(Topic ID: 329610)

Twilight Zone remake? CGC or other company…

By Richard-NBA-SF2

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 852 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by dtmail209
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).png
IMG_20231130_132631.gif
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
giphy.gif
IMG_5945 (resized).jpeg
7_0918_1200x (resized).jpg
1_0920_1200x (resized).jpg
IMG_5932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5915 (resized).jpeg
8cd40893eeeb9561ce8fe6414cb9f6cc (resized).jpg
158A3C79-913A-482B-8AB3-C804FA1CCF5F.gif
neil-hamburger-3 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
AVvXsEhyBYr2WQF1SRq_2cEZL_eXNUwTaJHge1L19HaOUnPDLHlzC9n6c7KujdzQX1lgeOjHzdFY5Bk0t6dQL6s1ITM4PVwfwo_wLvprcsKLnj4BuzMY7FHKYb1VA7I2
IMG_0933 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3679 (resized).jpeg
There are 852 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 4 months ago

As with most "rare" man-made things, "rare" pinball machines are rare for a reason...nobody bought them, or they weren't deemed worthy to make it to mass-production. Most truly "rare" games are stinkers.

And I'm not knocking any of the games you listed, I really like most of them. The point I'm making is that at today's prices of manufacturing, and especially considering where technology in games has evolved to, I just can't picture there being a demand of more than 25-50 copies of any of them, even at say, 6k.

Would YOU buy a 6k Tag Team? A 6k Joker Poker? Maybe, but I'm guessing most people wouldn't.

The profit just isn't there for the potential manufacturer, and short of some small cottage type, no manufacturer is going to tool-up to make 25 games.

#802 4 months ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

The point needs to be about rarity.

No the point needs to be about making money and any company who decides to remake games like Tag Team or Operation Thunder is going tits up quicker than you can say "Hey what happened to your bullshit plan to make a brand new pinball machine for your nephew in 2 weeks?"

#803 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No the point needs to be about making money and any company who decides to remake games like Tag Team or Operation Thunder is going tits up quicker than you can say "Hey what happened to your bullshit plan to make a brand new pinball machine for your nephew in 2 weeks?"

Are you that dense. Go back to my original posting on the matter and actually use actual reading skills.

#804 4 months ago

If people are complaining about rule sets and bad engineering remakes would a chance to correct those mistakes, no?

#806 4 months ago

I could see maybe Black Hole getting a re-release but anything else in the Gottlieb solid state catalog a tough hill to climb. BH is iconic and very little in the playfield hardware excessively unique.

Haunted house has more unique parts and third playfield going to really add to the BOM.

#807 4 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I could see maybe Black Hole getting a re-release but anything else in the Gottlieb solid state catalog a tough hill to climb. BH is iconic and very little in the playfield hardware excessively unique.
Haunted house has more unique parts and third playfield going to really add to the BOM.

I have one that arrived DOA. It works now and my 14yo daughter loves it. It won't be staying past summer. The thing is huge. Wider than a Williams Superpin, longer too. Really well engineered. I think there are enough out there that pop up from time to time to satisfy any demand. I could be wrong though.

#808 4 months ago

Man you people have your heads deep in Williams/bally so far Williams can't do wrong.

Go freaking touch a gottlieb it wont bite. You complain so much about gottlieb but won't fix it says so much about it.

Pinside 50 years later

"Ohhhh look at this XX year edition of TZ."

you people are so broken on it, Stern could wave a 50th anniversary edition of Elvira and you people will just ask how much and pay for it.

#809 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

This !
Was originally produced with it , hope they put it back in !

and use 9.4H as the code base to start from.

#810 4 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I have one that arrived DOA. It works now and my 14yo daughter loves it. It won't be staying past summer. The thing is huge. Wider than a Williams Superpin, longer too. Really well engineered. I think there are enough out there that pop up from time to time to satisfy any demand. I could be wrong though.

I have owned three so for the moment agree. The pool of available older pins is drying up over time though so the dynamic could change.

#811 4 months ago

Pedretti?

IMG_4564 (resized).pngIMG_4564 (resized).png
#812 4 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Pedretti?
[quoted image]

Maybe! Should know what they are making in Jan 2024.

#813 4 months ago

I'll take TZ for $500 Alex.

#814 4 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'll take TZ for $500 Alex.

Lol

#815 4 months ago

I have been "on the list" for one of these for a while.... But I have a Really nice OG... Big question is do I need a remake and have 2 for a while lol.

#816 4 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have been "on the list" for one of these for a while.... But I have a Really nice OG... Big question is do I need a remake and have 2 for a while lol.

Keep them both until you’re satisfied that you like the remake better! Or vice versa!

#817 4 months ago

I think TZ is too adventurous for a first pin for Pedretti. I would bet that CGC has TZ and Pedretti will release WH20 or TOM. Considering what's his nutz came up with WW2.0 and Pedrettis reportedly using the same boards - just makes sense to do so. 2 games in 1 for their first release? Makes sense.
And looking at resale value of what CGC has released, safe to say TZ would at the worst would retain it's value. Buy new, play the hell out of it and when the production run ends you can turn around and flip at a minimum for what you paid for it? That's a good deal.

#818 4 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I think TZ is too adventurous for a first pin for Pedretti. I would bet that CGC has TZ and Pedretti will release WH20 or TOM. Considering what's his nutz came up with WW2.0 and Pedrettis reportedly using the same boards - just makes sense to do so. 2 games in 1 for their first release? Makes sense.
And looking at resale value of what CGC has released, safe to say TZ would at the worst would retain it's value. Buy new, play the hell out of it and when the production run ends you can turn around and flip at a minimum for what you paid for it? That's a good deal.

I personally would love a CGC TZ remake. But I’m cool either way. Very interested to see what Pedretti comes up with in 2024!

1 week later
#819 3 months ago

Please be Funhouse

#820 3 months ago
Quoted from dog:

Please be Funhouse

I’m on the record as saying that’ll be first. Quickly followed by Whirlwind. They’ve already converted most of the code over to Fast, and they’ve been pretty quiet in terms of updates to the 2.0 code lately. I suspect the first pins will be remakes of FH & WW with 1.0 & 2.0 code installed, auto-launchers, etc.

#821 3 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

I’m on the record as saying that’ll be first. Quickly followed by Whirlwind. They’ve already converted most of the code over to Fast, and they’ve been pretty quiet in terms of updates to the 2.0 code lately. I suspect the first pins will be remakes of FH & WW with 1.0 & 2.0 code installed, auto-launchers, etc.

And I'll take both of them thank you.

2 months later
#822 36 days ago

It’s seems more and more people are thinking this rumor is true. I for one am very glad CGC is the company making a TZr. Their games are just so well done.

Can’t wait to get into the zone again CGC style!

Richard

#823 36 days ago

A CGC TZ with selectable original or new 2.0 code and updated led lighting would be AWESOME !

#824 36 days ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:Can’t wait to get into the zone again CGC style!

Sure you can ! Sadly don't want to guess a date when this will happen..

#825 35 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sure you can ! Sadly don't want to guess a date when this will happen..

Really want Chicago Gaming to get them out quickly, but looking at historical track records....

Regardless, the games look Great!!

#826 35 days ago

No matter how much I may want a TZ remake, CGC is so painfully slow. I don’t have the patience for them, and they don’t care about changing that.

I will never buy another CGC game new, then wait a year and a half for them to build it (CCR) What’s wrong with that company!?!?!?!?

#827 35 days ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I will never buy another CGC game new, then wait a year and a half for them to build it (CCR) What’s wrong with that company!?!?!?!?

And they call Spooky a boutique pinball manufacturer...
I fully agree with you , just terrible customer service approach.
Perhaps they should ask for a $1 for deposit on their games at least that way you have not much to lose and then they can build them as slow as they want .

#828 35 days ago
Quoted from blimpey:

No matter how much I may want a TZ remake, CGC is so painfully slow. I don’t have the patience for them, and they don’t care about changing that.

Couldn't agree more. They are almost 2.5 years into CCR and they still haven't delivered all the LE games, and started building PF so clearly they could give two shits about customers. Yes they make quality games, but their customer communication and manufacturing is by far the worst in the industry. This coming from someone whose owned all their past LE releases.

#829 34 days ago

Not to alter the course of this thread, but it sure looks like Pedrettis first release will be Funhouse so TZ likely CGC. I missed the signs. I already own a FH and one day I was bored and perused eBay and saw a brand new Rudy jaw. Well, next I found uncolored ready head pieces. And then I found Rudys jaw motor. I even looked at Planetary Pinballs site to see if they had these parts listed and they did amongst other MIA FH parts. All the signs were there and this was before the Pedretti announcement. Derp - yeah, if I were a betting man it's FH. They've been making parts for this release for almost a year now not to mention it just makes sense to capitalize "more" on what Pedrettis already done - FH 2.0.
PURE speculation of course.
Standard - stock reproduction (using FAST boards of course) $6500
PE - FH and FH 2.0 $7500
LE - FH, FH 2.0, powder coated and custom topper $8500

I just hope Pedretti scraps their FH voice call outs and do something better. Sorry Pedretti but it's just tragically horrible.

#830 34 days ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I agree with you. I waited a year and a half for Halloween. I was one of the last numbers. With CGC and Spooky you just have to know it might be a long wait. But they aren't ever going to shut down on you, or not deliver. Eventually. Lol.

#831 32 days ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I agree with you. I waited a year and a half for Halloween. I was one of the last numbers. With CGC and Spooky you just have to know it might be a long wait. But they aren't ever going to shut down on you, or not deliver. Eventually. Lol.

For the record, the CGC pre-order owners would love to have *only* a year and a half wait to get to the last of the orders.

Some of the CGC pre-orders were almost as long to get to the some of the *first* numbers.

#832 32 days ago
Quoted from sandro:

For the record, the CGC pre-order owners would love to have *only* a year and a half wait to get to the last of the orders.
Some of the CGC pre-orders were almost as long to get to the some of the *first* numbers.

Well CCRLE owners have been waiting 2.5 years and CGC still isn't finished.

#833 32 days ago

if Twilight Zone does happen, I'm ok with a long wait just as long as I only have to give a deposit and pay balance when ready. I reached out to a distributor in January of last year and I'm first on the list.

#834 32 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

if Twilight Zone does happen, I'm ok with a long wait just as long as I only have to give a deposit and pay balance when ready. I reached out to a distributor in January of last year and I'm first on the list.

Same. I don’t mind the wait. Worth the wait for me. CGC TZr will be a beautiful machine!

Richard

#835 31 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I think many wouldn't care when they get the game if they didnt require u to put down a $1k deposit. Unfortunately thats not the pinball reality.

#836 31 days ago

I have doubts we will see Twilightzone but if we do I don’t mind a 1k deposit since they are a proven company. just 1k less i have to pay 2 years later lol.

#837 30 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Couldn't agree more. They are almost 2.5 years into CCR and they still haven't delivered all the LE games, and started building PF so clearly they could give two shits about customers. Yes they make quality games, but their customer communication and manufacturing is by far the worst in the industry. This coming from someone whose owned all their past LE releases.

They have two production lines running now. One line is finishing up CCr and the other is doing Pulp Fiction. They haven't stopped CCr production to make PF. Once the CCr's are done, they will be doing another run of MMr. After that, who knows? (though TZr would be nice...)

#838 30 days ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

They have two production lines running now. One line is finishing up CCr and the other is doing Pulp Fiction. They haven't stopped CCr production to make PF. Once the CCr's are done, they will be doing another run of MMr. After that, who knows? (though TZr would be nice...)

Are you sure? There are indeed two production lines but i understood there weren’t enough workers to staff both simultaneously.

#839 30 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you sure? There are indeed two production lines but i understood there weren’t enough workers to staff both simultaneously.

This would explain the slow down of CCRLE deliveries and the uptick in PF deliveries. I have no idea if they have two lines or not, nor what their staffing levels are, but its kinda BS that they don't finish CCR prior to PF deliveries. That being said they might be under some sort of contractual requirement due to all their historical manufacturing problems.

#840 30 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, that's what they told me at TPF - but no, I haven't seen the lines running myself.
If they have a staffing problem, they (understandably) didn't mention it to me.

#841 30 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

but its kinda BS that they don't finish CCR prior to PF deliveries.

You are assuming that they are making a choice to not deliver the CCrLE machines. Maybe they are still only getting the wood apron parts in slowly. There could be several reasons why CCr deliveries are slow (other than "we just decided to make PF instead").

Of course, some sort of info from CGC on this would be beneficial.
Slow deliveries is a problem, slow deliveries with no explanation is a bigger problem.

#842 30 days ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

You are assuming that they are making a choice to not deliver the CCrLE machines. Maybe they are still only getting the wood apron parts in slowly. There could be several reasons why CCr deliveries are slow (other than "we just decided to make PF instead").
Of course, some sort of info from CGC on this would be beneficial.
Slow deliveries is a problem, slow deliveries with no explanation is a bigger problem.

Who knows with CGC? I mean they've only had 2.5 years to get parts

#843 29 days ago

When does CGC generally announce?

#844 29 days ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

More like when will they deliver ? After they announce!

#845 29 days ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

A few years before the games start shipping

#847 28 days ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I haven’t laughed so hard in a month. That is terrific. Wish it wasn’t true.

#848 28 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Absolutely. They make a great game. I can handle the wait. And if I can be front of the line for $500 I'll do that all day long.

#849 28 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

comment of the year

#850 26 days ago

Any new updates of who or when this will be announced?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 852 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-twilight-zone-remake-/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.