• 3,843 posts
  • 439 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by emsrph
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 77.
#3751 15 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Started watching Ripley on Netflix, very good. It’s slow in the first two episodes, but picks up a lot in episode 3.

Just finished ripley last night, really well done. Great writing and acting.

#3752 15 days ago

Haha I just realized what your avatar picture is!!

#3753 14 days ago

I finally finished Mrs Davis on Peacock. I thought it was really enjoyable. Very wacky, kind of reminded me of a less violent and more optimistic version of Preacher. It had a similar sort of vibe.

#3754 14 days ago

Binge watched all eight episodes of Fallout over the weekend.

Fallout (resized).jpgFallout (resized).jpg

#3755 14 days ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

[quoted image]

Was just about to post about this. ABSOLUTELY nailed the tone of that game. Super enjoyable/weird/funny scifi show

#3756 14 days ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

[quoted image]

We are watching the last 2 episodes tonight as well

#3757 14 days ago

Would someone who has never played the game or know anything about the concept enjoy it?

#3758 14 days ago
Quoted from OzPaul:

[quoted image]

What an excellent series, I enjoyed it alot. Casting, film, writing, all great.

#3759 14 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

Would someone who has never played the game or know anything about the concept enjoy it?

I never played the game, no problem loving it.

#3760 14 days ago

Did not play the game either. Fully got the show, Loved it. Now perhaps a game.

#3761 14 days ago

There's a VR port of FO4 that was really lazy, but the modding community has improved significantly. If anyone is intrigued by the show and wants to give a game a try, PCVR would be a really fun way to do that if you have the capability.

#3762 13 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

I did. Give it a shot. I knew nothing about the game, had never even heard of it.

Cheers.

#3763 13 days ago

Fallout was pretty good I enjoyed it and never have played the game at all. The best part was that they released all of the episodes immediately as I am getting to the age where I have a short memory so appreciate the opportunity to blow through it all before I forget what happened in the previous episodes lol…

#3764 13 days ago

finished all 4 seasons of das boot....
season 1 was great
season 2 was good
season 3 was pretty boring for the first 6 episodes, ray stevensons(RIP) character was good
season 4 was mostly a mess.

now off to watch fallout and then the final season of star trek discovery

#3765 13 days ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

finished all 4 seasons of das boot....

I know Das Boot the 80s German submarine movie but didn’t know there was a show. Is it also German?

#3766 13 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I know Das Boot the 80s German submarine movie but didn’t know there was a show. Is it also German?

yes its in german with some english. so lots of subtitles. it came out in 2018 and ran 4 seasons. sky television with german tv. you can watch the first season on hulu. but 2-4 you will not be able to see easily. I read they were planing on do more seasons, but the studio pulled the plug. The 4th season is only 6 episodes and and it felt rushed. They also look like they tried to finish up are the story lines too.

I bought the 4 seasons of bluray off amazon uk. they were shipped from australia. they are region 2, so you will need a multi region player. or what I did, was hook my pc up to my tv and changed the pc's bluray to region 2.

the other option is to find a way to download it. I would say watch season 1 on hulu. if you enjoyed it, then watch season 2.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5830254/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3_tt_8_nm_0_q_das%2520boot

I have not watched the 1981 film in about 10 years. before that I saw it in the theater. I think the theatrical run may or may not not have been the directors cut. It was german with subtitles. you really want to watch the directors cut. I am pretty sure the directors cut has dubbed and subtitled version.

#3767 13 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Walton Goggins is in the Righteous Gemstones on Max. Not the greatest show I've seen, but it has a great cast and some funny moments. Goggins' character is my favorite.

One of my favorite shows. It is filmed here in the lowcountry too.

I finished the Fallout season and really liked it. I have never really played the games but the show was great.

#3768 13 days ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

yes its in german with some english. so lots of subtitles. it came out in 2018 and ran 4 seasons. sky television with german tv. you can watch the first season on hulu. but 2-4 you will not be able to see easily. I read they were planing on do more seasons, but the studio pulled the plug. The 4th season is only 6 episodes and and it felt rushed. They also look like they tried to finish up are the story lines too.
I bought the 4 seasons of bluray off amazon uk. they were shipped from australia. they are region 2, so you will need a multi region player. or what I did, was hook my pc up to my tv and changed the pc's bluray to region 2.
the other option is to find a way to download it. I would say watch season 1 on hulu. if you enjoyed it, then watch season 2.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5830254/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3_tt_8_nm_0_q_das%2520boot
I have not watched the 1981 film in about 10 years. before that I saw it in the theater. I think the theatrical run may or may not not have been the directors cut. It was german with subtitles. you really want to watch the directors cut. I am pretty sure the directors cut has dubbed and subtitled version.

Both versions are awesome. The 1981 film ALSO was released as a (much longer) tv miniseries, so make sure you are looking specifically for the 2018 version

#3769 12 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Both versions are awesome. The 1981 film ALSO was released as a (much longer) tv miniseries, so make sure you are looking specifically for the 2018 version

From what I read, the mini series does not add any action to the movie, just adds a bit of character development and adds a ton of time showing the boredom and confinement of the long missions.

I just watched a documentary they just did on das boot in 2023. it was on youtube and was interesting. Did not know german critics hated it as they felt it glorified the characters and came off as a pro war movie. even the author distanced himself from the theatrical run of the movie. but the world wide reviews were very positive especially in the uk and usa. They enjoyed it was anti war movie.

https://www.thepartysales.com/movie/u-96-the-true-story-of-das-boot/

I thought it was 1.5 hours. so maybe look around and see if this the full version.

also interesting was cast recounting how a persons from la rochelle wanted to beat them up while filming for making the film.

#3770 12 days ago

Just finished baby reindeer on netflix, true story, very good.

#3771 11 days ago

If you guys ever go to Chicago, be sure to go inside the captured U-boat.

None of the movies can come close to showing you how confined those things actually were.

download.jpegdownload.jpeg
#3772 11 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

None of the movies can come close to showing you how confined those things actually were.[quoted image]

Crap, I need to find that. Chicago here we come!

#3773 11 days ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

From what I read, the mini series does not add any action to the movie, just adds a bit of character development and adds a ton of time showing the boredom and confinement of the long missions.
I just watched a documentary they just did on das boot in 2023. it was on youtube and was interesting. Did not know german critics hated it as they felt it glorified the characters and came off as a pro war movie. even the author distanced himself from the theatrical run of the movie. but the world wide reviews were very positive especially in the uk and usa. They enjoyed it was anti war movie.
https://www.thepartysales.com/movie/u-96-the-true-story-of-das-boot/
I thought it was 1.5 hours. so maybe look around and see if this the full version.

also interesting was cast recounting how a persons from la rochelle wanted to beat them up while filming for making the film.

Thanks for that link, I will try to find it. I dont' really remember the differences between the 1981 film and miniseries version, but I do remember the miniseries being LONG, so it was probably more drama, less action, like you said. It's still worth checking out after the more recent one, IMO.

#3774 11 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

None of the movies can come close to showing you how confined those things actually were.[quoted image]

The museum that houses this is pretty spectacular in general. It is definitely worth the visit.

#3776 11 days ago

Which museum is that? Never heard about it.

#3777 11 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Which museum is that? Never heard about it.

Oh, man! Do you spend much time in Chicago? The Museum of Science and Industry is a must-visit, up there with the Field Museum.

#3778 11 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh, man! Do you spend much time in Chicago? The Museum of Science and Industry is a must-visit, up there with the Field Museum.

I feel like i went there once many years ago, but I don't remember a sub.

#3779 11 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel like i went there once many years ago, but I don't remember a sub.

It's a huge museum (big enough to lose a sub in), possible you just missed it!

#3780 11 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's a huge museum (big enough to lose a sub in), possible you just missed it!

looks like its in its own section and maybe below the musem floor. It looks like a cool piece of history. If I was ever to go to chicago, I would go check it out.

I was watching some video of a sunken uboat that was raised and being restored. It was amazing how much was crammed into a small space. Cant imagine how anyone could work on things in there.

#3781 11 days ago

Shogun is the new game of thrones.

#3782 11 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

You mean that in a good way? Or final season GOT?

#3783 10 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You mean that in a good way? Or final season GOT?

It’s really good - not as trashy as GoT could get, it’s more subtle but the machinations and manipulations are very similar. It just got kicked into high gear the last episode or two.

#3784 10 days ago

In the good way. Last three or four episodes were epic but that last one will probably win the Emmy's.

5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
#3785 10 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

It's better than GoT. It's more like what I wanted GoT to be.

#3786 10 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

not sure if Resident Alien has been mentioned in a while - this season is very good, I like the end where they break into "area 51" type base
(Peacock app)
[quoted image]

Hyterical and yes I would recommend !!

#3787 10 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

In the good way. Last three or four episodes were epic but that last one will probably win the Emmy's.
[quoted image]

I need to go back to it. I just watched the first half of the first episode and it looks really good. I'm burned out on reading sub-titles after Tokyo Vice though. Are all the episodes mostly in Japanese?

#3788 10 days ago

I just started Silo. It's ok so far.

#3789 10 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

I need to go back to it. I just watched the first half of the first episode and it looks really good. I'm burned out on reading sub-titles after Tokyo Vice though. Are all the episodes mostly in Japanese?

Yeah it's mostly japanese. an interesting companion piece to Tokyo Vice, both are insightful into Japanese culture at least.

#3790 10 days ago

Just started Evil - enjoyed the first 2 episodes and the premise of the show
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3791 10 days ago

Watching 2nd season of Twilight zone from 2020. LOVED the first season and sort of forgot about it because they gave 2nd season bad reviews. It's still really good and I'm bummed it got cancelled.

#3792 10 days ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just started Evil - enjoyed the first 2 episodes and the premise of the show
[quoted image]

Evil is a great show! It features some great acting, and some truly creepy stuff. The fourth and final season premieres Thursday, May 23.

#3793 10 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Started it after you posted this, I’m two EP’s in, LOVE IT

#3794 10 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Subtitles get easier the more you do it. Highly recommend you check that show out.

Also, my regular reminded to check out Giri/Haji on netflix. 100% review ratings, for some reason was buried over the last few years, but it is awesome.

#3795 10 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Watching 2nd season of Twilight zone from 2020. LOVED the first season and sort of forgot about it because they gave 2nd season bad reviews. It's still really good and I'm bummed it got cancelled.

2nd season was really good too. Most of the bad reviews were for stupid reasons. Those episodes were telling the EXACT same type of stories Rod wrote back in the 60s, it's just some of the reviewers were wearing white-colored glasses in remembering the old series

#3796 10 days ago

Just got around to Reacher,its good enough that I will keep watching.
The main female character keeps going in and out on her southern accent.
Alan Ritchson makes me want to hit the gym.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3797 9 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

While he may not be nearly as talented of an actor, Ritchson definitely embodies the character way better than Cruise. Anyone who has read the books knows that Reacher is an absolute beast! His size and strength are core attributes.

#3798 9 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just got around to Reacher,its good enough that I will keep watching.
The main female character keeps going in and out on her southern accent.
[quoted image]

If you really love the first season, just stop there and rewatch it if you need more.

#3799 9 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

While he may not be nearly as talented of an actor, Ritchson definitely embodies the character way better than Cruise. Anyone who has read the books knows that Reacher is an absolute beast! His size and strength are core attributes.

Psyched about that Inglorious Gentlemen movie or whatever it’s called. It seems to me like possibly a crazier and funnier Expendables

#3800 9 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you really love the first season, just stop there and rewatch it if you need more.

Are you saying its all the same rinse and repeat.

There are 3,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.