autofire (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
MysteryMachine (resized).jpg
20221228_191535 (resized).jpg
20221228_191526 (resized).jpg
20221228_102122 (resized).jpg
639F1BCD-1D35-4157-974E-90C34B326ECC (resized).jpeg
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
#751 1 year ago

I couldn't get image to post, sorry.

Photo Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 03, 12 27 50 PM (resized).jpg
#752 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I grabbed a friend's junkyard van to paint up and I am not sure if I want to rust it up. I went with the hippie vibe and I think it came out good. Should I now make it look old or leave it be?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bus looks great now! I would keep it as is, I think painting rust now would clash with the motive and just look bad.

2 weeks later
#753 1 year ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

[quoted image]
The hotdog insert would not stay flat, I had removed it and reglued it but it raised up again in short order. It was like this when I received it. Early on I tried to glue it back into place, but it warped up on its own after a short while.
[quoted image]
Not sure how this happened. Finally got a new red hotdog insert... seems they are a touch rare.
[quoted image]
Whipped up some quick and dirty artwork, figured I'd do some different colors for giggles.
[quoted image]
Put in my order for a 5" clear decal and a week later this showed up.
[quoted image]
I tried the yellow/red color fade first but there was a raised symbol on the face of the insert, so there was a blemish on how the decal was applied. I peeled it off, sanded the face of the insert flat and tried yellow... it looked nice until I put it in.... with all the other inserts white the yellow didn't look right so I popped it out again and applied the white. Happy with the results and it is nice to have a flush insert.

Can you please share the file, as im a total noob with photoshop or equivalent

#754 1 year ago

Hi, I bought a JY in 2013 and it is still my favourite machine!
I had a reset recently as I did not change the batteries on time...

Since then, I have this very loud knocker noise every time I score an extra ball in the sewer.
I did not have this before. It annoys the f*** out of me and surely worries my neighbors.

Any idea how to switch the knocker off?
Is there a setting in the menu (I cannot find it in the manual) or do I need to fiddle with the solenoid?

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from Maruebe:

Since then, I have this very loud knocker noise every time I score an extra ball in the sewer.
I did not have this before. It annoys the f*** out of me and surely worries my neighbors.
Is there a setting in the menu (I cannot find it in the manual) or do I need to fiddle with the solenoid?

The solenoid for the knocker is in the back box. You could simply disconnect it. It has a plug connection right next to it.

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Maruebe:

I would think you could change that in settings.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from lays526:

Can you please share the file, as im a total noob with photoshop or equivalent

Not sure if the image is going to get resized here, 1500 X 1500 is what is should be.
autofire (resized).jpgautofire (resized).jpg

And in case it gets screwed up here, you can find a copy of it here:

https://app.box.com/s/8bskzn4iw8gkkxsr3sa0pozm291g2rfb

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from Maruebe:

It must be a setting since it didn't do it before the batteries died. I'm sure you will find it.

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from Langless28:

The solenoid for the knocker is in the back box. You could simply disconnect it. It has a plug connection right next to it.

That did the job.
Thanks. Could have thought of that.

1 week later
#760 1 year ago

I am converting the back box lights into led. The holders are brittle and breaking can someone post me a link where I can get replacements?

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Not sure if the image is going to get resized here, 1500 X 1500 is what is should be.
[quoted image]
And in case it gets screwed up here, you can find a copy of it here:
https://app.box.com/s/8bskzn4iw8gkkxsr3sa0pozm291g2rfb

Thanks, much appreciated

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from Mttw:

I am converting the back box lights into led. The holders are brittle and breaking can someone post me a link where I can get replacements?

This kind of looks like it
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8818

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Mttw:

I don’t think they are available anymore. I would be very careful to not damage anymore.

These may work. But they have a built in diode and I think all JY back box lamps are GI which don’t require a diode. Only lamp matrixes do.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5216-00

1 month later
#764 1 year ago

Going through my parts and found this. Sold my game a while back and have no need for this anymore. 25 shipped pm if interested.

Pending now.

20230315_172710 (resized).jpg20230315_172710 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#765 12 months ago

Any ideas where to get 5647-12693-65. Shooter lane switch 18?

#766 12 months ago
Quoted from Mttw:

Any ideas where to get 5647-12693-65. Shooter lane switch 18?

Google search by any part number and will show everyone who carries it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=5647-12693-65&oq=5647-12693-65&aqs=chrome..69i57j6.1067j0j7&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

#768 12 months ago
Quoted from Mttw:

It’s been discontinued

Is your switch completely missing? If not, you can just buy the cherry switch and swap the armature to the new switch.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-sub-microswitch-5647-12693.html

#769 12 months ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Is your switch completely missing? If not, you can just buy the cherry switch and swap the armature to the new switch.

That was my next comment.

#770 11 months ago

Can someone please post a pic of their trough upkicker mounting? Mine appears to be striking the mounting nuts every time it fires and I'm wondering if the wrong parts were used. Thanks.

20230506_083005 (resized).jpg20230506_083005 (resized).jpg
#771 11 months ago
Quoted from justyn:

Can someone please post a pic of their trough upkicker mounting? Mine appears to be striking the mounting nuts every time it fires and I'm wondering if the wrong parts were used. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Looks like the bracket should have threaded holes for the screws. I suspect your bracket has stripped out, so somebody added longer screws and nuts to hold it in place. If you need to replace the part, the manual should have a diagram showing all of the trough parts, including the part number for that bracket.

For reference, here is a picture from my machine:
IMG_4374 (resized).jpegIMG_4374 (resized).jpeg

#772 11 months ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Looks like the bracket should have threaded holes for the screws. I suspect your bracket has stripped out, so somebody added longer screws and nuts to hold it in place. If you need to replace the part, the manual should have a diagram showing all of the trough parts, including the part number for that bracket.
[quoted image]

Perfect - that confirms it. Thank you!

#773 11 months ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

[quoted image]

So I'm trying to track down just the coil bracket but everything seems to list the entire trough kicker assembly as a single part#. How can I tell what part# just the coil bracket is? Is this right? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5203-03 Or this? https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8-508-T And, depending on which one, what screws correspond with it? TIA.

#775 11 months ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

It snapped off

#776 11 months ago

Glad we have so many nice helpful people. It really helps makes it easier to keep these older games in good condition.

#777 11 months ago

Hey folks, I'm pretty unfamiliar with JY but am looking at possibly buying one soon. One that I am looking as a possible candidate has something I'm a little concerned about. I've not seen it in person; only a few pics so far, but it appears that all of the artwork on the inserts is missing white filled in areas. In other words, it's just the black outline of whatever words or characters are on the insert. Do any of you recognize this? Did some of the games get manufactured w/out the white filled in areas? I was thinking this was possibly a prototype or early sample run but I didn't see anything mentioned about this from a quick research. See pic below; notice the inserts? Thoughts?

IMG_E9495 (resized).JPGIMG_E9495 (resized).JPG
#778 11 months ago

Prototype looks to have the white on it. Photos are in the link. Prototype would also have a magnet for the crane.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=4014

#779 11 months ago

I don’t need a higher resolution picture. That’s a lot of insert wear.

66095238165__64880774-AA56-4661-B3D6-7522918AADD6 (resized).jpeg66095238165__64880774-AA56-4661-B3D6-7522918AADD6 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#780 10 months ago

Finally beat this game! Took a long time, fell just by the finish line multiple times.
Love the game!
E7340A4B-001E-449A-BA0F-AD8393E56160 (resized).jpegE7340A4B-001E-449A-BA0F-AD8393E56160 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#781 8 months ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Finally beat this game! Took a long time, fell just by the finish line multiple times.
Love the game!
[quoted image]

Original (non-licensed) themes have gotten very much out of vogue, which is unfortunate, but I think they can be really superior !
I'm not sure how deep this one goes, as I've rarely gotten past the mode that comes after "Start Your Jalopies" -- I'm blanking on whichever that is at the moment. The other day was the first time I even got to the mode that comes after "The Great Toilet Adventure" -- again, not recalling exactly what that was, but probably had some "Flying / Aerial" connection. I know another owner who has gotten further than I ever did, although not to the ultimate flying-the-contraption-out-of-the-junkyard to escape.

#782 8 months ago

Just a heads up - we had a couple owners approach us about a solution for the Magic Bus switch. When I owned my JY I had the same problem - the switch would sometimes hold the ball after the post was released....

We gave firefighter and Talon2000 a generic ramp MRS to install - and for both it worked, but they implemented it in two very different ways - we decided that there was a cleaner way so we've created a specific/custom MRS solution - it's complete and curing and I'll be shipping it to firefighter for testing tomorrow - let's see how he does with it. And always - we have an MRS solution for the Toliet Bowl so you can get more flushes!

More to report later!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

#783 8 months ago

I will keep everyone updated after I receive the new Bus switch and put it to the test. I did install the Toilet switch and now the ball makes at least 5-8 revolutions in the bowl instead of 2. Matt is great to work with and enjoyed getting this design improved to make this game flow better.

#784 8 months ago

The switch is just just a bit tricky to adjust. Make sure you don’t have one of 1 dollar switches in that spot. Mine still works great, made a previous post.

1 week later
#785 7 months ago

Magic Bus MRS testing is complete...thanks to firefighter and Talon2000 .....the pics show how the MRS installs - 1 screw and the MRS is connectorized- so plug and play.....very easy to install...the purpose is to keep the ball from holding as the MRS provides contactless detection. Both Kev & Gene had the issue as did I when I had JY - although I rigged a less elegant solution for mine - it was still an MRS. Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpgUntitled(1) (resized).jpgUntitled(1) (resized).jpg

Simply PM me to purchase....don't forget an MRS for the toilet bowl too!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

2 months later
#786 5 months ago

I’ve owned one of these machines for maybe 12 years. I bought it for our office…….at a junkyard. My name “junkyard” is in reference to that and not the game. The game has treated me well and is at my house now waiting to be joined by a friend. It was great fun at the junkyards and there was a guy around that looked like bob. Nothing has ever gone wrong with it, but I was looking close at it the other night and it’s in dire need of rubber. So I ordered them and some light bulbs. Needs a good cleaning and waxing. Have only played it a handful of times at the new house(due to location and knobs it needed love) but that’s gunna change.

Years ago I did get to space but didn’t beat bob. Need to beat bob. This pin is bolted to the floor as they say. My family owned junkyards from the late 1920’s until I sold them a few years ago. So it’s a oddly sentimental.

1 month later
#787 4 months ago

With the arrival of my Godzilla and my game room/office remodel I got around to doing some stuff to my junkyard. New coil sleeves all around, general cleaning, waxed the playfield and new balls. The dog house had become deformed but soaking it in hot water and reforming it did the trick. Still lots to do.

Noticed the side rail has a split in it at a joint in the wood. Thinking I’ll need to replace that.

So we fired it up and the start button doesn’t work. I was going to get one in several orders but kept removing it from the cart. So jumped the wires.

Game plays so much better. Now I’m motivated to replace the rubbers and clean/wax the plastic ramps.

1 month later
#788 78 days ago

Does anybody have a lead on the Dog Mechanism Bracket 04-10587.1? Mine had the coil stop break off.

1 week later
#789 70 days ago

I finally got around to doing the rest of the rubber rings on my junkyard. My Marcos kit was missing a few rings in the upper right corner but they weren’t too bad so didn’t worry about it. Polished and waxed the ramps. I used this stuff called “plexus” it’s for motorcycle helmet face shields and seems to work great. I used it on my golf cart plastic windshield as well. It smells good too but I’m careful to not get it on the decals or printing until I can test it.

Also adjusted a few switches, added some missing nuts and screws, and some cleaning and other trueing up. Added a remote battery. Replaced my bob decal.

Wow it plays so good now. Everything smooth and seems quieter.

Only thing is my dog house went back to its bad shape. So my hot water trick didn’t last. Any ideas? Just get a new one? PPS has nos and remanufactures, any suggestions?

1 month later
#790 13 days ago

I should probably just try looking this up in the manual, but will ask this here instead, as a lazy shortcut. Prior to yesterday, there were probably 3 times that I got as far as chasing Crazy Bob into outer space, though fell short of defeating him there. But yesterday I managed that for a 4th. time (at 77 mil. points & change), and *did* defeat him. The question then: is there any game goal *beyond* that ? Some Wizard Mode perhaps ? (Doesn't need to be. I'm satisfied with things as they are.)

#791 13 days ago

I believe that Crazy Bob IS the Wizard Mode. After this? You start over and gotta do it again.

#792 13 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I believe that Crazy Bob IS the Wizard Mode. After this? You start over and gotta do it again.

After fighting Bob, you get to keep all your junk. It's just a matter of playing through the Adventures again for a re-match.

#793 13 days ago

Here's a little anecdote for you regarding the music in Junk Yard:

I always thought the music was well-suited to the game and very well composed, arranged and performed so I reached out to Kurt Goebel to ask if he had the original uncompressed soundtrack or music cuts to the game.

He said that they were on DAT tapes in boxes in storage or something and he didn't even have the equipment to reproduce it anymore, and besides which he was upset that he was cheated out of payment for that job anyway!

Apparently WMS was going to pay him with a Junk Yard machine of his own but never delivered. This was when they were going down and it upsets me that they screwed him out of it. He was too disgusted to take legal action and so he let it slide.

Someday we should all chip in and find a game to buy and give to Kurt; but this seems unlikely given how the prices have increased so dramatically.

#794 12 days ago
Quoted from Zee:

He said that they were on DAT tapes in boxes in storage or something and he didn't even have the equipment to reproduce it anymore, and besides which he was upset that he was cheated out of payment for that job anyway!

IMHO, aside from the part being upset about the lack of payment (really? that is surprising, but a real damn shame to hear ) - the lack of method should not be a showstopper - there's thousands of 'antique' audiophile geeks out there that likely has ALL the equipment necessary to pull the originals off.

#795 12 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, aside from the part being upset about the lack of payment (really? that is surprising, but a real damn shame to hear ) - the lack of method should not be a showstopper - there's thousands of 'antique' audiophile geeks out there that likely has ALL the equipment necessary to pull the originals off.

Yeah, but he seemed bitter about the whole episode so I didn't push it. This was like 12 years ago so maybe - possibly - he'd be more open to the idea now.

#796 12 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Thanks for that info. Some other (later ?) games apparently had a lot more layers for their advanced stages. I reached "Lost in the Zone" wizard mode on TZ three times at the Banning Museum, but apart from that I'm not recalling any other wizard modes that I ever got to. No, wait a minute: there were a few of these on Simpsons' Pinball Party, and I did once get to what must have been the first of them (something like "Aliens Attack" ?), but the list of these wizard mode experiences is *short* for me. And I've been playing for a very long time !

#797 12 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

IMHO, the lack of method should not be a showstopper - there's thousands of 'antique' audiophile geeks out there that likely has ALL the equipment necessary to pull the originals off.

I can tell you that there are scads of special interest forums out there -- much as Pinside is for pinball. It would just be a matter of finding the right forum and connecting with the right person there. But I can relate. I've had a very fine and well equipped HiFi system (but never got into DAT . . . ) that has been in storage for years. After I moved I just never had the space to set it up again -- properly -- and other interests like pinball and film / video intruded, competing for space and limited available time. In recent years my music listening has mostly gotten confined to in the car, while driving more than a short errands distance.

#798 11 days ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Some other (later ?) games apparently had a lot more layers for their advanced stages.

Yeah, like Scared Stiff, it's not as deep as some other games (like MM comes to mind). I cannot recall if there's a special little mode when you get all the rewards on the backglass or not. I'm sure some of it has to do with the design team and WMS themselves, moving the team onto the next project.

Quoted from Heretic_9:

I can tell you that there are scads of special interest forums out there -- much as Pinside is for pinball. It would just be a matter of finding the right forum and connecting with the right person there.

IMHO, AudioKarma would probably be the best bet in this case. Assuming anything ever comes of it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queensbury, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 798 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/junk-yard-club-all-welcome/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.