less than delicate handling by the shippers.

In an ideal world I would have liked zero breakages but I knew there would be a handful of accidental breakages, a hinge by its very nature in most cases is the weakest point.

That is why there is a disclaimer/warning to highlight that as strong as the cap is, it will not out perform a persons body weight catching it from the side.

Unfortunately the only real way to ensure zero breakages was to increase the size of the hinge by a minimum of 3x its current/final size. The problem with that is the shooter itself then grows in size and just looks comical rather than being a realistic take on the DB5s shifter/gearstick.

I even looked at a metal hinge screwed into the body of the shooter and the cap (one of the in film DB5s had it done this way) the problem then just moved from the hinge itself to the body and the cap potentially being damaged as screws are ripped out of either or both parts.

Unfortunately any mod with moving parts/hinges where the end user interacts with them directly is going to be susceptible to breakages it’s just the nature of the beast but all breakages will be taken care of and I plan to launch a “cap guarantee” of sorts with the purchase of any future mod purchases.

#483 24 days ago
Quoted from MJW:

What an ignorant comment.
Things break ,people have grandkids,guests ,etc .
Get a life.

Only one of the breakages could be classified as stupid, admittedly that person (who shall remain nameless) did admit to breaking it while trying to see how far the cap would open beyond its normal opening and in their own words they have no idea why they tried it and admitted it was stupid.

Although it did provide us with a good chuckle and a replacement cap with a funny instructional note was sent out to good comical effect, as long as things can get replaced/repaired that’s the important part and if we can have a little laugh along the way even better.

#484 23 days ago

Sorry

#485 23 days ago

It’s all good here, I appreciate everyone’s support, I just wanted to address the hinge breakages and keep us all on the same team

1 week later
#486 14 days ago

Sign me up for 1 please.

#487 14 days ago

I would like one of the last five shooter rods, please

#488 13 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Sign me up for 1 please.

Quoted from Apollon:

I would like one of the last five shooter rods, please

Thank you to you both, I have PM'd you both invoices and that is all 5 spoken for.

Anyone waiting on a tracking number from the final run, that has yet to receive one will get a PM later tonight or first thing tomorrow with their tracking.

#489 13 days ago

Could I please sign up for a DB5 shifter shooter rod?

#490 11 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you to you both, I have PM'd you both invoices and that is all 5 spoken for.
Anyone waiting on a tracking number from the final run, that has yet to receive one will get a PM later tonight or first thing tomorrow with their tracking.

Hi. Hoping you can send me a tracking number as I haven’t received it yet. Thank you

#491 10 days ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Hi. Hoping you can send me a tracking number as I haven’t received it yet. Thank you

Apologies Jeff, I should have pm'd you your tracking as well as an automated email sent to your email address, I will get your tracking link pm'd to you momentarily.

1 week later
#492 3 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you for the praise, I am beyond pleased so many people got behind this crazy idea and have loved the final product, makes the headache of painting those shifter caps and soldering all the tiny boards worth it.

Hi Jon @j85m,

I received the replacement receiver cover and new plate in the mail yesterday. They both look great. Thank you so much for the excellent customer service for this most excellent James Bond 007 mod.

Gord

#493 2 days ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi Jon @j85m,
I received the replacement receiver cover and new plate in the mail yesterday. They both look great. Thank you so much for the excellent customer service for this most excellent James Bond 007 mod.
Gord

Your more than welcome Gord, once again thank you for the support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,500 (Firm)
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 23.95
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,113 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

There are 493 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-bond-james-bond-db5-interactive-shooter-rod/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.