200w (1).gif
407E091B-6420-49A7-85AF-84C3ED38F1D9 (resized).jpeg
F60A54F0-6924-4279-AD16-91207DEE1B26 (resized).jpeg
879242E9-EF0D-454A-B865-F9100362061B (resized).jpeg
A7852DA0-2699-45DC-B1F9-9F8B4A9DF08F (resized).jpeg
25FFCE2D-7862-48F3-8F8A-15CC4CD52079 (resized).jpeg
744B291C-A72C-47B6-A9F9-33AA9425D7EE (resized).jpeg
139279D2-13A1-48AE-8737-E7A7A4BEF2D9 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 42.
#1851 37 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

They already made a bracket for the stuck ball in the targets. Should be on my game when I get it next week. Stern still pretending they don't know about the chum line airballs on Jaws while the mod makers fix their screw up.

Awesome to hear. The ramp one I watched happened and seemed like a freak thing.

I would like to report to SpookyLuke something I observed with 2 balls out of commission. I power cycled the machine and was able to start a game but the screen that reports stuck balls was locked on. When I did the same when one ball was stuck, that screen went away and I played a few more games without issue.

Maybe something worth looking into in the code.

#1852 37 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Awesome to hear. The ramp one I watched happened and seemed like a freak thing.
I would like to report to SpookyLuke something I observed with 2 balls out of commission. I power cycled the machine and was able to start a game but the screen that reports stuck balls was locked on. When I did the same when one ball was stuck, that screen went away and I played a few more games without issue.
Maybe something worth looking into in the code.

I believe they caught that and fixed already! Thank you though

#1853 36 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe they caught that and fixed already! Thank you though

Great to hear. Can’t stop thinking about the fun flow of this one, on top of so many other things aesthetically I liked. I think everyone’s gonna be very happy.

#1854 36 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Great to hear. Can’t stop thinking about the fun flow of this one, on top of so many other things aesthetically I liked. I think everyone’s gonna be very happy.

Oh man I love to hear that! We have been getting such good feedback on this one. Really hoping everyone appreciates this layout as much as we do. Just really top tier shot to shot combinations.

#1855 36 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Oh man I love to hear that! We have been getting such good feedback on this one. Really hoping everyone appreciates this layout as much as we do. Just really top tier shot to shot combinations.

I’ll let you know in May when I see you guys at Pinfest and get my game

#1856 36 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I got maybe three games on it at TPF and kept being surprised - oh hell, there's a shot... there's another shot...wait, there's a shot too. Layout is crazy packed.

I can't wait to spend some time on it without all the show fade. Wish you offered precisions as a factory upgrade, save me the hassle - they really shine on your games.

#1857 33 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

I got maybe three games on it at TPF and kept being surprised - oh hell, there's a shot... there's another shot...wait, there's a shot too. Layout is crazy packed.
I can't wait to spend some time on it without all the show fade. Wish you offered precisions as a factory upgrade, save me the hassle - they really shine on your games.

Oh yes, this Looney Tune machine is going to make the next machine that is going to compete like the one from Pirate of the Caribbean from JJ 2018 that is going to be a success and there will be no more in production. I see it costing about 20K in the near future!... I was playing all 5 machines at the TPF and listening to everyone's impressions and the only criticisms I could hear were criticisms that do not go into design issues or how fun the machine is. Mostly they were direct criticisms of other experiences of other Spooky machines which were not relevant to the LT machine. In my opinion this is the machine that will demonstrate the company's efforts in its best period of development.

#1858 32 days ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

Oh yes, this Looney Tune machine is…a success and there will be no more in production. I see it costing about 20K in the near future!...

It would be nice if this machine were 20k in a few years!

#1859 32 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:It would be nice if this machine were 20k in a few years!

This is a pinball machine. Not your 401k.

#1860 32 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

This is a pinball machine. Not your 401k.

Hey man, I didn’t come up with the idea, I just echoed the sentiment of the previous post! Ha! Still, though…

#1861 32 days ago

By the way @jagrmaister, if you are getting a 100% return in your 401k in a few years time, I’d like to meet your team of advisors…

#1862 32 days ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

I see it costing about 20K in the near future!...

Interested in a bridge?

#1863 32 days ago

Pffft ! 20 k doesn’t even buy the scrap steel from the Francis Scott Key

#1864 31 days ago

Hey, maybe he meant that inflation is so high that it will be “worth” 20k just like a gallon of milk is “worth” 5 bucks.

#1865 31 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

By the way @jagrmaister, if you are getting a 100% return in your 401k in a few years time, I’d like to meet your team of advisors…

I only accumulate Bitcoin and have abandoned all other legacy financial strategies, savings, and investment instruments at this point. I will continue doing so. YMMV.

#1866 31 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I only accumulate Bitcoin and have abandoned all other legacy financial strategies, savings, and investment instruments at this point. I will continue doing so. YMMV.

Including diversification, I’m guessing…

#1867 31 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

Including diversification, I’m guessing…

Diversification of investments? No. Not anymore. Unless you want to count these pinball machines of mine. I don't.

Anywho. Back to LT. Hoping to make it to MGC next week and play one but it's now clashing with another group event that sporadically came up and have been telling myself I couldn't miss. Not sure I can get up there now. Damn it.

Glad to hear Spooky about to drop the next batch of code. Hoping by the time my machine rolls out the door LT is absolutely banging!

#1868 31 days ago
Quoted from Floydpr:

Oh yes, this Looney Tune machine is going to make the next machine that is going to compete like the one from Pirate of the Caribbean from JJ 2018 that is going to be a success and there will be no more in production. I see it costing about 20K in the near future!... I was playing all 5 machines at the TPF and listening to everyone's impressions and the only criticisms I could hear were criticisms that do not go into design issues or how fun the machine is. Mostly they were direct criticisms of other experiences of other Spooky machines which were not relevant to the LT machine. In my opinion this is the machine that will demonstrate the company's efforts in its best period of development.

Nope, Keep an eye on Rick and Morty pins and it will give you a good price projection.

IMG_8416 (resized).jpegIMG_8416 (resized).jpeg
#1869 30 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nope, Keep an eye on Rick and Morty pins and it will give you a good price projection.

Disagree. If the software meets/exceeds expectations LT should hold value better because of theme (not as niche as R&M) and because of how well people seem the shots and flow on the playfield. It’s not going to double but it should do ok.

#1870 30 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disagree. If the software meets/exceeds expectations LT should hold value better because of theme (not as niche as R&M) and because of how well people seem the shots and flow on the playfield. It’s not going to double but it should do ok.

First step would be to reach the 888 sold or it will never increase over the $9699.00 CE nib sales price. (Even if it is sold to 888 that will most likely be filling Distro’s stock so all nib inventory needs to be sold)
In the mean time used LT will hit the market and will be sold less of the msrp.
The longer it takes to sell out and the inflow of new releases of other manufacturers will take potential sales away and will also increase the overall used market volume creating more deals/options for buyers and have effect on potential LT sales.

Just the way it goes. Still a good game.

#1871 30 days ago

For now it’s not in great demand,i had to sell my second spot at 1300 to get it sold! But the theme is the top top top for me and I am older than most so I don’t care as much about resale anymore but the way things are going I don’t see any game holding value anymore.

#1872 30 days ago

I remember turning down an otherwise pristine $2400 Funhouse about 10 years ago because it had a playfield overlay…I wish we were back in those days!

#1873 30 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

For now it’s not in great demand,i had to sell my second spot at 1300 to get it sold! But the theme is the top top top for me and I am older than most so I don’t care as much about resale anymore but the way things are going I don’t see any game holding value anymore.

Yep we feel the same about LT and Scooby both. Scooby is never leaving (wife’s favorite cartoon) and we expect/hope LT is the same (big fans). It is sad that the Spooky games don’t hold value as much as other games especially weaker ones but it is what it is. I am not in this hobby for investment purposes I am in it for enjoyment.

#1874 30 days ago

I suppose if you take the $1 or $2 per game cost and do the math with your own home machine gameplay audits, I bet you’d find that you actually recoup more money at a sale than you think. We don’t often think about money spent playing pinball in the wild as “losing money” like we do when a home machine takes a haircut. If a game has 1000 plays when you sell it, you really spent 1k or 2k playing it over the months or years if you were charging yourself. This is how I justify a NIB purchase anyway!

#1875 30 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I am not in this hobby for investment purposes I am in it for enjoyment.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1876 30 days ago

Folks all obsessed with the value of the games and not the actual game

#1877 30 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

You sold a spot for $1300 was it a $2000 CE deposit spot?

#1878 30 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You sold a spot for $1300 was it a $2000 CE deposit spot?

He didn't want to wait for his preorder spot and picked up an earlier game to have it now.

#1879 30 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Def a hype thread now

#1880 30 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Def a hype thread now

#1881 27 days ago

I am still waiting for my delivery. Should be any week now. I think if spooky continues to build the code and expand on the modes and ways the game can be played/appoached LT this could continue to build momentum and sell out.

I am sure many are out still watching and waiting and playing to make their decision.

#1882 27 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nope, Keep an eye on Rick and Morty pins and it will give you a good price projection. [quoted image]

True I bought mine for 11.5 about two years ago. Now I can’t even sell it for enough to get a Looney Tunes CE. Oh well, maybe someone will trade in a year. I love Rick and Morty but want the more family friendly LT.

#1883 26 days ago

I mean, you could ALMOST pay for an LT by selling your RnM, I think it'd be foolish to expect a 1-1 trade on used vs NIB game.

#1884 26 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

I mean, you could ALMOST pay for an LT by selling your RnM, I think it'd be foolish to expect a 1 trade on used vs NIB game.

RnM was averaging around 11-12k with the limited run. I wouldn’t be surprised to see prices rise again for it with how few were made. For now, I guess I’ll hold!

#1885 26 days ago

It's a bad time to sell anything right now. The deals are nuts on used pins. The market for pins seems good still but I think we've reached a saturation point and now there's just so much stock floating about. Spooky I think made a good choice with rolling down to 888 machines on these two games after doing 1250 Halloween and over 1600 Scooby. Think all manufacturers need to chill on their runs right now.

So many tempting pins for sale at 3-4k off what we saw a year or two ago.

#1886 26 days ago

NIB sales are definitely down. Even the big themes from the big manufacturers are slow movers. NIB purchases drop well below msrp day one on most pins these days and that is not accounting for tax and shipping costs if they apply to the sale. The used market is flooded and is probably the best place to shop for a great deal. I believe this trend is going to stick around for a little while. The market is correcting itself.

#1887 26 days ago

Sold my r&m for around 13k I believe. Glad I got rid of it back a few yrs ago. Used game sales suck now.

#1888 25 days ago

I suppose that Spooky games will weather this a bit better than Stern games. Both are of substantial quality but Spooky’s aren’t a dime a dozen. I doubt if I’ll be buying a NIB theme in the near future from any company that churns out thousands of games. The price difference simply isn’t worth the trade between that new pin smell and minor wear and tear. On the flip side, maybe the pinball community is reverting back to the good old days when games were cheap enough to have a game room full of them without having to empty the garage to pay for it…

#1889 25 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I suppose that Spooky games will weather this a bit better than Stern games....

#1890 25 days ago
Quoted from PinSpinner:

I suppose that Spooky games will weather this a bit better than Stern games

Nib Scooby with Butter cab.
This pin is still in production and for sale on the spooky web site.
Good deal.

IMG_8458 (resized).jpegIMG_8458 (resized).jpeg
#1891 25 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Good deal.

I don’t know what any of this has to do with LT, but I find this interesting. Is $9k now a better deal than $11.7k and a year if you want a NIB Scooby? Of course.

But the “it took too long to arrive so I decided not to open it”? I literally laughed when I read this. Maybe the seller thought Scooby was a great pin a year ago, played it in the interim and decided it’s fun any more but “I’m not even going to bother with it because I was impatient and got other games” (apparently realizing a space problem while doing so)?

This is what happens in today’s Amazon Prime society when people can’t deal with not having instant gratification by ordering something on Monday and getting it Wednesday. If you want a game immediately, order one from dealer stock. Otherwise wait is the name of the game and months, at minimum, is the norm (and a year is not out of the ordinary with any manufacturer other than Stern).

frankmac if this is your game - sell it for whatever reason you want. If I were a potential buyer, it’s irrelevant that you didn’t get you get your game for a year and the ad gives off a “desperately have to sell vibe” which is the last thing you want as a seller. And it has nothing to do with Looney Tunes unless you are selling so you can wait a year for a different Saturday morning cartoon themed pinball machine.

I apologize if my original comment on value derailed the thread. Pinball machines are not investments. They are luxury toys for which we generally pay a premium for buying NIB.

#1892 25 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

frankmac if this is your game -

jfh Not my machine! The add states it took to long to receive the Scooby pin.
December 11,2022 release/deposits.
11/23 build date so it looks like a year could have passed from deposit to delivery.
Lots of conditions change in a year so here it is.
Not to mention LT/TCM released about the time the owner was waiting or receiving his Scooby.
Anyway looks like it could be a good deal for someone looking to save and have a NIB Scooby with Butter Cab. I wish them good luck with the sale.

#1893 25 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Good deal.
[quoted image]

I just picked up a Scooby CE with butter for 8k..barely used.
That being said, the game is absolutely awesome...one of my favorites, instantly.
Because I like it so much, and have had exceptional customer service, I will consider picking up a LT. I probably would have passed if I didnt get to experience Scoob first

#1894 25 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I just picked up a Scooby CE with butter for 8k..barely used.

Congrats! Looks like you landed a great deal. The owner’s add I listed above is also smart for not opening the box. Definitely a more attractive sale NIB to potential buyer’s and potentially avoiding a 10% out of box price drop based on your purchase. Good luck with the game.

#1895 25 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The owner’s add I listed above is also smart for not opening the box. Definitely a more attractive sale NIB to potential buyer’s and potentially avoiding a 10% out of box price drop.

The only smart part about the ad.

#1896 21 days ago

My woman and I grew up on looney tunes, we own the entire collection of cartoons, and enjoy them to this day. When this game was announced, we were looking forward to buying our first brand new Spooky. Unfortunately Warner Brothers decided to neuter and spade Spooky in the making of, and honoring of the source material. We don't care about the modern messaging in everything. Makes us sick. Looney tunes was hugely cartoon violence based. How do you have rabbit or duck season without Elmer and his shotgun? What about daffy getting his bill spun around his head? Every character tried to kill or mutilate the other in some silly way. Yosemite guns ablaze. A mean bull trying to kill bugs. These cartoons were all about cartoon violence. Just silly fun. This pinball shits on that legacy, and not the fault of spooky.
There's a reason"the new looney tunes" cartoon, is terrible with terrible reviews.

I'm not saying this pin isn't or can't be enjoyable, but it shouldn't have been made as it is. This isn't looney tunes golden years. Warner was fine building itself off the original material popularity, so they can now make trashy violent movies, but somehow, they want to bury the history of these cartoons, or sterilize them for a dumbed down crowd. What a sad sad world we live. Looney was adult messages in cartoons for kids, and entertaining for all. That's what makes these cartoons funny.

We felt like someone took a big steamy dump on our childhood.
This pin could've appealed to a greater crowd.
Had this pin been an homage to the popular source material and characters, we believe, it would've sold out.

This is a case of trying to appease everyone, you appease almost no one.
This pins been out for quite awhile and 1 bad rating/ review. 44 owners, like 66 want the game. These aren't promising numbers. Looney tunes deserves better.

In our minds Spooky should've told warner to go pound sand, and chose a different property with more freedom to do their property justice.

#1897 21 days ago

My opinion

#1898 21 days ago
Quoted from leonml:

My woman and I grew up on looney tunes, we own the entire collection of cartoons, and enjoy them to this day. When this game was announced, we were looking forward to buying our first brand new Spooky. Unfortunately Warner Brothers decided to neuter and spade Spooky in the making of, and honoring of the source material. We don't care about the modern messaging in everything. Makes us sick. Looney tunes was hugely cartoon violence based. How do you have rabbit or duck season without Elmer and his shotgun? What about daffy getting his bill spun around his head? Every character tried to kill or mutilate the other in some silly way. Yosemite guns ablaze. A mean bull trying to kill bugs. These cartoons were all about cartoon violence. Just silly fun. This pinball shits on that legacy, and not the fault of spooky.
There's a reason"the new looney tunes" cartoon, is terrible with terrible reviews.
I'm not saying this pin isn't or can't be enjoyable, but it shouldn't have been made as it is. This isn't looney tunes golden years. Warner was fine building itself off the original material popularity, so they can now make trashy violent movies, but somehow, they want to bury the history of these cartoons, or sterilize them for a dumbed down crowd. What a sad sad world we live. Looney was adult messages in cartoons for kids, and entertaining for all. That's what makes these cartoons funny.
We felt like someone took a big steamy dump on our childhood.
This pin could've appealed to a greater crowd.
Had this pin been an homage to the popular source material and characters, we believe, it would've sold out.
This is a case of trying to appease everyone, you appease almost no one.
This pins been out for quite awhile and 1 bad rating/ review. 44 owners, like 66 want the game. These aren't promising numbers. Looney tunes deserves better.
In our minds Spooky should've told warner to go pound sand, and chose a different property with more freedom to do their property justice.

The game has not been out for quite awhile now like you claim and has like half the modes yet to be programmed in it yet. Your judging something that will not be complete for probably another year and hyper focused on "well if they don't put this in the game why even bother". The first mode in this video is Elmer chasing bugs with a spear singing "kill the wabbit!!!". I think you probably made up your mind to hate on the game if it didn't have Sam or Elmer blasting their gun every five seconds, it's a Looney Tunes game not Looney Tunes "violent edition".

#1899 21 days ago

Let me know if there is another looney tunes game I can own and not bbbb until then I am so happy this game was made and I could care less if it’s not Super violent and if it’s anything like Scooby it will only get better and better.

#1900 21 days ago

Thanks for clearly contextualizing your opinion right up front.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Vienna, VA
10,500 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looney-tunes-hype-thread/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.