Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,196 posts
  • 92 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5501 (resized).jpg
    Smudge Drivers Licence (resized).jpg
    IMG_5328 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    ClpVeL5XEAErG2J.jpg-large (resized).jpeg
    smokey-social (resized).jpg
    20240418_170448 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    Noone (resized).jpeg
    Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif
    MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.
    #1101 17 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

In all my years I have never heard of a gasoline car fire.

There are over 300 million people in the US. One experience does not equal a statistical sample of any significance.

#1102 17 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Receipt says $4.87 for regular at Costco here today.
    I'm guessing last place under five bucks in California for a while. Let the bodies hit the floor.

San diego Costco this morning.

IMG_4826 (resized).jpgIMG_4826 (resized).jpg
    #1103 17 days ago

Non-costco, Newport Beach this afternoon.

20240411_101230 (resized).jpg20240411_101230 (resized).jpg
    #1104 17 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

From what I've read, "they" don't really get excited until about $90 / bbl.

20240412_061659 (resized).jpg20240412_061659 (resized).jpg

rich-men-laughing (resized).jpgrich-men-laughing (resized).jpg
    #1105 16 days ago
    IMG_4966 (resized).JPGIMG_4966 (resized).JPG
    #1106 16 days ago

Cents per gallon...50 +/- years ago. Choicesw were Regular or premium.

IMG_4965 (resized).JPGIMG_4965 (resized).JPG
    #1108 15 days ago

In Barstow last night. Where the Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Sante Fe meet....

20240412_200816 (resized).jpg20240412_200816 (resized).jpg
    #1109 15 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

In Barstow last night. Where the Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Sante Fe meet....
    [quoted image]

I had a friend back in the 70s whose parents sold a beach front house in Newport to buy and re-open a bowling alley in Barstow. That said, within a year they ended up with a pretty nice game room in their house here as a result. And even a pinball machine. Not sure what that Newport house would be worth today. Or if anybody still bowls in Barstow...

#1110 15 days ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

C’mon man!

#1111 15 days ago

Today in Las Vegas.

20240413_124143 (resized).jpg20240413_124143 (resized).jpg
    #1112 15 days ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Cents per gallon...50 +/- years ago. Choicesw were Regular or premium.
    [quoted image]

That's $1.47 today if that was about 50 years ago. Well, $1.47 is the price it was a few years ago...

#1113 15 days ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

the look when someone points out that gas prices collapsed because of Covid, and not because of any policy.

#1114 15 days ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

the look when someone points out that gas prices collapsed because of Covid, and not because of any policy.

#1115 15 days ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

where did it mention covid?

#1116 15 days ago

Can we cut out the politics?

#1117 15 days ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Everything economical is politically motivated no matter how hard someone tries to convince themselves it isn’t.

#1118 14 days ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I remember at one time rotary engines were all the rage. They don't do those anymore, do they?

#1119 14 days ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

I remember at one time rotary engines were all the rage. They don't do those anymore, do they?

Look no further than a current Mazda RX8.

#1120 14 days ago
    Quoted from HobbyGuy:

Go back to post 661 in this thread. That was the low point I ever saw during the lockdowns when noone (sic) was buying fuel. Although I made a Detroit-Reno-Arches-Detroit run during that time. Lincoln, Nebraska was the last restaurant meal I had when heading Westbound.

#1121 14 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Look no further than a current Mazda RX8.

RX-8 was discontinued in 2012 and Mazda hasn't released another rotary since. There have been rumors and concepts, but no production rotory engine anymore.

#1122 14 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

when noone (sic) was buying fuel.

MotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpgMotorTrend-celebrity-drive-Peter-Noone-lead-singer-Hermans-Hermits-6 (resized).jpg
    #1123 14 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

RX-8 was discontinued in 2012 and Mazda hasn't released another rotary since. There have been rumors and concepts, but no production rotory engine anymore.

Not entirely true.

https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=mazda%20rotary%20engine&tbm=&source=sh/x/gs/m2/5#ip=1

#1124 14 days ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Everything economical is politically motivated no matter how hard someone tries to convince themselves it isn’t.

I agree but discussing politics isn't allowed on Pinside. Guess he isn't aware of that. Just don't want the thread to get closed.

#1125 13 days ago

Which link points to a production car? I see concepts.

#1126 13 days ago

Wankel_Cycle_anim_en.gifWankel_Cycle_anim_en.gif

Quoted from RyanStl:RX-8 was discontinued in 2012 and Mazda hasn't released another rotary since. There have been rumors and concepts, but no production rotory engine anymore.

That's okay, most people here don't even know the correct pronunciation of Wankel anyhow.

#1127 13 days ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Which link points to a production car? I see concepts.

Sorry bad link, they are currently using a Wankel in a hybrid to extend battery range.

#1129 13 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Today in Las Vegas.

I was just about to post a bitch about my $3.91 per gallon of 93 at my local Murphy, glad I ain't in Vegas.
    I will state however, my bonuses have also been considerably higher.
    It's not quote like having total consciousness on my death bed as foretold by the Dalai Lama, but meh, I'll take it.

#1130 13 days ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I was just about to post a bitch about my $3.91 per gallon of 93 at my local Murphy, glad I ain't in Vegas.
    I will state however, my bonuses have also been considerably higher.
    It's not quote like having total consciousness on my death bed as foretold by the Dalai Lama, but meh, I'll take it.

I had a job that required me to put in 1,000 to 1,500 miles per month.I was paid mileage.
    This flux in gas prices would have screwed me as they set the price per mile and probably
    wouldnt keep up with cost.

#1131 13 days ago

Asssuming the price was set on a low cycle.

#1132 13 days ago

Just paid $3.01 at Sam's Club this last weekend. Surrounding stations were over $3.40.

#1133 12 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Asssuming the price was set on a low cycle.

The government guideline just went up to 63 cents a mile. It still covers your fuel costs and then some.

#1134 12 days ago

$3.49/gal regular today. Paid $3.29 at the same station last time I filled up ~two weeks ago.

#1135 12 days ago

This thread needs more noone.

Noone (resized).jpegNoone (resized).jpeg
    #1136 11 days ago

Costco today in Livonia MI. Name brand stations were .25 to .45 more

IMG_5088 (resized).jpgIMG_5088 (resized).jpg
    #1137 11 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The government guideline just went up to 63 cents a mile. It still covers your fuel costs and then some.

How does that work,gas is 3 bucks a gallon in some spots and 5 bucks a gallon in others.

#1138 11 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

How does that work,gas is 3 bucks a gallon in some spots and 5 bucks a gallon in others.

It’s just a guideline, in some areas companies will charge only 43 cents and give their employees the same. I live in a high fuel cost area so I get 63 cents plus hourly. I’m not complaining, it covers absolutely every expense that comes with owning a vehicle. A nice one at that

#1139 11 days ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Haha. You live in California and haven't figured that out yet?

#1140 11 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Haha. You live in California and haven't figured that out yet?

Im retired,mileage days are gone.

#1141 11 days ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Costco today in Livonia MI. Name brand stations were .25 to .45 more
    [quoted image]

Which location; l-275 between 7 & 8 Mile, or I-96 & Middlebelt?

And PLEASE tell me you weren't putting Regular in your C8.....

#1142 11 days ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Which location; l-275 between 7 & 8 Mile, or I-96 & Middlebelt?
    And PLEASE tell me you weren't putting Regular in your C8.....

96 & Middlebelt No it was for my GMC Terrain getting about 34.5 on the last tankfull

#1143 11 days ago

Was Frank Black right? Is living in Los Ángeles, Chile really better at this point?

#1144 10 days ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Was Frank Black right? Is living in Los Ángeles, Chile really better at this point?

This is a nut job propaganda site. It literally took less than a minute of research to find that out. It's not a news source. Stop listening to stuff that isn't a vetted news site. Go to the source for accurate information.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2023/02/10/icymi-big-oil-misleading-californians-again-fact-check-finds/

#1145 10 days ago
    Quoted from Emkay79:

$3.49/gal regular today. Paid $3.29 at the same station last time I filled up ~two weeks ago.

$3.59 today. Same station.

#1146 10 days ago

Getting close to $4 in PA, just for regular

#1147 10 days ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Sorry bad link, they are currently using a Wankel in a hybrid to extend battery range.

Looks like not for NA or just rumors. Guessing they have them in Europe and maybe Japan.

#1148 10 days ago

Today in Henderson, Nevada....

20240418_170448 (resized).jpg20240418_170448 (resized).jpg
    #1149 10 days ago

Price at Costco here down a few cents today. But everywhere else still hovering around or over five bucks.

What I'd like to know is why Colorado where HobbyGuy lives seems to have the cheapest gas. And can I get a better deal on weed there as well?

#1150 10 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Price at Costco here down a few cents today. But everywhere else still hovering around or over five bucks.
    What I'd like to know is why Colorado where HobbyGuy lives seems to have the cheapest gas. And can I get a better deal on weed there as well?

Not sure why. It did go up here recently to 3.05. But that's before any supermarket points, which normally take off a dime/gallon. We were in CA last weekend, so amazing the huge range per state.

Oh, and no idea on weed. I grew up pretty straight laced, so never did. Not against, just not my cup of tea. Which is a bit of a misnomer, since I'm not a fan of tea. Maybe not my cup of coffee. You get the idea. Given the number of outlets though, I'd suspect you'd probably find it cheaper. As a geeky guess.

There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gasoline-fuel-efficiency-as-of-late/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.