Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 239 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by tilted81
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4217 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4216 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4215 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4214 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4134 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2737 (resized).png
    IMG_0778 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0779 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1872 (resized).jpeg
    763468a7-252d-48ba-9a20-14629796200a_text (resized).png
    IMG_0209.gif
    IMG_1853.gif
    There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 46 days ago
    Quoted from splitcms:

Just installed this on my GNR and wow does it shoot so much better. Total game changer. A must buy if you own the game. Easy install. Now time to install it on wonka and pirates

Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm happy you've seen an improvement!

#202 46 days ago

When is your next run. I already have the IO board but was thinking of getting one to keep with my original board just in case

#203 46 days ago

Finally got around to installing on my Hobbit.
    Big improvement!
    Flippers have that extra snap and combined with the fans I get no noticeable drop in flipper performance even on long games.

#204 46 days ago

One DI owner interested when the next run is ready.

#205 45 days ago
    Quoted from dug:

Finally got around to installing on my Hobbit.
    Big improvement!
    Flippers have that extra snap and combined with the fans I get no noticeable drop in flipper performance even on long games.

Excellent!

#206 45 days ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

When is your next run. I already have the IO board but was thinking of getting one to keep with my original board just in case

Targeting next week.
    Could build the existing version but want to move forward.

#207 45 days ago
    Quoted from altan:

Targeting next week.
    Could build the existing version but want to move forward.

Do share!

#208 45 days ago

you mean ! new and improved already ! do tell . lol

#209 44 days ago

Looking forward to seeing what the new version is all about.

#210 42 days ago

following

#211 40 days ago

Hey Everyone!

I'm excited to share the new HerculEASE Hero Edition. In order to avoid duplicating information, please see the first post (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/herculease-jjp-flipper-power-consistency-kit#post-8012813) for details. I'm very happy with the enhancements.

(For existing owners, know that your OG HerculEASE offers exactly the same flipper experience as the new Hero edition).

The Hero Edition will be added shortly to the store, replacing the original HerculEASE. I'll add some inventory and expect to ship soon.

Instructions don't significantly change, but there will be an update for the Hero Edition.

-- Altan

Added 31 days ago:

(Note: there is a modest price increase for the Hero edition)

#212 40 days ago

Nice improvement Altan.

Any chance we can get the cap holder seperately if we bought the original kit?

I like the clean look.

#213 40 days ago

Just put in an order for the new version, excited to try it out on DI. Thanks

#214 40 days ago

what does the diode do on each capacitor ? it was not on the original , Mike

#215 40 days ago

also wondering about the diode. Is that something I should Ad to my original Herculease?

#216 40 days ago
    Quoted from luch:

what does the diode do on each capacitor ? it was not on the original , Mike

Quoted from foxtj24:

also wondering about the diode. Is that something I should Ad to my original Herculease?

I know it's hard to tell from the picture, but it's not a diode but rather a resistor. It serves as a capacitor discharge resistor (aka bleeding resistor). It is unnecessary if HerculEASE is used per instructions. However, if someone pulls the fuse out of the pin while it's powered on (yikes) or doesn't wait for the IO board LEDs to fully turn off, the capacitors may hold some charge. This resistor allows the capacitors to slowly discharge over 30 or 45 seconds.

This is one of the items I highlighted about the Hero Edition in the description.

#217 40 days ago
    Quoted from JohnDeere:

Just put in an order for the new version, excited to try it out on DI. Thanks

Thanks for the order!
    To me it makes a nice difference in DI.

#219 39 days ago

How about shipping overseas? It lists the price for it now but the pinside store will not let me complete the purchase.

#220 39 days ago

Never had a JJP before but had an opportunity to get one. Ordered HurculEASE but wanted to see the difference for myself so i played a couple games before install & a couple right after and you can definitely tell the difference. Paired with a set of precision bushings i was throwing darts at shots.

#221 39 days ago
    Quoted from kyinwa:

Never had a JJP before but had an opportunity to get one. Ordered HurculEASE but wanted to see the difference for myself so i played a couple games before install & a couple right after and you can definitely tell the difference. Paired with a set of precision bushings i was throwing darts at shots.

Nice! Enjoy GNR and ignore the haters
    Thank you.

#222 39 days ago
    Quoted from lemmings418:

Nice improvement Altan.
    Any chance we can get the cap holder seperately if we bought the original kit?
    I like the clean look.

It does look great! Yet although almost no one will see it, lol.
    Send me a DM and we'll work something out. If there's more interest, we can see about a more formal process.

#223 38 days ago
    Quoted from altan:

Nice! Enjoy GNR and ignore the haters
    Thank you.

We are loving it WAY more than anticipated. I had only ever play a JJP on location & the experience was not the best. Absolutely beautiful, packed machines but side by side with a modern stern it just felt weak & floaty.

Doing the upgrades in stages it was nice to see the progression from stock>hurculease>precision bushings. There is so much play in the factory plastic bushings it made for inconsistent shots & I have no idea how much power was being lost from the slop. I don't even have the aluminum flippers on, just the bushings with stock flippers. Was a tougher install than a stern due to the nuts on the backside of the flipper plate but well worth it plus it gave me a chance to get to know the underside of the playfield better.

Excellent work altan on an easy to install, well documented product and the continued iteration!

#224 38 days ago
    Quoted from kyinwa:

...Excellent work altan on an easy to install, well documented product and the continued iteration!

I am humbled. Thank you. Do keep in mind the core concept (that JJP changed the caps) was identified by a group of people over in the IO board thread.

#225 34 days ago

Shipped some this morning, down to (I think) 2 units...
    But have more parts coming!

Thanks everyone.

#227 29 days ago

Another happy customer. Could feel the difference in flipper power.

Thanks for offering this solution.

#228 29 days ago
    Quoted from MJW:

Another happy customer. Could feel the difference in flipper power.
    Thanks for offering this solution.

Thank you for your purchase! Enjoy.

#230 20 days ago

Played a few games of wonka and ya, those flippers are definitely snapier. I like that they stay snappy even when you have everything going included the magnets.

Thanks again, easy install and worth it for sure.

#231 20 days ago
    Quoted from Joker19:

Played a few games of wonka and ya, those flippers are definitely snapier. I like that they stay snappy even when you have everything going included the magnets.
    Thanks again, easy install and worth it for sure.

Fantastic and thanks.

#232 13 days ago

Hello - I bought 2 of these kits - one for GnR CE and the other for GnR SE.

The CE demonstrated a significant improvement, noticed immediately.
    However, for the SE, seems like no improvement at all. Any idea why the difference?
    I just saw mention of the "Precision bushings" ... maybe I should try these to help?

BTW - are there recommended Flipper Power SETTINGS we should use? What settings do you favor with this kit?

#233 13 days ago

Hey @wannapinball.
    I'll send you a DM regarding your SE and we can investigate. As for the flipper power settings, I've got mine at the default.

#234 13 days ago

So I recently installed on my wonka. I can certainly feel the improved strength however the snap and feel of the actually flipper itself seems relatively unchanged. For example, on elton, those flippers snap and audibly sound diff than wonka. Is the expectation that this or the IO board should produce that snappier feel as well or just a strong/more consistent rip of the ball b/c I can certainly feel and see the latter with this mod but that snap, not so much...

#235 12 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

So I recently installed on my wonka. I can certainly feel the improved strength however the snap and feel of the actually flipper itself seems relatively unchanged. For example, on elton, those flippers snap and audibly sound diff than wonka. Is the expectation that this or the IO board should produce that snappier feel as well or just a strong/more consistent rip of the ball b/c I can certainly feel and see the latter with this mod but that snap, not so much...

I think Elton has the upgraded board AND different coils, I wonder if we also need to upgrade the coils to get the full Elton glory on older machines.

#236 11 days ago

Quick Update...

1. Sold my remaining HerculEASE last night, heading to post office to ship it.
    2. I've got new parts arriving, hopefully Friday but...
    3. I'm going to be unable to ship or build anything most of next week, I'll mark the store as closed.

So -- if you were thinking about ordering and want your very own HerculEASE before the 29th-ish, drop me a note. I might be able to build a couple and get them out.

And thanks to all!

-- Altan

#237 8 days ago

Altan I love the Hercu's both are in and working fine. I was lucky enough to snag those odd ball between upgrades from you. It seems like you really enjoy making your product better and better. And from those perfect 3d stands you made you must love the 3d printing stuff.

Just a crazy idea for you at no cost of course ha ha. The hardest part of this mod is removing the fuse. Lets face it fuse removal has always sucked!!!! I converted some needle nose Pliers to remove fuses by making them have a curve in each tong to match a fuse. Maybe consider making a 3d printed fuse pulling hook. Just slide behind the fuse and lightly pull. Pinheads would be using that thing the rest of their lives!!! Thanking Hercu's!!!!

#238 7 days ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Altan I love the Hercu's both are in and working fine. I was lucky enough to snag those odd ball between upgrades from you. It seems like you really enjoy making your product better and better. And from those perfect 3d stands you made you must love the 3d printing stuff.
    Just a crazy idea for you at no cost of course ha ha. The hardest part of this mod is removing the fuse. Lets face it fuse removal has always sucked!!!! I converted some needle nose Pliers to remove fuses by making them have a curve in each tong to match a fuse. Maybe consider making a 3d printed fuse pulling hook. Just slide behind the fuse and lightly pull. Pinheads would be using that thing the rest of their lives!!! Thanking Hercu's!!!!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-FSPLR
    I don't think 3d printing would be strong enough!

1 week later
    #239 25 hours ago

Just added the premium kit to my gnr. Super clean and easy install, took me 10 mins. I can now backhand left ramp from left flipper - which is something I couldn’t really do before regularly. Pops seems snappier and more responsive. Upper right flipper has more power.. overall really happy with the kit.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/herculease-jjp-flipper-power-consistency-kit/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.