• Latest reply 12 minutes ago by Doctor6
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How do I feel about this?”

• Jaws LE IS the single greatest machine in the history of pinball! 22 votes
    9%
  • Er... rankings should be based on weighted average across all versions. 23 votes
    10%
  • I'm unable to perceive sarcasm on the internet. 15 votes
    6%
  • Hardbody, bitches. 27 votes
    11%
  • Be better if Elton John ate the ball(s). 37 votes
    15%
  • No peace without a two-state solution. 9 votes
    4%
  • Disney is ruining Star Wars and Marvel. 36 votes
    15%
  • The voting is rigged. 70 votes
    29%

(Multiple choice - 239 votes by 192 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

176h0h (resized).jpg
bo-derek-2-1-2000-3033fd6db1694da2928947cf42d6ce01 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4627 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240409_162126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
LE ratings bs.gif
IMG_6168 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.09.22?AM (resized).png
d7cb8c73-0660-48ce-9eeb-7af7f525ecc0_800x600 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
2624e0b8a589522d9af523ae35879993aa9187f570c98dbc70d1884efab14c6b (resized).jpg
IMG_2043 (resized).png
There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 19 days ago

I'm sorta surprised we don't just eliminate the top 100.

I looked through the ratings and one guy gave it a 7.5 (a decent score), and 10 different people flagged him. People, what are we doing?
Screenshot_20240409_162126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240409_162126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

He even owns the game (this is the premium). This sent 10 people into a rage. Just get rid of this make believe nonsense already.

#552 19 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm sorta surprised we don't just eliminate the top 100.

No you're not

#553 19 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No you're not

What are you, an effing jedi?

#554 19 days ago

who cares about any of this
all pinball machines are rad

#555 19 days ago
Quoted from fuzz:

who cares about any of this
all pinball machines are rad

But some are more rad!

#556 19 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

But some are more rad!

IMG_4627 (resized).jpegIMG_4627 (resized).jpeg
#557 19 days ago

The Pro has 5 barrels on it now and dead in the water

LE/prem is fantastic!

#558 19 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What are you, an effing jedi?

Ha. You knowm its just there for traffic generation.
Now we both agree the flagging system is completely stupid & flawed. But it has been from the beginning and it ain't going anywhere it seems.

#559 19 days ago

I remember when cigarette ashtrays were bolted to the sides of machines and people stacked up their quarters on the playfield glass for their next turn.

I really don't understand this $2,500 topper stuff.

So ranking this is thread and changing the title of the thread every other day... I just don't get it. Attention drawing? Some bizarre cute fun?

#560 19 days ago

About to go play Jaws.

Send beer money via PayPal…..

IMG_2668 (resized).jpegIMG_2668 (resized).jpeg
#561 19 days ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I remember when cigarette ashtrays were bolted to the sides of machines and people stacked up their quarters on the playfield glass for their next turn.

Arcade games, too! There was one bolted to the front of the Spy Hunter that I bought a few years back (the arcade machine, not the awful pinball machine of the same name). I need to figure out a way to attach it to the front of one of my 80’s-era pins. It’s one of the heavier ones though…not sure I could attach with command strips. And I certainly don’t want to drill through the cabinet just to attach a novelty decoration. I remember as a kid, watching people take a drag in between turns or when there was a break in the action. Every time I lift the playfield on Amazing Spider-Man, I can still smell a hint of beer and cigarettes.

#562 19 days ago

They had quite the line up and unfortunately not enough time to play them all.

I started in the hobby over a decade ago and only had EM's. Recently picked up a couple of DE (JP and R&B) pins for my firts foray into the newer era. So let the down votes fly.

The top 100 list, as previously stated, is quite subjective to personal preference.

All of them were fun to play. Some drew me in more than others.

Jaws was ok. Do I want one? Nope, quite a few others really drew me in.

Place serves beer and booze so after a few it’s axe time!

IMG_2670 (resized).jpegIMG_2670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2669 (resized).jpegIMG_2669 (resized).jpeg

#563 18 days ago

Beer, booze and throwing axes. What could go wrong?

Actually, yeah, sounds like a great time. I've never thrown an axe (at a target anyway) but loved darts in 5 B.C. (before children). Enjoy! I'm a little jealous.

#564 18 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Beer, booze and throwing axes. What could go wrong?
Actually, yeah, sounds like a great time. I've never thrown an axe (at a target anyway) but loved darts in 5 B.C. (before children). Enjoy! I'm a little jealous.

But when you’ve had way too much to drink just walk down to the shooting range.

Cool spot just outside Dayton, OzH.

IMG_2667 (resized).jpegIMG_2667 (resized).jpeg
#565 18 days ago

I set up my Jaws LE a few days ago. It gets high points because it is so utterly unique. It gets high points because it has some satisfying shots, including the upper playfield which is essentially a pre determined combo shot and the 2 ramp shots. It gets high points because it looks great in person. It gets high points because it is a very well done theme. Skill shots are cool. At this point the code and media feels a bit chaotic, so I’m hoping it will be tidied up a bit. The drains from the fishing reel are annoying. I don’t love the right upper flipper, but it’s not bad either. Small flippers are so random. Somehow I love this machine though. I have most Elwin’s. For me it’s Godzilla, then Jaws, then Iron Maiden, then Jurrasic Park. I know everyone loves JP, but I’m just not good enough to get that far in it.

#566 18 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Cool spot just outside Dayton, OzH.[quoted image]

It is not often someone posts photos from home... that isn't your photos...

This is my hometown, my old stomping grounds, and the number of brain cells lost in that parking lot RIGHT THERE in your photo is staggering...

Welcome to Beavercreek, Ohio. Home of the Battlin' Beavers... yeah I hope that puts the same image in your head it does most people.

Fun story...

The Band Boosters were looking for ways to make some money using their new button making machine... so the parents sat around and brainstormed and someone said "Well, just what is scary about a Beaver?" And someone said "Beavers bite!" And they all went "Oh, yeah..." nod, nod, nod... and so they spent their budget on producing hundreds of orange and black buttons that said... you guessed it, "Beavers Bite!" and then sent them to school and TRIED to sell them to the students. We were appalled. Not just by the slang of the day that things that sucked also "Bit the big one" or for short "Bites!", but also the double entendre of the female anatomy, well, biting.

They sold more of those buttons to the opposing teams students who would buy them at the concession stands on the home side and wear them proudly in the stands of the visiting team. We had those orange buttons coming out our asses and ears for two more years before they finally ran out. Whenever we saw a student wearing one we would walk by and say "Don't they ever?"

#567 18 days ago

Garrett Very cool to see a mention of Dayton popping up on here! I'm the artist behind Jaws (and Rush) and Dayton is my hometown. Vandalia-Butler to be exact. Also funny to see Beavercreek getting some mention on here Bublehead !!!

Quoted from Garrett:

Cool spot just outside Dayton, OzH.[quoted image]

#568 18 days ago
Quoted from GoonieKid76:

Garrett Very cool to see a mention of Dayton popping up on here! I'm the artist behind Jaws (and Rush) and Dayton is my hometown. Vandalia-Butler to be exact. Also funny to see Beavercreek getting some mention on here Bublehead !!!

Nice work and congrats on Jaws! I may not be the biggest fan of the game here, but the artwork is certainly on point! ..well except the backglass seems to be missing a couple. lol.

#569 18 days ago

I liked the artwork on Jaws too. Honestly, all of them looked good.

#570 18 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

I liked the artwork on Jaws too. Honestly, all of them looked good.

If I were ranking Jaws now I would give the artwork the lowest score simply for not having Brody on it (I know, not Stern's fault, but still) and the translite on the premium. And by "lowest" I mean like a 9.0 with the callouts at a 9.2 due to some of Dreyfuss' horrible ones and the rest at 9.5 or above.

#571 18 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

If I were ranking Jaws now I would give the artwork the lowest score simply for not having Brody on it (I know, not Stern's fault, but still) and the translite on the premium. And by "lowest" I mean like a 9.0 with the callouts at a 9.2 due to some of Dreyfuss' horrible ones and the rest at 9.5 or above.

I love the translite on the premium, I did change mine to the pro, only because the image is so iconic . I will be making a lit display to proudly show off my premium translite to hang on the wall in my gameroom.

#572 17 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I love the translite on the premium, I did change mine to the pro, only because the image is so iconic . I will be making a lit display to proudly show off my premium translite to hang on the wall in my gameroom.

It would be better as side art. I like the side art on the premium, as it actually depicts Brody, but there's no need to have it on both sides. I also replaced my translite with the pro one. I may convert my original one to a display some day if I ever get a game room with more wall space. No, it's not for sale, since I always seem to get messages about it when I say I replaced it with the pro.

#573 17 days ago
Quoted from GoonieKid76:

Thanks for your great work!

#574 16 days ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The Elton John JJP boys got very upset that Jaws beat them to #1 and vote-nuked it. More "reviews" for EJ have appeared that are straight ChatGPT. At least other JJP's had modes, damn. I suppose they found a level of code they don't need to ever update. Dressing up Elton John while staring at a screensaver of Elton John while listening to an Elton John song. It's like the scene in a movie where they show the serial killer in his tiny apartment with his obssession, and he's slowly petting this doll's hair...[quoted image]

I just looked at all your game ratings...talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
And you're obsessed with EJ for some reason.

#575 16 days ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

The Elton John JJP boys got very upset that Jaws beat them to #1 and vote-nuked it. More "reviews" for EJ have appeared that are straight ChatGPT. At least other JJP's had modes, damn. I suppose they found a level of code they don't need to ever update. Dressing up Elton John while staring at a screensaver of Elton John while listening to an Elton John song. It's like the scene in a movie where they show the serial killer in his tiny apartment with his obssession, and he's slowly petting this doll's hair...[quoted image]

I have both. Jaws is great. EJ is an epic game with stuff that blows my mind when I'm playing it. Two completely different games, but I don't think there's any jealousy from the EJ crowd at all.

#576 14 days ago

JakeFAttie looks like you get a freebie this week.
Pro is at 112 or so, I didn't look that close.

[EDIT] WHAT? It's actually 22 so there is NO FREEBIE THIS WEEK.

#577 14 days ago

Moving on up to 22!

Does that mean the game is one better this week or that the ratings are one worse? Classic catch 22!

#578 14 days ago

Looks like avengers took the hit this week...

#579 14 days ago

I don't know why I thought it was still at 23. Oh well.

Hey JakeFAttie maybe just change the title to say "22 +/- 10%" and you'll be free for a bit.

#580 13 days ago

I think this is/will be a top 15 game, a couple of years down the line. Right now it certainly deserves a spot in the top 50 for sure. Too bad there’s not a way to weight the average based upon the age of the game. I suppose the number of ratings is somewhat related to the age of the game.

#581 13 days ago

topic header updated to reflect today's non-news.

probably bigger is Elton John falling 5 places out of the top ten to #15.

and AIQ fell four to #26, right behind STTNG.

Heist fell 7 places and Fathom fell 6.

ho-hum

#582 13 days ago

Shaq Attack fell from 282 to 284.

#583 13 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

topic header updated to reflect today's non-news.
probably bigger is Elton John falling 5 places out of the top ten to #15.
and AIQ fell four to #26, right behind STTNG.
Heist fell 7 places and Fathom fell 6.
ho-hum

Are you really going to do this forever?

Even the guy who gleefully reported on ghostbusters 2016 dwindling box office gave up after a few weeks.

#584 13 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Shaq Attack fell from 282 to 284.

If Barry O's BBQ debuted today, which would be impossible with it's 9 ratings, it would not affect Shaq Attaq's rating, as BBQ would debut 4 places below it, at 288.

#585 13 days ago

I sort of feel like this thread is bringing attention to the game negatively and making people give it bad ratings. I didn’t even want to comment on this but here we are. I would just let this go already.

#586 13 days ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I sort of feel like this thread is bringing attention to the game negatively and making people give it bad ratings. I didn’t even want to comment on this but here we are. I would just let this go already.

although it's been slowly rising, after the initial smackdown

#587 13 days ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

It's going up 1 spot a week, by labor day it will surely take It's rightful spot of the throne back.

#588 13 days ago

false and flagged good and bad reviews are for people that either just bought the game (high rating) to help inflate the resale price of the pin...the short, negative reviews are those same people that just sold the pin, lol. (not to mention company moles that slide in to knock the other company down). I think it's all pretty silly. I also think that new machines should be on a year probation before even going to the main Top 100..give all new machines a different Top 'whatever', then bring them into the main 100 spot after the year is up. Either way you slice it, this is still all very subjective (to a certain point).

#589 12 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

If Barry O's BBQ debuted today

I actually had fun with that game at Pintastic. Now Punny Factory .... that's a different story

#590 9 days ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I actually had fun with that game at Pintastic. Now Punny Factory .... that's a different story

Had some fun with the premium myself at Pinside. Not enough to want to own one, though. But the Pro is a boring, barren dog IMO.

#591 7 days ago

drum roll please...

#592 7 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

We get it. You don't like Jaws. EJ is fun, but not anything I'd own. If they wanted to do a pin about gay rockers they should make a Queen or Judas Priest. Then the music would be good at least.

There is a Queen pin - released last year bu Pinball Brothers. Great game!

#593 7 days ago

Jaws is fun

#594 7 days ago

Yup. Its just that there are 21 games that are more fun.

#595 7 days ago

How aboat it, Jaws is still No 22

#596 6 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Yup. Its just that there are 21 games that are more fun.

This joke gets funnier every time you say it. See you next week.

#597 6 days ago

The drift is real for sure and as others have pointed out the Pro feels like such a step behind from the premium/LE.

#598 6 days ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#599 6 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This joke gets funnier every time you say it. See you next week.

You can check out any time you like. But you can never leave.

#600 6 days ago

Great game. /thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 210.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
FlipMods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

There are 608 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-enters-the-top-100-at-77/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.