Screenshot 2024-04-17 212908 (resized).png
Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,970 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 340.
#16851 37 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

First, test all 3 Michael servos in Servo Test Mode.
If one is bad, I recommend just replacing all 3 at once, but up to you.
HWN/UM Servo Replacemet
Take the glass off and the balls out
Flip the playfield up and find the bundle of servo wires - cut the zip ties so they are free
Place the playfield back down, place a towel on the playfield
Take the hedges off, they go in a specific order
Detach the wireform and pull it out - take careful note of where the back ends go, that's crucial to getting it to fit back in at the end
Take the Michaels off
Flip the wireform over and clip all or most of the zip ties
Replace all 3 of the servos, one at a time
Zip tie the wires back together just like they were and flip the wireform back upright
Don't put the Michaels back on yet
Turn the game on, it will reset the 3 servos to the Hidden position
Go into servo test and test each servo so you know they are working
Leave them in Hidden position
Turn the game back off
Replace the Michaels (Note - you may have to use the small screws that come with the new servos for this, the old ones may not fit the new servos)
Replace the hedges
Feed the wires back down
And replace the wire form and bolt down
Flip the playfield back up and re-zip the wires neatly
Done
Get this 3-pack
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0874JS7BX/
RussM

Update: Hey, I managed to get the michael servo switched out, I however didnt do all 3 kinda wish I had, however they are all currently working. It is a slight pain, you have to remove the wire ramp and plastic from left side and across the middle the wires feed threw the left plastic piece, so they are actually on top of the playfield but under plastic, Im still newbie at attempting my own repairs but I got it done...

#16852 37 days ago

So if you hit the dirty pool it gives you 100% multiplier, but if you knock down a 2nd drop it should start house?

#16853 37 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So if you hit the dirty pool it gives you 100% multiplier, but if you knock down a 2nd drop it should start house?

Have to go back up middle ramp after dropping left or right target once dirty pool shot has been made. Makes no sense to me but . That’s what he said

#16854 37 days ago

So being, I’m a relatively new owner to this game

I’m hearing a lot of little Easter eggs, hidden in the code of gameplay and buying things with blood from a store, and these dirty pool trick shot sequences

I have found some basic rules set online

But is there more in-depth one that explains all of this, so I could enjoy the max of the playability

I still don’t understand why the knives on the left side of the field, handle changes, color or what that signifies

If it is in this thread, can someone tag me the link

Really enjoy this game. I have a newfound respect for spooky games as this is the first one I’ve ever seen in person and owned.

I look forward to meeting the spooky team, this spring at the Allentown Pinball show to express my gratitude for the creativity behind it

#16855 37 days ago

Hey everyone, yeah it’s been a super-crazy last few weeks, was really great to meet so many of you at TPF, the positivity and support from everyone still blows my mind.

RE: dirty pool shot, I think that’s all cleared up now? Super lucrative if you can get a few of them in a row - my record is 5, when the vanity awards go in, that’ll be one for sure, can’t wait to see how many more you guys are gonna get. Even setting it up by just having the middle target down gets the adrenaline going. So yeah, go for it as many times as you can, if you get one of the side targets down, then next shot up the center will start and divert into House (we didn’t want to start it earlier or Laurie’s health would be running down while you were looping dirty pools).

We ran the latest beta code all show at TPF and it was great, we still want to test just a few more things that we added in recently to make sure it’s rock solid, then we’ll get this next version out to you all.

Thanks again!

#16856 37 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

knives on the left side of the field, handle changes, color

You start Hedge Multiball by virtual locking a ball in each scoop, green means lock. If you hit the Tombstone target on the lower right it will light a couple of knife shots for you to collect for some good points. And then there’s “Drive The Evil Back” that pops up every now and then when you hit the pumpkin scoop - it starts a hurry up at the top Hedge scoop first, if you don’t get it, he gets closer next time, then closer again. He does steal some blood if you don’t get the hurryup, but the points if you let him get closer are totally worth it.

There’s a lot going on rules-wise these days, we’ll get the rules documented up along with points etc soon - just gotta get it into the schedule!

#16857 37 days ago

Those pumpkin mode points

Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png
#16858 36 days ago

Is the dying Monkey sound going away….Please…!

#16859 36 days ago

Those pumpkin mode points
[quoted image]

Couldn’t agree more!

#16860 36 days ago
Quoted from Requis:

Is the dying Monkey sound going away….Please…!

Makes monkey cry noises in response

#16861 36 days ago

I’m still dealing with multiple balls getting put into the shooter lane. All trough switches fire correctly, additionally I was able to trigger the trough jam sensor. Is there anything I missed?

When i was going to test the machine by playing a game, the coil towards the back left of the playfield started smoking! Is this a known issue? I hadn’t touched anything near that area.

IMG_6888 (resized).jpegIMG_6888 (resized).jpegIMG_6889 (resized).jpegIMG_6889 (resized).jpeg

#16862 35 days ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I’m still dealing with multiple balls getting put into the shooter lane. All trough switches fire correctly, additionally I was able to trigger the trough jam sensor. Is there anything I missed?
When i was going to test the machine by playing a game, the coil towards the back left of the playfield started smoking! Is this a known issue? I hadn’t touched anything near that area.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does this coil lock on as soon as you turn the game on?

If yes, then the drive transistor is probably shorted to ground.

Turn the game back off and de-solder the ground wire marked in green.

That will let you play but the coil will be nonfunctional; that's the coil that drops the magnet bridge, yes?

Call AJ at Spooky and they will have you test the drive transistor.

May have to send the Pinotaur board back to them for repair.

RussM

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#16863 34 days ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Hey everyone, yeah it’s been a super-crazy last few weeks, was really great to meet so many of you at TPF, the positivity and support from everyone still blows my mind.
RE: dirty pool shot, I think that’s all cleared up now? Super lucrative if you can get a few of them in a row - my record is 5, when the vanity awards go in, that’ll be one for sure, can’t wait to see how many more you guys are gonna get. Even setting it up by just having the middle target down gets the adrenaline going. So yeah, go for it as many times as you can, if you get one of the side targets down, then next shot up the center will start and divert into House (we didn’t want to start it earlier or Laurie’s health would be running down while you were looping dirty pools).
We ran the latest beta code all show at TPF and it was great, we still want to test just a few more things that we added in recently to make sure it’s rock solid, then we’ll get this next version out to you all.
Thanks again!

I wonder when we will see the new code? I always love to see what they are doing for us next!

#16864 34 days ago

Had a big session on this last night and I'm still in love with this game it really is something special - outside of a couple of bug fixes I think if the scoring is given a good overhaul (like in the last Scooby update), there's maybe one more quick pass at the sound mix (it's basically ok now but still a few things are too loud or quiet) and maybe just one or two more things added outside of all the the modes (I dunno just a quick hurry up and/or a frenzy mode maybe), I'd pretty much consider it as above and beyond what was promised, and well and truly complete.

If none of those happen, well, heck it's still an amazing machine. I've said it before, but really excellent work all around - as both a huge pinball and Halloween fan I consider this game a masterpiece, it's brilliant.

#16865 33 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I wonder when we will see the new code? I always love to see what they are doing for us next!

The code went from a C- in the beginning to an A- now. This next update might take it to an A. More animations would be nice.

#16866 33 days ago

Hey there, I played some Halloween. The first half of the video is in english.
The upper playfields during multiball are very challanging However I still don't like the nasty inlane feeds

#16867 33 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Had a big session on this last night and I'm still in love with this game it really is something special - outside of a couple of bug fixes I think if the scoring is given a good overhaul (like in the last Scooby update), there's maybe one more quick pass at the sound mix (it's basically ok now but still a few things are too loud or quiet) and maybe just one or two more things added outside of all the the modes (I dunno just a quick hurry up and/or a frenzy mode maybe), I'd pretty much consider it as above and beyond what was promised, and well and truly complete.
If none of those happen, well, heck it's still an amazing machine. I've said it before, but really excellent work all around - as both a huge pinball and Halloween fan I consider this game a masterpiece, it's brilliant.

Slasher frenzy would be awesome. Like something simple that triggers by hitting certain combo sequence and a specific shot. Thinking like Tales From the Crypt which has very simple frenzy scoring modes in it that trigger easy during regular play, doesn't take over the game either but a fun thing to trigger. It's a slasher game, a frenzy mode would be great. Slash frenzy! Think it would be fun addition to have trigger for a few seconds, play the pursuit music, slicing and stabbing sounds going off with each switch hit.

#16868 33 days ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The upper playfields during multiball are very challanging However I still don't like the nasty inlane feeds

Thank you for posting. Good gameplay explanation in English.

#16869 33 days ago
Quoted from jp1985:

I am also getting multiple pinballs in the shooter lane. I emailed AJ and this is his reply

“ IF you can watch the trough while you eject a ball in the coil test, that should give us a good idea as to what we may be encountering. As well double cehck that no light taps around the playfield cause them to register a switch as well. may even be an outlane switch getting triggered on you, unless you are never seeing the ball save animation? ”

I haven’t had a chance to test and look yet. As far as your coil something caused it to lock up. Need to see if the switches are touching y
That activates it. They may not be gapped enough or if there’s a microswitch that’s stuck closed.

#16870 33 days ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Amazing playing, make it look easy! Great vid.

Really shows the disparity in scoring, when your getting over 30+ mil on MB modes, but beating a hard mode like Let Me In gave you 2 mil only. The basic playfield MB score more than anything right now, even more than the Boogeyman wizard mode! The other day playing through 5 of the pumpkin modes I had counted less than 10 mil points earned. While one round of stalker mode gave me 34 mil, and and easy 25 mil from a house MB. Hedge and Judith combo blew up over 30 mil without even hitting the super.

#16871 31 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I am also getting multiple pinballs in the shooter lane. I emailed AJ and this is his reply
“ IF you can watch the trough while you eject a ball in the coil test, that should give us a good idea as to what we may be encountering. As well double cehck that no light taps around the playfield cause them to register a switch as well. may even be an outlane switch getting triggered on you, unless you are never seeing the ball save animation? ”
I haven’t had a chance to test and look yet. As far as your coil something caused it to lock up. Need to see if the switches are touching y
That activates it. They may not be gapped enough or if there’s a microswitch that’s stuck closed.

Also check one ball hasn’t become magnetised.

The new balls seem to get magnetised sooooo easily these days.

One bad ball will screw up the others rolling down the ball trough and then you’re screwed.

rd

#16872 31 days ago

Really shows the disparity in scoring, when your getting over 30+ mil on MB modes, but beating a hard mode like Let Me In gave you 2 mil only

I’m committing my spare time to help Matt with this over the next month or two. Just got to get back home to NZ and get some work done, then we can get into it.

Modes need to be worth doing … completed modes should bring good rewards!!

rd

#16873 31 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m committing my spare time to help Matt with this over the next month or two. Just got to get back home to NZ and get some work done, then we can get into it.
rd

Sounds rad, the game has little incidental scoring and is so focused on modes, but the score balance is all out of whack and the basic pumpkin modes really are not worth the time outside of beating two for an extra ball, after that it's basically MB focused. The modes are fun though, I should want to play them, and the harder the mode the more rewarding. I look forward to what you guys do

#16874 26 days ago

I don’t think I’ve seen a pic of this anywhere before, so while I was in Benton a few weeks ago, me and Spooky Tam desoldered a nano off a light board to see what the secret message looks like!

Here ya go!

IMG_3494 (resized).jpegIMG_3494 (resized).jpeg

#16875 25 days ago

If only I still had the game…

IMG_1506 (resized).jpegIMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
#16876 25 days ago

I like these. I have one of Freddy and Michael. Not sure where you would be able to fit them in the game but cool to display.

#16877 24 days ago

Great news!

Quoted from rotordave:

rd

#16878 24 days ago

Yea scoring updates would really bring the game together. The more I play it the more the scoring really stands out. I would love to want to do some other modes rather than just stick to a scoring formula.

That and bug polish would really finish up this game finally to me.

Though any ideas of new scoring features or gameplay are always welcome if there is any plans... please proceed

Wishlist of course is more callouts!

#16879 22 days ago

Unfortunately, yesterday, during a very good game, my board got up in smoke. Guess i have to get in touch with the customer support now as well...

20240405_232130 (resized).JPG20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
#16880 22 days ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

Unfortunately, yesterday, during a very good game, my board got up in smoke. Guess i have to get in touch with the customer support now as well...
[quoted image]

“Probably just a fuse!”

Boooom she’s gone alright!

Check for a dead short where that coil is. Something has detonated that mosfet!

rd

#16881 22 days ago

I think that’s the shaker motor if it’s sol 23, Spookys manual says knocker is sol 23 and shaker is sol 22 but it’s the other way around.
I also had another one go for the scoop, this one was found while testing on a bench. We then traced all the wiring and I checked with an ultraman owner and his shaker is sol 23 as well. Check the wiring, make sure wires are punched in the connectors all the way!

IMG_2793 (resized).jpegIMG_2793 (resized).jpegIMG_2800 (resized).jpegIMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
#16882 20 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I think that’s the shaker motor if it’s sol 23, Spookys manual says knocker is sol 23 and shaker is sol 22 but it’s the other way around.
I also had another one go for the scoop, this one was found while testing on a bench. We then traced all the wiring and I checked with an ultraman owner and his shaker is sol 23 as well. Check the wiring, make sure wires are punched in the connectors all the way!

Thanks man, That´ll help. I need a new Board though first but i´ll check the Shaker-Wiring.

#16883 20 days ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

Thanks man, That´ll help. I need a new Board though first but i´ll check the Shaker-Wiring.

Good luck, I’m putting the board and a new coil back in today. Been broke a month now so hope it goes well and can play again.

*Also* Make sure you check each connector when you take them out of the board to make sure they correspond, example - opto 3 goes into opto 3 because I had two connectors that were wrong. Opto 7 was in opto 5 and opto 5 was in opto 7, factory wired those opto’s wrong so switched them around on the board connectors!! Luckily I checked otherwise there would have been some weird shit going on.

#16884 20 days ago

I mean, the Game worked well for over 600 Games since i got it NIB, so i asume, the connections are correctly on the board. Maybe a connection from the shaker got loose or whatever. so that hint of yours is appreciated. I´ll take a very close look, once i eventually recieved a replacement board.

#16885 20 days ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

I mean, the Game worked well for over 600 Games since i got it NIB, so i asume, the connections are correctly on the board. Maybe a connection from the shaker got loose or whatever. so that hint of yours is appreciated. I´ll take a very close look, once i eventually recieved a replacement board.

Same with mine, had from new. Connections were not labelled correctly from the factory because someone put the opto’s in the wrong location and the quick fix was to just swop 2 connections on the board. My pumpkin scoop would not have detected a ball and triggered something else and somewhere else would have thought the ball had gone in the pumpkin scoop if I had not checked when taking them off the board.

#16886 17 days ago

Did anyone see the 1.15 test code that was on the show machines recently? Anything stand out? Know the beta files were just some bug fixes but wondering if anything new coming?

#16887 17 days ago

Did anyone see the 1.15 test code that was on the show machines recently? Anything stand out? Know the beta files were just some bug fixes but wondering if anything new coming?

What show machine? Waiting for an update. Scooby-Doo is sitting beside Halloween unplugged.

#16888 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

What show machine? Waiting for an update. Scooby-Doo is sitting beside Halloween unplugged.

At TPF they said they had test code running on the Halloween that was at the show. Imagine same machine was at the one they had at midwest recently also. 1.15 was in beta a while ago, so wondering if anything new has come from it since it never released.

#16889 17 days ago

At TPF they said they had test code running on the Halloween that was at the show. Imagine same machine was at the one they had at midwest recently also. 1.15 was in beta a while ago, so wondering if anything new has come from it since it never released.

Can we download 1.15?

#16890 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Can we download 1.15?

Its not released yet

#16891 17 days ago

They said it was coming soon so we will see.

#16892 17 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

They said it was coming soon so we will see.

Hold my beer while we wait please.

#16893 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Hold my beer while we wait please.

If your waiting, you may need that beer

#16894 17 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

If your waiting, you may need that beer

I'm broke from buying Scooby-Doo and Halloween plus my wife just had to have Funhouse Easter Weekend. Any chance you will buy me beer

#16895 17 days ago

I was there. I live in Frisco. I didn’t play Halloween though.

#16896 17 days ago

* Sad crying Laurie monkey noises *

#16897 17 days ago

They must have had problems with the new code.

#16898 16 days ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Yep.

#16899 16 days ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Oh oh

Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpgCbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
#16900 16 days ago

Oh oh
[quoted image]

Michael needs to help with the code update

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,970 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/338 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.