BBU (resized).jpg
JJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
IMG_0711 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0702 (1).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0695 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.
#1051 32 days ago

Escalera saved my ass last week. Had a big mamma jamma guitar cabinet delivered that weighed about 350 pounds and was unwieldy as all hell. The forklift attachment was the only thing that allowed me to pick it up and roll it from the garage to the front door. Nothing else would have been able to do that. My wife complained about the price when I got it but agreed it paid for itself with just that one move. I'll be using it for Elton, too...

(See how I got back on topic?)

#1052 32 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Escalera saved my ass last week. Had a big mamma jamma guitar cabinet delivered that weighed about 350 pounds and was unwieldy as all hell. The forklift attachment was the only thing that allowed me to pick it up and roll it from the garage to the front door. Nothing else would have been able to do that. My wife complained about the price when I got it but agreed it paid for itself with just that one move. I'll be using it for Elton, too...

The pincrawler would navigate your sketchy basement steps better than that Escalera !

#1053 32 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes and your back will thank you too!

That's the other good thing about the Escalera, the many attachments. It's like the Swiss Army Knife of carts!

#1054 32 days ago

Elton has now turned into the motorized moving dolly competition. Can we all agree that it is a matter of preference? I much prefer the pincrawler rather than the Escalera. The Escalera definitely takes a bit more getting used to due to the balance issues and technique it uses. Much more so when going down the steps. Arguing which is better is moot, they both do a great job and it is a matter of preference and need.

#1055 32 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Elton has now turned into the motorized moving dolly competition. Can we all agree that it is a matter of preference? I much prefer the pincrawler rather than the Escalera. The Escalera definitely takes a bit more getting used to due to the balance issues and technique it uses. Much more so when going down the steps. Arguing which is better is moot, they both do a great job and it is a matter of preference and need.

Sure but you are wrong. lol

#1056 32 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

A very experienced pinball mover tried to move a GNR up this 18-step staircase with an Escalera and gave up. Not sure the pincrawler would do better...just important to note that JJP games are very heavy and for certain staircases, it's not a slam dunk with either device.

IMG_5899 (resized).jpegIMG_5899 (resized).jpeg
#1057 32 days ago
Quoted from freddy:

The pincrawler would navigate your sketchy basement steps better than that Escalera !

Basement steps are a straight shot, so not an issue.

#1058 32 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A very experienced pinball mover tried to move a GNR up this 18-step staircase with an Escalera and gave up. Not sure the pincrawler would do better...just important to note that JJP games are very heavy and for certain staircases, it's not a slam dunk with either device.
[quoted image]

I would have got it up there for ya.

It's actually easier with a Escalera to go up stairs than down IMO. I will say that with the Pincrawler that may not be the case.

ps. Nice House

#1059 32 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Basement steps are a straight shot, so not an issue.

Yeah. I have those stupid Bilco doors and the biggest obstacle is the step up/ step down as the entrance is not level with the ground. Pain in the ass!

#1060 32 days ago

Buying one of these this week. Life is short, let’s party.

#1061 32 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Sure but you are wrong. lol

That's what I love about you .... so open minded.

#1062 32 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

"Love" is a pretty strong word, I'm touched.

#1063 32 days ago

Ha same problem for me. Bilco doors with the step up and steep first step down. Always a pain.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah. I have those stupid Bilco doors and the biggest obstacle is the step up/ step down as the entrance is not level with the ground. Pain in the ass!

#1064 32 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I would have got it up there for ya.
It's actually easier with a Escalera to go up stairs than down IMO. I will say that with the Pincrawler that may not be the case.
ps. Nice House

Thx. Interesting. Yeah, I think the mover was worried about the Escalera damaging the fancy stair wood/stain (which doesn't have carpet to protect it). I ended up keeping it downstairs, which worked much better since it wasn't a keeper for me. All good.

#1065 32 days ago

I would forget putting any pinballs upstairs if I had that beautiful house. They have to come down someday.... If it was the only choice, I'd probably stick to lighter games that I could remove the head easily. Sorry for the off topic.

Quoted from snaroff:

#1066 32 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ha same problem for me. Bilco doors with the step up and steep first step down. Always a pain.

I guess it's a PA thing. Lot's of basements here in PA but yeah, I'm actually thinking about building a ramp or something to make things easier. It would be nice to have a platform that met that top step and then a ramp from there to the ground.

#1067 32 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thx. Interesting. Yeah, I think the mover was worried about the Escalera damaging the fancy stair wood/stain (which doesn't have carpet to protect it). I ended up keeping it downstairs, which worked much better since it wasn't a keeper for me. All good.

Yeah... Understandable. He was probably more worried about the damage he could cause, makes sense.

#1068 32 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I built a 2-piece platform so I just lift up on the platform, turn it 90 degrees, and start right down the stairs. Makes life much easier.

#1069 32 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I built a 2-piece platform so I just lift up on the platform, turn it 90 degrees, and start right down the stairs. Makes life much easier.

When you get time or if you have a picture, please post it.

Thanks

#1070 32 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I seen that sketchy set up! Now I can’t unsee it!

#1071 32 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would forget putting any pinballs upstairs if I had that beautiful house. They have to come down someday.... If it was the only choice, I'd probably stick to lighter games that I could remove the head easily. Sorry for the off topic.

Totally agree with you...currently only have 4 upstairs (Centaur, Paragon, WH20, LOTR). Actually bought another house in MD with a massive sound proof basement. My herd will be moving there over the next month. For me, basements are where pins belong...my wife is really cool about my games, but really sensitive to sound (so having them away from the main living area is a huge win, since I like to play them loud Home also has an elevator just in case the pins decide to invade the main house

IMG_2524 (resized).jpegIMG_2524 (resized).jpeg

#1072 32 days ago

Good move. Nice to be near family and have your pins in an area you can enjoy. Best of luck with the new house!

Quoted from snaroff:

Totally agree with you...currently only have 4 upstairs (Centaur, Paragon, WH20, LOTR). Actually bought another house closer to my kids in MD with a massive sound proof basement. My herd will be moving there over the next month. For me, basements are where pins belong...my wife is really cool about my games, but really sensitive to sound (so having them away from the main living area is a huge win, since I like to play them loud

#1073 32 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Totally agree with you...currently only have 4 upstairs (Centaur, Paragon, WH20, LOTR). Actually bought another house in MD with a massive sound proof basement. My herd will be moving there over the next month. For me, basements are where pins belong...my wife is really cool about my games, but really sensitive to sound (so having them away from the main living area is a huge win, since I like to play them loud Home also has an elevator just in case the pins decide to invade the main house
[quoted image]

Nice. Do it once, do it right! Kinda like buying a Escalera instead of a.... lol

#1074 32 days ago

GOT MY NOTIFICATION TODAY FROM JASON @ CLASSIC GAMEROOMS !!!! will be shipped out today... georgia to south carolina.. might have it tomorrow.. anyone have any issues so far to chat about ??? TIA, mark

#1075 32 days ago
Quoted from snowy926123:

GOT MY NOTIFICATION TODAY FROM JASON @ CLASSIC GAMEROOMS !!!! will be shipped out today... georgia to south carolina.. might have it tomorrow.. anyone have any issues so far to chat about ??? TIA, mark

Can you tell use about your stair climber please?

#1076 32 days ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Anyone else experiencing “Piano Malfunction “ after locking 3-balls in the Piano, the white little nipple that shoots out horizontally to control if the balls drop or not is not pulling back long enough time so the balls can drop, it ruins a great game, and yes iam getting a piano lock malfunction in the test report, game has done this since NIB a few weeks ago, I originally thought it was because i used old balls that were magnetized and sticking together.

heya. that stuff starts happening when your balls get magnitized. If you changed yours out thats likely the case.

#1077 32 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

we use raw horse/man power.. i have a raised beach house so no stairs.. if something needed to come upstairs we have an elevator..

#1078 32 days ago
Quoted from snowy926123:

we use raw horse/man power.. i have a raised beach house so no stairs.. if something needed to come upstairs we have an elevator..

When I was younger I lived in a Studio Apartment on the 3rd floor, me and a friend use to dead lift games up 3 flights of stairs into my apartment. IT SUCKED! There was 3 landings, we even had to take the door and the banister off. To this day, my hip still suffers from my carelessness but you know... Young and Dumb.

Thanks for your reply.

#1079 32 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Ok I will , it's The Pinski , My EJCE should be here in a Month

#1080 32 days ago

Man i spent a lot of time with my brother lugging pins up to the 2nd floor game room, switchback stairs. Then new purchases started going in the garage.

Then i sold that house and bought another one, all one-story, 5,200 sq ft. That didn't suffice. Garage started filling up.

Built an add-on casita, another 3,500 ft, with a huge game room. Now all is right with the pinball world. Highly recommend if you can.

All i had to do was get an escalera! See what this F ing hobby leads to.

Now I've got to get the perfect spot to display this gorgeous EJCE. Can't wait! At least it will be an easy setup.

#1081 32 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Damn Son! Check you out!

Slick

#1082 32 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Great mods Mageek! Check em out guys.

#1083 32 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Fantastic

#1084 32 days ago

well anyone have to do any tweeks to anything or overall all is well out of the box ????

#1085 32 days ago
Quoted from snowy926123:

well anyone have to do any tweeks to anything or overall all is well out of the box ????

No tweaking necessary.

A few setup items.
With the CE there is a polycarbonate piece of the topper that is shipped uninstalled. It is in a manila envelope and shipped on top of the glass and lockdown bar, if memory serves. I suggest installing it before raising the backbox. It is a simple install but easier when you're not on a ladder. Make sure to remove the steel topper brace as well. There are some foam inserts under the glass that need to come out and my game shipped with the cabinet art protectors installed, which I was very happy to see, but those need to be removed as well.

I backed down the solenoid on the kickback so it makes the croc lock shot frequently. I also backed down the slings a bit due to airballs but it didn't help. I think I need to try larger rubbers. Sometimes the ball ricochets between the slings until it is ejected into the outlane or ball launch.

Lastly my rocka-box lights started freezing. The game still played and scored as normal but the lights quit doing their thing. A power cycle cleared the issue but eventually it would return. A pinsider suggested reseating the USB cable to the pcb with the affected lights. This solved the problem. for me it was the USB plug in the hub that was loose, but I reseated both ends of the cable JIC.

#1086 32 days ago

Do JJP machines (Elton John specifically) need to have their trough-eject power lowered from factory settings like some modern pins from other manufacturers often do?

#1087 32 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Do JJP machines (Elton John specifically) need to have their trough-eject power lowered from factory settings like some modern pins from other manufacturers often do?

EJ feeds into a habit trail directly and with a metal side wall.. so no tough wood to get chewed up by the ball feed.

#1088 32 days ago

Picked up my CE last week. What a beauty. Saw some early posts about Elton’s head not operating properly (head locking in the up position (toward the back of the machine), Exorcist head backwards, etc. Mine is doing this too. The stepper test is acting a bit wonky too. Is it a code issue? Is it widespread?

Thanks.

#1089 32 days ago

This is how I moved EJ downstairs by myself without a dolly

Loaded up on pinskates and wheeled it into the lift in the garage and it goes straight to the basement.

#1090 31 days ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Ok I will , it's The Pinski

E666E982-6AD5-45C4-B6B6-38F32BFF68CC.gifE666E982-6AD5-45C4-B6B6-38F32BFF68CC.gif

#1091 31 days ago

So I did a thing this week… Steve was so cool in person. He signed everything.

IMG_0424 (resized).jpegIMG_0424 (resized).jpegIMG_0432 (resized).jpegIMG_0432 (resized).jpegIMG_0434 (resized).jpegIMG_0434 (resized).jpegIMG_0435 (resized).jpegIMG_0435 (resized).jpegIMG_0439 (resized).jpegIMG_0439 (resized).jpegIMG_0445 (resized).jpegIMG_0445 (resized).jpegIMG_0448 (resized).jpegIMG_0448 (resized).jpegIMG_0449 (resized).jpegIMG_0449 (resized).jpegIMG_0450 (resized).jpegIMG_0450 (resized).jpeg
#1092 31 days ago

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Steve seems very cool! Did you see any clues on what the next game is??

#1093 31 days ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Steve seems very cool! Did you see any clues on what the next game is??

Nope they had work stations under wraps. It was a great tour. Nice to spend one on one time with the King

#1094 31 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

This is how I moved EJ downstairs by myself without a dolly
Loaded up on pinskates and wheeled it into the lift in the garage and it goes straight to the basement.

Damn... Remote control and all! Some of you guys aren't messing around a bit!

#1095 31 days ago
Quoted from Kanthony:

So I did a thing this week… Steve was so cool in person. He signed everything.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I enjoyed the JJP tour years ago. I liked the Tool balance retracter dodad. I found them on amazon and ordered a few. Works great for quick playfield swaps. https://www.amazon.com/SA-2203-Spring-Balancer-1-3-3-3lb/dp/B000I5NNGA/ref=pd_ci_mcx_mh_mcx_views_0

IMG_9364 (resized).jpegIMG_9364 (resized).jpegIMG_9368 (resized).jpegIMG_9368 (resized).jpeg You would like this on your Mobile rotisserie @beelzeboob.

#1096 31 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

I enjoyed the JJP tour years ago. I liked the Tool balance retracter dodad. I found them on amazon and ordered a few. Works great for quick playfield swaps. https://www.amazon.com/SA-2203-Spring-Balancer-1-3-3-3lb/dp/B000I5NNGA/ref=pd_ci_mcx_mh_mcx_views_0
[quoted image][quoted image] You would like this on your Mobile rotisserie @beelzeboob.

I love how there's a sofa and a grand piano in their factory assembly line. Now that's classy.

#1097 31 days ago

anyone else have issues with ball jams in the left saucer/VUK?

It seems there is too much room between the dead pad to knock balls down in the saucer, and the saucer itself. Because it's possible for a ball to sit on top of the ball in the saucer... no biggie.. except because the ball gets behind the ball in the saucer, and since the hood is slanted forward.. it causes the VUK action to try to kick the ball directly into the dead pad/hood... which will never work when there is no play for the ball to move. It gets really jammed in there.. hard to even remove by hand.

I tried adjusting the height of the ball sitting in the saucer to basically reduce the opportunity for the ball to get behind it in that jammed position... but there is so little room for adjustment before the opto doesn't work. Plus, the adjustment is kinda sketch, because its just the set screw holding the plunger, there is no way to adjust the rest position of the plunger from the other end.

Any others experienced this yet? Seems like changing the design of the blue pad would be a solution.

stucky (resized).pngstucky (resized).png

#1098 31 days ago

Has anyone hooked up a subwoofer to their EJ or other JJP pin? Is there a jack or easy way to do so? Does it meaningfully enhance the experience? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#1099 30 days ago

well , mines up and running well .. very happy ..

#1100 30 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Has anyone hooked up a subwoofer to their EJ or other JJP pin? Is there a jack or easy way to do so? Does it meaningfully enhance the experience? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I usually just clip it the the lower cabinet speaker.I have all pins hooked to Polk 10” subs.GnR is a must have

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Elton John PE Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Danville, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-elton-john-official-owners-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.