IMG_2685 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0344 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1806 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1807 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 268.
#12551 32 days ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I am not knocking FF as I enjoy it more than JP but:
- center spinner shots are similar
- Rami and control room are similar
- left ramp and Raptor are similar
- Dave ramp and right ramp on JP are similar
- outer right orbits are similar
- the two shots off the upper flipper are similar
My point is that I have traditionally sucked at JP and then a few months playing Foo and I now am playing much better on JP.

I agree with your assessment, my Foo and JP are next to each other and the shots are similar.

#12552 32 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

did you bend the bracket and put in one screw then rotate the building to line up the second screw ?

That is exactly what I tried doing and the entire unit was bending. The stress point appears to be the overlords head and that standup bracket (that I broke trying to move forward). I’ll reflow the switch and try to make
the connections smaller I guess.

#12553 32 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

That is exactly what I tried doing and the entire unit was bending. The stress point appears to be the overlords head and that standup bracket (that I broke trying to move forward). I’ll reflow the switch and try to make
the connections smaller I guess.

I was worried about breaking that when i bent that part forward too.
I had to bend and test the bracket many times before it went on correctly.

#12554 32 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Expression lights AND invisiglass. Yeah, I'm regretting not waiting for a used LE also. I loved the green scheme but couldn't justify the retail.

Yeah the cost of the hd glass and the el makes up for the difference between what I paid and a used LE

#12555 32 days ago

With Stern commonly producing 1k LE's, get use to the 3k depreciation after unboxing it. I listed my FFLE for $10,750 IIRC and had no interest whatsoever. Fortunately, I like the new code and just took it off the market. If you know a game is going to be a keeper, it's obviously not a big deal. It kills the speculation purchases that many of us make. I don't mind an occasional 3K loss, but if you have too many in a year it takes some of the fun out of the hobby. The COVID bubble has burst and too many games are being churned out and many have FOMO and want NIB.

#12556 32 days ago

Joining the club tomorrow with a premium.
Sorry for the useless post but I'm excited

#12557 32 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Welcome! Donuts and coffee on the table over there. Booze and candy on that other table over there. Enjoy your stay.

#12558 32 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Sold my premium to Altan and bought Eric's LE. Win/win/win for everyone.

#12559 31 days ago
Quoted from mozach:

Nice! Same thing I probably wouldve done if it was closer to me.

#12560 31 days ago

Is there a trick to getting the upper playfield back on after removing it? I am putting the area 51 mod on and have been struggling for nearly an hour to get the damn thing back on. It keeps getting stuck on the black mold for under the flipper and it appears to be aligned.

#12561 31 days ago
Quoted from mozach:

Quoted from CaptainStabbin:

Nice! Same thing I probably wouldve done if it was closer to me.

It’s ok.
I probably wouldn’t have purchased 2.

#12562 31 days ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

Is there a trick to getting the upper playfield back on after removing it? I am putting the area 51 mod on and have been struggling for nearly an hour to get the damn thing back on. It keeps getting stuck on the black mold for under the flipper and it appears to be aligned.

put your hand under there and wiggle it till it fits.the damn black thing.

#12563 31 days ago

put it in like a piece to a puzzle

#12564 31 days ago
Quoted from mozach:

That’s how you do it! Own a Prem / sell it for an LE. New Prem buyer coming in gets a nice Prem for a smart value purchase.

1.0 is here and time to settle in with a FF for the long haul.

#12565 31 days ago
Quoted from treyspaghetti:

The wires also have to route through two separate places. I think the first time I tried to reassemble it I had one set of wires not going out the lower window. Unfortunately don’t have any pics to help that make more sense.

#12566 31 days ago
Quoted from mozach:

Power move dude

#12567 31 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Power move dude

0CDB1461-FA63-48C4-9B1F-AAC0615E547A (resized).jpeg0CDB1461-FA63-48C4-9B1F-AAC0615E547A (resized).jpeg
#12568 31 days ago

Speaking of, I asked my wife (who has no exposure or concept to LEs) if I were to get powdercoating done, what color she would pick. She ended up basically picking the LE green color.

I'd say yeah I should have just waited and got a $10k LE but the $10k LEs and $6800 premiums are things that seem exclusive to the coasts and are never anywhere near the midwest.

#12569 31 days ago

Working on replacing all of the rubber - what is the consensus on the most efficient way to get to the three under the overlord on a pro?

#12570 31 days ago

I replaced all of mine before I ever turned it on and my answer was to not do those. LOL, or the one post on the right buried under everything.

Quoted from itsjustinkelly:

Working on replacing all of the rubber - what is the consensus on the most efficient way to get to the three under the overlord on a pro?

#12571 31 days ago

Remove 3 small nuts on top of the overload chamber’s deck (2 on the front, 1 in back center) and lift the overlord up and out of the way. He of course has wiring that must be unplugged and fished through the playfield hole.

The one nut in the back center is tricky because the habitrail is in the way. Just remove the Long habitrail first with a few nuts and the screw where the two habitrails join.

#12572 31 days ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

Remove 3 small nuts on top of the overload chamber’s deck (2 on the front, 1 in back center) and lift the overlord up and out of the way. He of course has wiring that must be unplugged and fished through the playfield hole.
The one nut in the back center is tricky because the habitrail is in the way. Just remove the Long habitrail first with a few nuts and the screw where the two habitrails join.

Done!! Not too bad. I only lost one screw into the abyss and can’t seem to find it in the manual - does anyone know what screw this is?

IMG_0995 (resized).jpegIMG_0995 (resized).jpeg
#12573 31 days ago

I just got some shipping notifications from Flip n Out for accessories. Not sure what is coming yet but it says 2 items (i ordered topper, lights and knob)

#12574 31 days ago

How years ago in days of old EL’s filled the air……..For free!

IMG_8011 (resized).jpegIMG_8011 (resized).jpeg
#12575 30 days ago

I think I can only recollect maybe 5 people receiving the expression lights. Ridiculously funny.

#12576 30 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How years ago in days of old EL’s filled the air……..For free!
[quoted image]

Sure the premium users got the expression lights. But they also got an LZ.

#12577 30 days ago

These arrived on Monday, via Stern shop.
IMG_0279 (resized).jpegIMG_0279 (resized).jpeg

#12578 30 days ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I just got some shipping notifications from Flip n Out for accessories. Not sure what is coming yet but it says 2 items (i ordered topper, lights and knob)

I only have the topper on order from Zach and it hasn’t shipped yet. So likely your other two accessories. Guessing next week for toppers for us.

#12579 30 days ago
Quoted from mozach:

[quoted image]

It moved!

IMG_4246 (resized).jpegIMG_4246 (resized).jpeg

#12580 30 days ago

Looks like all four of my accessories are shipping now. Also got my premium translite for Jaws just waiting on the pro machine to arrive now

#12581 30 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I only have the topper on order from Zach and it hasn’t shipped yet. So likely your other two accessories. Guessing next week for toppers for us.

I just got the notification...my topper from Zach is landing tomorrow.

#12582 30 days ago

Just received and installed my Topper and shooter rod. Topper is great although quite pricey.

The shooter is nice, and also pricey, but I am having a problem with it. It lights up just fine in attract mode. As soon as I start a game it turns off. Accessories I have are the stumbler area 51 mod, expression lights, and expression speaker lights.

Almost thinking it is a software issue. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#12583 30 days ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Just received and installed my Topper and shooter rod. Topper is great although quite pricey.
The shooter is nice, and also pricey, but I am having a problem with it. It lights up just fine in attract mode. As soon as I start a game it turns off. Accessories I have are the stumbler area 51 mod, expression lights, and expression speaker lights.
Thanks!

code ?

#12584 30 days ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The wires also have to route through two separate places. I think the first time I tried to reassemble it I had one set of wires not going out the lower window. Unfortunately don’t have any pics to help that make more sense.

Thanks! This was definitely part of the issue. Still a pain but that was blocking the ideal angle.

#12585 30 days ago

Today I decided to test it by playing a series of games and each game played with the next song in the stack as always. However after ‘Rescued’ it skips over ‘Nothing At All’ and loops around back to the top of the stack to ‘Times Like These’.

Is anyone hearing ‘Nothing At All’ without first specifically selecting it?

Quoted from LegoYoda:

Now we have two pages worth of songs to choose from (although is annoying it only auto rotates through the first page)

Quoted from EtzEtz:

Does it actually rotate through ALL the songs on the first page?

Quoted from LegoYoda:

Yes, 100% it does, but it doesnt start at the top... I know this because i kinda got sick of Rescued being selected (seemingly) all the damn time!

#12586 30 days ago

I am having the exact same issue and I have the same items installed as you. I sent an email to Stern today asking if that was code or if I installed something incorrectly.

Quoted from GranpaDave:

Thanks!

#12587 30 days ago

I'm hoping that in the next update they add something to light the ramp for Toy Time, I post-drained when trying to go for it ( ) but I always notice that the ramp is not lit at all, the callout plays but unlike Foo or the Final Battle, the ramp doesn't actually light up showing it's lit.

#12588 29 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

gone again on location to play yesterday, reached again the end of the game, but than 0.96...
will not play it anymore until the operator update it (i now have more hopes, as we get a direct contact from another introduced guy)
mainwhile, i really like this pin !

haha nice to see (tanx to the insider) ! how so little things can change your (pinball) life ! i know what i will do this afternoon than...

foo (resized).JPGfoo (resized).JPG

#12589 29 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

haha nice to see (tanx to the insider) ! how so little things can change your (pinball) life ! i know what i will do this afternoon than...
[quoted image]

just back home, mission accomplished lol !!!

i have only great games for 5 houres nonstop, 3 times to FINAL BATTLE, and just 1 full win (its hard to lose that single ball when you're at stage 3 in the final, than frustrating to start back at the begining again)

and i leave the place making happy a child with some credits, that's also pinball

talking about CrazyLevi strategy, i admit its hard for me to play that way, for now i prefer to start as soon as possible a mode

of course, there's no doubt that if you can hit safely these targets, that's the way to go on FF, i remember having "red-blue-red" & starting Los Angeles, than just needing 1 ramp to light OVERLORD and finish/collect the mode with something like 90M than with these 2 shots only (and no multiplicators)

i confirm its even better now in 1.0 (than 0.96), and while playing the robots calls out are finally ok, and not boring as when i watched the stream
FF is a very good pinball, but of course you guys already know that

ff 1.0 (resized).JPGff 1.0 (resized).JPG

#12590 29 days ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I am having the exact same issue and I have the same items installed as you. I sent an email to Stern today asking if that was code or if I installed something incorrectly.

If I have some time, I will try disconnecting some of the other mods, and do some testing. Thanks for the response! And yes, I do have the latest code.

#12591 29 days ago

Does anyone know the part number for the connector to the cabinet speaker and what pins to use? I want to reconnect it to the factory wiring but can't find any part numbers on this.

IMG_4767 (resized).jpgIMG_4767 (resized).jpgIMG_4768 (resized).jpgIMG_4768 (resized).jpg
#12592 29 days ago

topper, shooter rod and expression lights all arrived today from Flip n Out!

#12593 29 days ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

topper, shooter rod and expression lights all arrived today from Flip n Out!

Had you been on a waiting list with them at all? I ordered expression lights from them about 10 minutes after the official Stern announcement and they already had the blurb up on the page that orders would be for the 2nd run of the ELs whenever that would be.

#12594 29 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Does anyone know the part number for the connector to the cabinet speaker and what pins to use? I want to reconnect it to the factory wiring but can't find any part numbers on this.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I made a connector lead for some flashers for Foo - these are the parts that I got from RS components in Australia but sure there is a similar provider in other countries. They look similar to what you need.

RS Components Parts  (resized).pngRS Components Parts (resized).png
#12595 29 days ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Had you been on a waiting list with them at all? I ordered expression lights from them about 10 minutes after the official Stern announcement and they already had the blurb up on the page that orders would be for the 2nd run of the ELs whenever that would be.

I ordered as the items were being loaded to the page. Each time I refreshed 1 item would appear. Took 5-6 refreshes before all 3 showed up then paid for them

#12596 29 days ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Thanks!

Code. AIQ and Stranger Things did the same upon release. Gameplay lighting effects were added in a subsequent update.

#12597 29 days ago

Fun evening ahead!

IMG_5552 (resized).jpegIMG_5552 (resized).jpeg
#12598 29 days ago

I’ve been waiting most of the day for the four boxes to arrive. Took that time to take out the playfield remove everything and boy it goes goes a lot smoother when you only have to install. The shooter rod came with instructions to not take out the metal plate and also to take out the metal plate. Not my first LED shooter rod so I knew I had to change the plate. Expression lights boards use the pre-drilled holes in the cabinet, but there were none there. I already installed them in my Rush, so I kind of knew what I was in for but those instructions are pretty confusing I would think for some people. Pretty happy with the results so far just waiting for an assist to put the playfield back in and test it all out.

#12599 29 days ago

Has anyone with a LE have a pic with the topper on it?

#12600 29 days ago

I did the quiet fan mod.

1. Purchase fan from Amazon
2. 3d printed 40 to 60mm adaptor (thanks @plasticbugs)
3. Made cable (3 pin molex 0.156 to fan 3 pin)
4. Installed.

Parts 3 and 4 took 25 minutes total.

No noise!

IMG_4255 (resized).jpegIMG_4255 (resized).jpeg

IMG_4256 (resized).jpegIMG_4256 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/252 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.