IMG_8681 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8677 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1398 (resized).jpeg
E71D6CAC-7CBC-4A2B-AFA9-11F04AF524F1 (resized).jpeg
d354ee01f6a8c82518ef72bfed9a1cab (resized).jpg
There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 3 months ago

Get on the list here: https://www.interactivepinball.com/jaws-the-ball-eater-list
Check out my current mod selection at https://www.interactivepinball.com/

I know it's early and we haven't played the game yet but I will be making two versions of Jaws that will eat the ball! I am the creator of the Jerry Ramp, Rush Ramp, LZ Hermit Ramp and the latest AIQ Teamup Ramp and I am confident that a ball-eating Jaws is possible.

The first version I design will be for Jaws Pro. This version will be a custom-designed shark ramp with multiple switches to replace the captive ball 3 target mech. It will integrate the lighting from the captive ball mech as well. The ball return path will be the right wireform to your lower right flipper.

The second version will be for the Premium/LE and will give the shark that comes up from under the boat the ability to swallow the ball. I am hoping to retain the bash feature so the shot will register when you don't hit the shark directly in the mouth. When a shot directly in the mouth is achieved, Jaws will swallow the ball and then the ball will appear somewhere else on the playfield.

This is a mock up so people can see roughly what it will look like. I also wanted to see if there is enough interest in this mod. The final product will look much better and the sharks position will look much more natural.

Pro ramp upgrade (resized).JPEGPro ramp upgrade (resized).JPEGzz (resized).jpgzz (resized).jpg

#2 3 months ago

Prepare for an over whelming response if you get this up and swallowing!

Update: Please put me on the premium list.

#3 3 months ago

I have no idea if I’ll need or want this but hell, put me down for a premium ball eater

#4 3 months ago

You sir, are going to be a rich man. Can I be your friend?

#5 3 months ago

Just emailed you for a quantity of 2 for the LE version

#6 3 months ago

If you can make this happen then 50% of the Jaws threads will stop complaining about a the shark not eating the ball.

#7 3 months ago

I don't know how you'll get this to work on the premium but after looking at your other mods, I'm confident I'll want whatever you come up with. Those ramps are sweet.

#8 3 months ago

Interested in the prwm/le version.

#9 3 months ago

Put me down for a premium!

#10 3 months ago

Dunno if it’s been said.
But on the pro- a mod to replace shark with one that moves left or right with switch hits and opens its mouth, will go along way..

#11 3 months ago

I’d be interested to see what you come up with for the pro

#12 3 months ago

#13 3 months ago

Very cool!! Love the innovation! BTW, what is the Rush Ramp?

#14 3 months ago

Interested in one for LE.

#15 3 months ago

Change your mod...change the game lol. Going to be more like the Jaws tunnel of love but hey if people dig it then more power to you.

#16 3 months ago

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your future oceanfront summer home in Malibu.

#17 3 months ago

RIP your inbox

#18 3 months ago

I’m interested for LE

#19 3 months ago

Keep the boat. Add a subway and upkicker down right.
Then, I'll buy a Jaws.

#20 3 months ago

Interested in the prwm/le version

#21 3 months ago

Don’t know how this will be possible on a premium/LE, but will not be cheap and a lot of modifications to get a way to get the ball back to the upper playfield. Glad you have the brains and equipment to do this. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

#22 3 months ago

Yes, your shark actually looks like Bruce!

#23 3 months ago

Brilliant..... crazy that you have to fix the game for them.
Shark eats people, but won't eat a ball....... Brody should have just thrown a bunch of balls into the bay to scare the shark away.

#24 3 months ago

I’m in. Always looking for upgrades/alternates/immersive features. Add me to the LE list please.

#25 3 months ago

Add me to the premium list please! Very curious to see how this turns out!! Thank you!!

#26 3 months ago

Next Christmas make sure to mail one to Team Elwin back at Stern.

#27 3 months ago

So, what if the game is coded to require you to shoot all the different switches inside the captive ball area? Wont this idea make it possible to light the shark mode in one shot regardless if the game is trying to ramp up the difficulty?

#28 3 months ago

Nice. Put me down for a premium eater.

#29 3 months ago

Email sent one for the premium. Thanks

#30 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Don’t know how this will be possible on a premium/LE, but will not be cheap and a lot of modifications to get a way to get the ball back to the upper playfield. Glad you have the brains and equipment to do this. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

maybe it'll come w/ a hole saw so you can drill thru the playfield for the kickout.

#31 3 months ago

A well known mod-maker told me that above $300, mod sales slow to a crawl.

Seems like this will cost much, much more?

Either way, this is the most exciting thing in pinball history. I seriously cannot wait to see how this goes down!

#32 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure who you spoke with but Medisinyl has zero issues selling large batches of mods that cost well over $300, I am #431 in the Stranger Things mod set which is now $850 a pop.

#33 3 months ago

Put me on the premium list please

#34 3 months ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Not sure who you spoke with but Medisinyl has zero issues selling large batches of mods that cost well over $300, I am #431 in the Stranger Things mod set which is now $850 a pop.

I have no doubt if they pull this off without it being embarrassing they can charge whatever they want.

Nobody in history has wanted anything more than jaws buyers want to see a rubber shark eat a ball.

I’m skeptical they can pull it off. But eager to see a rubber shark eat a ball. I’m on board for this ride!!

#35 3 months ago

Premium please

#36 3 months ago

So not only will it eat balls it will shit balls?

#37 3 months ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

So not only will it eat balls it will shit balls?

Don’t you want it to be medically accurate?

#38 3 months ago

Not interested in Jaws.

Very interested in this mod!

#39 3 months ago

LE please!

I had this guys jerry ramp and it was awesome

#40 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Very cool!! Love the innovation! BTW, what is the Rush Ramp?

A ramp added to Rush Pro that follows the same vuk path thats in Rush Prem/LE.
https://www.interactivepinball.com/store/p/rush-ramp

#41 3 months ago

I’ll join the premium list just in case you pull this off!

#42 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Either way, this is the most exciting thing in pinball history. I seriously cannot wait to see how this goes down!

More exciting than the BKSOR magnasave button? Drill baby drill.

#43 3 months ago

Can you please also make the shark say "nom nom nom" when eating a ball? Thank you.

#44 3 months ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I am #431 in the Stranger Things mod set which is now $850 a pop.

I'm in the wrong line of work.

#45 3 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Keep the boat. Add a subway and upkicker down right.
Then, I'll buy a Jaws.

Quoted from Mutt:

maybe it'll come w/ a hole saw so you can drill thru the playfield for the kickout.

The boat will stay the same on the Prem/LE, I will integrate a VUC to bring the ball to another location on the playfield without the need to drill the playfield.

#46 3 months ago

Now is it gonna EAT the ball or just act like a tunnel?

Cause I think we need the jaws to move and chew the ball for this to really work?

Just having the ball enter the shark and roll somewhere doesn’t seem like it will scratch the itch? I’m a little
Worried because “swallow” implies there will be no active chewing.

#47 3 months ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

So, what if the game is coded to require you to shoot all the different switches inside the captive ball area? Wont this idea make it possible to light the shark mode in one shot regardless if the game is trying to ramp up the difficulty?

There will be three switches in the pro shark ramp that will mimic the three stand up targets. You will need to hit the ramp entrance in three different spots to progress in the game.

#48 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like this will cost much, much more?

I am aming to keep both versions under $300 anyways. We'll see how complex it gets.

#49 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cause I think we need the jaws to move and chew the ball for this to really work?
Just having the ball enter the shark and roll somewhere doesn’t seem like it will scratch the itch? I’m a little

Agree. Thankfully, I expect demand for this mod will support the contracting of an ichthyologist consultant to ensure pysiological accuracy.

#50 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Duunnn Dunnn

There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-the-ball-eater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.