(Topic ID: 334148)

Galactic Tank Force Owners Club - Get your ice cream here!

By flynnibus

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,584 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by lasermel
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3898 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3897 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6997 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 1.42.46?PM (resized).png
IMG_8310 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_220545.jpg
Limewire (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240417_211315 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.
#201 11 months ago

My game just arrived...if anyone is near me in San Ramon and could give me a hand getting it up on the legs. I'd appreciate it.

Robert

20230615_134720 (resized).jpg20230615_134720 (resized).jpg

#202 11 months ago

After playing GTF for over a week I must say I am enjoying the game. Sub hook up will be completed in the next hour. Game is really fun to play! Enjoying it. Had a 900m game with a few muktiballs. Be sure to adjust the pop bumpers to 30 and up Post to 25. By adjusting the outpost to 30 you’ll save yourself drains down the middle due to the Tank hits. Also, turning up the pop bumpers will give you a lot more action on the upper part of the playfield. The light and music sound is amazing on this game. It’s really cool I really love the light shows. The theme is a little odd as people have mentioned, but it’s kind of cool something different than a regular stern that’s for sure. Glad I picked this game up. It’s a nice addition to my collection.

#203 11 months ago

Anyone have trouble registering their game?

My s/n comes up as invalid.

Robert

#204 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

I did initially but I emailed AP and they took care of it.

#205 11 months ago

Do you have to do something to make the cow target work?

I've hit it many times and it always comes up as no cows saved.

Robert

#206 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Is it stuck close? Mine was. The target takes a beating and tends to bend back. I had to rebuild mine with additional leaf switch parts to reinforce.

#207 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

start with the switch test diagnostics and confirm it's opening and closing as expected.

#208 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

If it’s a deluxe you need to add a D so GTFDXXX

#209 11 months ago

I finally got to play the game at cointakers barcade in sunbury, pa. If you have not gone
I highly recommend it and their home made pizza .

The game looks amazing, lights, sounds, layout all very different. Im beating a dead horse but my biggest issue was the center tank and the 5 targets. The first few times I hit them the ball came flying back at me and drained. Next time it flew off a sling and out of control. It just reminded me of a worst version of the left ramp stand ups on the shadow.

The closeness of the tank is an issue cause the stand ups fling the ball at you. Your reward for a direct hit is a potential fast drain. I wish they could have made it have an opening like afm or sm. Or use the magnet to slow it or divert ball off to the side. I hated seeing that huge target and having to avoid it. Maybe code could get your ball back if drain within 2 seconds of a hit.

I don’t see anyway they could do a major design change this late but I’m just a little surprised a veteran designer would put 5 stand ups dead center 18” away. Looking forward to playing more out on location and possibly adding if prices drop after release.

#210 11 months ago
Quoted from Bos98:

If it’s a deluxe you need to add a D so GTFDXXX

Thanks!

#211 11 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I finally got to play the game at cointakers barcade in sunbury, pa. If you have not gone
I highly recommend it and their home made pizza .
The game looks amazing, lights, sounds, layout all very different. Im beating a dead horse but my biggest issue was the center tank and the 5 targets. The first few times I hit them the ball came flying back at me and drained. Next time it flew off a sling and out of control. It just reminded me of a worst version of the left ramp stand ups on the shadow.
The closeness of the tank is an issue cause the stand ups fling the ball at you. Your reward for a direct hit is a potential fast drain. I wish they could have made it have an opening like afm or sm. Or use the magnet to slow it or divert ball off to the side. I hated seeing that huge target and having to avoid it. Maybe code could get your ball back if drain within 2 seconds of a hit.
I don’t see anyway they could do a major design change this late but I’m just a little surprised a veteran designer would put 5 stand ups dead center 18” away. Looking forward to playing more out on location and possibly adding if prices drop after release.

If you adjust the up post you will have less ball drains. It pops up quicker and blocks the ball.

#212 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

start with the switch test diagnostics and confirm it's opening and closing as expected.

One of the wires to the cow switch was broken. The wire was stretched until broke at to solder joint when the target moved. There was no slack in the wiring, so I had to cut one of the harness cable ties to get some.

It's a crowded area around the switch, but I was able to reach in and reattach the wire without any collateral damage.

If any of other games harness are routed and tied like mine was, this could be an issue for them too.

Robert

#213 11 months ago

Thanks for your note, Robert. Passing it along to Production.

#214 11 months ago

Where is the manual and rule sheet located?

Robert

#215 11 months ago

I'm going to ask questions and list issues as I find them. Using latest s/w I downloaded yesterday.

When I let ball 2 just drain after hitting Nothing on launch, I got a ball save message but no ball serve. I had to turn it off and on to get the game to serve another ball in a new game.

Is the game supposed to randomly serve a ball into the shooter lane while you're playing a ball? Mine has done that a few times.

The shooter rod is binding on something or the bearing is bad. I've lubed it twice with silicone and I still have issues getting the ball over to the LAB switches.

Is it possible to turn down the stadium lights?

Robert

#216 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The shooter rod is binding on something or the bearing is bad. I've lubed it twice with silicone and I still have issues getting the ball over to the LAB switches.
Robert

I had the same problem on my game and my buddies game. Unlike the square metal ball shooter housing, there is no plastic sleeve. The shooter rod has a lot of sloop because of not having the rod sleeve.

#217 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Where is the manual and rule sheet located?

American has not generally published rule sheets for our games, leaving that to the community. I've asked about the status of the manual, but haven't really gotten an answer.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

When I let ball 2 just drain after hitting Nothing on launch, I got a ball save message but no ball serve. I had to turn it off and on to get the game to serve another ball in a new game.

Don't think I've ever seen that. If you experience that again, I'd try popping into service mode, Tests > Switches, and see if all the trough switches are showing closed. If they aren't, that will have to be addressed first.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Is the game supposed to randomly serve a ball into the shooter lane while you're playing a ball? Mine has done that a few times.

Ditto.

Please don't hesitate to submit service tickets for issues like these: <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> so our Service team can help walk you through troubleshooting. You'll get a ticket number that you can use to follow up on the issue.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Is it possible to turn down the stadium lights?

Not currently, but that's a feature I was considering adding in a future software version.

#218 11 months ago

More comments:

Why do some of the balls ejected into the server get automatically shot and why do some just sit there during a game?

I sometimes get 2 balls ejected into the server during a game, and they just sit there until the plunge them.

Since there are no rules published, I have no clue if what’s happening during a game is supposed to be happening or it’s a bug or glitch. Or what’s supposed to be happening and doesn’t.

There is sometimes an inordinate amount of time when a ball is in a gobble hole, before something happens. Sometimes so long that I think the game has locked up. This may just be a software timing issue, hopefully not a lack of processing power.

I have maybe 30 games played and I am starting to get airballs over the slings.

The game is pretty fun but these issues have me really wanting another software update.

Robert

#219 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Why do some of the balls ejected into the server get automatically shot and why do some just sit there during a game?
I sometimes get 2 balls ejected into the server during a game, and they just sit there until the plunge them.

This happens to me too but very rarely. I did go into the test mode and tested all the ball trough switches. I had no switch errors.

#220 11 months ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The game is pretty fun but these issues have me really wanting another software update.

No worries, we're going to continue releasing code updates for GTF, with both fixes and feature enhancements.

#221 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No worries, we're going to continue releasing code updates for GTF, with both fixes and feature enhancements.

Just paid for my LE. It’s ready to ship. Thanks for your continued efforts and diligence.

#222 11 months ago

Thank you for supporting American Pinball and our games! Hope you and your family and friends love it.

#223 11 months ago

Posted this in the other GTF group before I saw this group. Here's the timelapse unboxing of GTF-LE #1.

#224 11 months ago

This elite piece of weaponry has been received - we will be battle-ready soon!

IMG_9084 (resized).jpegIMG_9084 (resized).jpeg
#225 11 months ago

Awesome! Paid for my LE yesterday. Can’t take delivery for 3 weeks. Hope to get the tank stand up bracket by then.

#226 11 months ago

I am excited for my deluxe to arrive at my distributor. I'm having a pinball BBQ in July and would love to have a GTF in the lineup. Are the machines still rolling out to distributors or are they paused until there is a fix for the tank targets? I have heard nothing officially, only rumors.

#227 11 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I am excited for my deluxe to arrive at my distributor. I'm having a pinball BBQ in July and would love to have a GTF in the lineup. Are the machines still rolling out to distributors or are they paused until there is a fix for the tank targets? I have heard nothing officially, only rumors

My LE is at my German Dealer since last week and he mentioned so far that there is a kind of 'foam' behind the tank targets brackets but he cannot see any other differences.
So maybe an update here from Ferret about 'new' brackets or a solution?

#228 11 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Are the machines still rolling out to distributors or are they paused until there is a fix for the tank targets? I have heard nothing officially, only rumors.

I spoke with my distributor last week and he said that he was expecting my Deluxe to ship this week sometime. Still haven't heard anything yet, but am crossing my finger and hoping that's true.

#229 11 months ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Are the machines still rolling out to distributors or are they paused until there is a fix for the tank targets? I have heard nothing officially, only rumors.

I heard from an AP employee a few days ago that both assembly lines are producing GTF and they are not pausing for the new bracket fix. The tank bracket fix is actually a 3 piece deal. AP will send them out to the owners of the serial numbered games that are missing them.

#230 11 months ago

*DO NOT* quote me on this -- since I'm not on-site at the factory, I don't always have the latest info -- but here is my current understanding:

The tank target update is a 2 piece update: one piece to reinforce behind the targets, and another piece to give a bit of an overhead deflector in case a ball still tries to go aloft. (A third piece was originally planned, but was determined to provide little benefit, and apparently was a PITA to install.) This update has been in field testing for awhile and has been working well.

I believe that games on the production line starting this week have these updates already installed. Registered machines in the field will receive a care package in the mail with the update -- so don't forget to register your machine at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/register/> if you haven't already done so.

#231 11 months ago

Has anyone experienced extremely high scores after the most recent updates?

It’s been making league play and tournaments really frustrating, as people can walk way with several billion points with no real understanding as to why. We have seen, things like a 500M+ meltdown jackpots and 350M+ tank shots.

#232 10 months ago

Game is really fun. Finally had a breakout game. Wow. It was super cool!! Not sure how to get cowabunga multiball? That’s all that I could not complete. Any suggestions? I hit the target many times. It did not light up and no video of cows dancing? No issues with game other than what’s been outlined in the forums. Minor items. Targets are a bit bend. Quality of game is amazing. Super nice build and layout! Dennis did a good job in my opinion on this one. Glad I added to my collection.

70915282883__8BBD3A75-F719-4229-9196-ED58A8D62562 (resized).jpeg70915282883__8BBD3A75-F719-4229-9196-ED58A8D62562 (resized).jpegIMG_0280 (resized).jpegIMG_0280 (resized).jpegIMG_0421 (resized).jpegIMG_0421 (resized).jpeg
#233 10 months ago

man. that speaker panel is so damn good.

#234 10 months ago

Cow-a-Bongo Multiball comes from saving 3 (default; adjustable) cows. When a cow is abducted, it takes X number of hits on the swinging target to save the cow.

#235 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Cow-a-Bongo Multiball comes from saving 3 (default; adjustable) cows. When a cow is abducted, it takes X number of hits on the swinging target to save the cow.

thanks!

#236 10 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Game is really fun. Finally had a breakout game. Wow. It was super cool!! Not sure how to get cowabunga multiball? That’s all that I could not complete. Any suggestions? I hit the target many times. It did not light up and no video of cows dancing? No issues with game other than what’s been outlined in the forums. Minor items. Targets are a bit bend. Quality of game is amazing. Super nice build and layout! Dennis did a good job in my opinion on this one. Glad I added to my collection.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A/P did an amazing job on this game. I really like it. It’s a fun shooter! Panel is the best I have seen yet!

#237 10 months ago

Looks like I’m getting mine tomorrow!

#238 10 months ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I heard from an AP employee a few days ago that both assembly lines are producing GTF and they are not pausing for the new bracket fix. The tank bracket fix is actually a 3 piece deal. AP will send them out to the owners of the serial numbered games that are missing them.

Here is the link that someone at AP just emailed me for the GTF ball deflector and tank targets reinforcement bracket service kit. This 2-piece kit is shipping now and GTF owners will have them soon (next week).

#239 10 months ago

Simple fix! Have the brackets shipped! I am registered? Let me know. Le 03 in the house. Thanks!!!

#240 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The tank target update is a 2 piece update: one piece to reinforce behind the targets, and another piece to give a bit of an overhead deflector in case a ball still tries to go aloft.

This is what they look like.

gtfptankfix1 (resized).jpggtfptankfix1 (resized).jpggtfptankfix1b (resized).jpggtfptankfix1b (resized).jpggtfptankfix2 (resized).jpeggtfptankfix2 (resized).jpeggtfptankfix2b (resized).jpeggtfptankfix2b (resized).jpeg
#241 10 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Simple fix! Have the brackets shipped! I am registered? Let me know. Le 03 in the house. Thanks!!!

This 2-piece kit is shipping now and GTF owners will have them soon (next week).

#242 10 months ago

I received a ship notification email from Dhavi Vasani, which I assume is from AP, for my Deluxe bracket fix.

#243 10 months ago

Guys, does the deluxe come with regular glass or hd type glass? Curious.

#244 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Guys, does the deluxe come with regular glass or hd type glass? Curious.

Hd, same as le/se

#245 10 months ago

Be sure to register your game. My tank target reinforcement kit arrived today. IMG_3796 (resized).jpegIMG_3796 (resized).jpeg

#246 10 months ago
IMG_1552 (resized).jpegIMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
#247 10 months ago

How cool is this game! More exited I’ve been about the last few I’ve brought home and sold already.

IMG_1555 (resized).jpegIMG_1555 (resized).jpeg
#248 10 months ago

Can't stop playing this one. It has a little bit of everything!

#249 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Can't stop playing this one. It has a little bit of everything!

Gotta say that bass drop and shaker roll as you hit the center tank is one of the most satisfying things in modern pinball…so damn cool.
Congrats!

#250 10 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Gotta say that bass drop and shaker roll as you hit the center tank is one of the most satisfying things in modern pinball…so damn cool.
Congrats!

Yes!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.