Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,889 posts
  • 1,041 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Knxwledge
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 178.
    #8851 25 days ago

Yup plays GREAT. Just look at that PF. I'm betting he was playing it just last nite.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2212418952437621/?mibextid=dXMIcH

#8852 23 days ago

$500 and $125 to ship. Not much more and you can get a playfield, cabinet, wire harness, boards, etc.

I really wanna write this guy and ask if he’ll take $1,000. Lol

IMG_0302 (resized).pngIMG_0302 (resized).pngIMG_0303 (resized).pngIMG_0303 (resized).png
    #8853 20 days ago
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpegIMG_2019 (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #8854 20 days ago

Wow, even includes extra bulbs... I'm sold

#8855 19 days ago

Every used pin I've purchased has had "extra bulbs" rattling about in the cabinet.

#8856 19 days ago

The price is right. If it were just a 25 cent fuse, this would be a steal. Yet, we know better.....

Still though, it seems like a good deal. A link in case anyone near Cinci is looking for a cheap project.
    cincinnati.craigslist.org link

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #8857 18 days ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

The price is right. If it were just a 25 cent fuse, this would be a steal. Yet, we know better.....

Yep! I always say if it is an easy fix, it would be fixed.

That and: The hard part is finding the easy fix.

#8858 18 days ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

Well said. I often tell people the same thing. Fixing pinball machine circuit board is cheap. Knowing how to fix them is difficult.

I’ve been in this hobby for 25 years. I’m proficient at board work, but certainly no expert. Newbies need a lot of guidance, as did I. Rec.games.pinball was a wealth of knowledge back in the day, and I read the posts daily. Couldn’t get enough back then…

#8859 16 days ago

I think there's one on ebay listed for this much which is how they got the price.

Quoted from stangbat:

I know a lot of technically incompetent people, lol. Even if the fix is easy they wouldn't be able to do it without step by step instructions. So for the random person that just has a pinball machine, might be better they don't go rooting around if they have zero interest in it.

Solid wood!

#8860 14 days ago

Wow, $1000 off! Only need to take about another 7k off.

Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg

#8861 13 days ago

kansascity.craigslist.org link

C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpegC9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    #8862 12 days ago

I came here to post that exact game @joeaf! I have the screenshot saved and ready. I'll let you have first dibs on it.

Or if you need someone local to go pick it up for you, let me know.

#8863 12 days ago

abilene.craigslist.org link

Knock the dust off and start playing! ONLY 200 made! Steal at $4200

#8864 12 days ago

abilene.craigslist.org link

4F formula only $4000 ....Knock dust off again

#8865 12 days ago

Always Texas, always absurd pricing.

#8867 12 days ago

Actually im thinking these 2 are scams. 1 says in Cleburne, the 2nd one says Cisco. Both look like they are pics from the same gravel floor shed. And listings are from Abilene.???

#8869 8 days ago

Ya gotta wonder..

FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    #8870 7 days ago
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    #8871 7 days ago

Why are there quarters on the glass? Is it not set to free play?

Seller: I have had this game for 10 years. I play it 20-30 times a week and it costs me
    $ 0.50 each play - hmmmm . . . to get my money back I better charge close to $14,000.00. Wonder what this key that came with the game does . . . oh, well.

#8872 6 days ago
    Quoted from Threetreys:

Seller: I have had this game for 10 years. I play it 20-30 times a week and it costs me
    $ 0.50 each play - hmmmm . . . to get my money back I better charge close to $14,000.00. Wonder what this key that came with the game does . . . oh, well.

He did say the coin components work perfectly, so presumably it isnt on free play

#8873 6 days ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this still available?

#8874 6 days ago

Is the plant included?

#8875 6 days ago
    Quoted from Threetreys:

Maybe there's $11,000 in quarters in the machine? Then it would be worth it.

#8876 6 days ago

How about that "rare and original" coin door area to back up this ridiculous price comparison!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/peterborough/original-evel-knievel-pinball-machine-fully-working/1637377640

Description
    For sale as shown rare original 1977 EVEL KNIEVEL pinball machine... full working order...ask me for the link to a similar condition machine selling for $19,900 USA dollars eBay item number 224610837280- approximately $26,000 Canadian. If you have been looking then you know these don't come up very often and they are either in awful condition or very very expensive
    Pick up only no shipping.
    Also if interested contact me I have several EK collectibles and autographs I could be talked into selling if the price was right. Located just north of Peterborough in Buckhorn

572 visits

EK 2  (resized).jpgEK 2 (resized).jpg
    #8877 5 days ago

It’s infuriating but people can ask whatever price they wish. If they find a sucker or someone desperate enough to pay their exorbitant asking price, they win. But I have to think more often than not the market will slap them around. That and they don’t *really* want to sell.

In Austin, TX where I live, CL is a wasteland when it comes to pinball. It’s almost always WTB ads or virtual tables, if anything at all.

#8878 5 days ago
    Quoted from CelticKnot:

It’s infuriating but people can ask whatever price they wish. If they find a sucker or someone desperate enough to pay their exorbitant asking price, they win. But I have to think more often than not the market will slap them around. That and they don’t *really* want to sell.
    In Austin, TX where I live, CL is a wasteland when it comes to pinball. It’s almost always WTB ads or virtual tables, if anything at all.

Right up I-35 from ya. Yea i concur. Also why the Fuk are these junk Motorcycle ADs Saturating the PINBALL search ???

#8879 5 days ago
    Quoted from pevo:

Right up I-35 from ya. Yea i concur. Also why the Fuk are these junk Motorcycle ADs Saturating the PINBALL search ???[quoted image]

I flag any posts that have spam terms in them like that motorcycle ad, buying old clothes, buying old signs, etc. It is against CL policy to put spam terms into the listing to game search results. Flag them!

#8880 5 days ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I flag any posts that have spam terms in them like that motorcycle ad, buying old clothes, buying old signs, etc. It is against CL policy to put spam terms into the listing to game search results. Flag them!

Its eaier to just use the minus option when searching and you wont even see those listings

#8881 5 days ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Its eaier to just use the minus option when searching and you wont even see those listings

What is the minus option?

#8882 5 days ago
    Quoted from SimpleSam:

What is the minus option?

I think he's referring to how you can enter your search term like this:

pinball -motorcycle -WTB

This would only show you pinball ads that don't include motorcyle or WTB

#8883 4 days ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

I think he's referring to how you can enter your search term like this:
    pinball -motorcycle -WTB
    This would only show you pinball ads that don't include motorcyle or WTB

Yes, much easier to filter out the clutter.
    Around here I have to search pinball - billiards otherwise theres a local jackass spamming his pool tables and crap all over craigslist

#8884 4 days ago

I get that filtering may be easier, but it doesn't address the problem. If you flag a post it brings attention to it, it may get it removed, and it may bring attention to CL staff. I don't know if things work like they used to, but years ago I saw definite results of people getting banned and the ads disappearing forever after people flagged them.

#8885 4 days ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I get that filtering may be easier, but it doesn't address the problem. If you flag a post it brings attention to it, it may get it removed, and it may bring attention to CL staff. I don't know if things work like they used to, but years ago I saw definite results of people getting banned and the ads disappearing forever after people flagged them.

I've always wondered how ads actually get removed from Craigslist. I've posted wanted ads for a specific pinball machine and had my ads flagged and removed less than an hour after posting. But all the crap ton of "I want to buy your non working pinball machines" ads stay posted forever. So not really sure who gets to decide what gets removed.

#8886 4 days ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

If you flag a post it brings attention to it, it may get it removed

Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I've always wondered how ads actually get removed from Craigslist. I've posted wanted ads for a specific pinball machine and had my ads flagged and removed less than an hour after posting.

Nobody understands how the flagging thing works and how many flags it takes to get rid of spam ads, etc. As a result, rather than trying to fight the crap ads, just filter them out so you never see them. I used to flag ads but it seemed like it was a losing battle so rather than try to fight them, I just ignore them.

#8887 4 days ago

Unenforced spam rules... it's so bad, I don't even want to use CL anymore. I turn to Facebook Marketplace more and more. Craigslist needs to get their heads out of their asses on this one. If eBay can figure it out.

#8888 3 days ago

Ive pretty much given up on CL. Facebook marketplace and Offerup are where Im getting most of my games now.

#8889 3 days ago

Who comes up with this shit?? Cant see anything in the pictures. Asking 2022 prices for games that probably havent been shopped in 20 years. I also just realized "*Only light at home use within our at home game room since 2001.*" is an insanely convoluted statement for no reason.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

There are 8,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.