Screenshot_20240318_092838_Gallery (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 212.
#10501 69 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

I think the start button stops flashing due to the setting that allows the lights to dim after a period time in attract mode, but I could be wrong.
Below are some of those Adjustment settings I’m referencing, but I’m sure LTG would know:
A.1 25 Allow Dim Illumination
A.1 29 General Illumination Power Saver
A.1 30 Power Saver Level

I wanted to follow up on this…changed settings on A1 29 and that seems to have done the trick. Was thinking these were just playfield settings. Thanks again!

#10502 63 days ago

I completed my first ever Dirty Pool and now I realize why so many people enjoy and rave about it. Was such a great feeling\moment that is right up there with making the smart missile shot on JP for me, but of course a lot harder to get. Just wish they had an audit for Dirty Pool.

#10503 63 days ago

I completed my first ever Dirty Pool and now I realize why so many people enjoy and rave about it. Was such a great feeling\moment that is right up there with making the smart missile shot on JP for me, but of course a lot harder to get. Just wish they had an audit for Dirty Pool.

Dirty Pool Auditor...

caddyshack.gifcaddyshack.gif
#10504 59 days ago

I might be naive, but what is Dirty Pool??
Is this something on Attack from Mars?

#10505 59 days ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Dirty pool is a fun/rare achievement that I've only done once. When starting a multiball it is possible with just the right timing (it's more by accident than intentional) to trap a ball behind the target gate just before it rises after defeating a mothership. Now you have a ball behind the targets where you can then bash the targets with a regular ball and transfer the momentum to the ball behind the targets and into the standup target/opening.

I believe that AFM is not alone when it comes to Dirty Pool, but I've personally not experienced it on any other game.

Here is an example on a virtual pinball game:

#10506 59 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Dirty pool is a fun/rare achievement that I've only done once. When starting a multiball it is possible with just the right timing (it's more by accident than intentional) to trap a ball behind the target gate just before it rises after defeating a mothership. Now you have a ball behind the targets where you can then bash the targets with a regular ball and transfer the momentum to the ball behind the targets and into the standup target/opening.
I believe that AFM is not alone when it comes to Dirty Pool, but I've personally not experienced it on any other game.

Cool, thanks!! Appreciate your response and video. Makes sense now.

#10507 58 days ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Here’s the only video I could find of it being done on an actual machine, it’s pretty neat and I just thought it would be like, “ok, that was neat”, but it just felt like such a cool accomplishment, for me that is.

And like Mr. Tantrum said, it kinda happens by accident. I had two balls staged and the first one went into the hole after the one that destroyed the saucer, but luckily the 2nd just hit the right spot and stayed in there and figured I’d drain the other, but luckily I didn’t.

1 week later
#10508 52 days ago

We are gauging interest in MMR RGB kits and XL Display kits. XL display kits will be available for all models with the small display. feel free to email [email protected] to get on a list. We are ordering parts now and since these have not been offered in quite some time, we want to make sure all who want them can get them.

#10509 52 days ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

We are gauging interest in MMR RGB kits and XL Display kits. XL display kits will be available for all models with the small display. feel free to email [email protected] to get on a list. We are ordering parts now and since these have not been offered in quite some time, we want to make sure all who want them can get them.

I'm interested in the XL display kit, but do you have any info on the price?

#10510 52 days ago

I am looking for a set of plastic protectors for my AFM Remake. I want the fluorescent colored ones.

This place sells them: https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-plastic-protectors, but it is only for the slings and return lanes. I am looking for ones that protect all the plastics on the playfield. PinBits from 8 years ago sold them all, but they are outta business. I am looking for ones that are fluorescent green at the slings, red and orange elsewhere, like in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-pinbits-colored-plastic-protectors

If anyone knows, please let me know.

#10511 52 days ago
Quoted from AfmRoTU:

I am looking for a set of plastic protectors for my AFM Remake. I want the fluorescent colored ones.
This place sells them: https://mezelmods.com/collections/attack-from-mars-pinball-mods/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-plastic-protectors, but it is only for the slings and return lanes. I am looking for ones that protect all the plastics on the playfield. PinBits from 8 years ago sold them all, but they are outta business. I am looking for ones that are fluorescent green at the slings, red and orange elsewhere, like in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-pinbits-colored-plastic-protectors
If anyone knows, please let me know.

I've been thinking about offering laser cut 8-piece sets of these in fluorescent green color if there was enough interest. I'd want to sell at least 5 sets, and not sure what my pricing would be (haven't figured out materials cost yet), but probably $50-$60 + shipping for a full set I'm guessing. I actually have a Pinbits set on my game which I would have to remove in order to create the cut templates.

Anyone interested in pursuing?

#10512 52 days ago

Like AfmRoTU I'd be interested in a set but would want them color matched as they noted.

#10513 52 days ago

Now you're just being difficult . However, I could theoretically do red, orange, and green fluorescent. However, the all green (what I have) looks really good IMO.

Even so, if you were to "color match" I would suggest doing green on large left and right plastics, left on slings (otherwise you will discolor the Martian on left sling), and orange on the lane returns and mothership. Fluorescent red is really kind of a pink color and not sure how well that would look in person (photos don't really present it well).

To avoid confusion, if there is enough interest I would prefer that all sets are the same if everyone can come to a consensus.

IMG_0406 (resized).JPGIMG_0406 (resized).JPG

#10514 52 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Now you're just being difficult . However, I could theoretically do red, orange, and green fluorescent. However, the all green (what I have) looks really good IMO.
Even so, if you were to "color match" I would suggest doing green on large left and right plastics, left on slings (otherwise you will discolor the Martian on left sling), and orange on the lane returns and mothership. Fluorescent red is really kind of a pink color and not sure how well that would look in person (photos don't really present it well).
[quoted image]

Ok, the discoloring of the martians convinced me. I am in for a set of all fluorescent green.
Can you do an all red set for BK2K as well?

#10515 52 days ago

Florescent Green
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Florescent Orange

Florescent Red

#10516 52 days ago
Quoted from AfmRoTU:

Ok, the discoloring of the Martians convinced me. I am in for a set of all fluorescent green.
Can you do an all red set for BK2K as well?

I think all green works but wouldn't be opposed to orange lane returns & mothership. I think I may have some scrap that I can hold up and take some photos to give an idea to everyone.

I don't have the plastics to create a template from. If someone were to scan the BK2K plastics that need protectors then I could certainly design a set.

#10517 52 days ago

Also, important note on AFM plastic protectors. The florescent acrylic is 1/8" thick what this means is that the regular nuts will not longer catch the threads of the posts. What everyone will need to do is acquire some low-profile/thin jam nylon insert nuts to replace the originals. I previously had a source for these locally, but my friends sold their fastener business a couple of years ago. I'm sure you can find them online somewhere (maybe even Amazon).

#10518 52 days ago

orange certainly washes out the greens, but looks good behind the red/orange lane returns

IMG_0407 (resized).JPGIMG_0407 (resized).JPGIMG_0408 (resized).JPGIMG_0408 (resized).JPG
#10519 52 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think all green works but wouldn't be opposed to orange lane returns & mothership. I think I may have some scrap that I can hold up and take some photos to give an idea to everyone.
I don't have the plastics to create a template from. If someone were to scan the BK2K plastics that need protectors then I could certainly design a set.

I can do that for ya.

#10520 52 days ago
Quoted from AfmRoTU:

I can do that for ya.

Mr_Tantrum , please DM me an email to send you the scans

#10521 52 days ago
Quoted from AfmRoTU:

Mr_Tantrum , please DM me an email to send you the scans

Actually, @mr_tantrum, I just uploaded them to my onedrive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvsKHO5oojFMsfZbBImAT21sDGf75A?e=VIcNHA

There is one piece too large for my scanner, so it's on the first and second scans, you can stitch together.

#10522 52 days ago

Hey I have an AFM classic and wanted to ask the fortunate owners of Specials and LE’s what sub came with their game??
This was the one in my classic. Is yours upgraded?
Thanks

IMG_3716 (resized).jpegIMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
#10523 51 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, important note on AFM plastic protectors. The florescent acrylic is 1/8" thick what this means is that the regular nuts will not longer catch the threads of the posts. What everyone will need to do is acquire some low-profile/thin jam nylon insert nuts to replace the originals. I previously had a source for these locally, but my friends sold their fastener business a couple of years ago. I'm sure you can find them online somewhere (maybe even Amazon).
[quoted image]

Do you know the size of these by chance?

#10524 51 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Do you know the size of these by chance?

Not off the top of my head. You just need to look at your game, count how many there are, and figure out the size from an existing nut. They are one of the standard pinball sizes.

#10525 51 days ago

Interest in plastic protector set thus far (please let me know if you want added to the list):

- AfmRoTU x2
- Desmodromic

I ordered a set of florescent samples of each color my supplier has (orange, green, yellow, red, blue) which should be here next week sometime. If I can get 5 people committed to purchasing then I'll move forward with pulling the protectors from my game and recreating the shapes. After that, I can figure out amount of materials required, etc. and set a price. I will treat this as a project which means I will only do an initial bulk order (i.e. I won't be doing one-offs on demand). Once pricing is settled and everyone agrees on the colors to use (I'm leaning either all green or orange for lane returns and mothership), I'll require payment and set a deadline. Once everyone pays who wants a set, then I'll order materials, produce the protectors, and ship.

#10526 51 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Hey I have an AFM classic and wanted to ask the fortunate owners of Specials and LE’s what sub came with their game??
This was the one in my classic. Is yours upgraded?
Thanks
[quoted image]

Can confirm, this is the same cab speaker that was factory installed in my AFMr LE. I added an external sub and man, what a difference!

#10527 51 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Interest in plastic protector set thus far (please let me know if you want added to the list):
- AfmRoTU x2
- Desmodromic
I ordered a set of florescent samples of each color my supplier has (orange, green, yellow, red, blue) which should be here next week sometime. If I can get 5 people committed to purchasing then I'll move forward with pulling the protectors from my game and recreating the shapes. After that, I can figure out amount of materials required, etc. and set a price. I will treat this as a project which means I will only do an initial bulk order (i.e. I won't be doing one-offs on demand). Once pricing is settled and everyone agrees on the colors to use (I'm leaning either all green or orange for lane returns and mothership), I'll require payment and set a deadline. Once everyone pays who wants a set, then I'll order materials, produce the protectors, and ship.

Good call on green + orange for the return lanes and MS since those are all black/red/orange and won't alter the colors much.

#10528 51 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The term "Dirty Pool" in pinball machines originated from the 1993 Bally's pinball machine, "The Addams Family." In the game, there's a shot called the "Vault" that's usually blocked by the "Bookcase." However, if a player manages to get the ball into the Vault without opening the Bookcase (by spelling the word "GREED"), Gomez (one of the game's characters) says, "Dirty pool, old man. I like it!"
This phrase became popular among pinball enthusiasts and is now used to describe a shot that's technically not supposed to be possible but can be achieved through skill or luck. So, when someone pulls off a "Dirty Pool" in pinball, they've essentially done something that's considered "impossible" within the rules of the game, making it an impressive feat!

(Thanks Pi.ai!).

btw IJ has this as well if you lock a ball with the drop target up (airball) it says "You cheat Dr. Jones!".

#10529 51 days ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Can confirm, this is the same cab speaker that was factory installed in my AFMr LE. I added an external sub and man, what a difference!

Nice! And just when you thought the LE couldn’t get any better?

Thanks for the reply

#10530 45 days ago

Okay, it's time to get serious about AFM florescent plastic protectors. I received the samples today and they look fantastic. Hard to tell from the photos, but the green and orange glow brighter than the others on the edges and look fantastic!

I will offer 8-piece sets as follows (this combination looks the best to me):
- Left & right mothership = orange
- Left & right lane returns = orange
- Left & right sides = green
- Left & right slings = green

I'm still not ready to quote a final price, but I need to know at this point who is seriously interested. Based upon interest, after removing my current installed set I can determine how much material will be required for my to fulfill orders, and thus set a final price.

Please post your interest in this thread, or if not comfortable doing so you can PM me. I'll keep a running total of those interested through the weekend, and figure out after that what pricing will be. Once I set the price everyone will have the option to be included in the run or not. After a few days I will freeze orders, require payment, order the acrylic, and begin production.

IMG_0456 (resized).JPGIMG_0456 (resized).JPGIMG_0457 (resized).JPGIMG_0457 (resized).JPGIMG_0458 (resized).JPGIMG_0458 (resized).JPGIMG_0459 (resized).JPGIMG_0459 (resized).JPGpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10531 45 days ago

BTW, I've had a couple of people PM me about pricing. I want the sets to be as affordable as I can make them. Cost of materials, shipping, and something for my time will be considered. Until I have an idea of what I can fit on a sheet and about how many are interested I just can't commit to a price. I'm currently guessing in the $50-$60 range, but want to nail that down for everyone as soon as I can. The better idea I have of how many sets will need to be made, the more accurate I can be with what I charge (i.e. It will cost a lot more per set if I make 1 or 2 verses 10, 20, etc.)

If you truly are interested, please let me know as there is no commitment on anyone's part until I actually set the price and take orders for production. I understand if your budget is $40 and I come it at $60 that may price you out, so if anyone needs to back out of the deal when the time comes that is just fine and no hard feelings.

#10532 45 days ago

Mr_Tantrum - Put me down for a set please.

#10533 45 days ago

I have the yellow for all and it looks AMAZING!

#10534 45 days ago

Could someone please confirm the nut size used on all the plastics for AFM? I think the are #8-32, but not 100% sure. Since low profile nuts are required when using protectors and not that easy to find at an affordable price (better in bulk), my thought is that I would include the 11 needed for the plastics with orders.

#10535 45 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think the are #8-32,

You think right.

LTG : )

#10536 44 days ago

FYI, I have interest for 4 sets thus far. I really need a few more to make it worth my time and effort. Either today or tomorrow I should have the time to create the shapes for laser cutting and lay them out to figure out how much material I need, then I can provide a firm price.

#10537 44 days ago

Protector shapes are done.

In the set I had there were a couple of errors (at least I would consider them as such) which I fixed. Basically, some of the holes were large enough for under plastic hardware to recess into while other holes required the hardware to be fastened to the underside of the protector. I enlarged two holes (one on each of the larger protectors) so that the hardware would recess into all holes. Thus, all hardware shall fasten on the underside of the original plastics and not the protectors.

#10538 43 days ago

An issue on my AFMRLE where you start up the game and all switches are constantly registering so the score just explodes, total annihilation in a second, dirty pool, etc. Any idea what might be causing it?

#10539 43 days ago

AFM plastic protector update . . .

Based on current commitments I've set the price at $60 per set including US shipping. The set will be laser cut using 1/8" florescent green and orange acrylic (pieces colored as attached). I will also include 12 low profile 8-32 lock nuts with each order.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a set, you need to PM me by no later than 8:00am central this Monday (day after tomorrow). At that time I will lock in orders and require payment.

#10540 42 days ago

Thanks for those who have committed to purchasing a set of protectors thus far. I'm closing orders tomorrow at 9:00am central. After that it will be too late to get in on the run as I'm ordering all materials at that time and not buying any extras, so please let me know if you want to purchase a set.

#10541 41 days ago

I'll be closing ordering for the plastic protector sets in just over 1 hour. Please PM me ASAP if you still want to get in on a set.

#10542 41 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'll be closing ordering for the plastic protector sets in just over 1 hour. Please PM me ASAP if you still want to get in on a set.

Sent ya a PM

#10543 41 days ago

Plastic protector orders are now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.

I just finished ordering all of the necessary materials to fulfil the 11 orders. I assume I'll receive everything by early next week at the latest and will immediately start production once I receive the acrylic sheets. If everything goes as planned, I'll be shipping out orders late next week and will provide tracking to each individual in a PM.

#10544 41 days ago

Replacing the Lobster ramp flap. Found the part and it's on its way.
Seeking assistance for identifying and securing the specific rivet utilized. Appreciate anyone that could point me to a source for the rivets and tool.
Attached photo for reference (not the Lobster ramp)
*Also posted on original AFM thread, seeking information*

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Big Willy

Screenshot_20240318_092838_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240318_092838_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240318_092901_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240318_092901_Gallery (resized).jpg
#10545 41 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Replacing the Lobster ramp flap. Found the part and it's on its way.
Seeking assistance for identifying and securing the specific rivet utilized. Appreciate anyone that could point me to a source for the rivets and tool.
Attached photo for reference (not the Lobster ramp)
*Also posted on original AFM thread, seeking information*
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Big Willy
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found Ramp-O-Matic
https://rampomatic.com/search?q=rivets&type=product

#10546 38 days ago

FYI to those who ordered plastic protectors. Not sure what the delay is, but supplier still has not shipped my acrylic order. Once shipped, will probably take about 4 days to get to me (California to Texas). I have all the files prepped so I'll laser cut and ship out sets as quickly as possible once I receive the materials.

This is nuts...
IMG_0547 (resized).JPGIMG_0547 (resized).JPG

BTW, these are stainless steel so be careful when installing as you won't be able to use a magnet to retrieve them if they fall down into hard to reach areas. Also, I'm including 12 nuts with each order even though only 11 are needed.

#10547 34 days ago

It’s time to use the laser on those filthy Martians!

82811421-ED1C-4870-B24A-B741D5DE9D2A (resized).jpeg82811421-ED1C-4870-B24A-B741D5DE9D2A (resized).jpeg
#10548 33 days ago

Protectors are done! Working on packaging today and will send PMs when sets are shipped.

IMG_0589 (resized).JPGIMG_0589 (resized).JPG

All packaged.

IMG_0590 (resized).JPGIMG_0590 (resized).JPG

Just got back from Post Office. All sets have shipped. Thank you to everyone who purchased a set. Also, thanks to everyone for giving me a use for all those large cardboard boxes I had stowed away in the attic.

#10549 31 days ago

Had enough material to make one extra set of orange lane returns. Just replaced my original green ones, and I have to admit that I really like the orange.

IMG_0612 (resized).JPGIMG_0612 (resized).JPG
#10550 28 days ago

Can someone tell me what needs to be adjusted to stop getting Dirty Pool at the wrong time? No ball was trapped behind the drop targets, but I got that call out 3x yesterday afternoon and each time I had just shot the lock shot. It varied happening between the 1st and 2nd lock shot, it never happened when lighting the lock shot.
Thanks for your help.
Tina

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,700 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

5,400 (OBO)
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,564 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/211 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.