IMG_3811 (resized).jpeg
D2DC8B7E-170A-42CB-97FE-A7AF45E631F0 (resized).jpeg
p1020394 (resized).jpg
IMG_1417 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6267.jpeg
IMG_6258.jpeg
There are 1,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.
#1 8 years ago

Love the franchise and love this underrated pinball machine!

All fans welcome! Let's share some info, insights, game-plays... anything!

20141115_213800.jpg20141115_213800.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Hey, glad to see this pop up! I actually just posted a thread about my Freddy acting goofy (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-troubles-with-freddy-boiler-room-nightmare-on-elm-street), but love the pin. I haven't played through the final nightmare yet, but have been trying to work toward it.

I used the same Elm Street sign as my topper as well. It looks great (and was only $6 on amazon!). I also just threw in a black eye pinball for the trapped ball and am really happy with how it turned out:

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg
#3 8 years ago

I'm hoping to pick one up at some point, the artwork on this is just awesome.

#4 8 years ago

I'd agree that it's underrated (may not get much chance with the love it or hate it theme), but it's certainly not a top tier machine. Bit too easy with longer ball times than I prefer for regular play (pretty much have to give up to not get through all the nightmares at least once). Glad to have it as my second machine though and I don't intend to sell it anytime soon, if ever (love Freddy).

Glove error on the sides of the head is somewhat irritating (6 blades).

I currently have an LCD keychain loaded with movie scenes that I plan to build a TV mod for.

Been wearing this costume for a few years now:

Fred.jpgFred.jpg
#5 8 years ago
Quoted from DParcade:

Hey, glad to see this pop up! I actually just posted a thread about my Freddy acting goofy (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/having-troubles-with-freddy-boiler-room-nightmare-on-elm-street), but love the pin. I haven't played through the final nightmare yet, but have been trying to work toward it.
I used the same Elm Street sign as my topper as well. It looks great (and was only $6 on amazon!). I also just threw in a black eye pinball for the trapped ball and am really happy with how it turned out:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hey, saw your post. .. never had that problem with my machine. .. hope it never happens again with you! !!

Some more pics of mine!

20150524_195103.jpg20150524_195103.jpg20150524_195046.jpg20150524_195046.jpg

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'd agree that it's underrated (may not get much chance with the love it or hate it theme), but it's certainly not a top tier machine. Bit too easy with longer ball times than I prefer for regular play (pretty much have to give up to not get through all the nightmares at least once). Glad to have it as my second machine though and I don't intend to sell it anytime soon, if ever (love Freddy).
Glove error on the sides of the head is somewhat irritating (6 blades).
I currently have an LCD keychain loaded with movie scenes that I plan to build a TV mod for.
Been wearing this costume for a few years now:

Fred.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Have to agree with you. ... not my best machine, but I'll never let go. ..

20150524_195739.jpg20150524_195739.jpg20150524_195728.jpg20150524_195728.jpg

2 weeks later
#7 8 years ago

Just switched over to LEDs and it is looking great! I'm not able to figure out how to get Freddy's head off to change those bulbs though, and I don't want to get too rough with it. Has anybody removed Freddy's head, and if so..how?

#8 8 years ago

Take off the black plate in front of the head, above the soul target, two screws. Then there are two more screws on the left of the head near the upper pop bumper you need to remove to take the head off.

PC030019.JPGPC030019.JPG

#9 8 years ago

Twin Freddy machines.. taken around Nov. 2002..

PB180017.JPGPB180017.JPG
3 weeks later
#10 8 years ago

Unfortunately, a playfield hanging on the wall means one less pinball in the world!

20150701_160717.jpg20150701_160717.jpg20150701_160704.jpg20150701_160704.jpg20150701_160650.jpg20150701_160650.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Wow a playfield in in very good condition, if you ever want to sell it I would like one for my freddy pin as it's in poor shape
Very cool wall art tho ...

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from garpow:

Wow a playfield in in very good condition, if you ever want to sell it I would like one for my FREDDY pin as it's in poor shape
Very cool wall art tho ...

Make your offer

#13 8 years ago

I dare not can you tell what you would consider if this works out then brill as I have been searching for ages

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from garpow:

I dare not can you tell what you would consider if this works out then brill as I have been searching for ages

Well, I'll give it a thought and let you know!

1 week later
#15 8 years ago

Just joined the club today, mine needs some cleaning and LED's badly. I like how TNT chose their lighting colors

#16 8 years ago

Freddy was my first dmd pin six years ago and the machine that started my pinball obsession. Loved the Freddy theme and this game was in excellent cosmetic condition, but the playfield was worn and flaking. Have had paint touch ups on the playfield and now you only notice the wear if you are looking for it.

Lately I've considered selling it as I feel I am getting good scores (better than my other games), but look at how good the overall condition is and love the cool horror theme in my line up. Compared to the other freddy games I've played and what pops up on ebay, mine feels fresh.

My question to other owners, what leds can I use? I bought bulk leds from Pinball Life last year and there was a disclaimer on the page saying they might not work correctly with Gottlieb System 3 games like Freddy. I haven't gotten around to actually trying them. Has anyone tried these in their Freddy?

Cheers!
Adam.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

My question to other owners, what leds can I use? I bought bulk leds from Pinball Life last year and there was a disclaimer on the page saying they might not work correctly with Gottlieb System 3 games like FREDDY. I haven't gotten around to actually trying them. Has anyone tried these in their FREDDY?

looks like gottlieb is very susceptible to ghosting.

ablaze-1 (being only DC) doesn't work in controlled lighting at all
ablaze-3 works, but ghosts
Titan pinball bulbs ghost about the same

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Just joined the club today, mine needs some cleaning and LED's badly. I like how TNT chose their lighting colors

Nice to meet you today Joe. I hope things work out with the Freddy. I'm not a big fan of LEDs but this game seems like one where it would really enhance the overall look of the game. It also defintely needs to be cleaned but hopefully it won't be too bad of a job for you.

Dave

#19 8 years ago

created instruction cards today (page format is 8" x 10.5")
freddy_instruction_cards.jpgfreddy_instruction_cards.jpg

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

created instruction cards today (page format is 8" x 10.5")
freddy_instruction_cards.jpg

Wow, thank you so much! Finally some nice beautiful cards to replace those graceless original ones... Man, truly appreciated!

#21 8 years ago

Just picked mine up today. It's hip and in awesome shape. I love it already.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#22 8 years ago

Sorry hip was supposed to be HUO

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Sorry hip was supposed to be HUO

Nice collection, congrats! Who doesn't love Haunted House?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Nice collection, congrats! Who doesn't love Haunted House?

Thanks, HH is my personal favorite pin. Although I'm really diggin freedy it's seriously underrated in my opinion. Sound effects are awesome.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Thanks, HH is my personal favorite pin. Although I'm really diggin freedy it's seriously underrated in my opinion. Sound effects are awesome.

Totally agree regarding Freddy's sound effects! (You're sick, Krueger!)

Did you know HH has a brazilian "clone" called Haunted Hotel?

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5704):

#26 8 years ago

Yes I seen the haunted hotel. Really trying to get my hands on Addams family.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Yes I seen the haunted hotel. Really trying to get my hands on Addams Family.

c795e0a8057ee8e39ed0fdd70def8f2f.jpgc795e0a8057ee8e39ed0fdd70def8f2f.jpg

Yeah, TAF is also an awesome game!

b3265a135bdac8c95fff6d4594124a70.jpgb3265a135bdac8c95fff6d4594124a70.jpg

#28 8 years ago

73436efa65623baec8486721b1f71d76.jpg73436efa65623baec8486721b1f71d76.jpg

#29 8 years ago

Boy does freddy brighten up with full LED (the dark playfield needs it). Really pops now. I used pinball life ghostbusters for all the controlled lighting, and titan colored bulbs (red in back, purple in front) for the GI. I still have a couple to swap out to color (ran out of colored bulbs, more are coming tomorrow). There's one clear insert in the upper right that needs a toned down colored bulb badly, it's like a flasher when it's in that mode. Anyway, here's a short video:

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Boy does FREDDY brighten up with full LED (the dark playfield needs it). Really pops now. I used pinball life ghostbusters for all the controlled lighting, and titan colored bulbs (red in back, purple in front) for the GI. I still have a couple to swap out to color (ran out of colored bulbs, more are coming tomorrow). There's one clear insert in the upper right that needs a toned down colored bulb badly, it's like a flasher when it's in that mode. Anyway, here's a short video:
» YouTube video

Beautiful!

#31 8 years ago

Wow, it's really starting to come into focus! Good job!

Dave

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

future LCD mod?
» YouTube video

That's a really good spot to place a mod! The LCD is surely a blast!

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

future LCD mod?
» YouTube video

Love the lcd screen. hopefully I can start modding mine as soon as the summer is over.

#35 8 years ago

I'm working on a new Freddy head sculpt to replace the stock one. It will be a direct replacement, but will look more authentic to the movies and Robert Englund's face and will not have a hat sculpted on. I think the burned skin and bald head will look much better. It will also have a custom matching jaw piece, although to begin with I may re-use the existing jaw. I'll post some photos when the sculpt is closer to being completed.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from TheKreator:

I'm working on a new FREDDY head sculpt to replace the stock one. It will be a direct replacement, but will look more authentic to the movies and Robert Englund's face and will not have a hat sculpted on. I think the burned skin and bald head will look much better. It will also have a custom matching jaw piece, although to begin with I may re-use the existing jaw. I'll post some photos when the sculpt is closer to being completed.

Lovely, make it 2, please!

#37 8 years ago

Proud member!

#38 8 years ago

I replaced my translite and ramp.. translite has a small burn in one of the souls, ramp is fairly clear with a slight spidering near the rivets. If anyone needs either of these they can have them for cost of shipping.

#39 8 years ago

Sharing a scan of my signed flyer!

Freddy Flyer - Robert Englund - Front.jpgFreddy Flyer - Robert Englund - Front.jpg

#40 8 years ago

And here the CoA, bitch...

Freddy Flyer - Robert Englund - Back.jpgFreddy Flyer - Robert Englund - Back.jpg

#41 8 years ago

freddy toppers are on sale for $20 on amazon right now, get em before their gone!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZQRFBW

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

FREDDY toppers are on sale for $20 on amazon right now, get em before their gone!
amazon.com link »

That's a great deal! I ordered one earlier this year when the price was under $80 and certain pinball web stores were trying to sell it for $300... It's definitely worth it, especially at $20!

It is made of rigid urethane foam, so it's light weight, but solid. The glove is basically the rubber blades from the Halloween glove glued to the molded hand, but can easily be modified to look better if needed. I may grab another one just because the head is actually really well done which is rare in the mass produced Halloween industry.

#43 8 years ago

Wow, it jumped back to $67! I think perhaps amazon messed up. I should have ordered like 4

#44 8 years ago

New video.. did the rest of the LED's and flashers. I've got my LCD mod done

The face is the same TV as from the death scene where the girl dies "welcome to primetime B*tch".

If anyone is interested in the LED mod let me know. I'm thinking $120.
Specs:
3.5" LCD
640 x 480 resolution
runs off raspberry pi, easily updatable by changing out the .h264 video on the usb stick

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

New video.. did the rest of the LED's and flashers. I've got my LCD mod done
» YouTube video
The face is the same TV as from the death scene where the girl dies "welcome to primetime B*tch".
» YouTube video
Specs:
3.5" LCD
640 x 480 resolution
runs off raspberry pi, easily updatable by changing out the .h264 video on the usb stick

Lovely..... I'll surely give it a thought! Would you mind sharing more pics?

#46 8 years ago

Got this Halloween yard ornament as a topper!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Specs:
3.5" LCD
640 x 480 resolution

Definitely interested! I've been planning to put one together for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. The raspberry pi is awesome for this kind of stuff and the TV is a perfect fit for this game!

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Would you mind sharing more pics?

20150803_205335.jpg20150803_205335.jpg
20150803_205346.jpg20150803_205346.jpg

Quoted from TheKreator:

Definitely interested! I've been planning to put one together for a while, but haven't gotten around to it. The raspberry pi is awesome for this kind of stuff and the TV is a perfect fit for this game!

Right now, I'm powering it off of a 12V plug, which means if the machine is plugged in, the display is on (not entirely convenient, though I unplug or turn off power strips when I'm not playing). Ideally I'd like to simply tap into the existing 12V printer accessory cable that isn't being used, but I'd have to find a female connector to make it easy plug-n-play. Just sort of throwing out a price right now (don't think that price will change, if anything it might lower by $5-10).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,400 (OBO)
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freddy-nightmare-on-elm-street-owners-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.