pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2207 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-17 212908 (resized).png
Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 340.
#16901 16 days ago

I added another signature to my backglass yesterday.

The man himself.

IMG_3592 (resized).jpegIMG_3592 (resized).jpeg

My buddy (and podcast cohost) and I also got a couple of photos with him, including one with Christine! The ‘58 Plymouth Fury is a combination of the best parts from three different cars from the film. Absolutely gorgeous!

I’m the goofball on the right.

IMG_3589 (resized).jpegIMG_3589 (resized).jpeg

IMG_3590 (resized).jpegIMG_3590 (resized).jpeg

#16903 16 days ago

Did you ask John if he finally updated to the latest code on Halloween?

#16904 16 days ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I originally planned on bringing him a thumb drive with the latest code, but I totally spaced it while packing.

I also had him sign a translite in case the TSA destroys my glass on the return flight. He laughed and said, “yeah, that’s probably a good idea!”

My flight home is in about 4 hours. The glass got here without incident, so hopefully my return flight goes smoothly. Wish me luck!

#16905 15 days ago

If anyone here is near the Chicago area looking for a Halloween I have my SE up for sale on marketplace. Still like the game but looking for something new. Tons of extras added and plays great! Interest seems low on this game which is sad!

#16906 15 days ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

If anyone here is near the Chicago area looking for a Halloween I have my SE up for sale on marketplace. Still like the game but looking for something new. Tons of extras added and plays great! Interest seems low on this game which is sad!

Very sad. Mine is bolted simply because im not gonna lose 50% on it.

#16907 15 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Very sad. Mine is bolted simply because im not gonna lose 50% on it.

True enough, but I still find this game esthetically a beautiful game: Artwork (cabinet & pf) and playfield lighting are simply magnificent to me! The game action plays so differently from any other game. Granted, I'm old school and don't really get into so much stacking and strategies as such. I see no reason to take a hair cut down to my shoulders besides. But that is besides the point - I want to keep this game because of what it is!

#16908 15 days ago

Great game! Theme alone is a keeper for me. I like that this shoots differently than most games and is perfect for a home environment with the lights off and volume up!

#16909 15 days ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

True enough, but I still find this game esthetically a beautiful game: Artwork (cabinet & pf) and playfield lighting are simply magnificent to me! The game action plays so differently from any other game. Granted, I'm old school and don't really get into so much stacking and strategies as such. I see no reason to take a hair cut down to my shoulders besides. But that is besides the point - I want to keep this game because of what it is!

Yea that didnt come out right. Love the pin, plays great, looks grear and solidly built. Very under rated for sure.

#16910 15 days ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

The man himself.
[quoted image]
My buddy (and podcast cohost) and I also got a couple of photos with him, including one with Christine! The ‘58 Plymouth Fury is a combination of the best parts from three different cars from the film. Absolutely gorgeous!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks awesome ! My buddy was going to the show so I asked him to take my knife. I didn't want to ask him to carry around the glass with all of his other stuff. Feels like I should put a sheet of mylar over it or something. Maybe?

PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpgPXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
#16911 15 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Looks awesome ! My buddy was going to the show so I asked him to take my knife. I didn't want to ask him to carry around the glass with all of his other stuff. Feels like I should put a sheet of mylar over it or something. Maybe?
[quoted image]

Looks great! Orange was a good choice!

#16912 15 days ago

The man himself.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome, I love it! And congrats on getting ‘the man,’ that ain’t easy.

#16913 15 days ago

m4tt I’m sure you guys are all over it, but there are still tons of bugs, mostly when stacking.

I was able to stack House and Sanitarium with a ball locked in Judith. Grabbed a multiball and when the ball entered the scoop, the flippers died during the multiball so I could select a mode.

Tons more stuff like that. I can send logs if needed, but I’d recommend refining how modes are stacked or eliminate stacking altogether before adding new content.

#16914 15 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

m4tt I’m sure you guys are all over it, but there are still tons of bugs, mostly when stacking.
I was able to stack House and Sanitarium with a ball locked in Judith. Grabbed a multiball and when the ball entered the scoop, the flippers died during the multiball so I could select a mode.
Tons more stuff like that. I can send logs if needed, but I’d recommend refining how modes are stacked or eliminate stacking altogether before adding new content.

Did something get released in the last 2 hours ?

#16915 15 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did something get released in the last 2 hours ?

No. Just chat about a beta code. I unplugged my Scooby Doo hopefully the new code for Halloween arrives soon.

No I did not blow 1K on the Topper everyone's been waiting for.

#16916 15 days ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

[quoted image]

Nice touch. I really like JC sig on the knife!

#16917 15 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I've never seen that kind of weird stacking error happen, this is something you can replicate?

#16918 15 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I've never seen that kind of weird stacking error happen, this is something you can replicate?

I don’t remember the exact chain of events, but I’m sure I could with the glass off. Try to stack House, Sanitarium and the Judith lock… then start a mode.

I’m not bagging on the game. I’m the original owner and it’s a keeper, but it’s been buggy since launch. The bugs seemed to be centered around stacking the different events.

#16919 15 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I don’t remember the exact chain of events, but I’m sure I could with the glass off. Try to stack House, Sanitarium and the Judith lock… then start a mode.
I’m not bagging on the game. I’m the original owner and it’s a keeper, but it’s been buggy since launch. The bugs seemed to be centered around stacking the different events.

Not sure how to test that as you can't stack hour and sanitarium. Each one disables the start state of the other. Judith Lock stacks with everything though, that's intentional.

#16920 15 days ago

I should have taken a video. Again, I don’t remember the specific chain of events, but flippers died during Judith multiball so I could select a mode. Sanitarium or House was also running at the same time.

#16921 15 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I should have taken a video. Again, I don’t remember the specific chain of events, but flippers died during Judith multiball so I could select a mode. Sanitarium or House was also running at the same time.

It kind of sounds like something I saw before where the game locked a ball in judith but believes it failed to do so. So when you drain it forgets or doesn't realize you had a ball locked and it ends the game. I had something similar once where the ball lock kicked in but it struggled cause the ball didn't register fully so the drop spazzed out but the ball still got locked. Then during play it acted like there wasn't a locked ball and game ends early.

#16922 14 days ago

My flight home is in about 4 hours. The glass got here without incident, so hopefully my return flight goes smoothly. Wish me luck!

I meant to post this last night, but... success! Hats off to Pelican. I transported this in one of their cases (the 1690), and it worked like a charm. That said, now that Carpenter's on the backglass, I have no intention of ever taking it on an airplane again... unless it's to get Jamie Lee Curtis on it.

Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpgCarpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg

#16923 14 days ago

Back in the club. I re bought my CE that I sold last year. Glad it came home.

#16924 13 days ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Back in the club. I re bought my CE that I sold last year. Glad it came home.

Welcome back, lot happened in the past year to the game too. Game almost there with just some code and scoring polish to hopefully be soon.

#16925 12 days ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Hey everyone, yeah it’s been a super-crazy last few weeks, was really great to meet so many of you at TPF, the positivity and support from everyone still blows my mind.
RE: dirty pool shot, I think that’s all cleared up now? Super lucrative if you can get a few of them in a row - my record is 5, when the vanity awards go in, that’ll be one for sure, can’t wait to see how many more you guys are gonna get. Even setting it up by just having the middle target down gets the adrenaline going. So yeah, go for it as many times as you can, if you get one of the side targets down, then next shot up the center will start and divert into House (we didn’t want to start it earlier or Laurie’s health would be running down while you were looping dirty pools).
We ran the latest beta code all show at TPF and it was great, we still want to test just a few more things that we added in recently to make sure it’s rock solid, then we’ll get this next version out to you all.
Thanks again!

Any news on when we will see the code update or is there still issues with the beta code?

#16926 11 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Any news on when we will see the code update or is there still issues with the beta code?

Screenshot 2024-04-17 212908 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-04-17 212908 (resized).png
#16927 9 days ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

John and I held out nearly 2 years. My Halloween arrived on June 13, 2022. Today I updated the latest code from 2023. Wow. What a difference. On my second game today I scored 55 million, almost double my previous best. I started 3 modes and reached Jack-o mb, and FINALLY heard Don’t Fear the Reaper! It was like Xmas (or Halloween) in April. So glad I didn’t sell this game! Now I have Halloween and Scooby together and I’m playing both more than any other pins. Well done, Spooky.

IMG_2207 (resized).jpegIMG_2207 (resized).jpegIMG_2208 (resized).jpegIMG_2208 (resized).jpeg
#16928 9 days ago

So vanity awards are on the list of things to add to the game apparently, so what awards would there be? Matt mentioned dirty pool shot, I imagine blood collecting would make a good one too. Mode scores obvious, hopefully after mode scoring is tweaked since right now they essentially just score the same thing always unless you have blood modifiers.

#16929 9 days ago

So vanity awards are on the list of things to add to the game apparently, so what awards would there be? Matt mentioned dirty pool shot, I imagine blood collecting would make a good one too. Mode scores obvious, hopefully after mode scoring is tweaked since right now they essentially just score the same thing always unless you have blood modifiers.

Would be pretty cool to track how many double super jackpots (house super with ball locked in sanitarium / sanitarium with ball locked in house, etc). Might be a little obscure, but that's one of my favorite things to do.

#16930 9 days ago

I meant to post this last night, but... success! Hats off to Pelican. I transported this in one of their cases (the 1690), and it worked like a charm. That said, now that Carpenter's on the backglass, I have no intention of ever taking it on an airplane again... unless it's to get Jamie Lee Curtis on it.
[quoted image]

Your signature collection is incredible. Well done. Can you tell me how to get a CE badge for the speaker panel like yours?

#16931 9 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Your signature collection is incredible. Well done. Can you tell me how to get a CE badge for the speaker panel like yours?

Thanks! My CE badge came with the game. You may want to reach out to Spooky if yours is missing. They can probably send you one.

#16932 9 days ago

Thanks! My CE badge came with the game. You may want to reach out to Spooky if yours is missing. They can probably send you one.

Thanks, I’ll check with the Spookees.

#16933 9 days ago

6 months to Halloween, should be an update by then

#16934 8 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

6 months to Halloween, should be an update by then

Bug did say he wants to do an update for each Halloween... I mean that would be rad if they slowly over the years kept adding to it in some form lol.

I do hope to hear more about 1.15 or if there is any upgrade to it, the best testing was going on for it back in Feb already, we are approaching May now. Did the code expand perhaps?

#16935 8 days ago

Bug did say he wants to do an update for each Halloween... I mean that would be rad if they slowly over the years kept adding to it in some form lol.
I do hope to hear more about 1.15 or if there is any upgrade to it, the best testing was going on for it back in Feb already, we are approaching May now. Did the code expand perhaps?

Well you know what happened with the 1.15 Beta should be an easy fix so guessing more is being added and more bugs are being squashed.

An update each Halloween would be very

Let’s just get it done, us Halloween/UltraMan OG’s deserve that.

#16936 8 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Well you know what happened with the 1.15 Beta should be an easy fix so guessing more is being added and more bugs are being squashed.

No shit! Bug your on top of this! Right……

#16937 8 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

It feels so close, just iron out the few remaining bugs, then update the game's scoring. Scoring is a big stick in the mud for me as I keep breaking it down the more I play and find it's so extremely static. I do hope that end of ball bonus elements are also looked into or modified to play more of a role in the game, as right now they are pretty meaningless with how low they score and no real complexity involved in those rules.

Completion of modes or locking out the pf mb modes by beating their supers could give bonuses to your end of ball bonuses, giving incentive to beating them, which is what a bunch of other games have done in the past, which creates a nice progression of scoring the further along you go, the more potential earnings. 4 digit end of ball bonus values kind of don't do anything right now.

#16938 8 days ago

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I’m getting the heavy breathing after Stalker mode is done. It continues throughout the ball until it drains. I’ve seen this a few times.

And the favorite guest game continues. I had a non-pinball person over who had never seen any of the games. He played a few and said Halloween was his favorite ‘without question.’ It’s a crowd pleaser for sure.

#16939 8 days ago

I've had stalker mode sound keep going after the mode ended several times. Also the lights from the mode don't go away

#16940 7 days ago

Does this game have any batteries that need to be changed? I never looked.

#16941 7 days ago
Quoted from Lpilot1:

Does this game have any batteries that need to be changed? I never looked.

Yes, the miniPC in the head takes this type of battery:

3V CR2032 CMOS Battery with Wire Leads and MOLEX Connector

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C58GLVF9/

I know Bug posted a video on how and when to change them but I cant find it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16942 7 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

[quoted image]

Don’t need 10 for $9 lol.

#16943 7 days ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

I mean, the Game worked well for over 600 Games since i got it NIB, so i asume, the connections are correctly on the board. Maybe a connection from the shaker got loose or whatever. so that hint of yours is appreciated. I´ll take a very close look, once i eventually recieved a replacement board.

Did you find the problem with the shaker on your pinball ? This is not the first time I've seen the board burnt
what's going on?

#16944 6 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

[quoted image]

Thanks, I was wondering if there were any batteries that needed to be changed annually. Thanks for this. I had no idea it had a battery like that.

#16945 6 days ago

Remember to make sure the game is ON when you change batteries or you will lose data!

#16946 6 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Remember to make sure the game is ON when you change batteries or you will lose data!

Luke, do you have a link somewhere to the video for changing the batteries on UM, HWN, SD, TCM, LT?

I saw it somewhere but can't find it now.

RussMyers

#16947 6 days ago

I have opened the mini pc’s a few times, bad enough on a bench doing that. I know you can plug power into it on a bench but wouldn't it be safer just putting a total reinstall onto a usb device and doing it that way or will it not boot from it if it loses data from the battery being removed?

I have done a total reinstall from the blue bios screen a few times with ease when it has randomly booted to that.

#16948 6 days ago

I've got the battery swap video for the UpBoard here! It is also officially on our Youtube channel now.

#16949 5 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Thanks! How often and will you get a warning to change this battery?

#16950 5 days ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

I've got the battery swap video for the UpBoard here! It is also officially on our Youtube channel now.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/339 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.