20240416_080305 (resized).jpg
20240416_080456 (resized).jpg
20240416_080229 (resized).jpg
20240416_080137 (resized).jpg
IMG_4652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4651 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4649 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3153 4 years ago

Hi all. Just joined the club, picked up a nice example with color dmd included!
My question to the group is what the differences are with Chad’s Code and where do I get the ROMs?

#3162 4 years ago

Okay awesome response! I’ve made contact with Meloyelo51 and hope to hear back soon

#3164 4 years ago

Now that I’ve been testing my Baywatch, the skill shot for the side flipper doesn’t go all the way around to the kicker and lands in the pops. Am I safe to assume a stronger coil is needed? Any other tips here?

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Have you tried reflowing the solder, cleaning/replacing the coilbushing, and make shure the position of coil and brackets is still good and tightened.

Will try this things thanks!

#3171 4 years ago

Mine isn’t making it that far. The plunger also has a bit of play inside the sleeve, is that normal for this title?

#3174 4 years ago

Thanks for the responses, I’ll certainly do all the adjustments upon putting back together.
Lastly, does anyone have a spare of this plastic?

9F6AFC11-F367-461F-A09F-A34AAD843E3E (resized).jpeg9F6AFC11-F367-461F-A09F-A34AAD843E3E (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3178 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

So sorry to hear about that and I wish I had a solution for you. But until you find a new subway, I believe you can disable the trap door and keep playing!

You can, Bowen has it disabled in the Papa Tutorial

#3185 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I agree. I've owned and played the hell out of a wide variety of machines and definitely love me some Baywatch. Just a lot of different shots, tons of ramps, and some pretty fun flow. I just keep coming back to it and just don't see it leaving my collection. The addition of the large ColorDMD was great! Also added the enerGI maestro board to control the flasher blinking and to eliminate the annoying clicking from the relay.

Where do you get the enerGI board?

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Got one from another pinsider a year or two ago. Here's the original thread if you want to contact the pinsider that makes them: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-gi-smoother-for-data-east

FYI for anyone thinking of adding the EnerGI it’s out of production

#3194 4 years ago

I went with Titan yellow on mine

3 weeks later
#3215 4 years ago

My Baywatch restoration is starting to take shape. Great quality decals from Retro Refurbs, inner blades from Tilt Graphics. Going with blue cabinet and blue powdercoat

2D970916-B22F-4F36-95EC-6E1C52809A41 (resized).jpeg2D970916-B22F-4F36-95EC-6E1C52809A41 (resized).jpeg42DFDA1E-BB6F-4285-A8AA-C50E010AE388 (resized).jpeg42DFDA1E-BB6F-4285-A8AA-C50E010AE388 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3231 4 years ago

I’ve added my cliffy set too. Doesn’t seem to have the piece at the back mentioned before but the front lifts when I tighten the screws in place. Playfield now back in place as well. Now to replace plastics

555B679E-3CA6-4EF7-A394-F1AB039AE473 (resized).jpeg555B679E-3CA6-4EF7-A394-F1AB039AE473 (resized).jpeg0D7934E4-2A80-4084-A434-6AACC44A566E (resized).jpeg0D7934E4-2A80-4084-A434-6AACC44A566E (resized).jpegBFBAEFCC-3CB3-419B-A835-A5E7411489BC (resized).jpegBFBAEFCC-3CB3-419B-A835-A5E7411489BC (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3294 4 years ago

Has anyone else bought the plastic set from Pinball Center? The blue in the plastics is much darker than the originals but then a few plastics have the correct blue. Or is there somewhere else to buy a set?

#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I bought that, and indeed the blue is darker. I think when you change all, it will not be noticed. I needed it for some broken plastics. overall quality is fair not excellent. I did not see another option for a complete set.

Thanks for replying. It’s most noticeable when 2 of the adjacent plastics are 2 different shades of blue

ECEFD352-ABD1-4392-90AC-AB09A31D97C6 (resized).jpegECEFD352-ABD1-4392-90AC-AB09A31D97C6 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3344 4 years ago

More work done on my Baywatch restoration tonight, just waiting on cliffy ramp flaps to progress to the next step

F8A965A7-AE74-468D-B418-43CFDC7C90B2 (resized).jpegF8A965A7-AE74-468D-B418-43CFDC7C90B2 (resized).jpeg6ADA85C8-BB8C-41EB-B34B-AD6098F1954E (resized).jpeg6ADA85C8-BB8C-41EB-B34B-AD6098F1954E (resized).jpeg3640BE5B-E740-4E26-BAF1-6B0BB7DB3531 (resized).jpeg3640BE5B-E740-4E26-BAF1-6B0BB7DB3531 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3347 4 years ago

Another update, done the top of the playfield, need to work under it now

8823E71A-74FA-4F26-84ED-63C6691A00CE (resized).jpeg8823E71A-74FA-4F26-84ED-63C6691A00CE (resized).jpegA4B66FCF-067B-4898-8450-D4F64099FDB6 (resized).jpegA4B66FCF-067B-4898-8450-D4F64099FDB6 (resized).jpeg
#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Realy Nice!!

Where did you get your shark targets decals?

They were on the machine when I got it.

#3363 4 years ago

Now that my machine is restored and working, what tips are there for ensuring the skill shot side ramp works properly?
Mine gets the ball to the side coil 1 in 3 times and then the side coil fires it around to the flipper about 1 in 3 times also. This makes the side ramp skill shot a pretty rare occurrence. The correct coils are in each of the plunger spots and the 2 lift gates work fine

#3365 4 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I could use some advice, maybe from those who have done a restoration.
I noticed today that the two flash lamps mounted in the cabinet under the backbox and above the pop bumpers aren't working. Is there an easy way to access those bulbs? The opening inside the backbox is too narrow to see anything, the lamp covers are riveted on from the back and the front of the piece appears to be stapled to the inside of the cabinet.
How does one change those bulbs?

I literally just finished a restoration on this machine. Those bulbs should be screwed in, not riveted. Or at least the side that the bulb attaches to. Each bulb is on a L shaped bracket. You need to at least unscrew the 3 screws that attach that plate to the back of the machine. Worst case then carefully remove the staples to take the piece out if in fact yours is riveted

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Hi mate
Are you running Chads Baywatch code ? I know he tweaked the gate timing to make some shots more reliable. I'm not sure if that is your issue or not ?

Yes I am. Watching the Buffalo Pinball stream the Baywatch there fires the ball quite easily to the coil behind the shark flipper and quite powerfully back to the upper flipper. Mine does not do that

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Now that my machine is restored and working, what tips are there for ensuring the skill shot side ramp works properly?
Mine gets the ball to the side coil 1 in 3 times and then the side coil fires it around to the flipper about 1 in 3 times also. This makes the side ramp skill shot a pretty rare occurrence. The correct coils are in each of the plunger spots and the 2 lift gates work fine

I’ve replaced the coil, coil sleeve and springy washer and now the plunger is weaker than it was before on the auto plunge. Has anyone tried a stronger coil? If so which coil works?

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Maybe it’s not striking it perfectly square in the ball?
I have a feeling mines not hitting it perfect and just missing a bit of the power it should have

It is, still not making it around

#3384 4 years ago

Okay, the auto ball launch is officially driving me insane.
I have put washers under the plate to lift the entire ball assembly and when it shoots the ball is now making it around 2 out of 3 times.

The problem now is whenever I hit the right flipper the ball launch noise happens and kills all the skill shots. The ball launch noise happens constantly in gameplay when I hit the right flipper.

Would the diode possibly be in backwards? I copied the last coil setup

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Just to be safe, check the switch matrix for all things in the same lines, there could be a switch or contact wire faulty ie down the line
That could make weird things happen.

Switch test seems fine, nothing locked on or not working

#3391 4 years ago

I'm aware of that too but no, I'm only hitting the right flipper and nearly every time I flip the right flipper in gameplay, the game makes the noise like I missed the skill shot

1 month later
#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

TL;DR: Baywatch is a way better game than TV show.
After getting over my initial distaste for such a "cheesy" theme, I've been a proud Baywatch owner for about two years now. But recently, I've started to wonder who those people are on the playfield - I'd never seen an episode of the show and started to think that maybe my enjoyment would be enhanced with a little context. Noticing that the whole series is on Hulu, I started watching from the beginning all the way through Season 5, which is when Sega released the pin. Here's what I've discovered.
Baywatch started as an NBC action drama, similar in tone to Knight Rider or The A-Team, where an elite team works together to save lives. After the first season, they seem to have realized a). that there's only so many ways to rescue people on the beach and b). that wasn't the real reason people were tuning in. The focus of Season 2 shifted from high-speed rescues to slow-motion running, mostly by the female cast. They also started including serious messages in the plot, like the plight of endangered sea mammals, homeless white people, and straight people with AIDS. NBC ended Baywatch after two seasons, but it moved to syndication, which brought a higher budget and a wider audience. By Season 5 it was the world's most popular TV show.
The thing I found most interesting is that the pinball machine focuses so heavily on the cast, even though the cast changes dramatically from season to season. There are always major changes between seasons - one senior lifeguard who was killed off in the pilot was even brought back to life in the second year. So it turns out that the cast featured in the game is specific only to Season 5. Here's a quick run-down:
[quoted image] [quoted image]
LT. MITCH BUCHANON (David Hallelhoff): The face of Baywatch is a selfless hero, a wise mentor and a caring single dad (whose son, Hobie, conveniently disappears wherever Mitch gets a romantic story line). During Season 6, Mitch will do double duty on Baywatch Nights, a short-lived spinoff series where he and best friend Garner Elerbee solve crimes and later, investigate paranormal phenomena. Mitch may be unlucky at love but he has a heart of gold.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
LT. STEPHANIE HOLDEN (Alexandra Paul): Mitch's boss is also his ex-fianceé. She left him before Season 1 started but returned to take a big promotion as head of Baywatch in Season 3. There's a lot of romantic and professional tension between the two but their on-and-off relationship seldom interferes with their work. On the playfield and backglass, Stephanie is shown with long hair, which she chopped into a more manageable pixie cut in Season 5.
CAROLINE HOLDEN (Yasmine Bleeth): Caroline is featured in the gameplay, but isn't depicted on the playfield or backglass. She's Stephanie's younger sister, who had a one-episode guest role in Season 4 before showing up at Stephanie's door in Season 5, looking for a place to go after leaving her husband. She joins the team for a job and to get back to the former glory of her high school days. Caroline briefly had a crush on Matt before dating Australian bad-boy Logan Fowler.
[quoted image][quoted image]
CJ PARKER (Pamela Denise Anderson-Lee*): CJ also joined the cast in Season 3 as a former lifeguard returning to duty. Easily the smartest character on the show, she studies philosophy and speaks fluent Japanese. The beach-goers might drool over her, but her colleagues treat her with nothing but respect and professionalism. CJ shares an apartment with Stephanie and Caroline. (*Anderson was originally credited as Pamela Denise Anderson, later Pamela Anderson and, starting in Season 6, Pamela Lee).
MATT BRODY (David Charvet): Matt was a high school rookie in Season 3, along with his girlfriend Summer Quinn, but when Summer moved back home to Pittsburgh, Matt started dating CJ. He's the youngest lifeguard, and most in need of guidance from the senior members of the team. Matt's father (Dirk Benedict in one episode, before being re-cast!) is American and his mother is French - except in one Season 5 episode where his mother is American and his father is French. Consistency is not the show's strong suit. Matt would leave the show after Season 5 after being wrongfully accused of sexual harassment by evil alcoholic lifeguard Neely Capshaw.
[quoted image]
HOBIE BUCHANON (Jeremy Jackson): Mitch's son, an avid surfer, Junior Lifeguard and aspiring keyboard player. Jackson is actually the 2nd Hobie - the role was re-cast after Season 1.
[quoted image]
SHAUNI MCCLAIN (Erika Eleniak): Shauni left the show after 2 seasons, which makes one wonder why she gets such a prominent spot on the backglass, which otherwise concentrates on the Season 5 cast.
[quoted image]
SUMMER QUINN: (Nicole Eggert): Summer joined Baywatch in Season 3 (replacing Shauni on the roster) and left after Season 4. She was Matt's girlfriend and her relentless, jealous whining will not be missed.
MICHAEL "NEWMIE" NEWMAN (Michael "Newmie" Newman): Hired as a consultant and an extra in the action sequences, Newman was an actual LA County Lifeguard. Eventually, they gave him a few lines and he became a regular fixture on the show. This drawing of him on the playfield doesn't do him justice at all - he's way hotter than this.
[quoted image]
UNKNOWN: I have no idea who this is supposed to be. Maybe it's Caroline with blond hair. Or maybe it's Neely Capshaw, who would join full-time in Season 6.
OTHER STUFF: For the most part, the rescue modes in the game aren't specific to the plot - there are lots of instances on the show of lifeguards rescuing divers or performing CPR - but there are a few exceptions. There is an episode featuring a giant squid. The Season 5 premiere featured an earthquake and led to this scene:
[quoted image]
Summer Quinn's mom, aspiring nightclub singer Jackie (Susan Anton) is trapped in the camper. When I got a ColorDMD for Baywatch I wondered why they made the car brown - such a dull color when they could have picked anything! Well, here's the answer.
In summary, the show is really cheesy and sometimes so bad that it's hard to watch. The best action episode is Season 3, episode 11, where CJ is knocked unconscious on a speedboat zooming towards a pier where the governor is giving a speech. The best acting of the series is in Season 4, episode 16, where Carrie-Ann Moss (5 years before The Matrix!) plays a woman with a split personality who kidnaps and nearly drowns Mitch. The worst episode is probably Season 2, Episode 16, where Matt dreams he's on Gilligan's Island (Bob Denver and Dawn Wells guest star). So was my enjoyment of the game enhanced by the context? Yes, probably. Will I continue watching seasons 6 through 11? Yes, definitely.

I enjoyed reading the summary thanks. However you do have a couple of the pictures wrong (The playfield picture of them all in the boat) The one you marked as CJ is actually Shauni and the one you have marked as Summer is actually CJ. I believe the one you have as unknown is CJ as well.

#3443 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I agree, it's hard to tell them apart - we'd have to ask Marcus Rothkrantz to be sure. But Shauni's hair was never that long and it's unlikely that CJ would appear twice in the same illustration.

I’m pretty sure this is the Shauni inspiration on the playfield. Hair looks long enough to me lol

23F19F44-87D5-4AB1-B338-313E17E1D584 (resized).jpeg23F19F44-87D5-4AB1-B338-313E17E1D584 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3474 3 years ago

My Baywatch has started repeatedly firing the ball upkicker coil multiple times each ball even though a ball has been kicked up to the shooter. I’m suspecting an opto problem? When the upkicker fires and breaks the beam are both opto lights supposed to turn off?

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I had that, too. Cleaned the optos and it went away. But if it persists, I'd change them out.

I cleaned the opto boards and it still happens. To change them isn’t cheap. Would that be the only thing causing the coil to fire multiple times every time a ball is launched?

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Well if the game keeps shooting out more than one ball at a time when it shouldn't then it most likely an opto problem. If the coil in the shooter lane keeps firing then it is likely the shooter lane switch in front of the plunger needs adjustment or is bad.

It shoots just 1 ball into the shooter lane, never more but then the coil fires a few times thinking a ball probably isn’t in the shooter lane. I’ll look at the switch in the shooter lane cheers

1 week later
#3487 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can someone send me scans of this plastic ramp, especially "ironman" one if in very good condition?
thanks

I have that ramp, there has a repair done near the back though, let me know if interested

1 month later
#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

[quoted image]
Had to see the plastic. (Added pic) Will keep an eye out and let you know If i see one.

I have one but I do live in Australia
PM if you’re interested

3 weeks later
#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Sorry, no before/after pics, but i can't believe I haven't seen it talked about on this thread yet. The glare from the DMD was worse than other games mainly because it's larger. I really couldn't see the back of the game hardly at all. Tonight I installed Comet's ant-glare screen and I have pretty much no glare at all. I'm very happy with this product.
I put in all the easyGI LEDs, controlled lamps, and flashers tonight as well, but my count was off, so another order to Comet made tonight. I'm not going to attempt most of the GI yet, but maybe in a few months if other bulbs start to go out. I'm not excited about it.
I cannot wait for Chad's code to come in.

Where do you install the anti glare screen? Behind the speaker panel?

1 month later
#3620 3 years ago

Every time I hit the left flipper the slingshots fire, does anyone have a solution as to why this may happen?

#3622 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Switch leaves are gapped too close ?
Did you adjust the switches or replace the rubbers ?

It was most of the row not just the 2 slingshots so made an adjustment to the flipper board funny enough and it seems fine for now

3 months later
#3783 3 years ago

I’ve got something weird happening with my machine. Upon startup my dmd (it’s a color dmd) boots up and shows the rom version, then goes blank, no picture at all. Any thoughts on where to start here?

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Has it ever worked? or did you just install it?

Yes working fine for a few months

#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Is the memory card making good contact.

What memory card?

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Maybe check to make sure the ribbon cables haven't loosened up? If the rom version shows at boot then it must be getting power, so maybe it isn't getting the information for what to display.
Other than that, maybe re-installing the rom file?

Tried reinstalling the rom file and same problem. Reseated all the ribbon cables too. Weird because the menu works on the display and the rom version at boot up and that’s all

#3799 3 years ago

Solved the DMD problem once I replaced the large ribbon cable but I do get quite of bit of glare from the color dmd onto the glass. Someone mentioned anti glare glass or something to put in front of the color dmd to reduce glare?

23F323F7-AC93-4184-8036-24C128D036FB (resized).jpeg23F323F7-AC93-4184-8036-24C128D036FB (resized).jpeg
#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I use one of these - it's simple, effective and way cheaper than anti-glare glass.
https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

Thanks, will order one. Does it install at the top or bottom of the dmd? I would assume the top

#3805 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Below - you insert it between the play field glass and the back rail.

I’m not quite getting what you mean sorry. Can I see a pic installed please?

52C2FDBC-17B3-4391-BE42-6A9C9CE65FA5 (resized).jpeg52C2FDBC-17B3-4391-BE42-6A9C9CE65FA5 (resized).jpeg
#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from 29REO:

allsportdvd Mind posting a pic of your entire playfield, those blue wire forms look really good.

Sure. Would you prefer lights on or off?

#3810 3 years ago

Here you go with a few pics, hope they help. I painted the backbox blue as well

2495D20C-80AD-440F-B874-6568143802AA (resized).jpeg2495D20C-80AD-440F-B874-6568143802AA (resized).jpeg68464B88-97C5-41DD-804F-DC54BC3D28D0 (resized).jpeg68464B88-97C5-41DD-804F-DC54BC3D28D0 (resized).jpeg95AC7BB0-7C14-455D-A6AA-9159195C8FBF (resized).jpeg95AC7BB0-7C14-455D-A6AA-9159195C8FBF (resized).jpegB536B59A-D1E2-4B97-96B5-BFE6F42E5701 (resized).jpegB536B59A-D1E2-4B97-96B5-BFE6F42E5701 (resized).jpegC1E18867-9196-445D-81A8-E8B9A2049536 (resized).jpegC1E18867-9196-445D-81A8-E8B9A2049536 (resized).jpeg
#3812 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Here are some photos, showing how it gets wedged between the glass and the plastic rail.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for that. It’s a bit ugly looking like that and everything on my machine is blue as well

#3817 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I have Comet's and it works great. It cut out most of the glare and you would never know it is there.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/dmd-glare-eliminators

I’m going to try one of the comet pinball ones vs the pinball life style and see how I go. Ordered both to compare though

1 week later
#3839 3 years ago

Update to my glare problem. The comet version arrived first and seems like a much cleaner solution than the plastic from Pinballlife so it’s installed.
Here are the before and after pics. Certainly happy with Comet but had to up the brightness a bit afterwards

7EC55071-2E23-4989-BA97-C58C0E534F46 (resized).jpeg7EC55071-2E23-4989-BA97-C58C0E534F46 (resized).jpegC18A0181-54B0-41E6-872E-3A005C565115 (resized).jpegC18A0181-54B0-41E6-872E-3A005C565115 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

What scores are you all getting? I had an epic game for me and got 1.2 million. I know, for you good players, that probably is not much, but it kills any score anybody else in family can do.

Pretty sure you can get 10 million for landing the skill shot so 1.2 million is beatable lol
In all seriousness I probably average 400 odd million, cracking the billion isn’t the easiest task and I run chads code

2 months later
#3923 2 years ago

I did powdercoated blue wire forms and apron

09F07789-C2E9-4604-8395-A9BBAAB0799E (resized).jpeg09F07789-C2E9-4604-8395-A9BBAAB0799E (resized).jpeg808D5FE3-3B34-4C94-BC49-BAF78B0D6262 (resized).jpeg808D5FE3-3B34-4C94-BC49-BAF78B0D6262 (resized).jpegAC736225-87A7-4469-BA43-476907D7C949 (resized).jpegAC736225-87A7-4469-BA43-476907D7C949 (resized).jpeg
#3931 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Getting Baywatch adjusted now and it comes out of the launch ramp pretty slowly - slowly enough that it drops into the pops instead of continuing around and down to the shark flipper area. I'll up the coil power to high and see how it goes - any other advice?

It's quite tough to get the timing down correctly with the power and gate opening, doesn't always work. Best thing I found was adjusting the bolts/washers under the plate to make sure the plunger hits the ball in the middle

2 months later
6 months later
#4250 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

It’s coming along nice. It’s been cleaned and waxed. Now I just need to wait for all of the parts to come in. I ordered a set of three new drop targets (the old ones are all broken), new feet and bolts for the bottom of the legs, an LED kit (from Comet Pinball), new art blades for the inside, a new braided grounding wire, new score cards (one’s missing and the other one looks like garbage), new rubber band kit, new coin box for inside the cabinet, some new target stickers, new translite plastic clips (the translite was just taped to the glass and it was all dirty), a 4.01 Firmware Chip, and a new instruction manual for the machine (it didn’t come with one). For the icing on the cake I ordered a Baywatch keychain to put the pinball keys on.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would also order a new Life Guard Tower, you're is broken, missing the handrail on the right

#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

ColorDMD is a must. With the orange the animations really don't stand out, but the ColorDMD folks knocked it out of the park. Plus, sell your OG DMD if still good and get half your money back on the ColorDMD. Even use the ColorDMD box to ship the OG display.
Yours might already have, but the 5V display kit for the serivice bulliton is a must if your DMD cuts out on you while playing. Works like a charm.
Shaker, don't know. I'm in the camp that doesn't like moving old electronics around like that.
Chad's code is great, but not a must. What I really wish I had was an OCD LED controller, but not available. Chad's code help, but what can be done with code is limited.
Some people like putting Barbie Doll toys, plastic aquatic animals, and plastic palm trees; I would avoid that.

I went with plastic palm trees at the back and I quite like the result but understand it’s not for everyone
I also went with mirror blades with the decals over the top of them

42F560BF-4781-44E6-B088-5A16C2ABA8FF (resized).jpeg42F560BF-4781-44E6-B088-5A16C2ABA8FF (resized).jpeg6E22DE83-B64F-412F-A041-5B725F4845E7 (resized).jpeg6E22DE83-B64F-412F-A041-5B725F4845E7 (resized).jpeg763DF979-404D-4728-8D76-786728FCF9FE (resized).jpeg763DF979-404D-4728-8D76-786728FCF9FE (resized).jpeg81FEEAE0-90AC-4CFB-8396-C47F1907417F (resized).jpeg81FEEAE0-90AC-4CFB-8396-C47F1907417F (resized).jpegAA8C3C6C-32BF-4460-ADF8-F1394C3314A4 (resized).jpegAA8C3C6C-32BF-4460-ADF8-F1394C3314A4 (resized).jpeg
#4268 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Oh oh! Somebody call OSHA. No handrails on the guard tower. Look out CJ!

I know right! Didn't know it was missing until after the custom paint job lol. If I find another with rails I'll get it painted as well

#4273 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The powder coat looks good. Did you paint the front of the back box blue? It looks cool like that.
CosmoConstant Don't forget Cliffy's. The shark hole really needs it.

I painted the whole cabinet blue.

I also have cliffy's on the shark hole

#4279 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I want to superglue a tiny little Pamela Anderson into my lifeguard tower. Any clue where I can find one? I’m using Google and not finding what I am looking for. I want the size to be pretty close to the correct size that someone would be standing in the lifeguard tower.

Don't think such a thing exists - buy a mini barbie doll? That's close enough in my opinion

#4281 2 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

She doesn't have to be Pamela - just has to be stacked.[quoted image]

LOL that was my point - barbie dolls are "stacked"

1 week later
#4320 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Can you use any flipper rubbers on Sega flippers? Playing today and flipper rubber broke, was having a good game, too! I would like to replace all three flipper rubbers plus the shark flipper rubber . . . sizes for this game? Do not have a manual. Thanks.

Standard flipper rubbers on the 3 main flippers and 1 inch flipper rubber on the shark

1 month later
#4475 1 year ago

Here’s my custom painted shack (missing the rails though) it’s slightly lighter than the above if that helps people
I may be interested in the 3D rails if the price is right.

EFD1F773-46DF-471B-95F5-B09CEC141FEE (resized).jpegEFD1F773-46DF-471B-95F5-B09CEC141FEE (resized).jpeg
#4482 1 year ago
Quoted from mayo:

where did you get your blue ramps ? also how did you fix your palm trees ?

I powdercoated the existing ramps blue and the palm trees are attached by drilling a small hole in the bottom of them and then just twisting to the top of the posts that have a hex nut on them

1 year later
#5003 10 months ago

I think photos of the machine are in order. Could be a prototype however unlikely. More likely someone decided to change the backbox light and red art on cabinets very commonly changed to yellow first (see every Johnny Mnemonic)

2 months later
#5043 8 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Happy to be the newest member to the club! This machine just arrived and in usual fashion I’m right into some improvements. Added the mirrored art blades, illuminated blue star posts, fire LEDs under the slings, and subtle but popped an LED into the float here that lights with the laser kick. Just got to add my colour DMD, Pinsound and a dolphin and should be set.
Oh and cure the inconsistency of the right kickback to load the Ironman skill shot. Makes it only about 1/4 of the time
[quoted image]

Welcome
How do you plan to increase the consistency of the kickback?
I find that and the shooter plunger to be wildly inconsistent

2 weeks later
#5052 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Check out my post from long ago, following advise from yellowghost, narrow the width of the kick back lane.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only/page/67#post-5506343

My kick out from the side kickback is fine, it’s my plunger that needs work
Anyone add a stronger coil to the plunger? If I choose shark or upper flipper skill shot the ball never makes it around

6 months later
#5084 47 days ago

I second that, it’s not every game, just like the squid girl

2 weeks later
#5114 30 days ago
Quoted from Tres:

Where’s the best place to source cabinet decals? I picked up a Baywatch and the cabinet is in rough condition.
Anyone have experience with Retro Refurbs Baywatch decals?

I went with Retro Refurbs as was pretty happy with the result. Note the tops of the girls heads on the side art will get a little more cut off than the originals

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 259.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/baywatch-clubmembers-only?tu=allsportdvd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.