200w (1).gif
407E091B-6420-49A7-85AF-84C3ED38F1D9 (resized).jpeg
F60A54F0-6924-4279-AD16-91207DEE1B26 (resized).jpeg
879242E9-EF0D-454A-B865-F9100362061B (resized).jpeg
A7852DA0-2699-45DC-B1F9-9F8B4A9DF08F (resized).jpeg
25FFCE2D-7862-48F3-8F8A-15CC4CD52079 (resized).jpeg
744B291C-A72C-47B6-A9F9-33AA9425D7EE (resized).jpeg
139279D2-13A1-48AE-8737-E7A7A4BEF2D9 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 42.
#1956 21 days ago

Wait til he finds out john wick will use a paintball gun in the upcoming Stern release...

#1959 21 days ago

There’s literally a gun on the backglass.

IMG_3358 (resized).jpegIMG_3358 (resized).jpeg
#1960 21 days ago

Maybe ray guns don’t count. I found three, one on the backglass and two on the pf. And in the Martian modes.

13ECC619-B7C1-466E-A16E-665FC9CD59C1 (resized).jpeg13ECC619-B7C1-466E-A16E-665FC9CD59C1 (resized).jpeg
#1961 21 days ago
IMG_3361 (resized).jpegIMG_3361 (resized).jpeg
#1963 21 days ago

I am signing off for good on this thread. Nothing really more to add to a "hype" thread at this point. But before I go, I just wanted to say that I too had reservations early on with this game being sold as "Golden Era" yet absent was the voice of Mel and likely characters (as well as actions.... ie involving weapons/violence) will be either extremely watered down or omitted entirely based on today's "pc" standards. But in the end, it is just a pinball game and like a TV show, you can just skip it and move on if it bothers you that much. If the "Looney Tunes" themed pinball was made back in the day, then ALL assets would have been available but then again, it would have been a electro-mechanical game and ultimately not much use of the assets by then standards (certainly no video!). So, what to do??? It is a different world today with different standards. To agree or not to agree to it is entirely up to each person and arguing the point on this hype thread ultimately serves no purpose for the reality will not change. For what it is worth, my opinion is Spooky did a great job creating a "Looney Tunes" themed game based on today's restraints. Call it a "compromise" but without it, the game would simply not be made period. It is just a game, you always have the original cartoons to fall back on to get your "fix" on all things LOONEY!!

#1964 21 days ago

I was checking this thread because I finally got to play this on the weekend and I wanted to see other opinions. If it were cheaper or a bit more solid I'd buy one. This machine changed how I feel about Spooky but I should have expected to find yet another old man yells at cloud rant thread about something stupid. Pinside threads are a great way to feel young because a lot of you certainly do love your back in my day speeches and pinball equivalent of get off my lawn. Amounts to "darn kids get away from my pinball". There are plenty of real critiques you can give to a pinball machine but it's amazing how some of you pull the most brain melted things to complain about.

This is the third pinball hype thread since expo I've read where people go on tirades that amount to "I won't buy this because it doesn't have some unimportant obscure thing in it even though I wouldn't have bought it anyway". This is supposed to be a LT hype thread and so much of it is about John Wick and an obsession with needing violence in the game. It's pinball. If it's fun to play is all that really matters. There's no achievement for complaining. If you don't like it, state your opinion then move on. If you didn't buy the machine and stick around to keep complaining about unimportant things then you have a problem you should probably talk to a therapist about. Yeah LT was violent but who cares, I play it for the pinball not to watch cartoons. Not every pinball needs to be for you and sometimes you'll be let down. Complain, then move on. Obsessing over it just ruins everyone else's time. See also the I won't buy this because David Bowie's bulge is missing, Brodie is missing, and similar threads.
--

Anyway let me bring it back to actual hype. I love LT cartoons and I was excited about this but disappointed when I saw Spooky was on it because I haven't enjoyed a Spooky machine yet, even SD. LT/TCM looked messy. I finally got to play both new games and I think Spooky is bringing something different to the table that pinball needs. I think they need a little help with improving shot layout and fine tuning the difficulty and flow but they're really getting there. It could be the games were not well leveled at the show but some of the back ramps just did not want to land most of the time. They got most of the way up then back down. The game also served from shooter right into the gutter a lot. I know that's supposed to be a skill shot but it shouldn't require nudging to keep it from immediate drain off serve if you miss the skill shot.

I thought the extra ramps were too much before I played but I think it actually lends to the looney(ness) of the gameplay. Some of the shot flow is really fun but many shots tend to fail a lot. I felt like layout made more sense for LT than TCM. It also felt like the flippers were a little weak which could be because this was constantly being played. That's the worst thing about playing these at shows. I played 2 different machines and one did play better than the other so this could all be setup and play issues. I loved the wacky sounds from the show being part of the hits on targets. I wish Taz spun faster, I wish there had been some physical elements of boulders and ACME devices or the road runner. I really think they missed out on adding a Tweety in a cage bash toy similar to the bucket in Jaws.

Some code updates are still needed because it would tell me to shoot for a target color and that color wasn't anywhere on the field. Without being able to hear the game much I couldn't really understand well how to progress modes unless it said on the screen so I never got to experience multiball. There are little improvements I think they could make here and there but I really did want to play it more. If only I could have heard the game better. I really wish modern pins came with headphone jacks. It would be a net positive for home, arcade, and especially events. I really liked the Coyote dynamite toy, it doesn't do much but it's neat seeing that go every time.

I'm still a little worried about the powder coated ramps. The artwork and playfield look great. I really didn't pay much attention to the videos because the game plays really fast so getting hung up on what cartoons are in there and what content they have is just a pathetic argument. I think many of you have to ask yourself if you even like pinball and why you're so obsessed with a very specific kind of content being in it. The only content missing you could validly be mad about is if there is no part of the game where Bugs says "should have made a left at Albuquerque" when it shoots out of a hole because that is an easy win as far as theme matching to play. Might have been in there, but I couldn't hear much.

Can't wait until they make a Tiny Toons and we see entire threads angry about how Montana Max is barely in it.

#1965 21 days ago

While playing Loony Toons at TPF I noticed that the playfield printing had really bad inkjet printer lines, like clogged print head on an old Epson. Has anyone gotten their game yet, are they all like that?

#1966 21 days ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

While playing Loony Toons at TPF I noticed that the playfield printing had really bad inkjet printer lines, like clogged print head on an old Epson. Has anyone gotten their game yet, are they all like that?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looney-tunes-hype-thread/page/39#post-8118582

#1967 20 days ago

I’d love to see Bug do an old fashioned glass off, mode explanation, ball thrown on the playfield style so we can see some more of the modes and animations as they work on the code.
Didn’t we hear sometime back on this thread that Warner already gave Spooky a ton of material they could use and they were just sorting through it all? So I don’t think they have to cut anything, at least from that particular footage or need approval for that?
Also, I can swear around 2020 when Disney and Warner were getting nuts with the censorship stuff that I saw disclaimers before programming, so thinking Spooky could potentially use one before a game, for example, ‘this toon contains violence which may be inappropriate for young children, yadda yadda’.
I find this amusing though and I bet Spooky might too considering they’re making another almost identical game about a guy who wears someone else’s face he cut off and who chops up people with a chainsaw for dinner! Not to mention these games cost 10k+ and not for children, just grown ass adults, lol.
I think there’s only like a total of 10 or so episodes of Looney Tunes if I remember correctly that we’re completely banned but it goes way back to WWII and we really don’t need any of those anyways.
It would be good to see Yosemite Sam though for sure, Sylvester trying to eat Tweety, definitely some Coyote explosions, etc. and I think it would be good to hear what Spooky thinks also regarding this matter.

#1968 20 days ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

and I think it would be good to hear what Spooky thinks also regarding this matter.

Agree....Don't know if they're using different language callouts so that they are less offensive. I'd like if they didn't censor as when purchasing my game I liked the fact they were using original Golden Era, but if they did have to censor I don't know if I'd notice after a while.

#1969 20 days ago

I think mine looks great, I uploaded some photos in the gallery on the game page.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/looney-tunes-collectors-edition/gallery

#1970 20 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

I think mine looks great, I uploaded some photos in the gallery on the game page.

Wow! The game looks amazing! Thanks for posting those pictures!

#1971 20 days ago

WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY WEDNESDAY!!!!! I got shipping notification that LT #28 is on its way to me!!!! I plan to do a live stream on YouTube for those interested. I am trying to debate a time right now but I am thinking around 8:00 pm eastern. Youtube channel @LivingwithCable

#1972 19 days ago
Quoted from Top_Fuel_Friday:

I'm not seeing the lines I saw on the ones at TPF, maybe they resolved it from those early ones they took to the show.

#1973 19 days ago

I'm not seeing the lines I saw on the ones at TPF, maybe they resolved it from those early ones they took to the show.

Charles can you explain where you saw these lines? I have one of the TPF games. Pretty much the first machine in the front door. I would like to see what your talking about and where the lines are at to check my machine to see if there is some image issues or not. I really hadn't noticed anything like you are talking about. Thanks!

#1974 19 days ago

Official time of me unboxing Looney Tunes will be at 8:00 pm eastern time tomorrow April 10th! Super excited to get it!

https://youtube.com/@LivingwithCable?si=WgzSE1TWvsEHdi0G

#1975 19 days ago
Quoted from MansfieldDam:

Charles can you explain where you saw these lines? I have one of the TPF games. Pretty much the first machine in the front door. I would like to see what your talking about and where the lines are at to check my machine to see if there is some image issues or not. I really hadn't noticed anything like you are talking about. Thanks!

There’s no issues with the playfields. I’ve got one of the first ones out the door weeks before TPF.

#1976 19 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:There’s no issues with the playfields. I’ve got one of the first ones out the door weeks before TPF.

LT may be the best looking playfield I've ever seen.

#1977 19 days ago

Even if the playfields have issues I don’t think more than 50 have even been produced .
Seems like most of the games are roadies !
Picked up after they have been played at shows.

#1978 18 days ago

PinballSTAR will be making our maiden voyage to Pintastic - Please stop by our booth for the BEST of the BEST in new games !

Visit and meet the PinballSTAR staff (Bill, Jerry, and Erik) at the PinballSTAR booth ! Unfortunately due to his father's passing last week PinballSTAR owner, Joe Newhart, will not be able to attend.

Meet and discuss Labyrinth with Barrels of Fun's David Van Es in our booth !

We'll have available to play and purchase - All games are NIB and just opened up for the show :

ALL GAMES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDERING FOR PICK UP AT THE SHOW - THEY WON'T LAST LONG - ONLY 1 OF EACH !
NO GAMES HELD WITHOUT FULL PAYMENT
EMAIL JOE AT [email protected]

(1) SCOOBY DOO CE (OPEN SHOW GAME WITH ANIMATED TOPPER) $ 10,738

(1) LOONEY TUNES CE (OPEN SHOW GAME) $ 9,700

(1) TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (OPEN SHOW GAME) $ 9,700

(1) PULP FICTION SE (OPEN SHOW GAME) $ 8,000

(1) CACTUS CANYON SE+ (OPEN SHOW GAME WITH ANIMATED TOPPER) $ 9,250

(1) LABYRINTH (OPEN SHOW GAME) $ 10,600
(1) LABYRINTH (OPEN SHOW GAME) $ 11,958 (INCLUDES ALL OPTIONS - ANIMATED GOBLIN TOPPER, ALTERNATIVE BACKGLASS, NIPPER SHOOTER ROD)

Other games we sell we will NOT have in our booth but still AVAILABLE FOR ORDERING at the show :
ELTON JOHN CE $ 15,000
ELTON JOHN PE $ 12,000
GODFATHER LE $ 12,000
TOY STORY LE $ 12,000
GUNS N ROSES LE $ 12,000
CACTUS CANYON SE $ 8,000
BARRY O'S BBQ CHALLENGE LE $ 8,500
GALACTIC TANK FORCE LE $ 11,000
GALACTIC TANK FORCE DELUXE $ 9,000
LEGENDS OF VALHALLA LIMITED $ 8,400
HOT WHEELS DELUXE $ 7,700
HOUDINI DELUXE $ 8,000
BIG BUCK HUNTER MINI ONLINE $ 8,000
SPINAL TAP - COMING SOON - EMAIL TO GET ON INTERESTED LIST

Want to pre-order a show game ? Email Joe at [email protected] !

PS Logo (resized).jpgPS Logo (resized).jpg
#1979 18 days ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR will be making our maiden voyage to Pintastic - Please stop by our booth for the BEST of the BEST in new games !
Visit and meet the PinballSTAR staff (Bill, Jerry, and Erik) at the PinballSTAR booth ! Unfortunately due to his father's passing last week PinballSTAR owner, Joe Newhart, will not be able to attend.
We'll have available to play and purchase - All games are NIB and just opened up for the show :
ALL GAMES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDERING FOR PICK UP AT THE SHOW - THEY WON'T LAST LONG - ONLY 1 OF EACH !
(1) LABYRINTH (OPEN SHOW GAME) $ 11,958 (INCLUDES ALL OPTIONS - ANIMATED GOBLIN TOPPER, ALTERNATIVE BACKGLASS, NIPPER SHOOTER ROD)
Other games we sell we will NOT have in our booth but still AVAILABLE FOR ORDERING at the show :
ELTON JOHN CE $ 15,000
ELTON JOHN PE $ 12,000
GODFATHER LE $ 12,000
TOY STORY LE $ 12,000
GUNS N ROSES LE $ 12,000
CACTUS CANYON SE $ 8,000
HOUDINI DELUXE $ 8,000
[quoted image]

IMG_8533 (resized).jpegIMG_8533 (resized).jpeg
#1980 18 days ago

Well I was going to do it live but ran into issues! A full unboxing and quick game play of Looney Tunes! Big thanks to Spooky Pinball LLC for a awesome game and Jason Grindle at Classic Game Rooms!

#1981 16 days ago

At Pintastic New England today, there was typically a line of 3-4 people at all times to play the one Looney Tunes. It was 5 people to every two that were in line for Texas Chainsaw right next to it. Oddly, all the LT players I saw were guys. All players I saw had a positive reaction to it. No hang-ups or ball sticking were observed. There were several stuck ball incidents on TCM. Loops and the upper ramps and lock were not hit consistently by anyone. My top score was 95 million.

#1982 16 days ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

ELTON JOHN CE $ 15,000
ELTON JOHN PE $ 12,000
GODFATHER LE $ 12,000
TOY STORY LE $ 12,000
GUNS N ROSES LE $ 12,000
CACTUS CANYON SE $ 8,000
HOUDINI DELUXE $ 8,000
[quoted image]

You had some great machines. Thanks for bringing these up to us New Englanders.

#1983 15 days ago

For anyone in Southern Indiana or northern KY, Looney Tunes is now onsite at Our Lady of Perpetual Hops in New Albany Indiana.

#1984 15 days ago

Played at pintastic today, and simply did not connect on layout but loved the theme. Ramps just kept spitting back at me, but funny enough texas was next to it and didn't get that problem.

I did feel a little devoid of the "looney" I had hoped with subject matter. Think they could have gone further outside the box.

#1985 15 days ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

I did feel a little devoid of the "looney" I had hoped with subject matter. Think they could have gone further outside the box.

Going to be a good while before the game is fully programmed with all the assets. Scooby well over a year in the making now and still two out of the three wizard modes not in the game yet. One thing Spooky excels at is theme integration so when it's done you will probably feel differently.

#1986 15 days ago

Played Looney Tunes at TPF and again at pintastic yesterday. Going in today for the 1,2,3 .

#1987 15 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Played Looney Tunes at TPF and again at pintastic yesterday. Going in today for the 1,2,3 .

How is it Frank? game looks fun as hell. hoping someone near me gets one soon.

#1988 15 days ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Played at pintastic today, and simply did not connect on layout but loved the theme. Ramps just kept spitting back at me, but funny enough texas was next to it and didn't get that problem.

It does shoot pretty smooth once you dial in shots, they just are a little off the normal angles so it's not exactly walk up smooth. The back ramps are do reject a more than think they should off the lower flippers though, and I feel like this could be improved. Flipper fade and setup angle makes a huge difference here; a) you probably don't get a good representation at a show where it's been played nonstop and b) I suspect this game will benefit hugely from precision flippers and maybe fans.

I disagree about the looney feel though; there's a lot of cool moments you may not really get in a couple games at a show. The crate magnet toss, the TNT add a ball, the corkscrew anvil lock and Cliff locks...and particularly the all-over-the-place feel of combos once you get good at the shots....I really get the theme well from the layout.

#1989 14 days ago

The Pinstar dealers said that LT didn't have any issues at the show being played nonstop, except the known software issue that can't find the ball after a certain amount of plays, pending a reboot. I played it two days and didn't notice any change in flipper strength. Based on play and videos I've seen, you can't make the back ramps with the lower flippers with any consistency. You have to use the upper flippers. Or reduce pitch. Looking forward to getting one and mastering the angles and loops.

#1990 14 days ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

The Pinstar dealers said that LT didn't have any issues at the show being played nonstop, except the known software issue that can't find the ball after a certain amount of plays, pending a reboot. I played it two days and didn't notice any change in flipper strength. Based on play and videos I've seen, you can't make the back ramps with the lower flippers with any consistency. You have to use the upper flippers. Or reduce pitch. Looking forward to getting one and mastering the angles and loops.

At the recommended 6.5 pitch, I don’t have any trouble hitting the rear ramps with the lower flippers. I’m worse at consistently hitting the front right ramp.

#1991 14 days ago

Holy Crap!!! Looney Tunes is awesome!!! Sorry for the crappy game play but if you want to know how not to play, we'll this is for you! Definitely need to tune into Bug's Scream N' Stream to see it properly played but dang it is a blast!

Once again, thank you Spooky Pinball LLC for such awesome games and Jason Grindle with Classic Game Rooms for phenomenal service!

#1992 14 days ago

This Thursday!! Scream N' Stream will be doing LT this Thursday!

#1993 13 days ago

By the way, make sure you use a actual digital level and not a phone app. When I shot the video of the game play I had it set with phone at 6.5. I checked yesterday with digital level and it was 7.

I talked to Morgan and she suggested to set the game at 6.25. I ended up setting it where my level bounced between 6.2-6.3 on my digital level and holy crap, it made a big difference in being able to hit the shots better. Not saying it made me good but I have been hitting the ramps a lot cleaner. I highly suggest setting Looney Tunes at 6.2-6.3.

#1994 11 days ago

Here's a photo that shows the print lines I was talking about seeing on the LTs at TPF. You can really see it in Taz and in the orange above him.
438980398_1039959237576437_6265636889625593146_n.jpg438980398_1039959237576437_6265636889625593146_n.jpg

MansfieldDam & RebelGuitars

#1995 11 days ago

Can you upload that picture in full resolution? I don't see anything.

Quoted from Charles_Kline:Here's a photo that shows the print lines I was talking about seeing on the LTs at TPF. You can really see it in Taz and in the orange above him.[quoted image]

#1996 11 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Can you upload that picture in full resolution? I don't see anything.

I choose the "original size" setting on pinside, but I can zoom in for you. (click the picture to make it bigger)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1997 11 days ago

The horizontal lines in the color on Taz?

#1998 11 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

The horizontal lines in the color on Taz?

And in the orange above him and in the red above that.

Looks like they had a clogged print head when printing it.

#1999 11 days ago

Last video for a while but I figured I would show how to update code and also leveling. Also a little more game play.

#2000 11 days ago

I know to click the image for a slightly larger version, in this case the source isn't great and I still don't see what we're talking about. If anyone gets a really good pic of this issue I would like to see it. Maybe I'm just blind.

Quoted from Charles_Kline:I choose the "original size" setting on pinside, but I can zoom in for you. (click the picture to make it bigger)
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Vienna, VA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lisle, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looney-tunes-hype-thread/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.