P1060969 (resized).JPG
P1060952 (resized).JPG
2024-04-24 13.26.45 (resized).jpg
IMG_6998 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0785 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6707 (resized).jpeg
BBU (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 34.
#1451 13 days ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Two questions:
1. My PE is playing GREAT! Every-so-often during play, I notice it goes "dark" for a 1/10th of a second. Play continues and all is well. But, just doesn't seem "normal". It is if everything goes out and then it continues. Like a flash of DARK!
Anyone else see this? Is this normal? If not... what could cause that? Should I contact JJP?
2. CE shooter knob is cool!! Any aftermarket options? Something similar?
-Rob

During pinball wizard!
Deaf,dumb, blind. It’s supposed to.

#1452 13 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

During pinball wizard!

Kidding right?

-Rob

#1453 13 days ago
Quoted from scottr:

We did enough research on GFCE before I purchased to know we’d like it, similar to the current list of games in our collection, so not selling anytime soon. Also, we’ve been in the hobby long enough to know the market is the market - who knows what it will be if / when we decide to sell. We’re just focused on enjoying them for the foreseeable future.

I agree. You buy a game because you enjoy it, not because you are thinking about selling it.

#1454 13 days ago

not kidding!

#1455 13 days ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Two questions:
1. My PE is playing GREAT! Every-so-often during play, I notice it goes "dark" for a 1/10th of a second. Play continues and all is well. But, just doesn't seem "normal". It is if everything goes out and then it continues. Like a flash of DARK!
Anyone else see this? Is this normal? If not... what could cause that? Should I contact JJP?
-Rob

If you listen to the lyrics and watch what happens you will see, flippers flutter, lights blink off, and pops pop. Once, the Flipper flutter caused me to lose a ball on a good game I was into.

#1456 13 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

If you listen to the lyrics and watch what happens you will see, flippers flutter, lights blink off, and pops pop. Once, the Flipper flutter caused me to lose a ball on a good game I was into.

I'm shocked that people are still wondering about this as it has been bought up so many times in the past.

#1457 13 days ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

My PE is playing GREAT! Every-so-often during play, I notice it goes "dark" for a 1/10th of a second. Play continues and all is well. But, just doesn't seem "normal". It is if everything goes out and then it continues. Like a flash of DARK!

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-elton-john-official-owners-club/page/25#post-8121069

#1458 13 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm shocked that people are still wondering about this as it has been bought up so many times in the past.

30 pages of info makes it a needle in a hay stack

#1459 13 days ago

Joined the club last night. Having spent all my pinball allocation on Jaws LE, I had to trade two games to get Elton, but I’m glad I did.

IMG_3927 (resized).pngIMG_3927 (resized).png
#1460 13 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

30 pages of info makes it a needle in a hay stack

Yeah. You are certainly right about that.

#1461 13 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Joined the club last night. Having spent all my pinball allocation on Jaws LE, I had to trade two games to get Elton, but I’m glad I did.
[quoted image]

Enjoy! Front door placement, must not be married.

#1462 13 days ago

I apologize for not knowing about the "features" regarding flippers, going dark, etc.

WILD!!!

Thanks to this group for setting me straight!

SO AWESOME!

-Rob

#1463 13 days ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

I apologize for not knowing about the "features" regarding flippers, going dark, etc.
WILD!!!
Thanks to this group for setting me straight!
SO AWESOME!
-Rob

It’s a wild ride !

#1464 13 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think what happens is the vibration from the flippers cause a switch to active. My guess is a leaf switch is too close and needs to be adjusted. Put the game in switch test and activate the high voltage. Flip the flipper and see what other switch is going off, then adjust it.
Should be a simple fix.

Thank you! How do I activate the High Voltage during switch test? I don't see that as an option anywhere...

#1465 13 days ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Thank you! How do I activate the High Voltage during switch test? I don't see that as an option anywhere...

When you close the coin door there is a button that is pushed in, a pin. You have to open the door and pull that out with the coin door opened, that will activate the high voltage.

#1466 13 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

Enjoy! Front door placement, must not be married.

Ha! I am married, but she’s very understanding. She likes playing too, and Elton is now her favorite game in our 12 pin collection. What’s the expression? Happy wife…etc. etc.

#1467 13 days ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Two questions:
-Rob

Are you choosing Pinball Wizard song when this happens or every song?

#1468 13 days ago

Moderator note -

Friendly reminder, this is a club thread...not the place to debate this game and troll owners. If you like the game post here, if you have negative comments that can even remotely be deemed trolling leave the thread immediately.

#1469 13 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

[quoted image]

You made a great decision. My second JJP game and third purchase from Little Shop of Games. Outstanding distributor!

EJ (resized).jpgEJ (resized).jpg
#1470 13 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Code fun
“Deaf, dumb & blind kid” lyric makes the screen blink. Love it!

3 months ago!

#1471 13 days ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

You made a great decision. My second JJP game and third purchase from Little Shop of Games. Outstanding distributor![quoted image]

Yup. I got mine from Marshall at Little Shop too. It’s the third game I got from them. And you’re right: top notch distributor for sure.

#1472 13 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

During pinball wizard!

Yep! JJP is killin' it.

tommy-the-who.giftommy-the-who.gif
#1473 13 days ago
Quoted from Hogey:

As a follow up. I’ve been working with JJP on the Elton figurine issue (head not working properly). I’ve been advised that engineering is working on a fix for it in a future code update. The issue is sporadic and seems pretty isolated to certain machines. Hopefully the fix will be out soon. In the meantime I have disabled the head. Doesn’t affect gameplay obviously but I like the way it works with the game when operating correctly.
My favorite JJP to date. Love the light show. Glad I splurged on the CE. That sold it for two of my friends too. Such a great game. Love Elton John. Couldn’t ask for more.

Thanks for the update. Having similar issues with my PE. Currently Elton’s head is stuck in one place and shows up as an error on the test report

#1474 13 days ago
Quoted from Dvdstt:

Thanks for the update. Having similar issues with my PE. Currently Elton’s head is stuck in one place and shows up as an error on the test report

Mine did that
It reset eventually. On its own
Error went away.

#1475 13 days ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

You made a great decision. My second JJP game and third purchase from Little Shop of Games. Outstanding distributor![quoted image]

We haven't got any games in Australia yet, curious, do the glasses come with it?

#1476 13 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

We haven't got any games in Australia yet, curious, do the glasses come with it?

yes

#1477 13 days ago

I always take about 10-15 seconds before I launch the ball to listen to the song and watch Elton and the piano. Amazing

#1478 13 days ago

Scary to think what this pin will look like with a couple code updates!

#1479 13 days ago

I’m finding myself playing before and after work daily.

Never have I done that with my 60 other titles I’ve owned.

#1480 13 days ago

I had some issues with my piano lock, I have to say Ken and the team at JJP have been incredible, I could only wish every company I deal with had this level of customer service!

#1481 12 days ago

Questions on Facebook about slow sales of EJ CE promoted a direct response from JJP.

When asked if they would finish a complete run of Elton John CEs because they still haven't sold out, sighting that Godfather CE sold out in 3 weeks JJP said:

"We do build all of our Collector's Edition models."

So rest assured, there will be a total of 1000 CEs built, no matter how long it takes them to sell.

#1482 12 days ago

I read that as… Next game reveal at Pinball Expo.

Loving my CE. Worst feeling is playing Pinball Wizard and draining all 3 balls before the song ends … damn

#1483 12 days ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

I read that as… Next game reveal at Pinball Expo.
Loving my CE. Worst feeling is playing Pinball Wizard and draining all 3 balls before the song ends … damn

I'll be shocked if they wait that long, wasn't it suppose to be two titles a year?

#1484 12 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Questions on Facebook about slow sales of EJ CE promoted a direct response from JJP.
When asked if they would finish a complete run of Elton John CEs because they still haven't sold out, sighting that Godfather CE sold out in 3 weeks JJP said:
"We do build all of our Collector's Edition models."
So rest assured, there will be a total of 1000 CEs built, no matter how long it takes them to sell.

The difference with EJ is that most Distros only had to buy what they had orders for.

GF did not sell through to customers in 3 weeks.

My Distro bought the remaining 40 or so Wonka CEs from JJP after that run and I got one of those.

I’m pretty sure the “trolling” warning in the club thread is partly directed at you.

#1485 12 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The difference with EJ is that most Distros only had to buy what they had orders for.
GF did not sell through to customers in 3 weeks.
My Distro bought the remaining 40 or so Wonka CEs from JJP after that run and I got one of those.
I’m pretty sure the “trolling” warning in the club thread is partly directed at you.

To be honest with you, I actually thought GF CE sold out quicker than 3 weeks.

Trolling? Why because I said something you don't agree with or I am just reporting the facts? I mean you can go look at the comment yourself on Facebook.

Honestly... Why do you even care what I think if it holds no merit?

#1486 12 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I always take about 10-15 seconds before I launch the ball to listen to the song and watch Elton and the piano. Amazing

It is definitely an awesome mechanism. I love the LEDs on the piano as well. I'm a sucker for pixel art.

Not to be too nerdy, but whenever the song is playing and you are not collecting notes (and then wardrobe items), you have less and less time of completing the song and getting to victory laps.

It definitely put some haste into you to get to victory laps, so I totally get just trying to relax and enjoying the show instead.

#1487 12 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

It is definitely an awesome mechanism. I love the LEDs on the piano as well. I'm a sucker for pixel art.
Not to be too nerdy, but whenever the song is playing and you are not collecting notes (and then wardrobe items), you have less and less time of completing the song and getting to victory laps.
It definitely put some haste into you to get to victory laps, so I totally get just trying to relax and enjoying the show instead.

The piano screen is next level. It's cool to see all the different things it can display and it does way more than I thought it would originally do. I really like the rope light around the ramp too and the added mini hot rail by the shooter lane. If there is one thing JJP has nailed to a T, it's lighting. No other company holds a candle to it. No pun intended.

#1488 12 days ago

CH will get their CE's 1st of may, I am so excited, it's more fun to compete!

#1489 12 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The piano screen is next level. It's cool to see all the different things it can display and it does way more than I thought it would originally do. I really like the rope light around the ramp too and the added mini hot rail by the shooter lane. If there is one thing JJP has nailed to a T, it's lighting. No other company holds a candle to it. No pun intended.

Have you decided yet? Must be dificult as a Stern lover?

#1490 12 days ago
Quoted from Herbie21:

On buying a Elton John?

Stern Lover... I liked that you used the word "lover". Funny. lol

#1491 12 days ago

I imagine it it is difficult to admit that the leading role of Stern is over, with jjp's last machine!

#1492 12 days ago
Quoted from Herbie21:

I imagine it it is difficult to admit that the leading role of Stern is over, with jjp's last machine!

Yes. I'm sure Stern is very worried. lol

Now getting back to reality, it would be cool to see what Keith Elwin could do for JJP. It's too bad these designers are locked into one single company. Steve Ritchie certainly has brought new life into JJP. I would love to see what other designers like Keith could do given the platform.

Never say, never.

If Steve can do, anyone can in time.

#1493 12 days ago
IMG_3133 (resized).jpegIMG_3133 (resized).jpegIMG_3134 (resized).jpegIMG_3134 (resized).jpegIMG_3135 (resized).jpegIMG_3135 (resized).jpeg
#1494 12 days ago
Quoted from Herbie21:

I love my stern games too. But JJp for me. Godzilla will leave hen the next JJp comes out
I miss toy story also!

#1495 12 days ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent shots!!!! Wowza!

#1496 12 days ago

I agree, I don't know Keith Elwin, I will study him, I know Steve Ritchie, for me a hero but passed expiry date, Steve please be a mentor for the next generation of designers. Don't forget, it's a game of skill and it's more fun to compete! Pinball is not a game against yourself in your game room, moving from level to level trying to get to the ultimum 'wizard' mode if you would ever be able to achieve this. It's a game to compete, a game of skill, with your friends. Watch a tournament with a 'Dolly Parton" this could easy be a Elton John but with more fun!

#1497 12 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yes. I'm sure Stern is very worried. lol
Now getting back to reality, it would be cool to see what Keith Elwin could do for JJP. It's too bad these designers are locked into one single company. Steve Ritchie certainly has brought new life into JJP. I would love to see what other designers like Keith could do given the platform.
Never say, never.
If Steve can do, anyone can in time.

After making Jaws, Keith Elwin, has to wake up and reset him self. If Jaws is you best try to be innovative in Pinball, sorry, now seeing EJ maybe it will help but he is stuck in the Stern 'vision' of what is pinball all about

#1498 12 days ago

Steve Ritchie can design a good game still but it would be nice to see what others can do with the right platform. I am curious to see what JJP's newer game designer can do, I had heard his game is up next.

#1499 12 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Steve Ritchie can design a good game still but it is nice to see what others can do with the right platform. I am curious to see what JJP's newer game designer can do, I had heard his game is up next.

sure, but to design a possible HP after EJ will be difficult, HP is ideal to be a modes game, totally different from EJ. maybe JJP will come out with two styles of games, HP like GF and the Matrix like EJ? We will see. JJP is leading!

#1500 12 days ago
Quoted from Herbie21:

Don't forget, it's a game of skill and it's more fun to compete! Pinball is not a game against yourself in your game room, moving from level to level trying to get to the ultimum 'wizard' mode if you would ever be able to achieve this. It's a game to compete, a game of skill, with your friends.

This may be true for *you* (and plenty of others) but it is certainly not universal. For various reasons, I play 99% of my pinball by myself, in my own home, on my own pins. I don't play in a league or compete in tournaments; even if I was super motivated to do that, there aren't really any good pinball locations anywhere near me, anyway.

It's also an odd statement to make on a JJP owner's thread, as JJPs aren't nearly as commonly found on-location as, say, modern Sterns... and their market seems more aimed at private collectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Elton John PE Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

15,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-elton-john-official-owners-club/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.