Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,256 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6410 (resized).JPG
    20240514_191912 (resized).jpg
    1_hRLCjU-tTjzQNzyTMFmDDg (resized).png
    Screenshot_20240514_172215_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_170529_YouTube~2.jpg
    IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN9032 (resized).JPG
    DSCN9030 (resized).JPG
    20240505_073509 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5920 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5501 (resized).jpg
    Smudge Drivers Licence (resized).jpg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ClpVeL5XEAErG2J.jpg-large (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 2 years ago

I miss $2.50/gal gas.

2 weeks later
    #136 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

So Rednecks that have been indoctrinated are the cause of high prices? Yea ok

Most smart folks know why we have high gas prices, pinside doesn't allow saying it though.

#154 2 years ago

Can I get a closer look in your hole?

3 weeks later
    #187 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:Sure we can. Russia

I hope you don't really believe that. Started when someone took office.

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

That's not true. What you are repeating is a lie. Taught to you by those who want you ignorant for their political gain. It started when we finally got a handle on Covid, took it seriously, and then when we came out of lockdown, the demand for gas, which had been depressed, rebounded, driving up the price. Supply and demand. Then, when Russia invaded Ukraine, that supply got smaller. I've heard this lie repeated often here, and who ever told you different, is lying to you. To be clear, and non-partisan, NO administration has any control over the private sector. And this is a world wide problem, not an American one. To think any administration of any stripe could drive up the price of gas all around the world, all at once, is pure political blinders.

Doesn't seem like you can sell EV's if gas prices are low. It's all planned!!

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

You must be in the business?

Salesman?

1 week later
    #215 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

If you don’t understand simple supply and demand I don’t know what to tell you.

I understand completely! Can you understand failed economic policies?

1 month later
    #242 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Gas prices began rising in April of 2020 as a result of supply disruptions brought on by COVID. So, not even close to true. Plus, this is a GLOBAL fuel shortage.
    https://www.statista.com/chart/26882/us-energy-costs-natural-gas-gasoline-electricity/

I think you mean 2021 when there was an administration change.
    https://turnpikeinfo.com/news/2021/04/

#244 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

NO, that's exactly what didn't have anything to do with the global gas prices. The chart I posted shows you it started in 2020, under the LAST administration (and nobody in that admin was to blame there either - this is non-political).

Did you even look at the data I posted? You can clearly see fuel prices for every month and year.
    I know I won't change your opinion, but you won't change mine either.

#246 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yes, I understand you want to make it political when it isn't.

Not making it political, just stating the facts.

#253 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Numbers are numbers. Gas affects 100% of working class Americans, regardless if you are political or not, regardless of what administration is in charge. Production gets cut, it affects prices and availability. Simple economics.
    I'm trying to keep politics out of this but some participants want to polarize this issue, which is actually against the forum rules. I'm not blaming one political party over the other, I'm blaming bad policy regardless of whose policy it is.
    What's so hard to grasp about this?

Bingo! Bad policies.

2 weeks later
    #281 1 year ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Just paid $3.72 yesterday, I hope it continues to go down. F ExxonMobil for their record profits.

Yeah, that's why its so high.

1 week later
    #289 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I’m seeing prices continue to fall. CA and CO. Anyone else?

Some states much better than others. Still too high!

3 weeks later
    #300 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Paid $2.89 for regular a few days ago. It's the first I paid under $3 a gallon since 1/30/22. People are still flocking to Sam's Club for the $.3 to .5 savings per gallon. It's taking 20-30 minutes to get to fill up. I feel like an EV owner right now.

You sure you don't mean 1/30/20 ? Gas where I'm at is slightly below 4 bucks. NFB (no fuckin bargain)

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

It's down in LA, but we still pay more than many other states

Curious, what's the price in La?

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

Having to be in LA.

#326 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Yep. And workers are the most important part of that equation. I hope they get what they need.

Yupp, all the concessions given to the railroads will just be passed along to the consumers.

#330 1 year ago
    inflation (resized).jpginflation (resized).jpg
    #334 1 year ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

Getting 49mpg from my Honda Fit so the pain hasn't been too bad.

Just think how you would feel if it was a lot cheaper.

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

[quoted image]

So my downvoting friends don't think inflation is bad? 40 year high!!

2 weeks later
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Gas back up to almost 6 per gallon here again.When gas prices start going down the old refinery maintenance b s happens every time.We may need a new system of fuel supply around here.Oil companies have robbed us for years maybe we should try something different as far as drilling permits.I dont have the answers but would like to do something but without Political Blame game.

Not possible, it is political.

1 week later
    #384 1 year ago

Buckle up for high heating oil prices this winter. Right now in my area it's 4.95/gallon. Most oil tanks are 275 gallons.
    Glad I don't have oil heat anymore.

#391 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Is this an urban / rural thing? I've never lived in a home that uses those tanks. But maybe it's regional - I grew up very rural, but nobody around us had tanks like that. This would be Northern Midwest.

Northeast. Pa. to be exact. Tanks usually in the basement or utility room. What do you all use for heat? Hopefully not electric.

#393 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Our apt uses gas heat.

Gas here too. Gas a lot higher than used to be also. Gonna be an expensive winter!

1 month later
    #458 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

Gas has dropped in CO, just saw it at 2.83. Can't say I'm not happy about it.

Damn, here in Pa. it's still $4/gal

1 week later
    #481 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballizfun:

is that the energy cost or does that include things like supply side transmission service charge, purchased electricity adjustment, delivery side customer charge, standard metering charge, distribution facilities charge, Illinois electricity distribution charge (obv, not in TX), environmental cost recovery adjustment, renewable portfolio standard, zero emission standard, energy efficiency programs fee, energy transition assistance fee, franchise cost fee, state tax, etc?
    My energy cost last month was $59.09, my bill was $88.70. I can calculate my costs to run any device by the electricity cost and make it look smaller by ignoring the rest of the costs. If we're going to ignore the extra costs on electric, then recalculate the ICE cots to eliminate anything beyond the fuel cost, remove the gas tax, the state tax, etc. In IL, that's about $1 a gallon.

Don't forget the monthly car payment.

#492 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I could live with that.

Yeah man, that's like pre-pandemic.

#505 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Car payment?

Was it free? I don't think it's chump change.

1 week later
    #522 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Well the demand destruction continues to amaze me. We are now down to $2.42 on regular and $3.84 for diesel. Don't be fooled, we still have a whole dollar to go before we get to where we were in 2020 with the pipeline expansion moving ahead. This reduction in demand can only go so far, people need to drive. Hopefully this will be easier on peoples' wallets. Hoping the Keystone XL leak will be no big deal as well.

Wonder when everything else starts to come down? My wife just came home from store and said eggs almost $5.00 F0kk!

#529 1 year ago
    Quoted from MtnFrost:

I found the reason for the egg prices. Apparently we just suffered the worst ever outbreak of bird flu and a lot of egg laying chickens were killed.
    When it rains….(from CNBC)
    "An ‘unprecedented’ egg supply disruption
    Surging egg prices are primarily the result of one of the worst-ever outbreaks of avian flu in the U.S.
    About 50.3 million birds have been impacted by the virus since early February, according to recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These figures include birds such as turkeys and ducks, too.
    Bird flu is relatively rare in the U.S. The last bout was in 2015, when a record 50.5 million birds were impacted, the CDC said. The flu hadn’t emerged in at least a decade or two prior to that, Lapp said.
    Here’s why this matters: Avian flu, which is generally carried by wild birds such as ducks and geese, is “highly contagious,” the New Jersey Department of Agriculture warned last month. It’s also extremely lethal; it kills 90% to 100% of chickens, often within 48 hours, according to the CDC.
    Farmers generally must kill their remaining birds — not by choice but due to federal rules meant to prevent spread, said Brian Moscogiuri, a global trade strategist at Eggs Unlimited, an egg supplier based in Irvine, California.
    As a result, about 37 million egg-laying hens — “layers,” in industry shorthand — have died since the beginning of 2022, Moscogiuri said. They account for about 10% of U.S. production, he said."

Unfortunately, not just eggs, everything is higher. Highest inflation in 40 years. 401 k's losing money, ain't life grand!

2 weeks later
    #550 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Sometimes people buy things without going into debt

Forgot, this is pinside.

4 weeks later
    #553 1 year ago

Holy crap, gas prices were making a steady decline and now my local station in PA has jumped up to $3.80/gallon. WTF happened now to raise prices?

#556 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I think it's called a desire for profit!
    Not sure it's related to the recent increase, but just read this:
    http://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/business/nightcap-chevron-stock-buyback/index.html

Wow, unbelievable!

2 months later
    #564 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

$8-$9 by Labor Day

Oh shit, hope you're wrong!

1 month later
    #601 11 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

No wonder everyone is moving to Florida.

That's one reason.

#611 11 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Today at Costco in Henderson, Nevada:
    [quoted image]

Price similar to what it is in Pa.

3 weeks later
    #633 10 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

San Diego Costco today.....
    [quoted image]

A buck more than Pa.

1 month later
    #648 9 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Needles, California within the hour.
    [quoted image]

Holy shit that blows, I was pissed when it recently jumped to 3.95 around me. There's a place that does cash for 3.67 where I got gas today.
    Thanks #$!&$nomics.

1 week later
    #666 9 months ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Doesn't relate to efficiency but...
    Oregon drivers are now allowed to pump their own fuel after the state lifted a ban dating back to 1951
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/06/us/oregon-drivers-pump-own-fuel-law

In New Jersey you still can't pump your own, but jerseys gas is cheaper than the 2 surrounding states.

1 week later
    #676 9 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It has changed to all price bitching these days.

Guess we wouldn't be bitchin if they were lower. Give it time.

#679 9 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

4.85 around Here this week.

Is that better or worse for your area? My area of PA is almost $4/gallon. Fucking %&@#*nomics.

1 month later
    #716 8 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

My local Costco giving it to me in the rear for 5.19 87 ragular

It's not Costco, it's the gubmint.

1 week later
    #731 7 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

San Diego just now, Costco....
    [quoted image]

Man, that blows!

#741 7 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

With Invigorate. Does it also come with a dick pill?

2 weeks later
    #782 7 months ago

Damn, I feel bad for you cal folks. I paid 3.55 the other day.
    Remember when we were energy independent?

#790 6 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Where are you at? Any reason you don't post your city with avatar?

Privacy?

#803 6 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It actually is. It's a beautiful, well run place where all restaurants are now Taco Bell.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Angeles

Odin, we lived in San Diego for a few years back in the 70's, always liked stopping at Der Wienerschnitzel, they still there?
    That was my go to on the road, couple hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut.

1 month later
    #838 5 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Practically giving it away in Las Vegas....
    [quoted image]

Whoa, somethings up, pretty soon someone will say we have a booming economy!

#861 5 months ago

Paid 3.35/gal here in pa today.

#863 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember thinking in 2020 when oil was real cheap, that would have been a great time to top it off

Wait, didn't someone do that?

1 week later
    #894 5 months ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

A truly great man.

But bad administration.

1 month later
    #938 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I see you like what you are being told. Stick with it and you will go far, son.
    But the massive amount of debt that keeps piling up with credit maxed out and all the layoffs and coming defaults says otherwise.

He drank the kool-aid big time. Blame everyone else for your failed policies.

#942 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was told there was and then there was no recession in 2022. Then I was told they had changed the long standing definition of recession so it never happened. What I believe is they are all full of BS.
    When the next one hits whether it is real one or a fabricated one or non one to fit an agenda, let's just say I'm ready and let the house of cards do what it will.

When things are bad just call it corporate greed!

#945 3 months ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

So to be clear, you don't think corporations price gouge whenever that can? That articles and quotes from corporate meetings about greedflation aren't true? You think corporations are virgin pure, and never consider profits over the public good? Or that don't take advantage of circumstances that will mask price hikes? Just trying to understand why anyone would ever give a for-profit company a pass for price-gouging.

They're just trying to keep up with inflation. When everything else costs more like wages and goods for products, those companies are gonna raise their prices. It's only common sense. Costs to deliver goods and services are up too. Retail theft in stores in major cities, the cost gets past on to we the consumer. Open your eyes man!

3 weeks later
    #995 74 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]
    Looking forward to this again come October.
    [quoted image]

Ouch!

#1000 73 days ago

Let's get this back on the topic of gas.

fart.giffart.gif
    #1021 70 days ago

$3.03/gal cash price today in Pa. The rest of the stations are still 3.35 give or take.

4 weeks later
    #1052 41 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

What a nice, laid-back town that anaheim is...

In the 50's.

#1057 40 days ago

What's going on here? Things are supposed to be getting better, not worse.

#1062 40 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It also should be noted that most Californians now seem to have a love affair with paying the highest price for gasoline in the country. At least for the last 30 years or so.

Well everyone's making at least $20/hour now!

1 week later
    #1107 32 days ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

#1114 31 days ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

the look when someone points out that gas prices collapsed because of Covid, and not because of any policy.

3 weeks later
    #1207 9 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

This morning, near the Ann Arbor/VFW Pinball Show.[quoted image]

Man, quite a variance between blends!

#1218 8 days ago
    Quoted from RTR:

lol, never lived in a place that didn't give you at least a little break on lawn care season.

Happens when you live in paradise!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late?tu=poppapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.