(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,135 posts
  • 433 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1909 (resized).png
62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.
#3051 39 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

Just picked up a Demolition Man yesterday and after going through it, every ramp is cracked on the bottom near the flap. The subway is broken in 2, and the right ramp has 3 huge cracks where the diverter hits. I got the game for a reasonable price, but i'm wondering if it's worth replacing these ramps and if the newer ramps hold up better.

Does anyone have any aftermarket ramps? How are they holding up over the years?

Edit: Spoke with Freeplay40 and realized i can get them directly from him much cheaper, so that is great news.

#3052 38 days ago

Has anyone figured out the auto launch alignment issue? It’s starting to annoy me. I’ve adjusted the auto launch coil positioning and it’s still really inconsistent. There doesn’t seem to be any lane guide adjustments that can be made.

#3053 38 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Has anyone figured out the auto launch alignment issue? It’s starting to annoy me. I’ve adjusted the auto launch coil positioning and it’s still really inconsistent. There doesn’t seem to be any lane guide adjustments that can be made.

Is the shooter bent perhaps? If it fires and the adjustments are not helping my guess is that it may be bent? Also assuming the shooter lane and the small ramp are smooth and without any obstruction. Give it a good cleaning and wax.

#3054 38 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Happy to join the club! On my machine, the autolaunch is not cleanly feeding the upper left flipper. Sometimes it gets hung up and makes it and other times it gets completely hung up and goes down the lanes. What should I adjust?

Make sure it the machine is level as well.

#3055 38 days ago

Hi everybody , I'm looking for help with a cryo claw issue , apon first boot it stalls out half way to home , if I do left and right in the test menu it frees up after a few left and rights and works perfectly fine afterwards ?
Any help would be appreciated

#3056 37 days ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Hi everybody , I'm looking for help with a cryo claw issue , apon first boot it stalls out half way to home , if I do left and right in the test menu it frees up after a few left and rights and works perfectly fine afterwards ?
Any help would be appreciated

I am not sure if this will help but I can give it a try.

(1) Check all plugs and wires to the power driver board and the motor control board. Check for a cracked solider joint or loose connection.
(2) Check and clean the opto board
(3) Inspect the claw motor gears. Not sure if it is recommended to grease them up a bit more or not but maybe? Is the claw binding up or difficult to move?

Good luck!

#3057 37 days ago

Hey so weird thing, that I have never seen before tech wise. Wife has been playing our demo man alot lately. The other day she was having a game and I noticed left flipper was way out of alignment, but pointed upwards instead of down wards... I took the glass off, too the plunger out, inspected it, noticed it wasn't tightened up around the prawl and retightened, reinstalled, and realigned. Tonight I just played it and noticed the flipper positition raised alittle bit again.

I'm stumped.

Possible bushing issue?

What yall think? Had game since 2022 and no issue since initial rebuild and alignment.

#3058 37 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

Hey so weird thing, that I have never seen before tech wise. Wife has been playing our demo man alot lately. The other day she was having a game and I noticed left flipper was way out of alignment, but pointed upwards instead of down wards... I took the glass off, too the plunger out, inspected it, noticed it wasn't tightened up around the prawl and retightened, reinstalled, and realigned. Tonight I just played it and noticed the flipper positition raised alittle bit again.
I'm stumped.
Possible bushing issue?
What yall think? Had game since 2022 and no issue since initial rebuild and alignment.

#3059 37 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

I'm stumped.
Possible bushing issue?

Keep tightening with the Allen wrench.

#3060 36 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

I'm stumped.
Possible bushing issue?

Alot of the time you need to tighten that socket headed screw more than you think is safe. These flippers deal with alot of stress, so that screw needs to be as tight as you can get it. It wont strip if it's 12.9 grade, so go to town.

#3061 36 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

Alot of the time you need to tighten that socket headed screw more than you think is safe. These flippers deal with alot of stress, so that screw needs to be as tight as you can get it. It wont strip if it's 12.9 grade, so go to town.

See yeah that makes sense to be, if the flipper sagged, but it's not, it's becoming more erect.

#3062 36 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

I'm stumped.
Possible bushing issue?

Could be the plastic part of the bat has come loose from the metal shaft - or cracked perhaps?

#3063 36 days ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

See yeah that makes sense to be, if the flipper sagged, but it's not, it's becoming more erect.

Still the same issue, needs tightening. I have had that issue on many machines throughout the years. What's happening is that it is just loose enough with no ball on it to walk up as the force on a flip up is stronger than a return. Ironically, my DemoMan was the last machine to do this to me on my upper flipper a few months ago.

#3064 36 days ago

What's everyone's alignment on the upper left flipper? Mine sticks out a bit and makes the left loop shot even harder.

#3065 36 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

What's everyone's alignment on the upper left flipper? Mine sticks out a bit and makes the left loop shot even harder.

That’s about right. I have mine as tight to the guide as possible and with the flipper rubber on, it sticks out a bit.

#3066 36 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Mine was sticking out slightly when I bought the machine. I moved it back as far as it would go. The surface of the flipper is now parallel with the blue line on the playfield.

#3067 36 days ago

I thought I might have seen these in the past.. maybe I am dreaming.

Does anyone make:
(1) Blue chrome or a repro/original chrome cryo-claw cover?
(2) Blue ball path selection. The upper part of the Cryo-bracket assembly that tells you what each ball path is (with decals).

I appreciate any info in advance ty!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3068 36 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Does anyone make:
(2) Blue ball path selection. The upper part of the Cryo-bracket assembly that tells you what each ball path is (with decals).

[quoted image]

Get on the e-mail notification.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9044
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1919-15

#3069 36 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Does anyone make:

[quoted image]

I put red film paper behind mine. Helps make it pop and more legible.

#3070 36 days ago
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpegB3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpegB3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg
#3071 36 days ago

Thanks! Is this pretty much an eternity of wait time . I signed up JIC lol.

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I put red film paper behind mine. Helps make it pop and more legible.

Looks great, nice job! I am not familiar with film paper. I will search for some blue. Ty!

#3072 36 days ago

Messing around with some lighting mods.

#3073 35 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Thanks! Is this pretty much an eternity of wait time . I signed up JIC lol.

Looks great, nice job! I am not familiar with film paper. I will search for some blue. Ty!

Put a saved search for Demolition Man Pinball on Ebay. One might cone up on that eventually also.

#3074 35 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Messing around with some lighting mods.

I put red, than orange and red and orange and it gives it a nice fire looking effect.

#3076 35 days ago

9Pcs Gel Light Filter Color Correction Colored Overlays Transparent Color Film

EBay

#3077 35 days ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

ebay.com link: itm

Thanks grabbed 'em

#3078 35 days ago

Unfortunately my game is full of little issues not described by the seller when purchasing it such as broken plastics and screw posts, flasher transistors shorted, etc.
The tilt in my game does not work. Not even sure where to start with this. Any suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3079 35 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Unfortunately my game is full of little issues not described by the seller when purchasing it such as broken plastics and screw posts, flasher transistors shorted, etc.
The tilt in my game does not work. Not even sure where to start with this. Any suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.
[quoted image]

Luckily full plastics sets, full ramp sets, and most parts for this game are available, so it can be fixed!

For the Tilt, you have a few connectors involved, so first thing would be to reseat these connectors. Inside your cabinet on under the left flipper there is a green board, on the bottom is the connector for the Plump Bob Tilt, it will be labeled. Reseat this connector as a first step. Same with J-209 in the back box. The wire for tilt is J209-5 white/green. Then it would be more diagnostics checking fuses on other boards and checking voltages.

#3080 35 days ago

Luckily full plastics sets, full ramp sets, and most parts for this game are available, so it can be fixed!

For the Tilt, you have a few connectors involved, so first thing would be to reseat these connectors. Inside your cabinet on under the left flipper there is a green board, on the bottom is the connector for the Plump Bob Tilt, it will be labeled. Reseat this connector as a first step. Same with J-209/J-208 in the back box. The wire for tilt is J209-5 white/green. Then it would be more diagnostics checking fuses on other boards and checking voltages.

#3081 35 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

Luckily full plastics sets,

Hi. Where to find the plastic set? Ty

#3082 35 days ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. Where to find the plastic set? Ty

ebay.com link: itm

#3083 35 days ago

Thank you.

#3084 34 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

[quoted image]

I noticed your game has a game counter (or is that a coin counter?). I don't have one of those on my game, maybe it was aftermarket?

#3085 34 days ago

I’m in the process of chroming out all of my games. Here is my DM:

Handles aren’t pictured currently as they are being done.

IMG_0541 (resized).jpegIMG_0541 (resized).jpegIMG_0546 (resized).jpegIMG_0546 (resized).jpegIMG_0683 (resized).jpegIMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
#3086 34 days ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I’m in the process of chroming out all of my games. Here is my DM:
Handles aren’t pictured currently as they are being done.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking sharp, nice job. That coin door takes it to the next level!

#3087 34 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I noticed your game has a game counter (or is that a coin counter?). I don't have one of those on my game, maybe it was aftermarket?

Good observation, I’m not exactly sure what it is. I’ll post a picture of it sometime soon.

Sorry for clogging the thread up even more, but I’m having another issue. I assumed a new flipper fidelity sound system would fix the issue, but it sadly did not. I get noticeable distortion in the music and callouts, even with brand new speakers. The roms are new too (swear ones). I’ve tried reseating them and the connectors with no luck.

#3088 34 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Good observation, I’m not exactly sure what it is. I’ll post a picture of it sometime soon.
Sorry for clogging the thread up even more, but I’m having another issue. I assumed a new flipper fidelity sound system would fix the issue, but it sadly did not. I get noticeable distortion in the music and callouts, even with brand new speakers. The roms are new too (swear ones). I’ve tried reseating them and the connectors with no luck.

I'm not clear on how bad the distortion is and how it presents. For example if the volume is too loud the speakers will distort which is normal. Even when the volume is lowered it still distorts? Are you saying that when the sound plays you are hearing "noise" or something that shouldn't be there?

#3089 33 days ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

I have one more brand new Pin2DMD for DemoMan, licensed and activated completely plug and play. $275 shipping included, also comes with power cables and z-connector. Sorry for the crappy pics, I will do a game play video, if desired, as the pics don't do it justice. Thanks for looking!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any difference between your Pin2DMD and the ones i see listed that are "Fully activated plug and play?" Is it a different code or anything?

#3090 31 days ago

Can anyone confirm the correct location of the car crash bracket? My game has 2 sets of holes and the plastic is cracked on the side the metal is touching. Due to all the other operator hacks in this game, i'm led to believe it may not be in the factory position. Should it be forward and centered in the 2 holes on the side of the clear tunnel?

20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg20240328_124242 (resized).jpg20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
#3091 30 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

Can anyone confirm the correc

That’s perfect. On the red flasher.

#3092 29 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Does anyone else have a Pinsound in their DM?
I've been working on a custom audio pack that is shaping up very well. I've been meticuously extracting original audio from the movie/soundtrack (stereo) and replacing the original mono files. I'm customizing a lot of things, new callouts, sfx, got over 20 hours into it at this point. Anyone want to give it a run? It is not quite finished but I am almost at the point where I could use some feedback/testers.
FYA: It is adult mode only, even if you turn swears off in the settings.

Have you checked out my mix on the pinsound forum? And anyone else? Im sure yours is great with all the added sfx and callouts. Mine was music only. Sold my game a while back but I had fun doing that, and really upped the game xp imho. Currently working on SW trilogy replacing almost everything. Its a task but Im also a composer/editor so Im up for the challenge. Doing some fancy stuff with sw.

#3093 28 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Have you checked out my mix on the pinsound forum? And anyone else? Im sure yours is great with all the added sfx and callouts. Mine was music only. Sold my game a while back but I had fun doing that, and really upped the game xp imho. Currently working on SW trilogy replacing almost everything. Its a task but Im also a composer/editor so Im up for the challenge. Doing some fancy stuff with sw.

Hey there bud, yeah I have seen it you did a great job on that pack. Too bad you don't have your DM anymore. PinSound boards are really great fun and the possibilities are almost endless when you have full control of callouts/voice, sound fx and music. I was so surprised when I realized how much control over a game this actually gives you. GL with that SW pack I bet it is going to be great!

#3094 28 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Hey there bud, yeah I have seen it you did a great job on that pack. Too bad you don't have your DM anymore. PinSound boards are really great fun and the possibilities are almost endless when you have full control of callouts/voice, sound fx and music. I was so surprised when I realized how much control over a game this actually gives you. GL with that SW pack I bet it is going to be great!

Hey thanks for the props! I suppose it wasn't bad for a first try...I did get fairly picky when trying to desipher what OST track that DM pin was trying to mimick..I got creative in a few spots (the claw, Sting, maybe a few others). YEAH, these pinsound boards are a godsend when it comes to completely elevating these DMD pins..pretty crazy, like you said. I'd like to make a homebrew pin at some point, and the pinsound board will be the spinnaker sailing that ship...even if I just start out by retheming a worn pin, all you have to do is change artwork, a few toys, and a new soundtrack (coding aside; I can't do that). Before I knew ALIEN existed, I wanted to convert a Johnny Mnemonic into an ALIENS pin, doing this exact process..and replace the glove cover with the Dropship (to emulate picking up Newt, Ripley, Hicks)..alas, we have ALIEN (as do I), so onto a fresh start (when the time comes).

#3095 27 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

Any difference between your Pin2DMD and the ones i see listed that are "Fully activated plug and play?" Is it a different code or anything?

PM Sent

#3096 23 days ago

Have a demo man with weak flippers from the cabinet switches but they’re fine if you use the triggers.

I’ve searched around and found posts from others with the issue but haven’t found a resolution for it.

Anyone experienced this as well that can point me in the right direction?

#3097 23 days ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Have a demo man with weak flippers from the cabinet switches but they’re fine if you use the triggers.
I’ve searched around and found posts from others with the issue but haven’t found a resolution for it.

Have you cleaned the lower cabinet flipper switches? My lower flippers are actually slightly stronger than my handles.

#3098 23 days ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Yup.
I changed out the flipper boards and it fixed it.

This guy has nice upgraded new boards for Demo man.

Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3099 23 days ago

Nonstop issues with this game which was supposed to bulletproof, ugh. All the sudden now neither of my trigger buttons (not that control the flipper, and my launch button aren’t working. So now there is no way to even launch the ball. All other switches seem fine. Any suggestions?

#3100 23 days ago

Joined the club! Flow is insane on this beast!

2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpegF3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpegF3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

There are 3,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.