• Latest reply 6 days ago by TeamUp
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How do I feel about this?”

• Jaws LE IS the single greatest machine in the history of pinball! 22 votes
    9%
  • Er... rankings should be based on weighted average across all versions. 23 votes
    10%
  • I'm unable to perceive sarcasm on the internet. 15 votes
    6%
  • Hardbody, bitches. 27 votes
    11%
  • Be better if Elton John ate the ball(s). 37 votes
    16%
  • No peace without a two-state solution. 9 votes
    4%
  • Disney is ruining Star Wars and Marvel. 35 votes
    15%
  • The voting is rigged. 70 votes
    29%

(Multiple choice - 238 votes by 191 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2667 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4627 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240409_162126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
LE ratings bs.gif
IMG_6168 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 11.09.22?AM (resized).png
d7cb8c73-0660-48ce-9eeb-7af7f525ecc0_800x600 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
2624e0b8a589522d9af523ae35879993aa9187f570c98dbc70d1884efab14c6b (resized).jpg
IMG_2043 (resized).png
Tiny-Dancer (resized).jpg
Jaws (resized).PNG
There are 602 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 52 days ago

I know, I know, the top 100 doesn't mean anything.

But it is interesting to note that Jaws Pro has enough ratings now to enter the top 100 with an 8.04 rating, landing it at seventy-seventh place, just ahead of x-men. I believe that makes it the lowest rated Elwin design. Bond 60th is 8.08 at 67th.

I'm sure when the LE version has enough ratings it will shoot to first place, however, since we all know LE is all that matters in ratings.

Anyway, use this space to rag on or defend jaws, BUT SAY NOTHING ABOUT OUR RATINGS SYSTEM!

(that was the original post. since then the LE's and Prem's have been added and Jaws shot to #1 briefly, and currently, at the beginning of april, is circling at #24... wait, make that #23... #22!)

#2 52 days ago

Oh no, not again

#3 52 days ago

It's probably people still upset about the shark not eating the ball. The majority of people seem to like how it shoots and enjoy the code so far.

#4 52 days ago

Yes, ratings that center around the most expensive version is an odd way to do things, a version most won't ever play. Why isn't it an average of all versions?

You can always keep them as separate ratings but have the average be what default appears in the top 100.

#5 52 days ago

Once the swivel head on a giant hole mod starts getting installed, I expect this to shoot up the charts with a bullet (or harpoon).

#6 52 days ago

You can score trillions now too. Who cares.

BTW. Does the shark eat the ball.

I do think they missed the mark on that one. Which is funny but could have been a missed opportunity. Just for the sake of saying it alone.

#7 52 days ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

You can score trillions now too. Who cares.

Stern and the annoying old gatekeepers of pinball cared!

The new patch released today does away with this "sneaky foul" and sends Eric Stone to the penalty box!

#8 52 days ago

Sounds like a job for Stern to log in to their dormant Pinside accounts to boost the ratings on their newest release. Then the accounts go back into hibernation for another 6 months.

#9 52 days ago

Bunch of ratings from people that have never played it. Has to be. I do think the Pro sacrifices a lot without the upper playfield and physical shark out of the playfield. Both create drama and diversity of shots/flow. Having played both (and owning an LE), the Pro is a top 25 game today and the Premium / LE is a top 5 game today. Today. With 0.85 code. Don't believe me? Go play it yourself rather than giving weight to ratings of someone that watched two videos of gameplay before dropping their own opinion. Never touching the game themselves. I have both JP and Godzilla too. Those are certainly more mature and developed. But the assets, moments, shots and flow is next level in Jaws. As long as they stay as committed to code development and polish as those previous Elwin games, Jaws - especially the Premium / LE - will be a top 5 game for a very, very long time.

#10 52 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Anyway, use this space to rag on or defend jaws, BUT SAY NOTHING ABOUT OUR RATINGS SYSTEM!

OK - finally played the PRO and thought it was lame (but then again I think most PRO versions of games suck). Hoping the premium has more to offer.

#11 51 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I know, I know, the top 100 doesn't mean anything.
But it is interesting to note that Jaws Pro has enough ratings now to enter the top 100 with an 8.04 rating, landing it at seventy-seventh place, just ahead of x-men. I believe that makes it the lowest rated Elwin design. Bond 60th is 8.08 at 67th.
I'm sure when the LE version has enough ratings it will shoot to first place, however, since we all know LE is all that matters in ratings.

Just a heads up, Jaws Pro actually entered the Top 100 last week at #93 (7.955 rating). Moved up to #77 this week. I'm filled with mostly useless information these days so felt the need to share.

LE ratings trending VERY high. Premium somewhere between the Pro and LE....as would be expected.

I played both the Pro and Premium on 2 different trips - got a decent chunk of plays in on both. Unfortunately, it's not going to make it into my game room even though it was one of my most anticipated titles. That's OK though....glad to see other folks really enjoying it.

#12 51 days ago

I'm not even rating it until the code is more mature. I also really dislike that each version gets its own rating and think it should be an average of the 3.

#13 51 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

...Hoping the premium has more to offer.

Hmmm...I dont think so. Played the pro a bunch last night & played LE a bunch last week.

Anywhom, the premium has a shark rhst pops up which is better, but the upper PF I'm not sold on yet. We'll see as im heading to play Prem tonigjty.

#14 51 days ago
Quoted from twindad:

Bunch of ratings from people that have never played it. Has to be. I do think the Pro sacrifices a lot without the upper playfield and physical shark out of the playfield. Both create drama and diversity of shots/flow. Having played both (and owning an LE), the Pro is a top 25 game today and the Premium / LE is a top 5 game today. Today. With 0.85 code. Don't believe me? Go play it yourself

I know this will blow your mind, but people HAVE played it and some DON'T like it. I played the pro... it's fine. Not amazing not terrible.

#15 51 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...I dont think so. Played the pro a bunch last night & played LE a bunch last week.
Anywhom, the premium has a shark rhst pops up which is better, but the upper PF I'm not sold on yet. We'll see as im heading to play Prem tonigjty.

Agree 100%
Ramp to upper clunky if not a real clean shot.
Better not blink or miss the shot with upper flipper.
Yep, “play better”, give it time, etc. but first impression for me was - is this more fun?
Eh, maybe. Need more games on it.

#16 51 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree 100%
Even then better not blink or miss the shot with upper flipper.
Sure “play better”, more time, etc. but first impression was is this more fun?
Eh, maybe.

As reported before the LE we couldn't get the fuckign ball up there much. Pro had no problem making thst shot. Round #3 coming tonight!

#17 51 days ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Just a heads up, Jaws Pro actually entered the Top 100 last week at #93 (7.955 rating). Moved up to #77 this week. .

Thanks, I missed it!

For me jaws is some how missing that tricky to define "fun factor." It is an interesting playfield design, with plenty of flow, but I think both extra flippers are kind of wasted. Maybe I just love upper-orbits. I've only played the premium, which I rated pretty high, but I'm actually hoping the pro is more fun. It's a beautiful machine and great theme, but maybe Elwin got too caught up in the details and missed the big picture? I will always play it on location, but right now it's probably my least desired of the Elwin (having JP and previously GZ).

#18 51 days ago

Wasted flipper? Did you lock in a ball stall on it when the green light flashed on the action button? Pretty sweet.

#19 51 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wasted flipper? Did you lock in a ball stall on it when the green light flashed on the action button? Pretty sweet.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Maybe I missed something? I stopped and grabbed the ball with it a lot, but that not really challenging nor particularly fun. And then none of the shots off it are particularly satisfying either.

#20 51 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I'm not sure what you are saying. Maybe I missed something?

During MB you can lock it in to that flipper by hitting the green action button. Pretty cool trick.

#21 51 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

During MB you can lock it in to that flipper by hitting the green action button. Pretty cool trick.

ah cool, no I did not realize that. sounds fun!

#22 51 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I know this will blow your mind, but people HAVE played it and some DON'T like it. I played the pro... it's fine. Not amazing not terrible.

Agreed. I’ve played it a fair amount and I’m a solid “meh” on it. Both pro and premium.

#23 51 days ago

this, on the other hand, looks like it's got "The Fun Factor" in spades...
motorhead (resized).jpgmotorhead (resized).jpg

#24 51 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

ah cool, no I did not realize that. sounds fun!

Fattie go play more jaws!
Report back!

#25 51 days ago

Omg. wtf are we gonna do?

Shame on you Elwin. #77.

What the F were you thinking

#26 51 days ago

IMO, the Jaws fun factor is through the roof. (played the premium at Ayce Gogi) The only other new pin in the same league of fun was Labyrinth. I played EJ and even the pinball on the playfield seemed embarrassed. Why is the big monitor just a bunch of old screensaver Eltons leering at you? Compared with Jaws movie clips, it's like a homebrew...

#27 51 days ago

Jesus Fuckballz

#28 51 days ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Jesus Fuckballz

Put that in your rating review for Jaws

#29 51 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree 100%
Better not blink or miss the shot with upper flipper.
Yep, “play better”, give it time, etc. but first impression for me was - is this more fun?
Eh, maybe. Need more games on it.

I like a mini playfield where I can play around a bit even TSPP has more sustainable for ball time. But yeah with Jaws you are just connecting a larger combo it seems with one or two shots. But the upside is the upper playfield is easy to get to.

#30 51 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’ve played it a fair amount and I’m a solid “meh” on it

count me as another meh. played a few games on a Pro, then a few on an LE. i can't for the life of me get into any sort of enjoyable flow. i'm probably just playing it wrong, but i don't feel particularly inspired to try to figure it out when there are plenty of other pins on the floor i actually enjoy playing. plus since it's new, the price per play is set to 66% higher than the other pins at my location. not worth it.

#31 51 days ago

Sounds like a bunch of you need to learn the rules before you bash it. OP didn't even know about flip lock? Comon man!

I was "meh" too the first time I played it and considered canceling my order for a premium. Sure glad I didn't.

#32 51 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Sounds like a bunch of you need to learn the rules before you bash it. OP didn't even know about flip lock? Comon man!
I was "meh" too the first time I played it and considered canceling my order for a premium. Sure glad I didn't.

Holy Moly!
Just noticed that you're back. Weren't you off here for several years?

#33 51 days ago

I don’t rate easily, nor often.

Need some serious time with a pin first.

I just love pinball so damn much.

#34 51 days ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Holy Moly!
Just noticed that you're back. Weren't you off here for several years?

Yeah, like 10. Jaws is so good it brought me back.

#35 51 days ago

Can't believe some of the reviews. Are we playing the same game???? I have the premium and this game is insanely good. Shots everywhere and the video assets are awesome. The upper playfield is a big difference maker as well. This will keep moving up the list. Definite keeper for me as this game has the whole package for me.

#36 51 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As reported before the LE we couldn't get the fuckign ball up there much. Pro had no problem making thst shot. Round #3 coming tonight!

Shoots perfect on this on to upper

#37 51 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shoots perfect on this on to upper

Make your shots eh? Nice!

#38 51 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Make your shots eh? Nice!

This game is bad ass!

#39 51 days ago

Ah that new game rocket ship on the top 100. So whats is the next stern game?

#40 51 days ago

I’ve played about 40 games, and while I’m not a good pinball player I’d put it somewhere in the 50-60s.

It’s fun because it’s new not because it’s good.

#41 51 days ago

Love the code, not a fan of the layout. I own my favorite 4 pins and 3 are by this crew. I’m just a huge fan of bottom third’s and there’s not much there in Jaws. 35 games in on the pro. I like games steep and the 2 I have played were not. I’ll be playing a friends prem soon and shall see if that changes. Still no doubt a fun game with great atmosphere and rules.

#42 51 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

this, on the other hand, looks like it's got "The Fun Factor" in spades...
[quoted image]

Who made this? Would love to see that in action.

#43 51 days ago

I'm not sure ANY of the reviews are legit, as none of them mentioned that they couldn't resist the urge of tearing the glass off and shoving a ball in the shark's mouth. And maybe only the local operator stopped them.

#44 51 days ago

Who gives a flying you-know-what about where a brand new unfinished game is ranked in the pinside top 100??? C'mon why are you wasting your valuable time posting about this?

#45 51 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Who made this? Would love to see that in action.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-motorhead-pinball-

Man the bottom 3rd of Jaws is great.

#46 51 days ago

Thank you .Im only seeing some targets under the pop which would be the bottom third. I’m a huge fan of IMDN, GZ and JP for the risky fun down low. Revive is my favorite shot in pinball. We’ll see what happens.

#47 51 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thank you .Im only seeing some targets under the pop which would be the bottom third. I’m a huge fan of IMDN, GZ and JP for the risky fun down low. Revive is my favorite shot in pinball. We’ll see what happens.

Ahhh...shooting upwards I see what you're saying.
I like the activated left ball save and right outlane bump as awesome down low. I'd count the upper flipper as lower 3rd with its own rules but I get were you're cumming from.

#48 51 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh...shooting upwards I see what you're saying.
I like the activated left ball save and right outlane bump as awesome down low. I'd count the upper flipper as lower 3rd with its own rules but I get were you're cumming from.

Still, I am 100% happy with another fresh layout and applaud them for creativity. That’s all that matters is people are getting real options in pinball now.

#49 51 days ago

I'm seeing a few soon to be owners getting mad at people for not liking their new 9500 dollar purchase, and blaming random reasons why others are wrong and they are right.... about an opinion of all things.

#50 51 days ago

Got some plays on an LE yesterday.

Jaws is....weird.

But I like weird.

First impressions are that I definitely want to play it some more. So far me likey. RH mini-flipper feels a lot like my old Baywatch.

Later,
EV

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Cabinet Parts
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,699.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
13,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Hero, VT
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

There are 602 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-enters-the-top-100-at-77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.