Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 225 posts
  • 148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Jerickso77
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (7).gif
    IMG_8112 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7398 (resized).jpeg
    There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 14 days ago

For me it's Dialed In. At times I enjoyed it but friends and family always seemed confused by it. "It's a game about a magical cell phone that you use to help stop disasters". Ummmm yeah. There was one mode in particular that would drop the ball from the theater magnet SDTM every single time regardless of tweaks.

Another is Ghostbusters. The cheap drains over the low side rails and large flipper gap finally got to me after nearly 5 years of ownership. It's one of my favorite themes but the design choices drove me nuts. Wife couldn't enjoy the game either due to how difficult it is.

#152 14 days ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Can you expand on what in particular you don’t like? I’m considering buying one of those so interested in hearing what you didn’t like in particular.

My opinion doesn't really matter everyone likes different stuff. My reasons.

LOTR felt kinda slow & didn't like the theme & my wife hated it.
    Simpsons (call outs drove me nuts) theme got old quick
    Mandalorian was fun for a bit but the shot layout wasn't there for me to keep coming back IMO it lacked flow.
    2011 Avengers great theme but the call outs & game play was meh it felt almost like a toy.

#153 14 days ago

Judge Dredd: Amazing theme! Great Dots! Great art!... Sometimes a game is much less than the sum of its parts. I picked one up in a trade having never played one and it just didn't plick. My STTNG is the same vintage and also a widebody yet plays 3x as fast as that one somehow.

Cosmic Cart Racing: Picked it up for my P3 when I had it as you could not play test these. The game is about 20% of the game the other P3 modules are. Imagine if you put all your budget into graphics and did nothing with the playfield/rules. Yes I know the other downloadable games for the modules make up for it but CCR is the worst P3 module (IMO).

Avengers: Temp traded for this one: It just lacks soul. I know there is alot to do, but it just doesn't feel exciting. The one redeeming quality is the hurry up timer for Hulk. Other than that, its a pretty box of lights for the super deep code obsessed tournament guy.

Independence Day: Super fun game for about 30 minutes. I picked one up last month because it was local and cheapish. Traded for a Black Knight and cash after a month because it has no staying power. Great layout, art, dots, smooth gameplay but almost no code. Seriously, there might be 30 minutes of fun in there and you can beat it every time lanes wide open.

Super Mario Brothers: Great theme, great art, great integration... how many times can you shoot the yoshi ramp? At least it was easy to move. This is one of those games that needs to be out on location as its great once or twice but at home... yeesh.

Now that I've crapped on your favorites.

For me the ones that lose are the ones I get into because of the theme that just turn out to be stinkers...

#154 13 days ago

Hurricane isn't too good.
    Neither is Gold Wings.

#155 13 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For me it's Dialed In. At times I enjoyed it but friends and family always seemed confused by it. "It's a game about a magical cell phone that you use to help stop disasters". Ummmm yeah. There was one mode in particular that would drop the ball from the theater magnet SDTM every single time regardless of tweaks.

You had your game set up wrong broseph. It is supposed to slurp it backwards like the shadow ball lock.

#156 13 days ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

You had your game set up wrong broseph. It is supposed to slurp it backwards like the shadow ball lock.

There's a mode that holds the ball there, EMP Strike, and then drops the ball. The lower under playfield magnets are supposed to move the ball around enough to prevent SDTM's but never did on my game. Other owners had the same issue.

#157 13 days ago

Wow, This topic really has taken off. Never realised so many people had these strong feelings about certain games. Well i guess it serves its purpose.

#158 13 days ago

Wheel of Fortune is fun and unique to shoot but the contestant call outs killed it for me and it was difficult to unload.

#159 13 days ago

JJP GnR - Initially I loved the music and light show when you started a song. There were some really cool features that I enjoyed as well. However after a month or so, playfield issues emerged, endless multiballs, terrible pointless modes just started to kill it all for me. JJP's attitude to customers over the playfield issues was the nail in the coffin for me. It was very difficult to sell and I took a big loss however was happy to see the end of it. That's the first and last JJP game for me.

#160 13 days ago

Glad Pinside is here to help guide buyers in the right direction

#161 13 days ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

It's almost always a bear to sell a game. The photographing, the drafting of an alluring ad, the posting of said ad to each of the right outlets, the polite fielding of the lowball offers, the negotiating, the transaction, the load out, etc., etc. It's exhausting. When it finally goes out the door and the money is in the bank, I'm oh-so glad it's gone.

This. By the time I'm done with all of the effort needed to sell and deliver a game (including the shipping prep), I'm pretty much glad to see it gone. No matter how much I may miss playing it later.

The biggest deterrent for me to buying a game, is that I'll need to sell it again someday. And yet ... my addiction prevails.

In the meantime, I've enjoyed playing all of my former games to one extent or another.

#162 13 days ago
    Quoted from altan:

Godzilla Pro. Just kept reminding me through callouts I should have gotten a Premium.

Many premium owners wish they got the pro saying the building loses its novelty quickly and just slows down the gameplay.

#163 13 days ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Many premium owners wish they got the pro saying the building loses its novelty quickly and just slows down the gameplay.

Not here, still get chills when Blue Oyster Cult kicks in and the building starts collapsing with the shaker going off.

#164 13 days ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Longest multiball intro ever. Usually gives me enough time to go grab another beer.
    I LOVE IT FOR SURE

#165 13 days ago

I’ve struck out. I went through my collection history and couldn’t choose one game i was glad i sold. Most i have sellers regret for. We all know not all games are equal. But i find there is always something about any game that gives it a certain charm.

That said i havent owned every game. There are games i really want but haven’t bought - usually because i find the current value is not there (game is worth more than i think the game warrants - i’m looking at you scared stiff!). BUT there are a bunch of games i simply have no interest in ever owning. i won’t give an example because it’ll be someone’s favorite lol. Maybe the next thread should be “games i have never owned and won’t, because i simply don’t want to”

#166 13 days ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Well here's one owner that doesn't. Also, the diverting feature on the Premium is clearly a superior design. This is one of the few games I wouldn't even bother playing the pro version of.

#167 13 days ago

Godzilla Premium or Batman 66…it’s a tie

#168 13 days ago
    Quoted from clearstar:

Godzilla Premium or Batman 66…it’s a tie

What in the actual hell. Your current collection has many games that are for far worse than those two by a large margin.

What ever in the world made you not only dislike them, but say your glad they're gone?

#169 13 days ago

TSPP. Great theme, cool playfield, cool cabinet, callouts are cool, game sucks to play.

#170 13 days ago

WOZ, what a clunker. Person I sold it to got rid of it faster than me!

#171 13 days ago

How come no one has mentioned this one yet…

Maverick! What a snoozefest. It takes ages for the ball to get back to the flippers when it gets in the boatwheel. A serious guess would be 15 seconds? It totally kills the flow

#172 13 days ago

Banzai Run

Upper playfield was annoying

#173 13 days ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I’ve struck out. I went through my collection history and couldn’t choose one game i was glad i sold. Most i have sellers regret for. We all know not all games are equal. But i find there is always something about any game that gives it a certain charm.
    That said i havent owned every game. There are games i really want but haven’t bought - usually because i find the current value is not there (game is worth more than i think the game warrants - i’m looking at you scared stiff!). BUT there are a bunch of games i simply have no interest in ever owning. i won’t give an example because it’ll be someone’s favorite lol. Maybe the next thread should be “games i have never owned and won’t, because i simply don’t want to”

It seems you don’t sell your Spooky games? Don’t want to have to add to the list?

But seriously, you do have a solid collection history. I’d have a hard time picking one out, too

#174 13 days ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Many as in like 1 or 2? Godzilla Premium is filled with so many extra features over the pro, the building is the big one but there's also the moving the bridge, the rotating ramp, and the magnet on mechagodzilla.

Pro games are great but at these insane price I don't think a couple ramps and orbits for $7k is a good thing. Pro's play faster because there's barely anything in them, that's not what I personally want out of a modern pin.

Bring on the toys and mechs!

#175 13 days ago

It’s hard to distinguish any of the newer sterns because they all have robust deep code,

But for the older stuff, I always look to what has or feels like it has unlimited bonus potential.
    A game like T2, caps your bonus rather low at 8x and 8.6 million or something,
    where as many system 3 Gottliebs have depth to their bonus, usually in more than one way too.
    For example, in Nightmare on elm street, it keeps track of how many souls you collected x 1 million a piece, pop bumper hits = bonus, and unused Krugerrands x 1 million a piece,
    That’s the kind of stuff that holds my attention and keeps me coming back for more because it’s fun to see how high you can get your bonus.

TAF and Wcs94’ are games where you can pound bonus to the moon too, but there’s a lot of wpc games with lame capped bonus.

#176 13 days ago

Although I didn’t quite dial in a few of these games, they just didn’t appeal to me. Galaxy I found to easy, pinbot I wanted to like, but meh. Jumping jack was a lil slow, and not what I was hoping w all the drop targets to shoot down. And Raven..well, it’s Raven..

#177 13 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Many as in like 1 or 2? Godzilla Premium is filled with so many extra features over the pro, the building is the big one but there's also the moving the bridge, the rotating ramp, and the magnet on mechagodzilla.
    Pro games are great but at these insane price I don't think a couple ramps and orbits for $7k is a good thing. Pro's play faster because there's barely anything in them, that's not what I personally want out of a modern pin.
    Bring on the toys and mechs!

The people I talk to and myself don't care for GZ Prem toys after owning it. The bridge is not interesting and the building is a phenomenal toy that changes ball paths but I never wanted to see or wait for it after the 10th time. I won't ever own a GZ again but I like the Pro more.

I have never understood pinsides obsession with gatekeeping what Pros are ok to own. Met Pro good, GZ Pro bad. People are allowed to have preferences.

#178 13 days ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

The people I talk to and myself don't care for GZ Prem toys after owning it. The bridge is not interesting and the building is a phenomenal toy that changes ball paths but I never wanted to see or wait for it after the 10th time. I won't ever own a GZ again but I like the Pro more.

I have never understood pinsides obsession with gatekeeping what Pros are ok to own. Met Pro good, GZ Pro bad. People are allowed to have preferences.

That's fair, pro's are good. I'm just tired of hearing "pro's are better as they are faster"...They are faster because there's barely anything in them and I personally don't think that's something to brag about at these prices.

I never understood not wanting to wait 3 - 10 seconds while something cool mechanically happens on a pinball machine. It's toys and mechs that have partially helped keep pinball around in the modern era, not a game with just ramps and orbits.

Might as well just get rid of the castle in MM as it slows the game down. Get rid of the shot behind the moving target bank in AFM as it slows the game down. No lol.

#179 13 days ago

Game Of Thrones, because the ending of the series was so bad and totally ruined the game for me. I put it up for sale the day after the series ended.

#180 13 days ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Game Of Thrones, because the ending of the series was so bad and totally ruined the game for me. I put it up for sale the day after the series ended.

The game ruined the series for me.

Had a premium, and that upper playfield was garbage. What a waste of space.

The code was also pretty mundane, but that's how I feel about pretty much every Dwight Sullivan title.

#181 13 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's fair, pro's are good. I'm just tired of hearing "pro's are better as they are faster"...They are faster because there's barely anything in them and I personally don't think that's something to brag about at these prices.
    I never understood not wanting to wait 3 - 10 seconds while something cool mechanically happens on a pinball machine. It's toys and mechs that have partially helped keep pinball around in the modern era, not a game with just ramps and orbits.
    Might as well just get rid of the castle in MM as it slows the game down. Get rid of the shot behind the moving target bank in AFM as it slows the game down. No lol.

Those things are not all the same. I've owned MM twice and I similarly never want to see a castle destroyed again in my life. Some toys don't make you wait to enjoy the game. Vengeance in Star Trek, Bruce (the shark) in Jaws, the goalie in WCS, etc. I guess I am just the type of person who when playing a video game more than once will never watch a cut-scene again.

Rules have replaced toys in modern pinball as the most defining aspect of game play (enjoyment) for the more dedicated player. If you don't like the rules no toy will make you care. We see this more and more as layouts get similar to something that has existed before. Toys are fantastic and amazing to see peoples excitement on location or when they play MM for the first time but after decades of pinball I have found that feeling fleeting.

#182 13 days ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

Same here, I got more tired of the GZ Premium features the longer I had it. The bridge only screws over the player, the building is boring both waiting for it and when it's making you loop back to the same side over and over, and even the rotating spinner is a headache because it screws up stacking Ebirah or Titano with multiballs. I sold GZ Prem and intend to get back into a Pro sometime.

And yup, my favorite thing on Pinside is watching Premium owners get so hyper prickly and defensive whenever anyone says or suggests a Pro might be as good or even preferable.

#183 13 days ago

TRON most overhyped game everrrr

#184 13 days ago

Games I was very glad to get rid of

TMNT LE
    Venom Premium

Games I've sold that I don't miss

JJP POTC
    Godzilla Premium
    AFMr LE (that subtle flipper delay)
    Met Pro

Games I do miss
    Iron Maiden Pro
    Jurrasic Park

#185 13 days ago

Rick & Morty

I couldn't dial it in & the code wasn't reliable, therefore I couldn't put it into the co-op. People hated it. I really liked having it at my home, but even I had to open it up quite a bit to adjust a rail here and there. Also, it went to the coolest people ever who were able to adjust and fix it up so it works properly, so I still get to enjoy it every once in a while.

It now looks and plays fantastic! It was literally the best game I ever sold for the best reasons, and I'm glad I did.

#186 13 days ago
    Quoted from Completist:

I can relate to that. I wish i still had my first game Williams Indiana Jones but back then i only had room for one game. Whenever is play it somewhere i still wish i had that game. Nowadays is have room for 3 games and Iron Maiden premium is gonna join my JJP GNR in a month. I love both these games and GNR is poured in concrete to the floor.

#187 13 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Same here, I got more tired of the GZ Premium features the longer I had it. The bridge only screws over the player, the building is boring both waiting for it and when it's making you loop back to the same side over and over, and even the rotating spinner is a headache because it screws up stacking Ebirah or Titano with multiballs. I sold GZ Prem and intend to get back into a Pro sometime.
    And yup, my favorite thing on Pinside is watching Premium owners get so hyper prickly and defensive whenever anyone says or suggests a Pro might be as good or even preferable.

Preach. I sold my premium and bought a pro. I legit hated the bridge. The noises it makes when the bridge collapses.... awful. I love my pro though.

#188 13 days ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

I honestly love the game, but I totally appreciate this viewpoint. Often times there is more spectacle than game.

#189 12 days ago
    Quoted from marspinball:

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who hates this machine. Very cool design and artwork, but that's pretty much where my praise ends. It isn't the worst pin I've ever played, but probably the most boring.

#190 12 days ago
    Quoted from MiniPinHead:

It seems you don’t sell your Spooky games? Don’t want to have to add to the list?
    But seriously, you do have a solid collection history. I’d have a hard time picking one out, too

IMG_0419 (resized).jpegIMG_0419 (resized).jpeg
    #191 12 days ago
    Quoted from hwyhed:

Although I didn’t quite dial in a few of these games, they just didn’t appeal to me. Galaxy I found to easy, pinbot I wanted to like, but meh. Jumping jack was a lil slow, and not what I was hoping w all the drop targets to shoot down. And Raven..well, it’s Raven..

Old code Galaxy or new code Galaxy? If you haven't played the new code you should revisit it. Great new ruleset, great soundtrack that you can program on your own if you want.

Mine are Mando - Great theme integration and callouts but very woodchoppy code with boring side quests that don't seem to add anything to the advancement of the game. Frustrating shots at times. I held onto it for way too long and cried tears of joy when it left.

And my hot take that I haven't seen and may get me thrashed is Elvira House of Horrors. It's no doubt beautiful, the house is amazing, and Elvira is just plain cool. I also didn't have a problem with dialing in some of its notorious problems. It was the code I could never get into. Lots of the same modes over and over with standard fan layout bonus missions/multiballs/wizard modes. Make 3 orbits, get an award mode that involves shooting more orbits. Hit enough gargoyles, guess what you get to hit more gargoyles. I just wasn't seeing the Lyman brilliance on this one (much prefer BM66) that everyone else sees. I think a lot of the love is bias from folks who loved the first 2 Elviras so they have to rave about the 3rd one as well.

#192 12 days ago
    Quoted from dtrimberger:

I just wasn't seeing the Lyman brilliance on this one (much prefer BM66) that everyone else sees. I think a lot of the love is bias from folks who loved the first 2 Elviras so they have to rave about the 3rd one as well.

It's funny you say this, I got EHOH before bm66 hoping it would have been batman 66 enough for me.... but it wasn't. I like what Lyman did with bm66 and wanted more of that, but was let down.

#193 12 days ago

For me it was Street fighter 2. Back in the day I was looking to get my first DMD game and these seemed cheap at the time and bought a super nice example. After a few plays I could not repost it for sale fast enough. Nothing other than theme that is redeeming about this game...still don't knock the machine on the fan site there are some loyalists...

#194 12 days ago

I was happy to unload Bublehead pro.
    Way too deep a rule set, the well documented ball trough issues and it would just quit…right in the middle of a game.
    The daily upkeep demands fatigued the shit out of me.

#195 12 days ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

I was happy to unload Bublehead pro. ...

???

#196 12 days ago

Someone bragging about blocking someone…

#197 12 days ago

Y'all just can't appreciate a good bit.

#198 12 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Don’t forget the neverending barrage of cut scenes. There should be some sort of double flipping achievement on this one.

But what do I know. Stern JP is the one I never need to own again.

#199 12 days ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Someone bragging about blocking someone…

I still don't get it, can you explain further?

#200 12 days ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I still don't get it, can you explain further?

The context is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blocked-user-experience-sucks-in-threads

But you better hurry… for some reason mods seem to be deleting everything in there.

There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/glad-i-got-rid-of-that-game/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.