17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-23 105417 (resized).png
IMG_6565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9545 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9547 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 75.
#3651 49 days ago

Other - For Sale
“Price will go down every week this is not sold. I will take trades for???? This unit comes with the magic switcher and plays Golden Tee 2023/Silver Strike X/Power Putt. To switc...”
2024-03-11
Mequon, WI
4,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 38 days
Viewed: 225 times

If anyone knows someone looking. This was just traded back into me.

#3652 48 days ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:Other - For Sale

Golden Tee 2023/Silver Strike/Power Putt All In One

New ad!

“Price will go down every week this is not sold.
I will take trades for????

This unit comes with the magic switcher and plays Golden Tee 2023/Silver Strike X/Power Putt.

To switc...”

6 hours ago

Mequon, WI
(98 mi)

Lawnboy

5,000 (OBO)

If anyone knows someone looking. This was just traded back into me.

Good deal alert! I'd love one of these for the lake house in Antioch that I'm remodeling rn. Bad timing. Someone will get to enjoy this! GLWS!

#3653 48 days ago

This doesn't show mph. Is there a different screen?

17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg17102016295438984815142923105452 (resized).jpg
#3654 48 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

[quoted image]

As far as I'm aware, you only get that on-screen when you're playing.

#3655 48 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

[quoted image]

The numbers shown for max and current should be the MPH values.

#3656 48 days ago

2 questions:

(1) has anyone who has the pedestal version tried using a wireless hdmi transmitter and receiver instead of running the hdmi cable to the tv? Curious if it works well or if it has a lot of lag and hinders game play?

(2) i have seen some pedestals for sale that have a magic switcher so it can run GT, power putt and silver strike. is this sold as a kit / how hard of an upgrade is it and is the gameplay authentic on the games?

#3657 48 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

For a straight B-2 I think that's correct and should max at 142 mph. There's math involved for the curved shots to take the values from both optos and arrive at a mph which is why you can exceed 142 on those.

For testing the speed I'd just use mulligans on casual.

#3658 47 days ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

As far as I'm aware, you only get that on-screen when you're playing.

Quoted from Anony:

I don't know. LIke I said. I'm not the best player in the world, but I'm the best player I've ever met. I shoot 20-28 under every time. If I could get 144mph I'd shoot 2 or 3 shots better. So I don't think my technique is the reason I'm not hitting 144mph.

#3659 47 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I don't know. LIke I said. I'm not the best player in the world, but I'm the best player I've ever met. I shoot 20-28 under every time. If I could get 144mph I'd shoot 2 or 3 shots better. So I don't think my technique is the reason I'm not hitting 144mph.

This comes up on the Facebook groups pretty often. Most of the time it's the person's technique but I have seen a few times where it wasn't.

Occasionally it's the copper tape on the ball interfering with the rollers. I think you would hear a noise if that was the case but you should open your trackball and check that everything is seated OK and none of the bearings have any obvious issues and that the copper tape is not in the way.

The other thing I've seen suggested when this comes up is to move the power cord for the I/O board to the other power port on the PC. I've seen it fix this issue for someone who swore their technique was not the problem.

If you still can't get 144 and want to be 100% sure it's not you then I'd say find a commercial machine and go play a game there. Their ball would be more broken in than yours obviously but even on a fresh ball you should be able to get full speed.

#3660 47 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Hey guys need some help here. Recently picked up a powerputt in a showpiece cab and while the game is ok I think I want to convert it to a Golden tee because I like the gameplay better.
I found someone selling the guts from a golden tee live running 2012. It looks like I can use that hardware to update my powerputt to goldentee 2024.
What's a fair price for the hardware? I know I don't really need a second nighthawk but it's a package deal. Also, can I purchase and update from IT to move to 2021 or whatever the last version with the rivals mode was? I'm not really super concerned with online play. Does anyone have an idea of the upgrade cost to bring it to 2024 and online?
I appreciate the help.

Just to follow up on this - I spoke with IT and they informed me that the golden tee live and nighthawk system are end of life now and they will be shutting off support soon. It didn't sound like it'd be cost effective to try and update a 2012 to the 2024 version.

They also told me that they will be offering a kit soon to convert an existing GT Live showpiece cab to PGA. He didn't know what the price was going to be.

I ended up passing on the used kit and will be looking out for the release of the PGA kit.

#3661 47 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

Just to follow up on this - I spoke with IT and they informed me that the golden tee live and nighthawk system are end of life now and they will be shutting off support soon. It didn't sound like it'd be cost effective to try and update a 2012 to the 2024 version.
They also told me that they will be offering a kit soon to convert an existing GT Live showpiece cab to PGA. He didn't know what the price was going to be.
I ended up passing on the used kit and will be looking out for the release of the PGA kit.

If you received this information in an email, please post the text of the message here. Who was "he?"

The PGA Tour kit is for commercial machines only at this point, and it's $3000. Expect the Clubhouse Edition conversion kit (home edition) to cost similar money.

#3662 47 days ago

If you received this information in an email, please post the text of the message here. Who was "he?"
The PGA Tour kit is for commercial machines only at this point, and it's $3000. Expect the Clubhouse Edition conversion kit (home edition) to cost similar money.

I thought the kit was going to be $4k?

Also considering they backpedaled on the very firm "no PGA kits" language I can see them backpedaling on the no legacy support after 5 years things too. That would be a huge hit to their revenue and they're clearly hurting for money right now.

#3663 47 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

I thought the kit was going to be $4k?
Also considering they backpedaled on the very firm "no PGA kits" language I can see them backpedaling on the no legacy support after 5 years things too. That would be a huge hit to their revenue and they're clearly hurting for money right now.

Sorry, yes. $4K, not 3.

I'd still like to read exactly what information Deez received from IT.

#3664 47 days ago

It was via phone with commercial sales not via email.

This is for a commercial machine.

Are the kits available now? He was trying to sell me a new game or the arcade collection to convert my powerputt. He clearly said the pga kit isn't available yet.

#3665 47 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

It was via phone with commercial sales not via email.
This is for a commercial machine.

Okay that makes sense. I would expect them to let go of sales/support for Legacy for COMMERICAL, but I was under the assumption that Home Edition was going to be supported a bit longer.

#3666 47 days ago

Okay that makes sense. I would expect them to let go of sales/support for Legacy for COMMERICAL, but I was under the assumption that Home Edition was going to be supported a bit longer.

Ok sorry I should've clarified. This is a machine for a location.

#3667 47 days ago

They originally said legacy would be supported for 5 years and I believe 2025 was to be the last. I've seen talk on Facebook that they've extended support for legacy by one more year but I couldn't figure out if that was just speculation or an actual rumor that leaked out.

EDIT: Actually I decided to look it up because I wasn't sure if my memory was right and it's actually 2026 that's supposed to be the last year. Also I found a post a year old from Kevin Lindsay saying they don't know what they're going to do in 2026 so that leaves the door wide open.

#3668 47 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

They originally said legacy would be supported for 5 years and I believe 2025 was to be the last. I've seen talk on Facebook that they've extended support for legacy by one more year but I couldn't figure out if that was just speculation or an actual rumor that leaked out.
EDIT: Actually I decided to look it up because I wasn't sure if my memory was right and it's actually 2026 that's supposed to be the last year. Also I found a post a year old from Kevin Lindsay saying they don't know what they're going to do in 2026 so that leaves the door wide open.

I don't believe anything they say any more. Nothing.

#3669 47 days ago

I'm not sure which cord you are referring to. (To move)

Here are terrible pics of my board and computer.

20240312_194652 (resized).jpg20240312_194652 (resized).jpg20240312_194655 (resized).jpg20240312_194655 (resized).jpg
#3670 47 days ago

If it matters, if I spin my trackball forward with a bit of umph, it spins for 3-4 seconds.

#3671 47 days ago

Just buy the PGA Go for $3,300.

Sorry, yes. $4K, not 3.
I'd still like to read exactly what information Deez received from IT.

#3672 47 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just buy the PGA Go for $3,300.

I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a Go + aftermarket pedestal. It will cost me less than $4k and should be the exact same game, no? Same GPU, same hardware, same everything (minus the touch screen)?

#3673 47 days ago

Yes. Minus the never used touch screen you get everything.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a Go + aftermarket pedestal. It will cost me less than $4k and should be the exact same game, no? Same GPU, same hardware, same everything (minus the touch screen)?

#3674 47 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I'm not sure which cord you are referring to. (To move)
Here are terrible pics of my board and computer.
[quoted image][quoted image]

It should be the one on the left of the PC. Here is a pic of mine. What I'm suggesting is moving the 4 pin power cable to the other port. (the upper one in my pic, it might be the other one on yours)

PXL_20240313_163520628 (resized).jpgPXL_20240313_163520628 (resized).jpg
#3675 46 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

It should be the one on the left of the PC. Here is a pic of mine. What I'm suggesting is moving the 4 pin power cable to the other port. (the upper one in my pic, it might be the other one on yours)
[quoted image]

So the black/yellow/red wires move up a peg, or down a peg if mine is high already.

HEy concerning the PGA Go. I'm jumping into this conversation late. If I keep my stupid cab, and just buy the PGA GO, I can install it and be "PGA compatible"? Then sell my night hawk and CID to recoupe some of the funds?

Thanks , I appreciate the help.

#3676 46 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

So the black/yellow/red wires move up a peg, or down a peg if mine is high already.
HEy concerning the PGA Go. I'm jumping into this conversation late. If I keep my stupid cab, and just buy the PGA GO, I can install it and be "PGA compatible"? Then sell my night hawk and CID to recoupe some of the funds?
Thanks , I appreciate the help.

Yep, either up a slot or down a slot. It's a long shot but worth a try.

The PGA go is a good option. It has just about everything from the main game except the touch screen. Either that or the PGA kit makes sense in your situation.
The benefit of the kit is that you'll get the full sized control deck but it looks like it's going to be around $800 more than the GO which is a lot.

#3677 46 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Yep, either up a slot or down a slot. It's a long shot but worth a try.
The PGA go is a good option. It has just about everything from the main game except the touch screen. Either that or the PGA kit makes sense in your situation.
The benefit of the kit is that you'll get the full sized control deck but it looks like it's going to be around $800 more than the GO which is a lot.

I assumed I'd just transfer the "guts" of the GO into my cab. (is that what guys are doing?). Then sell the old kit to recoup a few bucks.

I will report back on the power connector change. I don't get it otherwise. I mean how many almost world class players can't get 120mph on the trackball?

#3678 46 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I assumed I'd just transfer the "guts" of the GO into my cab. (is that what guys are doing?). Then sell the old kit to recoup a few bucks.
I will report back on the power connector change. I don't get it otherwise. I mean how many almost world class players can't get 120mph on the trackball?

It's probably the bearings if you can't get over 120. If you take the trackball apart and give each bearing a good roll with your finger it should spin for a bit. If any of the 6 don't, especially the top 2 then you'll know. If you search for "bad trackball bearings" there's a lot of things you can try to break them in and get them to spin freely.

#3679 46 days ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

It's probably the bearings if you can't get over 120. If you take the trackball apart and give each bearing a good roll with your finger it should spin for a bit. If any of the 6 don't, especially the top 2 then you'll know. If you search for "bad trackball bearings" there's a lot of things you can try to break them in and get them to spin freely.

The ball rolls for 4 seconds if I push it. It's possible the bearings are bad I guess... something else is in that upper power port, possibly the marquee light

20240313_183211 (resized).jpg20240313_183211 (resized).jpg
#3680 46 days ago

The upper port has the power cord for your upper monitor, if installed. I'm guessing you don't have that any more.

#3681 46 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

The ball rolls for 4 seconds if I push it. It's possible the bearings are bad I guess... something else is in that upper power port, possibly the marquee light[quoted image]

Either trace that other wire and see if it's going somewhere or just try swapping the two. You could always unplug the top one and turn the machine on and see if anything isn't working That's a quick way to find out if it's connected to anything.

#3682 46 days ago
Quoted from Jcontro304:

2 questions:
(1) has anyone who has the pedestal version tried using a wireless hdmi transmitter and receiver instead of running the hdmi cable to the tv? Curious if it works well or if it has a lot of lag and hinders game play?
(2) i have seen some pedestals for sale that have a magic switcher so it can run GT, power putt and silver strike. is this sold as a kit / how hard of an upgrade is it and is the gameplay authentic on the games?

Did u ever get a response to these questions? I'm curious as well. I'm also wondering the quality of the after market pedestal.

#3683 45 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did u ever get a response to these questions? I'm curious as well. I'm also wondering the quality of the after market pedestal.

The magic switcher just switches between CIDs and hard drives so it would be authentic gameplay. I don't think he's talking about an aftermarket pedastal though. He's talking about guys who put the magic switcher in normal GT cabinets so you can play all three games. The marketplace ad at the top of this thread shows what it looks like inside. You can see the three CIDs above the I/O board and the HDDs all plug into that secondary board. It should be pretty simple so setup if you have all of the hardware.

I've also seen people install more than one nighthawk into the cabinet and use a switcher to change between video sources. That sounds way more expensive though.

#3684 45 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

The magic switcher just switches between CIDs and hard drives so it would be authentic gameplay. I don't think he's talking about an aftermarket pedastal though. He's talking about guys who put the magic switcher in normal GT cabinets so you can play all three games. The marketplace ad at the top of this thread shows what it looks like inside. You can see the three CIDs above the I/O board and the HDDs all plug into that secondary board. It should be pretty simple so setup if you have all of the hardware.
I've also seen people install more than one nighthawk into the cabinet and use a switcher to change between video sources. That sounds way more expensive though.

It's actually about the same amount of money to go the Magic Switcher or Perfect Solutions switcher route. With Magic Switcher, you need the source the CID and security chip and hard drive for each game you wish to play. AND you need to shut down between games for switching. You also need to be willing to do some soldering on your I/O board to maintain reliability, as the security chip breakout pcb doesn't fit all I/O boards and it needs to have a reliable connection which demands being soldered in.

For a Perfect Solutions switcher setup, you need to source a 2nd Nighthawk computer, I/O board, CID, security chip, and hard drive. Presumably you source an Arcade Collection drive and chip for use with the 2nd computer. Switching is done LIVE, without powering off.

Each method has its benefits and issues.

#3685 40 days ago

This is for sale locally for $3500 which is too much I believe but being new to these different models what do you folks think its worth?

Thanks
Larry

GT (resized).pngGT (resized).png
#3686 40 days ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

This is for sale locally for $3500 which is too much I believe but being new to these different models what do you folks think its worth?
Thanks
Larry
[quoted image]

I think older HE games are in the $2200-2500 range.

#3687 40 days ago

i just posted this one
its plays 23-24 home with arcade collection and the switcher kit
so it has 2 computers
its a fun cabinet i sold my customer new a few years ago
willing to take trades as well

Other - For Sale
“Golden tee 23-24 combo game with arcade collection silver strike bags and power putt Golden tee 23-24 with switcher kit and arcade collection. That includes silver strike Power pu...”
41 days ago
Spring Grove, IL

#3688 40 days ago
Quoted from flipnout1:

Thanks
Larry
[quoted image]

nicoga3000 is right. These sell for around $2000-$2500 depending on the particulars. $3500 is what they were going for 3 years ago when PGA first came out. If you have facebook you can check the golden tee machines open posting group to see similar ads.

3 weeks later
#3689 17 days ago

Looking for your input. I found a golden tee that someone put together. It looks like an older motherboard and hardware, but please share your thoughts.

It is one nighthawk that has GT 24, along with target toss, bowling and power putt. There is a switcher to choose the hard drive for the game you want to play. System has to be off, push the button for the game, then turn the unit on.

He wants $2,900 and will put the SSD and security chip of a 2019 GT. He will also give me the chip and SSD for the 2024 software. But I want Rivals so I chose the 2019 to be installed

What do you guys think? Is the hardware reliable or too old?

IMG_1880 (resized).pngIMG_1880 (resized).pngIMG_1893 (resized).jpegIMG_1893 (resized).jpeg

#3690 17 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Looking for your input. I found a golden tee that someone put together. It looks like an older motherboard and hardware, but please share your thoughts.
It is one nighthawk that has GT 24, along with target toss, bowling and power putt. There is a switcher to choose the hard drive for the game you want to play. System has to be off, push the button for the game, then turn the unit on.
He wants $2,900 and will put the SSD and security chip of a 2019 GT. He will also give me the chip and SSD for the 2024 software. But I want Rivals so I chose the 2019 to be installed

If it's capable of playing 2024 then I would say it's not too old. The only thing you get with better hardware is slightly smoother loading/transitions and there are some animations that are turned off if your CPU is too low (waggle before shooting, pretty pointless)

If you wanted you could get this machine and swap in a 1050 video card if you feel like it needs better hardware for whatever reason.

The good thing is these machines are just off the shelf PCs so it's really easy to swap components. I changed my motherboard and CPU like 5 times trying to find the best combo and it didn't make all that much of a difference. The only time it mattered was one motherboard I had would cause issues that would make the game take a long time to load. Once I got on a good motherboard I tried probably 5 different CPUs and the game ran pretty much identical.

#3691 17 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The DG41TY is the best motherboard you can run and still load the original version of Target Toss. The GeForce 9500 video card is also the newest card you can have in there and still be able to run Target Toss.

$2900 for that system is a good deal, even if it is a cut-down cabinet. I wouldn't let a system like that go for any less than $3500. Especially since it's coming with 2023-2024 chip and drive.

#3692 17 days ago

The DG41TY is the best motherboard you can run and still load the original version of Target Toss. The GeForce 9500 video card is also the newest card you can have in there and still be able to run Target Toss.
$2900 for that system is a good deal, even if it is a cut-down cabinet. I wouldn't let a system like that go for any less than $3500. Especially since it's coming with 2023-2024 chip and drive.

Shit I didn't know that Target Toss was limited by video card. Listen to this guy and disregard what I said about putting a 1050 in there!

#3693 17 days ago

Thanks for the responses guys. I feel like it’s a good deal. Probably gonna pull the trigger

#3694 14 days ago
Quoted from Anony:

Shit I didn't know that Target Toss was limited by video card. Listen to this guy and disregard what I said about putting a 1050 in there!

I did and switched in the 1050 cuz I wanted "the waggle" and 1080p. I'm not sure that was the right answer because I now want Target Toss

#3695 14 days ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I did and switched in the 1050 cuz I wanted "the waggle" and 1080p. I'm not sure that was the right answer because I now want Target Toss

I try to tell everyone this. You don't need 1080p or the waggle. But no one ever listens until it's too late.

Target Toss is my favorite of the group, even more so than GT.

#3696 13 days ago

Target Toss is my favorite of the group, even more so than GT.

Yes, for sure this is correct. Mistakes were made. Hopefully a less-pricey solution for Arcade Collection will come along at some point.

#3697 9 days ago

Target Toss is my favorite of the group, even more so than GT

I feel those games are more on the novelty side and they get stale quick. Power putt was fun for a bit-but now I am over it. I guess I am picky because the new PGA platform does not do it for me either. The way it plays and the look of the characters does not compare to my 2020 unit. I am really glad I did not upgrade and kept mine. They always say-if it ain't broke-don't fix it! I feel I would have regrets upgrading to PGA.

no-regrets-i (resized).jpgno-regrets-i (resized).jpg

#3698 7 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I feel those games are more on the novelty side and they get stale quick. Power putt was fun for a bit-but now I am over it. I guess I am picky because the new PGA platform does not do it for me either. The way it plays and the look of the characters does not compare to my 2020 unit. I am really glad I did not upgrade and kept mine. They always say-if it ain't broke-don't fix it! I feel I would have regrets upgrading to PGA.
[quoted image]

I'm a big fan of cricket, so the cricket game in Lawn Darts is a blast to play with friends. Easy game for beginners, yet fun for those with some skill. Perfect party game. Poker Darts is the same.

PGA Tour was absolutely a step backwards in terms of the spirit of Golden Tee. I fully support the hardware platform upgrades, but the software changes? They suck ass.

Nerfing Real Time Rivals was a BIG mistake. BIG.

#3699 6 days ago

I'm a big fan of cricket, so the cricket game in Lawn Darts is a blast to play with friends. Easy game for beginners, yet fun for those with some skill. Perfect party game. Poker Darts is the same.
PGA Tour was absolutely a step backwards in terms of the spirit of Golden Tee. I fully support the hardware platform upgrades, but the software changes? They suck ass.
Nerfing Real Time Rivals was a BIG mistake. BIG.

There is a guy on the Golden Tee discord who was pulling numbers for years and the game seemed to be in decline for the last 10 years or so but covid completely killed their numbers. I imagine the PGA deal was a last ditch effort and the other option was to simply abandon the game. I feel like they probably overestimated the value of the PGA brand to casuals and underestimated how much the established player base was going to dislike the changes.

The sad thing though is that they managed to get over that second hump after people warmed up to the new system. All of the hardcore, pro players jumped on board and acted as if the PGA upgrade was amazing but they squandered that good will with constant, nagging issues to the point that even Marc Muklewicz has given up on them. That guy spent hours promoting for them and helping them troubleshoot issues but they clearly don't have the manpower to do what is necessary to fix things like the broken putting system. How in the world are we back to getting rollovers?! They fixed that like 2 years ago and now it's back. Same with the turbo putt situation and the fact that some puts just can't be made.

#3700 3 days ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Is a PGA Go v2 + aftermarket pedestal worth the savings? Looking to jump back into the game.

In my opinion no. You risk a wobbly pedestal and you create more work for yourself, in the end to save a few hundred? If a few hundred makes or breaks the deal for you, wait till you have the money and then buy the complete unit.

There are 3,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-tee-club/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.