foo-fighters-topper-3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240506_230529124 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240506_230512308 (resized).jpg
foobot_parts (resized).JPG
IMG_2581 (resized).jpeg
440414744_1829423824224346_3524390948754352053_n (resized).jpg
foofighterstool3 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #267 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Overdrive/Ballsave behavior on a Pro Posted by Mike_M (1 year ago)

Post #890 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Spinner triggering constantly at rest fix Posted by Aniraf (1 year ago)

Post #1103 GOODIE BAG: PRO. Contents of the goodie bag on Foo Fighters Pro Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1221 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Neon Green Ball in captive ball area Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1323 TECH:SOUND. Sound improvement tips with stock setup. Posted by snaroff (1 year ago)

Post #1332 TECH:SYSTEM. Fix for frozen game after update. Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #1440 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Adjustment for spinner falling off. Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1452 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Overlord latch adjustment Posted by Westcb (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrcmlc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12393 54 days ago

In the club. Code update made fun game even more fun. I had a 2M point game earlier. I am bad at pinball.

PXL_20240322_025123457 (resized).jpgPXL_20240322_025123457 (resized).jpg
#12411 53 days ago

I just put up 275M.

Is there a setting now that we're on 1.0 that makes it stop talking about the spinner and whatever else?

#12429 53 days ago

I'll take whatever I can get. #badatpinball

Lol

Quoted from Kkoss24:So are we going to start handicapping scores by age?

#12443 52 days ago

I can't comment on shaker on previous code as I updated immediately after setting it up, but I don't feel like it's lacking at all, it seems fully integrated as it should.....be eager to hear other opinions but I'm happy with it.

#12570 47 days ago

I replaced all of mine before I ever turned it on and my answer was to not do those. LOL, or the one post on the right buried under everything.

Quoted from itsjustinkelly:

Working on replacing all of the rubber - what is the consensus on the most efficient way to get to the three under the overlord on a pro?

#12687 41 days ago

What does everyone have their shooter power set to? Mine seems a bit weak with the angle I have the game set to.

#12690 41 days ago

This is basically my deal, need to look deeper but for the time being I've just turned up the power lol.

Quoted from EtzEtz:Stock in mine is 210. That used to be just fine (at my 6.5 degree pitch) but lately something got a bit out of whack and I was getting alot of balls rattling up or colliding with posts. And if they did go up, it rarely had enough momentum to make it around.
I tried upping the power to 235 and now it’s back to like 9 out of 10.
I think my real problem is in the shooter fork prongs or maybe in the metal V launch ramp, but more power was a quicker fix until I have the time to look closer at the other parts.

#12725 40 days ago

I ended up turning mine all the way up and it still won't make the loop anymore. Something is borked

Quoted from EtzEtz:Stock in mine is 210. That used to be just fine (at my 6.5 degree pitch) but lately something got a bit out of whack and I was getting alot of balls rattling up or colliding with posts. And if they did go up, it rarely had enough momentum to make it around.
I think my real problem is in the shooter fork prongs or maybe in the metal V launch ramp, but more power was a quicker fix until I have the time to look closer at the other parts.

#12730 40 days ago

Will check it.

Quoted from bwalter:Worth mentioning that the guide rail for the shooter lane is adjustable. When I installed all new rubbers/rings everywhere I found that mine was actually loose! Tightened that up after tweaking the position a bit and now my auto-plunges are more reliable.

#12764 40 days ago

I got a couple 100M+ but nothing epic, seems like it talks to you less.

#12935 34 days ago

You can turn that off.

Quoted from golfingdad1:I really liked code 1.0
I wasn't going to update to 1.01 until things were fixed and then update to 1.02 but the machine did it all by itself .

#12938 34 days ago

Yes you can manually flash it back to the older code.

Quoted from golfingdad1:Can I ever go back to older code ? If I wanted to .

#12989 34 days ago

My foo just updated, scared the shit out of me rebooting behind me lol

#12993 33 days ago

foobot has returned it seems

#12994 33 days ago

Turns out mine might be a different issue. My first 3 or 4 launches go right up the ramp and around nicely, then it gets weaker and weaker with each shot, so it's not an adjustment issue.

#13025 33 days ago

I fixed this on mine tonight, I think.
My auto plunger was sloppy loose, I tightened and aligned it and I'm back to 45 out of 50 making it up the ramp with power set back down to 210.

Quoted from tiltmonkey:Hey folks,
So, who can point me in the right direction on this matter? My ball launching, whether full plunge or using the action button is highly inconsistent. It makes it up the ramp maybe 40% of the time. The other times it skims the UFO captive ball or hits the post/target on either side of the ramp.
I've messed with the adjustment outlined by fooflighter in post 2462. I've tried adjusting to both ends of the adjustment range with some stops in between. Sometimes I can get it so that it auto-plunges 20 out of 20 times, but then I put the glass back on and it's out of whack again.
I will say that the auto-plunger fork, when the ball is sitting in the shooter lane ready to go, only the left tine is touching the ball and the right tine is maybe a half millimeter away -- I'm not sure if this could be causing the trouble. I'm not as concerned with the manual plunger, but I would expect the auto-plunger to be able to shoot it up the ramp nearly 100% of the time (as it has on games I've played on location)
My game is sitting at a pitch of about 6.8, give or take a tenth of a degree, and the auto-plunger power is at 225.
Anyone have any suggestions?
- Sad FF Premium owner

#13027 33 days ago

Really I think they confused the by voice with the LA voice, I hope it gets fixed but it's not the end of the world. Just odd.

Quoted from bicyclenut:The New York voice is find to be fine. Nothing special, gets the job done. Id rather have what we have then nothing. But what i think what would have been cool is a slight nod to the movie The Warriors and have a sultry DJ like in the movie do something like that.

#13035 33 days ago

There is a setting in the adjustments but I think it's default is on.

Quoted from JSC:Installed the topper today but it doesn’t do anything. Is there a setting to to run it on that I am missing, doesn’t light up or anything. I can move its head in the test menu so I know it’s getting power.

#13079 31 days ago

I have determined that this is an issue on mine as well.

Quoted from Sonics99:Since people are talking about the auto plunge. Mine works pretty consistently now. The only issue I ever have is the shaker motor going off at the same time as the auto plunge and it completely jacks it up. Not sure there is a way to fix that. Guess I can try to turn the motor down.

#13082 31 days ago

I really thought I had mine fixed, I had trough test running and was cylcing balls as fast as it would plunge them after I tightened everything...after 100 and 98 made it, I called it good. Now I've figured out that I had 2 issues, one was everything was loose and 2 is if the shaker vibrates during launch it's AFU.
I can't fix that 2nd thing. LOL

Quoted from drum412:When i was at MGC last week, I played on a bunch of the Foo Pins, and none of them plunged nice, nor did the auto-plunge work worth a damn......makes me feel better that mine works a little better. When I first got mine NIB last summer, both manual and auto plunge worked flawlessly for about 2 weeks, but after that, the auto plunge has always had a mind of it's own. I have the manual plunge pretty good and it's consistent, with just an occasional plunge that doesn't go toward the ramp. The auto plunge, i've tweeked and adjusted to wazoo, and sometimes it'll work great for a few games, then it'll just seamingly go weak or shoot at weird angles and stay that way, and barely even get the ball to the bottom of the ramp. I've cleaned and replaced coil sleeves, tried every adjustment of the shooter fork, and still get the same results......just strange on this game. I've just learned to live with it now.

#13092 31 days ago

Do you have a shaker?

Quoted from tilted81:All I did was bend one of the ears inward slightly for the auto plunger. For manual I had to realign the plunger some as it was off center, and then push inward that ball guide Maybee a mm. My auto works 100% the manual at full plunge is prolly only 85-90 but who full plunges anymore? I’m always short plunging for the drops.

#13113 30 days ago

I have now determined that it's not the shaker and it's not that it was loose. I have no idea other than maybe the coil is shit or something else is hosed....Mine won't make it up the ramp AT ALL now. I just did 50 rounds of the trough test and zero worked correctly, haven't changed anything since it worked fine yesterday, so I dunno. Manual plunge works 100%

Quoted from EtzEtz:

When the ball is sitting at launch position move it up a tiny bit with a toothpick so you know it’s centered in its happy spot in the groove. As you let it lower to the launcher forks, does it come into contact with them evenly or does one touch first and then the other, if the latter, the ball could be shifting to one side as you launch messing with the aim and robbing power. Try the same process a bit higher up in the groove as you reach under and move the launcher up higher to match. Are the forks touching evenly all the way through the stroke?
I wonder how far apart is optimal for the tines. Like 1/4 of the way in from each side of the ball (spread out so it’s more stable?), or closer to together near the center like 1/3 in from each side (so any deviation has less effect?). Probably the way the launcher fork was designed with all right angles.
Now regardless, there’s all sorts of wiggle & slop in the mechanism so there’s only so much you can do.

Quoted from tilted81:

All I did was bend one of the ears inward slightly for the auto plunger. For manual I had to realign the plunger some as it was off center, and then push inward that ball guide Maybee a mm. My auto works 100% the manual at full plunge is prolly only 85-90 but who full plunges anymore? I’m always short plunging for the drops.

Quoted from Sonics99:

Ah, well, glad it isn’t just me. It’s super annoying. Thankfully it usually is playable when it does it, so not the end of the world. But would be nice if they could adjust that a smidge.

#13252 25 days ago

I can confirm that changing the rubbers under overlord is super easy. I missed them when I first unboxed the game and changed everything out, but it's 3 nuts and one hex spacer, pull overlord up and set him aside behind the wireform, then pull off the clear plastic and take out the other 3 nuts, pull off the plastic and steel assembly and set aside (NOT ON YOUR PLAYFIELD LOL). 3 rubbers under there, think it was a 1 1/2, 1 1/4 and 3/4 but I didn't pay that much attention. Pretty straightforward. I'm sure it was easier for me as I had the entire playfield out as I was installing Wizblades. LOL

PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_205112097 (resized).jpg
#13258 25 days ago

And if anyone wonders what the wizblades look like installed, here they are: I dig them much more than the more plain OEM ones, but everyone likes different stuff, so it's all good either way. I ordered March 22nd, they shipped on the 28th from Portugal, after USPS lost them for a while they arrived 2 days ago.

PXL_20240419_213720588~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_213720588~2 (resized).jpg
#13261 25 days ago

I still didn't change the post that is on the right that's part of the launch adjustment, that thing is a giant pain in the balls to get to, it's staying. LOL

Quoted from VirtualMayhem:Thanks for sharing this - I've had the titan slings in hand for this area and just didn't want to tackle it without knowing what I am doing. Seems pretty straightforward.

#13271 25 days ago

I managed 471M today. I'm so bad at pinball

#13289 24 days ago

My new Stern changes are pretty much the same for every game:..we stock all this in our Pinside store but source it from whomever your preferred vendor is of course.... Polaris or Ninja balls, protective leg washers, smash button bezel, badge frame and cup holder and rubber footies (all color coordinated) in/on.... Shaker (which we also now sell), perfect play silicone rubbers (I have foo complete game kits available now or get these at pbl or titan's version from titan.) and the Kenwood le style speaker kit (from pbl) with our matching colored rings... And a thumb lock. Then blades.

Yes this is promotion of the stuff we offer lol but it's also true that this is my thing for each new game...and a lot of other folks as we'll get orders for all the above together in one order and you can tell someone just got a new game. Lol.

#13297 23 days ago

Not that I've ever heard of. I just updated my Turtles and foo this afternoon and it's as simple as download image, unzip it, open it in pinball browser, write sd, insert sd, turn on. Maybe redownload the file again and double check your process?

Quoted from Kevlar:I've been having a few strange issues with my FF premium I won't go into now but thought I'd try a new SD card so today I wrote a new image on a new card and installed it. However, with the new card my machine finds no node boards ( 1,4,8 & 9 all missing ). Refitting the original card the node boards are found again. Anyone know what's going on here? Does the CPU have to be reset somehow? Both cards have the same code on ( 1.02 ).

#13299 23 days ago

That baloney etcher is the bane of some folks existence to the point that I've never used it. Pinball browser usage is explained in the turtles custom code thread and it's ultra easy, be happy to help you more if you need, just PM me and I can send screenshots etc.

Quoted from Kevlar:Yes it's very straightforward although I used the etcher program stern recommend. It couldn't be easier. I'll try again tomorrow.

#13311 21 days ago

Anyone found a reliable fix to the auto launch?

#13313 21 days ago

manual plunge works 100% of the time, autoplunge works almost never. On mine it's not the adjustment on the lane, that's all fine, there is something hosed in the autolauncher. I've tightened it and adjusted it, thought it was related to the shaker, none of that is it. Reached out to stern, nothing....so figured maybe someone else had solved it.

Quoted from LegoYoda:What's broken? Mine's always been fine after adjusting the exit lane...

#13318 21 days ago

Quite a few people said they were having really similar issues. My other 3 sterns and the 50 or so others I have access to never seem to have an issue, so I assumed it was a short-run of something borked on this game during a certain period of time...linkage, coil, whatever. I'll just manual plunge and deal with it, I've taken it apart and watched it more than it's worth lol

Quoted from EaglePin:

Mine is the opposite. Auto launch is almost 100% but manual is 0%. Auto launch and manual plunge alignment is a machine-by-machine issue. There are many different tweaks that could work, but the adjustment needed on your machine might be different than the adjustment needed on a different machine.
Best idea is to use slow motion video to record plunges, then make adjustments to dial it in based on the ball path you see happening on your machine.

Quoted from blizz81:

I embarked on a slow-mo analysis of my auto-launch recently. Worked fine every time in my attempts to hold my phone and drop a ball back down into the lane and/or test the trough eject coil (which seems to fire at max power vs. what you might have trough eject power set at).
Start a game and have it use my lowered trough eject power and it almost immediately went back to mostly not working. So in my case it seems the way it bounces around due to my changed eject power has an impact on it. (It also looks like the right prong of the auto-launcher isn't even contacting the ball at rest so that's where I'm going next, but just wanted to point out how even trying to perform a slow-mo diagnosis can be challenging)

#13321 21 days ago

LOL 10-4

Quoted from blizz81:Either the other Sterns in question don't have a long ball path that relies more on perfection of an auto plunge, or you are still probably on the luckier side of Stern Autolaunch, as "hey guys my auto launch doesn't work well / doesn't work 100% / doesn't work 80% / etc" posts are almost as common in the owner's threads I've been in as "hey guys should I get the premium or the pro?"

#13341 20 days ago

We have full silicone game kits in our store and can ship overseas easily as we do almost every day. If you want something other than yellow, happy to substitute that as well. I've never had one break, ever.

Quoted from LegoYoda:So, after almost a year of ownership and closing in on 5k games it's time to service Foo. For sure there's some rubbers on the way out (chunks out of them).
Titans... I hear a lot about them but what's the benifit? is it because they LOOK cool ? last longer? Behave differently (which I DONT want). What's the deal all?

#13343 19 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Anyone have pictures of their Foo with a different color band and not black or glow in the dark neon? I have the neon now but looking to change up the color to something else.

PXL_20240419_213500214 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_213500214 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_213507817 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_213507817 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_213720588~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_213720588~2 (resized).jpg
#13386 17 days ago

This one of mine is on concrete and is pretty freaking level and I think what's the most frustrating is that it works about 15% of the time and works when you first start but it's like something loses power or gets tired or hot or who knows. I can't use it and manual plunge now. Lol

Quoted from Kkoss24:Just another thing with the auto. Normally you need to be dead level front and back for sensitive games to have shots work as intended. If you are, try pressing down a bit on the lock bar on the side you need the ball to move toward. This works real good on any carpeted room.

#13415 14 days ago

I have to lower all of mine. #badatpinball

#13417 13 days ago

not at all.

Quoted from jorge5240:Never updated a game through insider connect. Is it hard to do so?

#13419 13 days ago

goddammit I'm bad at pinball

#13421 13 days ago

The more I understand the rules the less fun it is I think. Lol

#13425 13 days ago

Mine is 6 combos

Quoted from StoneyCreek:It's been a few days and no reply to you so likely no one has 'yet' put together a visual of the various combos. One of the best features added with the latest code update was the combotron, which is a mod that starts when you hit 3 band member combos. The combos are detailed via a circular graphic with 6 spots and one in the middle. I am doing my best to figure out which it which is which on the fly, and a visual map with band member names would be most helpful. Perhaps I'll take a stab.

#13429 13 days ago

This is the 3rd time I've had a ball stuck here. Anyone else?

PXL_20240502_000754250 (resized).jpgPXL_20240502_000754250 (resized).jpgPXL_20240502_000758404 (resized).jpgPXL_20240502_000758404 (resized).jpg
#13433 13 days ago

Hmm. Switch production from behind the raptor stuck ball fixer to the overlord left band ball stuck fixer. Lol

#13436 13 days ago

It's not ALL in the nudging... I beat mine like it owes me trick money and still 450M

#13450 12 days ago

I beat mine like it talked back today and still only got 300M

#13452 12 days ago

I posted this previously...these are wizblades. I prefer them and am super happy with their stuff as always.

Quoted from CoolAFArcade:Has any Pro owner installed the art blades yet? Are you satisfied with how they look once installed? Or have you gone with a third party option? I'm still on the fence on which ones to order...! I was a bit disappointed on the design once they were released, but now I feel like something is lacking in my game!

PXL_20240419_213720588~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20240419_213720588~2 (resized).jpg
#13456 12 days ago

I finessed mine today like it pissed on my floor and still only 300M

Quoted from Wade:It takes some finesse!

#13461 12 days ago

Mine rolls back and I didn't know there was a magnet in there.

Quoted from golfingdad1:Is the Overlord magnet supposed to throw the ball back at you with force like sparky in Metallica?
Is there a setting for that ?

#13467 11 days ago

WTF am I looking at

Quoted from ibdaddyP:MY Wife and I Excited for Friday Night Pinball with Foo !! Paying for High Ticket items. Hope Our Jaws LE Barrel doesn't fall off the shooter tonight also.
[quoted image]

#13470 11 days ago

Alright...so "MY Wife and I Excited for Friday Night Pinball with Foo !! Paying for High Ticket items. Hope Our Jaws LE Barrel doesn't fall off the shooter tonight also."

equals

my fancy stern shooter knob broke

I understand now, sorry.

Quoted from ibdaddyP:

jrcmlc [quoted image]

#13493 8 days ago

?

Quoted from Capn12:Nate combo makes me sad. That is all.

#13523 7 days ago

I put 509M on foo today.

#13549 6 days ago

There is nothing that would make me sell that or steal from them, even if it is their error. That unit would sit in the box, and I would actually call someone and get it handled.

Quoted from HeronameX:

Here's an interesting scenario...say you return a DOA Foo topper to Stern after getting an RMA and they ship you a replacement a week later. A week after that, out of the blue, another one arrives at your doorstep.
Assuming you don't just post it on the market right away, how much effort do you put into getting Stern's attention about their error to see if they want to provide a return label and get it back? I reached out via the Contact Us page on the website over a week and a half ago. No response - not even an automated message that my message was received. Last night, I sent a message directly to their info address. No response - not even an automated one 24 hours later.
I'm not exactly holding it for ransom, but I did note that I wouldn't complain about getting some other goodies to upgrade my Foo Pro in exchange for returning a big ticket item. The van and Overlord toys would be great substitutes for a second topper, and I could use a metal apron so that I can have it match the powder coat job I did myself.

#13553 6 days ago

Who mentioned stealing IP and profiting from it?

#13557 5 days ago

Cool. Whatever works for you. You do you buddy.

Quoted from HeronameX:Legally, it's mine free and clear. The FTC clearly states that unordered merchandise sent to a consumer is considered a gift and there's no obligation required on the recipient's part - https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/what-do-if-youre-billed-things-you-never-got-or-you-get-unordered-products#unordered
As a fan of pinball and recognizing that although Stern may be the big name in the industry, they're still effectively a small company, I've made multiple attempts through their officially published contact methods. At this point, I'm feeling less sympathetic towards the company and the person who made an honest mistake and more frustrated that maybe the reason why we're dealing with $2k toppers and other overpriced merch is that Stern is horribly inefficient and wasteful.
The whole thing started with bad QC resulting in a failed unit going out. I got a response in reasonable time to the support/warranty request, but after being told to expect an RMA and return label soon, I had to reach out again after waiting a full business day.
The shipping label was for overnight delivery. Stern didn't receive it because the address they put on their own damn label was wrong. FedEx attempted to deliver the next day but noted the office was closed. The next delivery day attempt noted that it was not the correct address. Finally, it was delivered on the 3rd day.
Two days later (a full week after I returned the item), I sent a request for another update. I didnt receive one, but I did receive the first topper the next day without having seen any tracking or shipment info prior.
Another topper arrived a week later.
I've put in two requests to try to give them their $2000 product back. I'm getting frustrated wasting my time trying to help a company that doesn't want to be helped.

#13572 5 days ago

finally saw foobot voltron assembly style multiball and got 650M, played one game after the bar. LOL My wrists hurt like I watched career opportunities again.

#13596 5 days ago

250 plays in...but with that said every single autolaunch that fails pretty much hits that post, so probably 1000 balls have hit that already just from that lol

PXL_20240506_230512308 (resized).jpgPXL_20240506_230512308 (resized).jpgPXL_20240506_230529124 (resized).jpgPXL_20240506_230529124 (resized).jpg
#13599 4 days ago

lol, mine is stuck to the coin box

Quoted from mjs2:Mine was off 20 plays in - funny thing is I saw it come off, finished the ball, removed the glass and then lost it... 500 plays later, still have yet to find it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Largo, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 699.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrcmlc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens?tu=jrcmlc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.