20230116_204927 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_023143712 (resized).jpg
2020-10-13 002 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240402_094154_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_5354 (resized).jpeg
Attach150566_20221209_094127 (resized).jpg
IMG_8141 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2576 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.
#2051 18 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Curious how many people in here have or have had DE BTTF... roll call with pics?
Or...are you looking to add it to your collection?
[quoted image]

Had one.. tore it apart with aspirations to restore it.. probably spent 50 hours in Photoshop cleaning up scanned cabinet art (removing all the dither shading too).

Had to sell it when i moved. Even if I didn't move I probably would have still sold it. Don't think I ever played one on location so I never had any nostalgic attachment to it. Did take me 5 years to find one, they either never come up for sale, or when they do it's a high end restoration that sells for $6k. I bought mine for $2500 only semi working back in 2018.

#2052 18 days ago

Curious how many people in here have or have had DE BTTF... roll call with pics?
[quoted image]

Have had it for over 10 years now. Still a fun play to me!

#2053 18 days ago
Quoted from kell:

Have had it for over 10 years now. Still a fun play to me!

Great for a quick play or 5!

#2054 17 days ago

DE BTTF was my first pin, bought it in 2014 on theme alone, never played it prior, but that game and Virtual Pinball got me into pinball again.

The game was restored, near mint, and played like new.

Sold it in 2020 in anticipation that Stern would eventually remake it. And here I wait still…

2020-10-13 002 (resized).jpeg2020-10-13 002 (resized).jpeg

#2055 17 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

DE BTTF was my first pin, bought it in 2014 on theme alone, never played it prior, but that game and Virtual Pinball got me into pinball again.
The game was restored, near mint, and played like new.
Sold it in 2020 in anticipation that Stern would eventually remake it. And here I wait still…
[quoted image]

Home stretch brother!

#2056 17 days ago

[quoted image]

Going on seven years, the longest I've owned any game I believe! At one point I actually owned two

PXL_20240412_023143712 (resized).jpgPXL_20240412_023143712 (resized).jpg
#2057 17 days ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Going on seven years, the longest I've owned any game I believe! At one point I actually owned two [quoted image]

At least 1 outta 3 took a pic with it on!

#2058 17 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At least 1 outta 3 took a pic with the on!

Here's mine before I tore it down.

20230116_204927 (resized).jpg20230116_204927 (resized).jpg
#2059 17 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At least 1 outta 3 took a pic with the on!

Haha, good point. I kept mine all incandescent. It was like a damn time capsule. There are days where I miss this game a bunch.

2020-01-10 003 (resized).jpeg2020-01-10 003 (resized).jpeg
#2060 17 days ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Going on seven years, the longest I've owned any game I believe! At one point I actually owned two [quoted image]

That’s an awesome topper. Well done.

#2061 17 days ago

Looking good and good luck!! I hope they knock it out of the park!

#2062 14 days ago

Here's mine before I tore it down.
[quoted image]

Are you restoring it?

I've actually thought about restoring mine but not sure it's worth it.

#2063 13 days ago
Quoted from kell:

Are you restoring it?
I've actually thought about restoring mine but not sure it's worth it.

No I don't do restorations. Just cleaned, new rubber, painted legs, new levers, new balls, new decals. Was already all LEDs and had NVRAM. Nice example but not CQ. I know my limits. My NIB Star Wars got a 2 inch scratch on the left side decal. I did what any sane person would do. I sold it for a $400 profit and bought another Star Wars NIB...lol.

#2064 13 days ago
Screenshot_20240415_170556_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240415_170556_Instagram (resized).jpg
#2065 13 days ago

Tom Wilson was born on April 15, 1959 (not 1955). He is 65 today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_F._Wilson

#2066 13 days ago

Happy Biffday

#2067 13 days ago
Quoted from skywelker:

i remember you buying it! I shoulda bought it and sold my other 2

#2068 13 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Tom Wilson was born on April 15, 1959 (not 1955). He is 65 today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_F._Wilson

Glad to know he wasn’t 30 playing 17/18

#2069 13 days ago

The more I think about this, the more I wish that it was just being made by a mainstream manufacturer like Stern or JJP. With Stern, you know it would pretty much be the BTTF equivalent of Jaws. Stern would have the assets, game would play well, be fast, etc. Nothing that would disappoint, but wouldn't be the biggest "wow" either. Dream scenario would be a WOZ type world from JJP, but play a whole lot better. As for DP, it's kind of like Metamorphic to me... I know they exist, but I've never seen one, don't know where to buy one, and don't know who would fix it if there was an issue.

#2070 13 days ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The more I think about this, the more I wish that it was just being made by a mainstream manufacturer like Stern or JJP. With Stern, you know it would pretty much be the BTTF equivalent of Jaws. Stern would have the assets, game would play well, be fast, etc. Nothing that would disappoint, but wouldn't be the biggest "wow" either. Dream scenario would be a WOZ type world from JJP, but play a whole lot better. As for DP, it's kind of like Metamorphic to me... I know they exist, but I've never seen one, don't know where to buy one, and don't know who would fix it if there was an issue.

I honestly think DP stole the championship of "world under the glass" from JJP. If you've seen The Big Lewbowski and then see the game, you'll see the detail they put into the game. If you haven't seen the movie, you'll love the mechanisms and gameplay of TBL. I can't speak to the repair part if it (its sort of a bad test case in my opinion as it was their first fo around and they switched who did the building of it during its run).But, big but, they did eventually honor all their early achievers. To me that speaks volumes of their ability to stand behind supporting their games. I know the situation wasn't ideal, but props to them for following through. Most businesses would have found a way to not honor their end of the bargain.

#2071 11 days ago

My NIB Star Wars got a 2 inch scratch on the left side decal. I did what any sane person would do. I sold it for a $400 profit and bought another Star Wars NIB...lol.

That is something I would do lol

#2072 11 days ago

I need dinner with Franchi. Puh puh please!

#2073 9 days ago
Screenshot_20240419_233353_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240419_233353_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2074 9 days ago

Happy Birthday Crispin.

crispin-glover-friday-the13th.gifcrispin-glover-friday-the13th.gif
#2075 7 days ago

I received this set as a birthday gift. These are Gashapon (Japanese capsule toys). My girlfriend says maybe I can put some on the pinball playfield when I get it.

Gashapon (resized).jpegGashapon (resized).jpeg
#2076 7 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I received this set as a birthday gift. These are Gashapon (Japanese capsule toys). My girlfriend says maybe I can put some on the pinball playfield when I get it.
[quoted image]

Dude. Badass.

#2078 6 days ago

Hah! Awesome, thanks for sharing, these are always a great little print!

#2079 5 days ago

Saw this art online today. Translite sorted!

BTTF (resized).pngBTTF (resized).png
#2080 5 days ago
Quoted from simbob:

[quoted image]

Nailed it

#2081 4 days ago
Quoted from simbob:

[quoted image]

Licensing nightmare; Nike, Pepsi, Texaco, Gibson, Ford

#2082 4 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

and Mattel

#2083 4 days ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

So maybe homepin has it and it will be “open source” lol. Add your own “license not approved” content.

#2084 4 days ago
Quoted from simbob:

[quoted image]

If you end up making a trans light out of that art, I’d buy one too if you’re open to taking my money? Thats the cats meow for sure…

#2088 4 days ago

Almost time!

Screenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpg
#2089 3 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Nice! I might have to go to Expo this year.

BTTF thread meet up?!

#2090 2 days ago

Let's go!

heavy.gifheavy.gif
#2091 2 days ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Let's go!
[quoted image]

Looks like I might be making it there Thursday night (the 17th) and hanging out until late Saturday. Anyone else making plans?

#2092 2 days ago

I just bought my tix and made my hotel reservation. This will be my first Expo, and the tipping point to get me to go was the BTTF reveal. I’m stoked (an 80s reference in honor of Marty McFly).

#2093 2 days ago

Well I work that weekend as I do every year...not likely to be able to get off either as it's flu shot season (I'm a pharmacist). I shall live the reveal vicariously through my best BTTF mates and the interwebs.

#2095 22 hours ago

There is so much content in these three movies. I hope Dutch has spent a long time considering how to place everything. The musical keys to set the tone, memorable quotes and callouts, mode specific scenes with progression through the story, functional mechs that interact with the code (Mr fusion, Flux capacitor, clock tower countdown/88mph spinner rips,), video display that integrates the time circuits, a way to time travel between all three (4) periods, Johnny B Goode multiball, manure multiball, save Clara hurry up, Wild Gunman video mode!

#2096 22 hours ago

Seriously hope they consulted some big BTTF/pinball fans. This is the franchise and license that needs special attention and care. I would rather wait another year than have a half baked/limited game now. Dutch, if you want some spitballed ideas, PM me.

#2097 14 hours ago

While we are hoping, I'd like it to be a great layout, great code, great art, all movie assets including original theme, Huey Lewis, ZZ Top, etc. And take less than two years from time of announcement to landing in my house. Oh, and also under $10k.

I like to think positively.

#2098 13 hours ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

While we are hoping, I'd like it to be a great layout, great code, great art, all movie assets including original theme, Huey Lewis, ZZ Top, etc. And take less than two years from time of announcement to landing in my house. Oh, and also under $10k.
I like to think positively.

Ooooh...that last one is gonna be tough brother. Who knows...maybe they can subsidize a "cheaper" entry level BTTF with an LE and SLE.

#2099 13 hours ago

Just seeing those clips is getting me hyped!

Edit...in response to Toyotaboy posted video above.

#2100 12 hours ago

Ughhh...Barry reached out to Kaneda and told him BTTF will not be at Expo...we should still get a reveal by the end of the year...maybe even Comicon 2024 New York (maybe)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 2,102 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bttf2-hype-great-scott/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.