(Topic ID: 354003)

Dutch Pinball Alice in Wonderland HYPE thread

By Haymaker

32 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

74VE.gif
    1_GI-td9gs8D5OKZd19mAOqA (resized).png
    Persian_Cat_Room_Guardian_meme_banner (resized).jpg
    WaitWHAT-meme-10 (resized).jpg
    pinside.3c1d98255b068c34232992d35157dbe8255564a5 (1) (resized).jpg
    pinside.3c1d98255b068c34232992d35157dbe8255564a5 (resized).jpg
    wh (resized).jpg
    agnes-agatha-harkness.gif
    aiw (resized).jpg
    IMG_6349.jpeg
    IMG_6348.gif
    3D3DF2DD-C3A5-4698-B291-05D3682E9EE3 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0389 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0397 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_629.png
    pinside.0aa1600fe541ecaab8b68a85b2e972bf6e5c4ea2~2.jpeg
    There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 31 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm a little out of the loop here
    So we are doing Jpop again?
    This seems like a good idea?

Dont ask questions just send money

#52 31 days ago

BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Time for a non-refundable, pre-viewable, pre-final-price, deposit!!!

This is a J-Pop game, it should be ordered like a J-Pop game: Blind.

#53 31 days ago

Some truly miserable people in this thread. Maybe go for a walk, guys.

#54 31 days ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Just an fyi, the left and right edge design of the backglass in the OP does match the pattern in the pic that Dutch posted.

FB_IMG_1711642371611 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1711642371611 (resized).jpg
    #55 31 days ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Miserable..... no, it's funny.

I plan on ordering one and have all along..... unless it's more expensive than Bond 60th.

Perfect theme for pinball. I'd already have a deposit, except they ain't taking deposits.

#56 31 days ago

I did hear the screen is no longer down in the playfield area. Probably in its "normal" position in the backbox

#57 31 days ago

Well this will be a good story how Barry made an alliance with Jpop to bring this game to life..... Maybe Barry just bought the design and assembled a team to finish it. Interesting.

#58 31 days ago

Anyone know the current owner of the IP? I would have thought that Zidware assets had been sold and JPOP doesn't own it.

#59 31 days ago

Patiently waiting

Quoted from theadicts77:

"You can't help that, we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad"

#60 31 days ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well this will be a good story how Barry made an alliance with Jpop to bring this game to life..... Maybe Barry just bought the design and assembled a team to finish it. Interesting.

I don't think Jpop has any rights with this anymore. Pretty sure he lost/gave away any ownership to any of this IP when all the stuff went down. Kinda doubt he was involved, other than the obvious stuff like its based on something he "designed"/arranged to have the art made for. I could be wrong, others would know better than me

#61 31 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I don't think Jpop has any rights with this anymore. Pretty sure he lost/gave away any ownership to any of this IP when all the stuff went down. Kinda doubt he was involved, other than the obvious stuff like its based on something he "designed"/arranged to have the art made for. I could be wrong, others would know better than me

There's no chance they would do this without involving Jpop directly somehow. For some reason that overrated hack is STILL a major draw for the kind of audience that would be susceptible to this product.

I just don't think "We are turning his cardboard diorama into a pinball machine!" has the same hook as "Jpop is involved and we will manage him perfectly just like we managed to crank out a few hundred Big Lebowskis in 12 years!"

It's gonna be fun to watch!

#62 31 days ago

DPX just does very limited/exclusive runs of games? Interesting, but I bet there's going to be some sticker shock. What would a production run cost to produce? $12k-$15K or more?

#63 31 days ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

I know right? I’m so sick of people expecting so much from $15k toys. Stop being so picky it’s only $15k or whatever!

#64 31 days ago

Oh damn! My eyes are so bad! Kudos!

I would say AiW confirmed, then.

#65 31 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's no chance they would do this without involving Jpop directly somehow. For some reason that overrated hack is STILL a major draw for the kind of audience that would be susceptible to this product.
    I just don't think "We are turning his cardboard diorama into a pinball machine!" has the same hook as "Jpop is involved and we will manage him perfectly just like we managed to crank out a few hundred Big Lebowskis in 12 years!"
    It's gonna be fun to watch!

I doubt he’s involved, but it’s still kinda shady to take someone else’s project that had paid customers, and finish it independently & sell it….and to take Yeti’s art and finish it without his involvement/permission. I’m not sure if there are any legal issues here, but it’s ethically sus IMO.

#66 31 days ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I doubt he’s involved, but it’s still kinda shady to take someone else’s project that had paid customers, and finish it independently & sell it….and to take Yeti’s art and finish it without his involvement/permission. I’m not sure if there are any legal issues here, but it’s ethically sus IMO.

Yeti chose to not be involved so I think they are covered there.

#67 31 days ago

Yeti likely cannot be involved. He works for stern.

Ask dirty Donny how getting involved with Cosmic Carnival worked out for him.

Damn shame too. Zep or Rush would have greatly benefited.

#68 31 days ago

So...not BTTF? Or is that up after this? Or was that just a load of bunk?

#69 31 days ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...not BTTF? Or is that up next? Or was that just a load of bunk?

This is a DPX release, DP will be releasing BTTF next, sometime after the 500 are made.

#70 31 days ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:This is a DPX release, DP will be releasing BTTF next, sometime after the 500 are made.

I really doubt Beezle plans on living that long

#71 31 days ago

If they need to sell this to fund bttf I'm picturing that family photo Marty was holding of them slowly fading away with the bttf pinball machine in place of the family.

#72 31 days ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

sometime after the 500 are made.

some-time is right.
    Hopefully two lines running this time.
    How long did TBL take again?

#73 31 days ago

I never understood the fascination with Alice. Is it Drugs? I guess its drugs. So... oh well. The art style and story never appealed to me. Love my TBL tho.

#74 31 days ago

Hhhmmm, so when these 2 ordered their work shirts, did they say they wanted one name on the left & the other on the right?

Pinside_forum_8101250_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8101250_0 (resized).jpg
    #75 31 days ago

Interested in this announcement, but I’m really waiting for is BTTF.

#76 31 days ago
    Quoted from Vino:

some-time is right.
    How long did TBL take again?

I'm guessing they have mastered the manufacturing process themselves, and will no longer ever get involved with outsourcing the build. What i am excited about is solely based on Lebowski and the engineering mechs coupled with an amazing layout design.

#77 31 days ago

So who's throwing down a deposit? <too soon?>

#78 31 days ago

Can’t wait to see the game. Excited in the limited production and the new structure of the company. Glad to see there’s competition against Stern. Stern Eli mean nothing today. Building 500 games worldwide that’s exclusive. My big Lebowski Bill quality is amazing. The game is phenomenal.

#79 31 days ago

It looks like the layout is based at least partially on the foam-core game. Pop bumper cluster and scoop are in the same area and there's some kind of spinning disc/mech just below the pops on the right.

#80 31 days ago

Wonder how many different entities could claim, if they so chose, ownership of the IP.

#81 31 days ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

This is a DPX release, DP will be releasing BTTF next, sometime after the 500 are made.

IMG_4909 (resized).jpegIMG_4909 (resized).jpeg
    #82 31 days ago

Fully loaded with topper, shaker, and anti reflective glass for under $15k per Kaneda

#83 31 days ago

$14,996 it is gentlemen.

#84 31 days ago
    Quoted from Pinhead_:

$14,996 it is gentlemen.

Plus shipping I'd assume

#85 31 days ago

Hurray for a dual feed subway I guess
    pinside.0aa1600fe541ecaab8b68a85b2e972bf6e5c4ea2~2.jpegpinside.0aa1600fe541ecaab8b68a85b2e972bf6e5c4ea2~2.jpeg

Great theme idea, wish it didn't have the baggage.
    Instead of BBQ, picking up classic literary works for themes would be a good choice. Finally, my Wrath Of The Bronte Sisters pinball can be built!!

#86 31 days ago

Finally a game with dual Thing mechanisms... BUY BUY BUY

Screenshot_629.pngScreenshot_629.png

#87 31 days ago

Will be interesting with the bashing JJP and Stern took raising their LE/CE prices if DPX will be more acceptable by community as a boutique. Imagine the big manufacturers are watching how this one goes.

#88 31 days ago

Can the Deeproot, Good Will, store credit apply?

#89 30 days ago

I heard the whole thing is gonna be 3-D printed.

I think I’m in though for real.

#90 30 days ago

Aw fuck. I just got poorer.

#91 30 days ago

Where do I order this from, is it just CT?

#92 30 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

AIW isn't exclusively a Disney property. It's actually quite a mature theme if you can get past what Disney did and liberties have been taken with other AIW projects.
    Could be a cool theme with lots of potential. I have no faith in Dutch though.

A dark version of AIW, might be interesting.

#93 30 days ago

People think they'll sell $500 of these at $15k?

#95 30 days ago

Is this legit? No mention of signing an NDA to order?

#96 30 days ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:A dark version of AIW, might be interesting.

You can tell this version is a ripoff of American McGee's Alice..... which is fine with me, that series is wonderful.
    Another reason I'll be buying it.

#97 30 days ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Probably not, if we're being honest.

Too much competition going into Expo and afterward.

#98 30 days ago

3D3DF2DD-C3A5-4698-B291-05D3682E9EE3 (resized).jpeg3D3DF2DD-C3A5-4698-B291-05D3682E9EE3 (resized).jpegIMG_0389 (resized).jpegIMG_0389 (resized).jpegIMG_0397 (resized).jpegIMG_0397 (resized).jpeg

#99 30 days ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

$14k is what I heard.

It's a solid theme. If the art and layout are good, yes, I think they will sell 500.

#100 30 days ago

Not sure if it should be this meme…

IMG_6348.gifIMG_6348.gif

Or this one..

IMG_6349.jpegIMG_6349.jpeg

There are 186 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dutch-pinball-alice-in-wonderland-hype-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.