(Topic ID: 334148)

Galactic Tank Force Owners Club - Get your ice cream here!

By flynnibus

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,559 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2655 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3898 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3897 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3892 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6997 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 1.42.46?PM (resized).png
IMG_8310 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_220545.jpg
Limewire (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20240417_211315 (resized).jpg
20240416_203138 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #633 Code update details Posted by flynnibus (8 months ago)

Post #991 Tips for registering your game if you get 'invalid serial number' Posted by Yoreland (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.
#1 1 year ago

Courtesy of the Game Exchange… we have our Galactic Tank Force!
E59145BC-AE24-40A1-ACB8-27EFFF7AEFAE (resized).jpegE59145BC-AE24-40A1-ACB8-27EFFF7AEFAE (resized).jpeg

Initial setup was easy… but seems like networking isn’t quite ready…
92A50E3D-4408-4D54-822C-118264FDE592 (resized).jpeg92A50E3D-4408-4D54-822C-118264FDE592 (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I asked AP about internet based software updates. I was told coming soon. It is also runs the Scorebit stuff.

#3 1 year ago

Before oprah image drop.

What game can u compare it to, and how do u like it?

#4 1 year ago

Do you have any other Scorbit games on location? May be interesting to see how many people use it vs the Stern IC game next to it.

#5 1 year ago

Need some decent video and audio of a game if Jack doesn't stream tonight.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Do you have any other Scorbit games on location? May be interesting to see how many people use it vs the Stern IC game next to it.

Toy Story 4 is the other Scorebit game on location at Ocelot Brewing.

#7 1 year ago

Some insider photos

Tilt bob is polished

Switches are pretty stiff… making left orbit and spinner a bit slower than expected

2B526B14-9C1B-41DC-A1E0-3F4B6B8168B6 (resized).jpeg2B526B14-9C1B-41DC-A1E0-3F4B6B8168B6 (resized).jpeg5D88B13E-0E2F-42C5-8029-96BDAA5EC05F (resized).jpeg5D88B13E-0E2F-42C5-8029-96BDAA5EC05F (resized).jpeg6CF62382-9AEA-42B0-B250-DAB172B4064D (resized).jpeg6CF62382-9AEA-42B0-B250-DAB172B4064D (resized).jpegA34D588D-172C-4B20-B21E-08A4F759EAE7 (resized).jpegA34D588D-172C-4B20-B21E-08A4F759EAE7 (resized).jpegADC36848-A09D-4904-9F24-6CA94A2EA6D9 (resized).jpegADC36848-A09D-4904-9F24-6CA94A2EA6D9 (resized).jpegC3D84E75-FDDF-4DEF-A59D-1B075A558C35 (resized).jpegC3D84E75-FDDF-4DEF-A59D-1B075A558C35 (resized).jpegCA26A6C4-A5B1-4126-8C9A-0F8F055B47EC (resized).jpegCA26A6C4-A5B1-4126-8C9A-0F8F055B47EC (resized).jpegE1C97825-3D64-4B21-B1DF-231D19E95CF9 (resized).jpegE1C97825-3D64-4B21-B1DF-231D19E95CF9 (resized).jpeg
#8 1 year ago

What’s the board set?

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What’s the board set?

Looks like proc like other ap games. For driver boards at least

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Nonone uses scorebit… weve had it on gnr and ts4

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Before oprah image drop.
What game can u compare it to, and how do u like it?

Its a hard comparison. Think like sys11 era physics… but with TNA sound and modern lights/effects and something inbetween rules wise. More than wpc… but not as much as sterns

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great, is that the deluxe version?

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Looks great, is that the deluxe version?

Yes.

#14 1 year ago

Yes, someone please stream this… …. The hype thread is an absolute dumpster fire. Even by Pinside standards.

#15 1 year ago

Really looking forward to getting a chance to play one. I like everything I’ve seen so far, including the FMV clips, except for the air ball’s flying over the flippers. I hope they can address that.

#16 1 year ago

It's as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside!

#17 1 year ago

Even more cell video would be great please

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I asked AP about internet based software updates. I was told coming soon.

Oh geez, who said that?

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Oh geez, who said that?

Better check your spam folder, must have missed the email.

#20 1 year ago

TNA’esque sound! That’s exciting. Can’t wait for my LE. So much to look forward to with this pin. A few issues to be ironed out by AP, but we see that with every pin.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Really looking forward to getting a chance to play one. I like everything I’ve seen so far, including the FMV clips, except for the air ball’s flying over the flippers. I hope they can address that.

This is my one worry. Played it 4 times at TPF and two of those times I had a ball shoot from the tank and over the flippers

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

This is my one worry. Played it 4 times at TPF and two of those times I had a ball shoot from the tank and over the flippers

They are prob going to call it a 'unique feature'

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

Simple plastic over the targets would solve most of those issues.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Simple plastic over the targets would solve most of those issues.

I agree. Heard the targets in front of the tank took a beating as well. Will be interesting to see how they hold. Already have my deposit for a Deluxe so I’m in.

#25 1 year ago

people that have machines now, is there a setting for flipper coil power? Can it be lowered at all and still be able to make the ramps? Does it help with airballs?

would tilting the targets forward help?

#26 1 year ago

Yes, as in all American Pinball games, all coil strengths can be adjusted through the menus, including the flippers.

#27 1 year ago

Posted a few minutes ago in the GTF Hype thread....

Ok, all you wanting game play... I've convinced the local streaming crew of oneiPodOnePinball to stream the game tonight!

Targeting 730pm tonight!! Thursday March 30, 2023

https://www.facebook.com/oneipodonepinball

#28 1 year ago

730pm eastern is the target time!

We're rushing a bit to get this together.. so be gentle

#29 1 year ago

Looks like the targets are being bent backwards as there is no support in that area to stop it, the playfield is cut away behind them. Might need a bracket to hold them or a re-design on the current item ??

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 21.54.11 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-30 at 21.54.11 (resized).png
#30 1 year ago

About 2000 Posts back on the other thread someone said AP said at TPF they were going to make a bracket.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

Looks like the targets are being bent backwards as there is no support in that area to stop it, the playfield is cut away behind them. Might need a bracket to hold them or a re-design on the current item ??
[quoted image]

Get these:

https://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=A-18530-6R

Should have put these in from the start.

#32 1 year ago

Looks like the bracket could be a custom item, have to see it closer to confirm though.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 23.07.59 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-30 at 23.07.59 (resized).png
#33 1 year ago
Quoted from ian866:

[quoted image]

Hoping there’s a mod for shield over bank targets there. Severely reduce airballs.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

730pm eastern is the target time!
We're rushing a bit to get this together.. so be gentle

Thank you so much for this! Amazingly appreciated!

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

people that have machines now, is there a setting for flipper coil power? Can it be lowered at all and still be able to make the ramps? Does it help with airballs?
would tilting the targets forward help?

Buy one and find out yourself. Haha

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Buy one and find out yourself. Haha

I did. Just a long wait. They sold 2000 don't you know. My deluxe is after the all-sold-out LE/SE

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I've had that happen a few times on my Stranger Things. Anytime we're battling those close right down the middle targets, we're going to have to deal with playfield dimples, SDTM drains, and such. I still love the game, more than most, but my playfield has taken a beating.

#38 1 year ago

Time to move over here from the dump a deuce thread.

Loved the stream and looking forward to it

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thank you so much for this! Amazingly appreciated!

All the credit to jose and steph for coming out and making it happen on basically no notice. With everyone clamoring for footage I basically begged them to come out and do something. That was at like 230pm today and they both live over an hour away. So over 8hrs of commitment from them today unplanned.

Hope everyone enjoyed the stream. Sorry we didn’t have a studio setup. This is just raw location action

#40 1 year ago

I took a photo of the light bar mounts for those curious

87C989A8-7A7F-4CE0-98B7-2B57619F97FC (resized).jpeg87C989A8-7A7F-4CE0-98B7-2B57619F97FC (resized).jpegF26140B8-E367-47B0-A25A-5F1D653AEBFA (resized).jpegF26140B8-E367-47B0-A25A-5F1D653AEBFA (resized).jpeg
#41 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All the credit to jose and steph for coming out and making it happen on basically no notice. With everyone clamoring for footage I basically begged them to come out and do something. That was at like 230pm today and they both live over an hour away. So over 8hrs of commitment from them today unplanned.
Hope everyone enjoyed the stream. Sorry we didn’t have a studio setup. This is just raw location action

Thx for doing this stream. Very helpful even though I don’t particularly like you personally.

As a future owner I’m happy to see some gameplay.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks for all 3 of you for making it happen. And for coder guy for coming out and explaining the game, and for other coder guy for being in chat. I haven't watched the full VOD yet (will finish later) but as someone who put down a deposit the hour they went on sale, and hasn't been able to tell what the hell has been going on with this game for the last week, this finally calmed me down and confirmed that it is a game I want to own. Even if I have to take out those damn toys to clean up and paint.

Finally I can ascend from the purgatory that is the hype thread and lurk here until my game comes.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I took a photo of the light bar mounts for those curious [quoted image][quoted image]

Is there a reason to do it like that instead of where the art blades go like stern and JJP do with expression lighting. Do they function differently?

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I normally don't watch streaming anything, but was pretty impressed with this! I'm well aware of how loud Ocelot Brewing can be and can't imagine this was easy to pull off with a bunch of other patrons there and regular day to day stuff going on.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Is there a reason to do it like that instead of where the art blades go like stern and JJP do with expression lighting. Do they function differently?

It would fucking blind you. Expression lighting is not as bright, and is meant to accent, not illuminate.

These light bars are more like pinstadium. They are lighting up the playfield. I assume the main reasons to do it this way instead of side of cabinet are:
1. Can lift playfield without removing them
2. Over the playfield a bit instead of all the way off., So the lighting is more direct

#46 1 year ago

The effect of these light rails seems massively superior to the expression lighting from Stern and whatever JJP's are called. Those just seem like an audio graphic equalizer accent or whatever. Cool, but pretty superfluous.

In addition to lifting with the playfield, these also avoid routing out a channel in the cabinet for the lights, and having filler inserts for models without the lights, etc. You could still get mirror blades or any side art you wanted with these lights.

I get the criticism that these might be a little more visible vs the cab-side mounted options, but they don't seem to block anything but visibility of the side rail/cab sides. And then look at an expression light gameplay video vs the one for GTF. Seems worth that trade off - Night and day (pun intended) difference with the lighting impact these have. Plus unlike Pinstadiums these are fully integrated into the game and code from the factory and don't have limited inputs and triggers.

This seems like the best lighting accessory of any pin so far, factory or aftermarket.

Be interesting to see if AP continues using (and improving) these with all future games or not.

#47 1 year ago

I know this is an owner's thread, but thought some here might be interested. On behalf of the charity let me promote a raffle that opens this morning.... the opportunity for a Signature Edition GTF!

Get ready at 10am EST on 3/31 for an out-of-this-world adventure from American Pinball: The Galactic Tank Force Signature Edition Pinball machine raffle! Limited to 200 entries! $200 per entry

Click the link below for a preview of the raffle until it is live. All proceeds benefit the mission and programs of #ProjectPinballCharity. Thank you all!

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/galactic-tank-force-signature-edition-pinball-machine-raffle

#projectpinball #forthekids #forthefamilies #pinballmachineraffles #supportprojectpinball #forpinball #pinballmachinelivedrawing #pinballmachinesforall #fortheloveofpinball #therapeuticpinball #pinballistherapy #nonprofitforpinball #giveaway #projectpinballfundraiser #pinballforall #pinballforkids Pinball #americanpinball #ap-galactic-tank-force-se

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

These are much more intense light sources than expression lights. The mounting on the playfield here verse on the sides allows the moving of the playfield without interference as they move together.

Stern’s lights are inset in the cabinet side which is great for not obstructing anything… but are like lit windows where these are more like flood lights

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I know this is an owner's thread, but thought some here might be interested. On behalf of the charity let me promote a raffle that opens this morning.... the opportunity for a Signature Edition GTF!
Get ready at 10am EST on 3/31 for an out-of-this-world adventure from American Pinball: The Galactic Tank Force Signature Edition Pinball machine raffle! Limited to 200 entries! $200 per entry
Click the link below for a preview of the raffle until it is live. All proceeds benefit the mission and programs of #ProjectPinballCharity. Thank you all!
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/galactic-tank-force-signature-edition-pinball-machine-raffle
#projectpinball #forthekids #forthefamilies #pinballmachineraffles #supportprojectpinball #forpinball #pinballmachinelivedrawing #pinballmachinesforall #fortheloveofpinball #therapeuticpinball #pinballistherapy #nonprofitforpinball #giveaway #projectpinballfundraiser #pinballforall #pinballforkids Pinball #americanpinball #ap-galactic-tank-force-se

Thx Brad! I’m in

#50 1 year ago

Project Pinball raffle of a SE GTF! is at 80% !

C'mon guys and gals. Lets get this over the line. Only 40 spots left !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 1,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.