IMG_8681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1398 (resized).jpeg
E71D6CAC-7CBC-4A2B-AFA9-11F04AF524F1 (resized).jpeg
d354ee01f6a8c82518ef72bfed9a1cab (resized).jpg
There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 74 days ago

Imagine how fast the Pro will be now? AIQ style long shot bypassing the whole upper playfield to feed the small right flipper, shooting through Jaws into the scoop and back to the right main flipper with no loss of speed.. Scars ramp straight back to the main left flipper, no drop targets. Pro is the way to go for flow & speed!

And besides, the alternative gives me a headache..

newton.gifnewton.gif
#302 74 days ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Imagine how fast the Pro will be now? AIQ style long shot bypassing the whole upper playfield to feed the small right flipper, shooting through Jaws into the scoop and back to the right main flipper with no loss of speed.. Scars ramp straight back to the main left flipper, no drop targets. Pro is the way to go for flow & speed!
And besides, the alternative gives me a headache..[quoted image]

I think modder is on the verge of creating a perpetual motion machine.

#303 74 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I think modder is on the verge of creating a perpetual motion machine.

For sure. Subway from the drain to the auto plunger and possible Nobel Prize in physics awarded to the modder.

#304 74 days ago

I miss that attract feature on Centaur that would just randomly launch balls into play to bounce around for fun. I’m sick of this actually playing pinball crap.

#305 74 days ago

Trent i dont know if it’s been asked, but why not use post rubber sleeves that are white, or if rings are needed why not use white

#306 74 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I miss that attract feature on Centaur that would just randomly launch balls into play to bounce around for fun. I’m sick of this actually playing pinball crap.

We seriously need more attract mode features added.. 'sequence feature'.. 'Bonus Feature'.. 'CHAMBER feature'.. that one's the best.

#307 74 days ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

Trent i dont know if it’s been asked, but why not use post rubber sleeves that are white, or if rings are needed why not use white

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like those were on the table before the mod in those exact locations. Still, white or grey would be nice.

#308 73 days ago

So is there a staged ball? Its impressively fast kicking back out. I wonder how it will handle multiple balls being shot into it during a mb?
Its not for me but I hope he makes a ton of dough.

#309 70 days ago

I respond to questions and comments here:

#310 70 days ago

Join me tomorrow for a live game stream of Jaws Pro with Jaws the Ball Eater Mod installed!

5pm PST February 19th

https://www.youtube.com/live/1JvUiUoRUMc?si=7ihQxO2FYyAu0Rln

#311 66 days ago

Kudos for the continued success with this and your other ramp mods.

What would it take to get you to make a ramp for Bond 60th (it literally has zero) that has the return route through the mouth of the iconic villain Jaws to ETB? Very glad to be a thought partner on this if you're interested!

#312 66 days ago

I wouldn't mind a Bond 60 ramp mod where when you shoot it, it just sends it to an outlane.

#313 65 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Again, this is all face-saving bullshit!
The fin mech could have been eliminated in favor of ETB mech.

I agree with this. This shot is just not satisfying. I don’t get the feeling I’m hitting anything but a generic drop target. They really needed to make it a larger fin shaped drop. Not some lame sticker of a fin on a small drop target. I loved all Elwin’s games up until the last two. Bond 60th just plain sucks and was a cash grab. So far jaws is easily Elwin’s least fun cornerstone.

#314 65 days ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I agree with this. This shot is just not satisfying. I don’t get the feeling I’m hitting anything but a generic drop target. They really needed to make it a larger fin shaped drop. Not some lame sticker of a fin on a small drop target. I loved all Elwin’s games up until the last two. Bond 60th just plain sucks and was a cash grab. So far jaws is easily Elwin’s least fun cornerstone.

...except I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. The game is actually more fun than I thought it would be from the videos, so I'm happy I got one.

#315 64 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...except I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. The game is actually more fun than I thought it would be from the videos, so I'm happy I got one.

Levi sarcastic? Naw.
Glad the game is more fun than you thought. For me it so far is less fun than I thought. Hopefully they can code that drop better. But as it stands, it’s a waste of valuable resources.
I’m not saying it’s a bad game, just not nearly as good as all his other games sans bond60.

#316 64 days ago

I’m with you there. Don’t love the two captive balls right next to each other up top.

It’s probably the least interesting Elwin layout so far…doesn’t mean it’s a bad game but the pop ain’t there right off the bat.

3 weeks later
#317 37 days ago

Jaws the Ball Eater for Premium/LE Version coming soon!

I’ll also give manufacturing and shipping updates for pro owners!

IMG_0708 (resized).jpegIMG_0708 (resized).jpeg
#318 37 days ago

That Pro mod looks really well done. Has there ever been a mod on a game that completely took out on the main mechs/toys and completely replaced with something else?

#319 37 days ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

[quoted image]

can't wait!!

#320 36 days ago

[quoted image]

My pants are tightening...

#321 36 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

My pants are tightening...

d354ee01f6a8c82518ef72bfed9a1cab (resized).jpgd354ee01f6a8c82518ef72bfed9a1cab (resized).jpg
#322 36 days ago

But the premium shark does eat the ball, alot, it's really annoying waiting for it to ball search. I'll be happy with a mod to make it stop!

#323 36 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

But the premium shark does eat the ball, alot, it's really annoying waiting for it to ball search. I'll be happy with a mod to make it stop!

New code addresses this, shark spits ball out almost instantly

#324 33 days ago

Check out the reveal video for Jaws the Ball Eater Premium/LE version!

#325 33 days ago
E71D6CAC-7CBC-4A2B-AFA9-11F04AF524F1 (resized).jpegE71D6CAC-7CBC-4A2B-AFA9-11F04AF524F1 (resized).jpeg
#326 33 days ago

That is impressive!

#328 33 days ago

This Shark head on the premium/LE looks bigger than the one from the pro. Are they the same size or is the sculpt for the pro bigger and different now, too? Nice work!

#329 32 days ago

Well done!

#331 32 days ago

I was a vocal critic of the pro mod, but credit where it's due, this one seems much better. Just due to the nature of the premium shark not being available all the time, it's less of a game-breaking change. Balls that don't go in still award a hit like normal. And most importantly, VUK kickout doesn't appear to trigger the right ramp make switch.

For those who are happy to pay five hundred bucks to watch a ball go in a hole, this looks like a good option.

#332 32 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

This Shark head on the premium/LE looks bigger than the one from the pro. Are they the same size or is the sculpt for the pro bigger and different now, too? Nice work!

The shark head, and the pro and premium/LE will be the same size

#335 32 days ago

Oh this thread is on the precipice of complete derailment.

#336 32 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

What do ya want, the ball falls into the half shark head now, all is right with the world. May as well close it!

#337 32 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do ya want, the ball falls into the half shark head now, all is right with the world. May as well close it!

I honestly was secretly hoping his description of the premium shark etb head leading to the ball going "somewhere" would result in the shark being turned into a gobble hole. I ain't satiated with this mod.

#338 32 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Just the way I like it. Chaos baby.

#340 32 days ago

Illegal bro

#342 31 days ago

Very imaginative. I’m in for a kit. Always reversible later.

#343 26 days ago

Wow, the Pre/Le version is really impressive. Well done.

#344 20 days ago

Please put me on a list if you have one for a premium one

2 weeks later
#345 4 days ago

Jaws the Ball Eater came in today. I wanted to give a review of the packaging, install, and game play. I ordered on April 6th was notified of my shipment on April 12th and received shipment on April 23rd. The package was packed well and nothing looked to be damaged in shipping and was protected well by packing material. You never know these days with any carrier service just how a package will arrive. I was taken back by the size of the pieces that make up this mod. A lot of time and engineering went into the research and production of it. There were nicely packaged screws and other parts needed for the install in two separate bags. Jaws himself was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap patiently awaiting his first meal. A large subway system with the “fast vuk” and another large tube system that routes the ball to the ramp. The last part in the box was the computer controller board.

The install video, which I had to contact Trent on where to find, was on the purchase page and very nicely done. Walking you through step by step of the entire process. The whole install video was a 39 min tutorial. Actual install for me took about an hour and a half. The hardest part of the install was installing the large “fast vuk” system, and routing the wires under it. One thing the video had in it was connecting the computer board to the 12v in the head of the machine. I had an issue because my board didn’t have the wire on it. I contacted Trent again and he informed me that I wasn’t missing the wire that he re-engineered the board so that you no longer had to connect the per to the head. A great improvement in my opinion. All in all the install was not complicated, and it truly is a system that will make no permanent changes to your game. If you decide to go back to original just reverse the video install.

As far as game play goes I found it extremely enjoyable. It made the pro version feel a lot more like the premium/LE as far as how the bounties are on the premium versus the pro. Bashing the shark makes gameplay fun on the premium and somewhat easier in my opinion than the captive ball does on the pro. The pro is more of a challenge with the captive ball taking a clean hit to register rather than just touching the shark with even a weak shot on the premium to register a hit. I will say that making Jaws eat the ball is not an easy task. You do collect shots as the ball passes over the optos just as the captive ball would, but to hit it in the mouth is more difficult that it seems. So getting an easy return to your right flipper as everyone was saying isn’t so easy. Hitting Jaws in the sides of the mouth where the rubbers are also creates some dangerous situations just as the captive ball does. So in that reguard I would say they are pretty equal.

I will conclude in saying that I am extremely happy with this mod. I can’t say enough about Trent’s customer service and helping me out in the two instances where I needed it. It is an extremely well made mod, easy to install, and a lot of fun to shoot. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to add some more enjoyment to their Jaws. I will post some pictures of the parts installed tomorrow evening as I was too excited to get it installed and play it when I finished.

IMG_1398 (resized).jpegIMG_1398 (resized).jpeg
#346 4 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Jaws the Ball Eater came in today. I wanted to give a review of the packaging, install, and game play. I ordered on April 6th was notified of my shipment on April 12th and received shipment on April 23rd. The package was packed well and nothing looked to be damaged in shipping and was protected well by packing material. You never know these days with any carrier service just how a package will arrive. I was taken back by the size of the pieces that make up this mod. A lot of time and engineering went into the research and production of it. There were nicely packaged screws and other parts needed for the install in two separate bags. Jaws himself was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap patiently awaiting his first meal. A large subway system with the “fast vuk” and another large tube system that routes the ball to the ramp. The last part in the box was the computer controller board.
The install video, which I had to contact Trent on where to find, was on the purchase page and very nicely done. Walking you through step by step of the entire process. The whole install video was a 39 min tutorial. Actual install for me took about an hour and a half. The hardest part of the install was installing the large “fast vuk” system, and routing the wires under it. One thing the video had in it was connecting the computer board to the 12v in the head of the machine. I had an issue because my board didn’t have the wire on it. I contacted Trent again and he informed me that I wasn’t missing the wire that he re-engineered the board so that you no longer had to connect the per to the head. A great improvement in my opinion. All in all the install was not complicated, and it truly is a system that will make no permanent changes to your game. If you decide to go back to original just reverse the video install.
As far as game play goes I found it extremely enjoyable. It made the pro version feel a lot more like the premium/LE as far as how the bounties are on the premium versus the pro. Bashing the shark makes gameplay fun on the premium and somewhat easier in my opinion than the captive ball does on the pro. The pro is more of a challenge with the captive ball taking a clean hit to register rather than just touching the shark with even a weak shot on the premium to register a hit. I will say that making Jaws eat the ball is not an easy task. You do collect shots as the ball passes over the optos just as the captive ball would, but to hit it in the mouth is more difficult that it seems. So getting an easy return to your right flipper as everyone was saying isn’t so easy. Hitting Jaws in the sides of the mouth where the rubbers are also creates some dangerous situations just as the captive ball does. So in that reguard I would say they are pretty equal.
I will conclude in saying that I am extremely happy with this mod. I can’t say enough about Trent’s customer service and helping me out in the two instances where I needed it. It is an extremely well made mod, easy to install, and a lot of fun to shoot. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to add some more enjoyment to their Jaws. I will post some pictures of the parts installed tomorrow evening as I was too excited to get it installed and play it when I finished.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Really happy to see install went well for you and that you’re enjoying it in your game Looking forward to seeing more photos!

#347 3 days ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

[quoted image]

Here are some pictures of the mod installed.

IMG_8677 (resized).jpegIMG_8677 (resized).jpegIMG_8678 (resized).jpegIMG_8678 (resized).jpegIMG_8679 (resized).jpegIMG_8679 (resized).jpegIMG_8680 (resized).jpegIMG_8680 (resized).jpegIMG_8681 (resized).jpegIMG_8681 (resized).jpegIMG_8682 (resized).jpegIMG_8682 (resized).jpegIMG_8683 (resized).jpegIMG_8683 (resized).jpegIMG_8684 (resized).jpegIMG_8684 (resized).jpegIMG_8685 (resized).jpegIMG_8685 (resized).jpegIMG_8686 (resized).jpegIMG_8686 (resized).jpegIMG_8687 (resized).jpegIMG_8687 (resized).jpegIMG_8688 (resized).jpegIMG_8688 (resized).jpeg
#348 3 days ago

This is how the game should have been manufactured by stern. Well done!

#349 33 hours ago

The final form of Jaws the Ball Eater Pro Version is shipping! We are excited to see these in your machines!

The perfect addition to your Jaws Pro, this mod replaces the existing captive ball in your Jaws Pro with a shark that can eat the ball! The existing 3 opto switches that were in the captive ball mech are now in front of the shark's face making for three shots total. The three arrows in front indicate whether you need to bash the shark in the face on the left or right, or in the center smashing the shark in the mount. When you hit a clean shot to the mouth, watch Jaws eat the ball while thrashing back and forth with the added benefit of the ball returning safely to your right flipper. But be careful, Jaws will hurl the ball back at you with unpredictable rebounds off bashing its face. The shark stops thrashing in any position and the mouth is narrow adding challenge to what seems like a repeatable shot. A successful shot does not trigger the right ramp.
The shark is hand-painted and the teeth have been thoroughly tested for durability. This mod uses only pre-existing screw holes on your playfield and is fully reversible if you choose to uninstall at any point.
https://www.interactivepinball.com/store/p/jaws-the-ball-eater-pro-version-currently-fulfilling-pre-orders

If you are on the Pro Version list and haven't heard from me please send me an email. I have received feedback that some people haven't received my email.
[email protected]

IMG_1640 (resized).JPGIMG_1640 (resized).JPG
#350 29 hours ago

I didn’t read everything thoroughly through, but is there an estimated time when the premium version will be available? Also, are you still taking orders for it?

There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-the-ball-eater/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.