IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #253 KISS shooter lane protector on Aerosmith Posted by Shapeshifter (6 years ago)

Post #575 Toybox Kickout protector pictures Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #616 Full protector set pic for Prem/LE Aerosmith Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Spike and Spike 2 sudden reset fix information Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.
#1 7 years ago

Calling all owners of the next sleeper hit from Stern! Get your pics, scores, strategies and mods up in here.

My Pro landed today.
Get into the volume settings first, turn the bass and treble up!
This is a hit, fair and square. Don't know enough yet about rules to get too deep into it. But man, this thing rocks, straight out of the box.
Got something going by about game 5. Was trying to hold off the toy box MB, but got double scoring from the scoop so thought I'd go for it.

IMG20170322135349 (resized).jpgIMG20170322135349 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Shots..

Left saucer, super safe backhand if you pop the ball out along to the nose of the flipper.

Left orbit, pops seem a little more open than KISS. Definitely easier than X-Men.

Left/centre ramp, tight, but interesting pay. It only has to just make it through the apex of the bend and it slopes down quickly. I keep thinking I haven't made it and then it keeps going. Sweet.

Elevator, gimme. Backhandable.

Lock shot, tight but bounces in a lot. You won't be searching for this lock.

Right ramp, ahhh, another tight one. But forgiving if you miss it. Doesn't seem to send you DTM.

Right orbit. Sorta normal.

All in all, definitely tighter than average shots, but light on the punishment if you miss.

Outlanes are not at all hungry. I think this may get a reputation for long ball times.

#3 7 years ago

Seems to be playing nothing like KISS. Obviously the pops are a whole different proposition with only three there. I haven't had the pops send the ball to any drain yet. They also (seem to) never send the ball back up the left orbit.

Outlanes feel super forgiving. I might have to open them up. I'm really only losing power drains down the outlanes. There's a lot of rubber in the area on both sides.

#4 7 years ago

I think you should always be controlled plunging to pick up an elevator loop shot. This is a high value-added skill shot.
Get ahead of the plunge and do it manually whenever there is an auto plunge.

#5 7 years ago

Congrats on the pick up TB, looks like a wicked game man..

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Congrats on the pick up TB, looks like a wicked game man..

It really does feel good.

Outlanes are full open from factory. Only two positions. I'm seriously thinking of taking the posts out.

#7 7 years ago

Nice that it's playing so well out of the box Mike. Hope some of the QA issues are behind them.
Fast game?

#8 7 years ago

Know lets see one of those aprons installed

#9 7 years ago

Art and detail are absolutely spectacular..

IMG20170322230652 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230652 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230738 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230738 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230629 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230629 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230620 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230620 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230550 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230550 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230532 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230532 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230502 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230502 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230449 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230449 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230409 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230409 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322230354 (resized).jpgIMG20170322230354 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Know lets see one of those aprons installed

Definitely purple.

IMG20170322233341 (resized).jpgIMG20170322233341 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322233254 (resized).jpgIMG20170322233254 (resized).jpg

IMG20170322233244 (resized).jpgIMG20170322233244 (resized).jpg

#11 7 years ago

Your aprons look fantastic! Did the game come with any factory mylar in high traffic areas? how is the clear look?

enjoy your new game

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Your aprons look fantastic! Did the game come with any factory mylar in high traffic areas? how is the clear look?
enjoy your new game

Thanks!

Mylar at saucer and elevator, pops and all the way around the front of the toy box and magnet, out to between the "3" and the "6" inserts and across to the pops.

Clear reminds me of IMVE. Thick and glassy.

#13 7 years ago

Do you know how to get the free shot completions at the lock bar button?

#14 7 years ago

Same as Met. Not overly fast. Sort of perfect for old rockers like us, haha. Can scream back from the stand ups in front of the right pop bumper, and can orbit pretty quick. Ramp journey definitely more cruisin' pace. I have had the magnet fling it so fast I couldn't see it. But rarely.

#15 7 years ago

Thanks for taking those pics - the art looks even better the closer you look!

#16 7 years ago

This game was not even on my radar as I was dissapointed it was not Iron Maiden, but I got a chance to play one at Arcade Expo last week and was pretty impressed. I am looking forward to playing it some more.

#17 7 years ago

Congrats to the OP and other early buyers. I'm truly interested in my first NIB. I think that I might be able to get over my fears if some other owners can chime in so we have a larger sample set. Any quality issues out of the box from anyone else? Also, I've heard that it is still possible to get a NIB at under 5K. If anyone has a line on one (or if any distributor wants to sell me one), I'd very much appreciate a PM. Thanks a lot!

#18 7 years ago

One bug I've noticed so far, and it's inconsistent, is if I have the ball locked away during TBMB and I drain all the others, it can go into ball search looking for the locked ball.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Art and detail are absolutely spectacular..

Good to hear...just thik how much of a gut punch it was when those Crappy painted Gene heads came with Kiss.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Thanks for taking those pics - the art looks even better the closer you look!

Yes, it's a machine where you can actually enjoy taking the glass off and getting right in close and scanning around the PF looking for stuff.

#21 7 years ago

I just purchased my first pinball machine ever and it's the Aerosmith Pro. I love it!!! I am, however, having trouble figuring out how to complete each song on the tour. 7 songs have indicators on the play field, but "same old song and dance" and "sweet emotion" don't. Also, I have hit all the targets but still didn't complete the song. it's not clear and the screen doesn't indicate what to do. has anyone completed all the songs of the tour yet? I'm getting some, but it seems random.

#22 7 years ago

I think all have or should have indicators. If you run out of time the crank it up hole lights up - go for that to change song and get another 30 seconds. You can adjust the time of play of each song in the adjustments menu.

I have had 2 problems so far The highest score registers "wwwwwwww" no matter what you type in and my "s" target
Sticker has exited. No real problems. My GB has been absolutely trouble free. AS will definitely make you a better player.
Really good game.

It SEEMS you can do much better going to 4 ball multiball over 3 ball then filling the crank it up hole as often as you can. This is how I've gotten my highest scores.

The sound is good out of the box but I'll be adding a powered sub but I'm kind of a music nut.

The GB dot matrix looks a bit dated compared to the AS screen. Animations are really good with AS.

This is about all after 5 days of ownership

#23 7 years ago

With Sweet Emotion the three center upper playfield lights should be red as well as the crank it hole. The lights should go out as you shoot them and remain out unless you hit them all then they will reset.

With Saddle the right lane upper should be yellow.
If you hit it it will move to another position.

#24 7 years ago

Also you must usually complete the song then hit crank it hole - the "select track" will be lit. Then you can use flippers to change song.

#25 7 years ago

Has anyone determined what happens during the final wizard mode and what music is played?

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes, it's a machine where you can actually enjoy taking the glass off and getting right in close and scanning around the PF looking for stuff.

remind me when MET was out

#27 7 years ago

that little lane to the right of the elevator - is that just unused space or does the ball roll over it ? Usually unused space is covered with a plastic.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

that little lane to the right of the elevator - is that just unused space or does the ball roll over it ? Usually unused space is covered with a plastic.

Are you talking about the lock shot (the one with no art on it)?

#29 7 years ago

no actually the area behind that, grayish color, looks like a piston and with some yellow symbols. Maybe it is a plastic, I just looked again in the gallery, it's hard to tell for sure. I haven't seen the game live yet, but the photos really look nice.

#30 7 years ago

Looking at Stern's website. No trim level comes with a shaker motor ??

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

no actually the area behind that, grayish color, looks like a piston and with some yellow symbols. Maybe it is a plastic, I just looked again in the gallery, it's hard to tell for sure. I haven't seen the game live yet, but the photos really look nice.

Here's a better view. It's a plastic. There is a top entry into the lock shot for skill shot or slow orbit shot.

IMG20170324082612 (resized).jpgIMG20170324082612 (resized).jpg

IMG20170324082619 (resized).jpgIMG20170324082619 (resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago

Played it a few hours couple of weeks ago.

Found it to be an OK pin (better as Kiss) but it didn't get to me like MET did when I played it first. Aerosmith is also not my band so the music doesn't take me into the pin. Sorry

But beautiful it really is allthough you need to like blue for liking the art on the cabinet

And perhaps I just need to play it more to get the hang of it. Sounds terrible

#33 7 years ago

Mine arrived today!

IMG_1281 (resized).JPGIMG_1281 (resized).JPG

#34 7 years ago

Gnatty...we are going to need some pics once you have it set up. Also, any issues out of the box?

#35 7 years ago

This game kicks ass guys big time

#36 7 years ago

Anyone else getting about 75% rejects into the toy box to lock a ball? Mine goes left and out 3 out of 4 times at least.

#37 7 years ago

Added 2 little led strips in toybox: a blue one attached to a GI and the second one was to use on the Blinking LOCK insert. I didn't figure this one yet...these new leds on board are out of my league.

It's look just ok. Pretty sure top mod guys will find something great.
I was optimistic until my plexiglass broke.
It sucked out my motivation to do better

IMG_3979 (resized).JPGIMG_3979 (resized).JPG
IMG_3980 (resized).JPGIMG_3980 (resized).JPG
IMG_3982 (resized).JPGIMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3984 (resized).JPGIMG_3984 (resized).JPG

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Added 2 little led strips in toybox: a blue one attached to a GI and the second one was to use on the Blinking LOCK insert. I didn't figure this one yet...these new leds on board are out of my league.
It's look just ok. Pretty sure top mod guys will find something great.
I was optimistic until my plexiglass broke.
It sucked out my motivation to do better

Haha. I've been working on this all afternoon too! Effect is underwhelming though, as you suggest. Was thinking of replacing the floor plate of the box with acrylic..all sorts of things, but in the end I don't think it will be worth it.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Anyone else getting about 75% rejects into the toy box to lock a ball? Mine goes left and out 3 out of 4 times at least.

Try adj - aero - #4. I think that's it. Lower power about 80 to about 120 or so. Raise if necessary. Toy Box Diverter.
Not 100% sure of this but I think this will do it..

If anyone comes up with a free play card for AS please post

#40 7 years ago

Thank you wtatumjr. That did it. Hadn't got that far yet in looking through the settings.

#41 7 years ago

My LE arrived last night. Thx to Pinballer22 for helping me get it dialed in. Absolutely Gorgeous! Love the Band and love the game!

I changed the flipper rubbers, post sleeves and mini post rubbers. Put in a shaker motor and added a decorative guitar. I printed a cool little sign on a brushed silver material, that I velcroed to the front of the Toy Box. Tried to add the Jester shooter rod that I bought at TPF, but it was too long. like I need to add a bunch of washers so that it doesn't stick too far into the shooter lane. Ball save would not work with this rod in, so I put the original back on. Anybody else have that problem? I put several coats of wax on, so the ball was zippin' around lightning fast. Reminded me of Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation when he greased up the sled.

Extremely happy with the purchase. The upper play field is really cool. The right ramp is a very tight, but rewarding shot. It's cool watching the ball go all the way around the upper play field. The Toy Box is killer! Had the family over tonight. Everyone got a kick out of the ball flying into the box. The Jester is awesome too! Love the way he shakes before multi ball. Being able to stack your multi ball is a neat feature also. I even love the purple. Aerosmith is just an awesome game!

IMG_0901 (resized).JPGIMG_0901 (resized).JPG

IMG_0904 (resized).JPGIMG_0904 (resized).JPG

IMG_0909 (resized).JPGIMG_0909 (resized).JPG

IMG_0907 (resized).JPGIMG_0907 (resized).JPG

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

IMG_0906 (resized).JPGIMG_0906 (resized).JPG

IMG_0910 (resized).JPGIMG_0910 (resized).JPG

IMG_0912 (resized).JPGIMG_0912 (resized).JPG

#43 7 years ago

Fun with optic fibers! These are completely passive and simply hooked up to the right orbit arrow insert.

Attract

Some gameplay

#44 7 years ago

Nice job on those ramps timebandit Can you send a link where to buy those lights 5 volt ?

#45 7 years ago

for my personal taste, i just dont like it (and neither on your MET too, as seen on utube)
already seen this on a FUNHOUSE, same...

well, these are made for TRON LE, and TRON LE only

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

My LE arrived last night.

Looks awesome, congrats Kirby!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

My LE arrived last night. Thx to pinballer22 for helping me get it dialed in. Absolutely Gorgeous! Love the Band and love the game!
I changed the flipper rubbers, post sleeves and mini post rubbers. Put in a shaker motor and added a decorative guitar. I printed a cool little sign on a brushed silver material, that I velcroed to the front of the Toy Box. Tried to add the Jester shooter rod that I bought at TPF, but it was too long. like I need to add a bunch of washers so that it doesn't stick too far into the shooter lane. Ball save would not work with this rod in, so I put the original back on. Anybody else have that problem? I put several coats of wax on, so the ball was zippin' around lightning fast. Reminded me of Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation when he greased up the sled.
Extremely happy with the purchase. The upper play field is really cool. The right ramp is a very tight, but rewarding shot. It's cool watching the ball go all the way around the upper play field. The Toy Box is killer! Had the family over tonight. Everyone got a kick out of the ball flying into the box. The Jester is awesome too! Love the way he shakes before multi ball. Being able to stack your multi ball is a neat feature also. I even love the purple. Aerosmith is just an awesome game!

You said that you had help getting it dialed in. Anything in particular that was an issue out of the box?

#48 7 years ago

The left flipper wasn't working. Was really worried we weren't going to get to play it. Finally After about 20 minutes of checking all connections, it started working. Haven't had any problems with it since. Really enjoying this pin.

#49 7 years ago

Phew, this right ramp shot is TIGHT! I think it's tighter than KISS, but maybe I just don't have my eyes dialed in yet. Definitely the hardest shot in my game room at the moment (Not counting my TSPP left ramp of course, but that's the hardest shot in the world).

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Phew, this right ramp shot is TIGHT! I think it's tighter than KISS, but maybe I just don't have my eyes dialed in yet. Definitely the hardest shot in my game room at the moment (Not counting my TSPP left ramp of course, but that's the hardest shot in the world).

Sounds like you are really enjoying this Mike.

I know a friendly butcher that is fairly interested also

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.