IMG_3811 (resized).jpeg
D2DC8B7E-170A-42CB-97FE-A7AF45E631F0 (resized).jpeg
p1020394 (resized).jpg
IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
There are 1,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.
#1101 5 months ago
Quoted from Nroye:

What was the process of getting the side rails off like? I'd love to do a powder coat as well!

I used a pair of end nipper pliers to grab and pull the nails out. If the nails were in too deep to grab, I used a small metal paint scrapper, carefully nudged in under the rail & lifted away from the cabinet side enough to be able to grab the nails with the pliers. There are other posts, and you can also Google for videos of others doing it. It was easier than I expected but I would still be cautious.

#1102 5 months ago
Quoted from bnkbryan:

I used a pair of end nipper pliers to grab and pull the nails out. If the nails were in too deep to grab, I used a small metal paint scrapper, carefully nudged in under the rail & lifted away from the cabinet side enough to be able to grab the nails with the pliers. There are other posts, and you can also Google for videos of others doing it. It was easier than I expected but I would still be cautious.

Excellent, thank you. I'll give it a go

#1103 5 months ago
Quoted from Nroye:Excellent, thank you. I'll give it a go

On the hard to move nails. Use a tiny dremel cut off wheel, cut a slot for a small screwdriver on the nail head. If still not budging, carefully grind off the head of the nail with the dremel and remove the side rails. Then use sharp tipped pliers to grab it. Twist and pull. You may need to dig in the wood a bit. That can be wood repaired. The damage will be under the rails anyway. Good Luck!

#1104 5 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:On the hard to move nails. Use a tiny dremel cut off wheel, cut a slot for a small screwdriver on the nail head.

This!

#1105 5 months ago

Older Bally Williams had twist nails. I believe Gottlieb also. WPC which I’m more familiar with used double sided tape.

IMG_0123 (resized).jpegIMG_0123 (resized).jpeg
#1106 4 months ago

Restoration of original glove complete....i know the blood isn't for everyone, but my daughter wanted it on..... I'm already rebuilding the other one i have.....i replaced all the blades..... It was a long process, but i wanted it done well...

IMG20231202083640 (resized).jpgIMG20231202083640 (resized).jpgIMG20231202083702 (resized).jpgIMG20231202083702 (resized).jpgIMG20231202083713 (resized).jpgIMG20231202083713 (resized).jpgIMG20231202083737 (resized).jpgIMG20231202083737 (resized).jpgIMG20231202085221 (resized).jpgIMG20231202085221 (resized).jpgIMG20231202085247 (resized).jpgIMG20231202085247 (resized).jpg
#1107 4 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Restoration of original glove complete....i know the blood isn't for everyone, but my daughter wanted it on..... I'm already rebuilding the other one i have.....i replaced all the blades..... It was a long process, but i wanted it done well...

Glove looks amazing.

1 week later
#1109 4 months ago

Thought I'd share my 2nd, and final, glove restoration...this is the infamous Pinball Customs repro from about 7-8 years ago - some cat named Brock that hasn't been heard from in years....he did a pretty good job in duplicating the original glove, with a more accurate paint scheme, however, he did post a video back then showing how the blades weren't likely to break and very flexible- well they never were as flexible as the video, they did all invariably break off - and much quicker than the originals...but at least he offered an option....and at $75 or so back then - I guess a reasonable one compared to the latest option...and at least I have a spare now!

Matt

IMG20231211081458 (resized).jpgIMG20231211081458 (resized).jpgIMG20231211081522 (resized).jpgIMG20231211081522 (resized).jpgIMG20231211081538 (resized).jpgIMG20231211081538 (resized).jpgIMG20231211081647 (resized).jpgIMG20231211081647 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1110 4 months ago

Some cheap mod I figured would fit and doesn't seem out of place or to big.

Could never justify $50+ for a pair but a new case was found.

**Caution** Seller shipped in a stamped envelope with minimal protection, if arrives jacked up take photo before opening and verify they survived.
ebay.com link: itm

20231219_082833 (resized).jpg20231219_082833 (resized).jpg
#1111 4 months ago

I still have my original pair from when I saw it in theaters

1 week later
#1112 4 months ago

Was bored and added a car and drilled out headlights and put in LEDs.

20231228_190749 (resized).jpg20231228_190749 (resized).jpg
#1113 4 months ago
Quoted from Nroye:

What was the process of getting the side rails off like? I'd love to do a powder coat as well!

It's easy and powdercoating on this game gives it a new life. Takes 10 years off the age easily. Just tap out and save the little nail pins. Then work the rail off with a flat scraper underneath it. Piece of cake.

#1114 3 months ago

I am looking for the complete head assembly for a Freddy . I have a nice playfield and cabinet that was robbed years ago . I know these
are super hard to find . Someone has got a well worn or damaged playfield with one on it .
Thanks Scott

1 week later
#1115 3 months ago

Freddy sound boards are on the way to Canada to get fixed. That means I can add some more "stuff" to Freddy.

Found this to add to the inside of the boiler to give it a flame effect. Has 3 lighting modes: Flame beating/always on and breath flashing.

s-l1200 (resized).jpgs-l1200 (resized).jpg

Also bought this:
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

And of course had to get a tiny remote:
remote (resized).jpgremote (resized).jpg remote2 (resized).jpgremote2 (resized).jpg

My question is I am looking at a NECA Nightmare On Elm Street Accessory Set JUST for the TV with the Freddy head and arms. Does anyone have the NECA TV? I'm just curious if I can open it and install my 1" OLED TV screen in it? I bought a dollhouse tv to install it in but I think the Freddy head TV would be SO much cooler, just not sure I want to spend 100.00 on a set JUST for a TV and it won't fit.
TV4 (resized).jpgTV4 (resized).jpg

Thanks! Can't wait to get everything installed and going.

Added lighted purple flipper buttons already.

And ordered a NOS Translite from Robert Englund himself, it will be signed "What's wrong, no balls?" Freddy/Robert and I added a picture of him signing it. Can't wait to get that!

Never selling this machine. It's my wife's for 1 and for 2 as much as she's put into it we'd have to ask 11,000.00 LOL

#1116 3 months ago

Just got this in my email. The translite is going out in the mail today so should get it soon. AWESOME!!freddy (resized).jpgfreddy (resized).jpg

#1117 3 months ago
Quoted from Lowaek:

Just got this in my email. The translite is going out in the mail today so should get it soon. AWESOME!![quoted image]

Nice!

#1118 3 months ago
Quoted from Lowaek:

Just got this in my email. The translite is going out in the mail today so should get it soon. AWESOME!![quoted image]

I read he signs stuff you send him (as a service), does he do the pic as part of it or that's another add on? Latest conventions locally he's attended, it's been impossible to see him, huge lines and most people get turned away in large part because he spends time with the fans and doesn't rush through them.

I met him many years ago before conventions were a big thing, no major line, and he really was super sweet and talkative, chatted me up for a good while as he was signing and doodling in a book I brought him. Just started talking about the book and going through it, telling story about a part in it, such a good dude.

#1119 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I read he signs stuff you send him (as a service), does he do the pic as part of it or that's another add on? Latest conventions locally he's attended, it's been impossible to see him, huge lines and most people get turned away in large part because he spends time with the fans and doesn't rush through them.
I met him many years ago before conventions were a big thing, no major line, and he really was super sweet and talkative, chatted me up for a good while as he was signing and doodling in a book I brought him. Just started talking about the book and going through it, telling story about a part in it, such a good dude.

Yeah. After we got Freddy wife just googled how to go about getting him to sign something and found his website. Was going to send our translite but found he sells them on his, NOS, so figured that would be even better. The picture is a "add on" but how can you not right? lol. You can add a doodle, etc.

Gotta love the expression and he did a little extra on the phrase we asked for so that's pretty cool. I'm sure he gets tons of requests and I think it speaks of his character in the picture, he could have just smiled holding it up or hell just held it up for the pic, lol.

It's pretty neat you met him before the whole convention thing blew up and he was so personable especially when you read about other stars being such dicks to their fans. And if you think about it most of the "new" generation have no idea who he is or who he played, lol

#1120 3 months ago
Quoted from Lowaek:

Yeah. After we got Freddy wife just googled how to go about getting him to sign something and found his website. Was going to send our translite but found he sells them on his, NOS, so figured that would be even better. The picture is a "add on" but how can you not right? lol. You can add a doodle, etc.
Gotta love the expression and he did a little extra on the phrase we asked for so that's pretty cool. I'm sure he gets tons of requests and I think it speaks of his character in the picture, he could have just smiled holding it up or hell just held it up for the pic, lol.
It's pretty neat you met him before the whole convention thing blew up and he was so personable especially when you read about other stars being such dicks to their fans. And if you think about it most of the "new" generation have no idea who he is or who he played, lol

He's apparently still super nice and takes his sweet time with fans. Know a couple who waited a long time recently to see him and he spent a good 5 min with them just chatting away as he signed stuff and no one tries to hurry you along. He apparently is not into that and it's his choice that he goes at his own speed unlike other cons where they rush you through like a conveyer belt. It just makes it hard for folks to meet him, local event this past Oct had folks in line for 4+hrs to be told that they would not get their chance and turned away. It's crazy how things have become with conventions

#1121 3 months ago
Quoted from Lowaek:

Freddy sound boards are on the way to Canada to get fixed. That means I can add some more "stuff" to Freddy.
Found this to add to the inside of the boiler to give it a flame effect. Has 3 lighting modes: Flame beating/always on and breath flashing.
[quoted image]
Also bought this:
[quoted image] [quoted image]
And of course had to get a tiny remote:
[quoted image] [quoted image]
My question is I am looking at a NECA Nightmare On Elm Street Accessory Set JUST for the TV with the Freddy head and arms. Does anyone have the NECA TV? I'm just curious if I can open it and install my 1" OLED TV screen in it? I bought a dollhouse tv to install it in but I think the Freddy head TV would be SO much cooler, just not sure I want to spend 100.00 on a set JUST for a TV and it won't fit.
[quoted image]
Thanks! Can't wait to get everything installed and going.
Added lighted purple flipper buttons already.
And ordered a NOS Translite from Robert Englund himself, it will be signed "What's wrong, no balls?" Freddy/Robert and I added a picture of him signing it. Can't wait to get that!
Never selling this machine. It's my wife's for 1 and for 2 as much as she's put into it we'd have to ask 11,000.00 LOL

Its possible, just not with the tv you have. I got this one off Amazon.

IMG_6284 (resized).jpegIMG_6284 (resized).jpeg

Its the perfect size for my NECA Primetime Freddy.
I did have to cut the arms down right before the hinge to make them fit. And the antennas needed to be cut down so they wouldn't hit the glass.

IMG_6258.jpegIMG_6258.jpeg

It plugs right in under the playfield and turns on/off with the pinball machine.

IMG_6237.jpegIMG_6237.jpeg

Plus there are other props in that NECA set you might be able to work into the playfield, like this puppet Freddy that fit perfect in front of the house.

IMG_6253.jpegIMG_6253.jpeg

IMG_6267.jpegIMG_6267.jpeg

IMG_6277.jpegIMG_6277.jpeg

#1122 3 months ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

[quoted image]
I did have to cut the arms down right before the hinge to make them fit. And the antennas needed to be cut down so they wouldn't hit the glass.
[quoted image]
It plugs right in under the playfield and turns on/off with the pinball machine.
[quoted image]
Plus there are other props in that NECA set you might be able to work into the playfield, like this puppet Freddy that fit perfect in front of the house.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks awesome!!

THANK YOU!!!!!! That's what I needed to know. I actually had that one in my cart on Amazon. I think I'm going to go with that one. The one I ordered I can use in another game like Addams, etc.

Again thank you! I just didn't want to spend that much on a "toy" set if it wouldn't work, so I appreciate you replying!!

#1123 3 months ago

Ordered both the TV and the NECA Set from Amazon!

#1124 3 months ago

A little bit much, but given the theme it fits. I’m digging the art blades from tilt.

IMG_4038 (resized).jpegIMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
#1125 3 months ago
Quoted from Marshall_ry:

A little bit much, but given the theme it fits. I’m digging the art blades from tilt.
[quoted image]

Hey the sweater pattern is a nice touch.

1 month later
#1126 53 days ago

I recently picked up a Freddy. It’s overall in decent unshopped condition. It should clean up well except for a tear in the Mylar in the middle of the playfield. I’m not sure how to address this other than leaving or removing it.

Has anyone replayed the Mylar on their Freddy? If so, any issues with paint loss or insert damage?

IMG_1417 (resized).jpegIMG_1417 (resized).jpeg

#1127 53 days ago

Personally, I wouldn’t chance it. I believe others have attempted on System 3’s and it will most likely pull the paint off.

#1128 52 days ago

I am looking for a set of the speaker grills/inserts. Does anyone know where I can get a pair? Thanks!

p1020394 (resized).jpgp1020394 (resized).jpg
#1129 50 days ago
Quoted from Bennyv07:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Amazing! Can you show us your whole updated playfield?

2 weeks later
#1130 35 days ago

Nothing goes hand in hand like being at Disneys Coronado Springs resort and picking up a Nightmare on Elm Street 20 miles away and sticking it on the rear luggage carrier of a Ford Excursion…

D2DC8B7E-170A-42CB-97FE-A7AF45E631F0 (resized).jpegD2DC8B7E-170A-42CB-97FE-A7AF45E631F0 (resized).jpeg

#1131 35 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Nothing goes hand in hand like being at Disneys Coronado Springs resort and picking up a Nightmare on Elm Street 20 miles away and sticking it on the rear luggage carrier of a Ford Excursion…
[quoted image]

I’m guessing this was the one posted for sale on pinside in FL? It looked immaculate. I was tempted to pay the shipping to get it to Chicago.

#1132 35 days ago

Yea is that the Pinball Dudes freddy that recently sold? Thing was a beauty

#1133 35 days ago

[quoted image]

What year was this pic taken? I love it

#1134 35 days ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m guessing this was the one posted for sale on pinside in FL? It looked immaculate. I was tempted to pay the shipping to get it to Chicago.

No, I saw that one but this one was on marketplace near Disney.

Quoted from finnflash:

What year was this pic taken? I love it

Yesterday, lol

#1135 35 days ago

[quoted image]

Bet you got a lot of honks on the way home!

#1136 35 days ago

Can anyone tell me the proper position for the diverter behind Freddy’s head? Where’s it supposed to be at game start? I can move it by hand with a little force because the nut must be loose, I’m getting some ball hang ups behind it, and it’s not doing what it should when I need to collect a “Freddy” (opto works, but it’s supposed to go into the head by the diverter to register a Freddy hit)

Thanks

#1137 34 days ago

The default position is to the back of the machine, you should be able to loop it to the pops from the middle entry- when it's qualified the diverter will let the ball get to the Vuk in the back left portion and back to the flipper.

#1138 32 days ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

I still haven't figured out the Kruegerand collections and what the point of trading them in for items does. The drop targets giving you one or more "power ups" prior to entering the next nightmare is pretty cool, but not really deep enough and doesn't really change the mode too much. (Alarm, Extra Power, etc...)
This game really has a lot of potential with enhanced code, but doesn't have a big enough following to get a Freddy 2.0 project off the ground. Although if I ever felt motivated enough to mess with a p-roc I think Freddy would be a good pin to try it on.

I’ve played this game pretty extensively and have to say I feel the code is actually pretty solid overall, in fact I really like the code as it sits. You have to like an untraditional Gottlieb system 3 for one, which many do not.
A game like Waterworld? That code is wonky as hell, and just wasn’t what I expected or fun after a bit.

There is a flow to NOES, and I never find myself at a dull moment of what to shoot next. There’s always something. Krugergards are worth collecting either trading in for souls, Dream Warriors (50+) extra ball or Freddy three ball. Definitely fun to shoot for through the pops or during Freddy three ball (bashing the furnace door gives you more)
If you can get to the shop early and trade for ten souls, you carry those for your next balls end bonus, while able to collect and build more Krugergards.
It’s this type of gaming of risk reward that I enjoy to both see how many I can get combined with souls, and I love how the pop bumpers are also your bonus, so essentially three to four different bonuses (if you include 10 mill for an unused claw)

To me the game almost feels perfect for what it is. That’s not to say you couldn’t polish a few things maybe, but hitting Freddy shots, capturing Freddy for big points and hitting jackpots doesn’t really get old, and the game feels pretty balanced in the scoring department, even when hitting Supers in Dream Warriors mode, which is pretty awesome. (Plus there’s a few lesser seen secret modes sprinkled in, like Freddy three ball, where you smack the furnace over and over again)
A good glove shot to the captive ball on tournament mode for 25 million is also super satisfying.
A wide open left drain without your kickback lit also keeps things harder. Not too easy, not too hard, the game feels right on. Getting a billion + is not all that easy.

Bottom line, there are some definite hidden gems in the Gottlieb pinball realm that are often overlooked, and Nightmare on Elm Street might just be at the top of that list. It’s criminally underrated in my opinion.
I guess those that own the game and seek it out know what I mean, if you know, you know

#1139 32 days ago

I never can get into the kreugerand shop in the first place. It feels so hard to do

#1140 31 days ago

I never can get into the kreugerand shop in the first place. It feels so hard to do

Not hard at all, but you have to have at least 10 Kreugerand, and it has to be from the right inlane, and the next shot through the pops.

#1141 31 days ago

So the ball goes in right outlane and then through the pops? Up the left or you mean getting it off the upper flipper between the pops? Not sure where the switch hit counts are for it.

#1142 31 days ago

So the ball goes in right outlane and then through the pops? Up the left or you mean getting it off the upper flipper between the pops? Not sure where the switch hit counts are for it.

Yes right inlane then right flipper through the pops, into that set of optos and the diverter with elite it to the back of the head to open the shop.

Also, bigger ways to get Krugerand is to hit the captive ball when it’s flashing. Just hitting it will qualify it, do this a few times and you can get a fat stash pretty quick.

#1143 31 days ago

Also, bigger ways to get Krugerand is to hit the captive ball when it’s flashing. Just hitting it will qualify it, do this a few times and you can get a fat stash pretty quick.

When I play with my sons - sometimes someone will go for stacking K's and try to pull massive comebacks with the bonus that counts after ball 3. Be down 30-40 mil and make it on the krugerands and souls saved.

#1144 31 days ago

Dumb question. It appears the game has a tournament mode and a regular mode. How do you get it out of tournament mode? When I put the switch off of tournament mode nothing happens. I can’t play the game. Any ideas?

#1145 31 days ago

It’s criminally underrated in my opinion.
I guess those that own the game and seek it out know what I mean, if you know, you know

Agreed. Now we just need a ColorDMD to go with the game. Then it would take this criminally underrated game to Prime Time.

#1146 28 days ago

Yes right inlane then right flipper through the pops, into that set of optos and the diverter with elite it to the back of the head to open the shop.

Yea it's strange, having the game 7 years I think I've only seen the shop twice in my lifetime.

#1147 26 days ago

Only thing I’m confused about in the rules really, is what is the significance of the drop targets? I have my game set to tournament mode, but I don’t see the drops doing much regardless except for needing to hit them for the second mode?

#1148 26 days ago

Finished my Freddy a few weeks ago. Mylar was successfully removed. Had no choice but to attempt to remove it. Has a floating playfield protector now in lieu of the Mylar.

IMG_3809 (resized).jpegIMG_3809 (resized).jpegIMG_3810 (resized).jpegIMG_3810 (resized).jpegIMG_3811 (resized).jpegIMG_3811 (resized).jpeg
#1149 26 days ago
Quoted from cjs001:

Finished my Freddy a few weeks ago. Mylar was successfully removed. Had no choice but to attempt to remove it. Has a floating playfield protector now in lieu of the Mylar.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that was risky, but looks great!

#1150 26 days ago

Only thing I’m confused about in the rules really, is what is the significance of the drop targets? I have my game set to tournament mode, but I don’t see the drops doing much regardless except for needing to hit them for the second mode?

Outside of 10mil for hitting all three, I don't think they do anything else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,400 (OBO)
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.