5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Description of capabilities and download link. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #600 How to find the names of the lamp matrix locations. Posted by oga83 (10 years ago)

Post #858 Video on how to replace a song. Posted by Underspin (10 years ago)

Post #1432 Macro function explained. Posted by oga83 (9 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is a good hint !
As the images are 4-bit encoded, you can use a 16 level palette.
Although I did not test it, the one below should give good results (low nibble is just ignored to convert each color to 4-bit)

Quoted from Russo121:

GIMP 2.8 for image editing (free. Laid out like photoshop)
http://www.gimp.org/

I have downloaded gimp and cannot figure out how to load or setup the palette as suggested. Can anyone help out with a tutorial for dummies (me). thx.

#703 10 years ago

My Spideyman crashes when i replace <import over> this image. The machine will reset when it encounters the point in the game when this image appears. Does anybody see anything about this frame or sequence that makes replacing it a problem. I have a graphics guy helping me that is trying to reproduce the palette suggested.

SPD_Comp-1.pngSPD_Comp-1.png

1 month later
#798 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been able to run the program on a mac using crossover, but I have no idea how to replace songs which is what I want to do for Metallica. Anyone who wants to share their song swaps ROM version please PM me. Thanks

Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I am a complete novice when it comes to using software. Pinball I can play, computer programming is another matter altogether.
If anyone is happy to share their song swapped software version for ACDC Premium, with Long Way To the Top included, via PM, I would be very grateful.

Replacing sounds is very easy. Read the first post. Follow the link provided in the sound area. Start clicking buttons. If you can post on here , you can replace sounds.

Rules of replacement:

1. Replacement sound or song must be same or similar length of original sound call. The length of all sounds is shown in the pinball browser software.
2. Replacement sound or song must be a 24000hz WAV format. (Get free software Audacity to open and export sound files). There is a little box in the bottom left to put 24000 in that changes the bit rate of any opened file.
3. Find the sound you want to replace in the BIN file and IMPORT the new WAV file over it. use the SAVEAS button to make a new BIN file. Load BIN file.

Use the internet to ask questions about Audacity software, such as "how do i change the bit rate of a file in audacity"

If you don't try, you fail.

Has anybody replaced JACKPOT callouts on 24? Seems to be the first thing on anyone 24 owners agenda.

I am almost ashamed to admit that i am working on sound replacement for Spider-man. It is the only compatible game i own. Thanks oga83 for providing this tool to help infuse a little variety into pinball games.

Ed Z

3 weeks later
#843 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I did :
AFAIK, the settings and high scores are cleared when you 'upgrade' your version (ie 1.63 to 1.65); they are not cleared when you 'update' with a patched firmware of the same version (ie 1.65 to customized 1.65)

I can tell you in SM, it clears everything every time. Does the name of the BIN file have anything to do with it. I like to keep track of my revisions with the name of the file.

2 months later
#1013 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Can anyone confirm that, on the following games, there is no "Update failed - Error code 8" at the end of the firmware update (with a patched firmware of course) ?
- FG
- POTC
- WOF
- SHREK
- CSI
- 24H
- SPIDER-MAN
For all other games, the update process should end with this error.
Thanks in advance.

Spider-Man has no "update failed - error code 8" although i have not tried your latest Pinball Browser Versions.

Ed Z

4 weeks later
#1081 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

Has anyone been working on redoing the sounds for spiderman? I started on it last night and was wondering if anyone else is working on it.

i know i am

#1085 10 years ago
Quoted from jamescardona:

here is what I have for spiderman so far. Any help filling in the gaps would be appreciated.

Anyone who wants to PM me can have everything i have mapped, which is a ton. I only ask that when you fill in the blank parts, you email the file back to me!

I spent an entire day doing this before i started.

This is an excel file with 611 entries. Sound mappings only.

<EDIT : I ONLY HAVE SPIDERMAN MAPPINGS>

#1093 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I would love to change the voices on BDK with ones from the movies. Is that possible with this program?

absolutely

11 months later
#1533 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What's the best web site to use as a source to pull audio files from? I have TWD & would love to start playing around with this software to add custom call outs from the actors. I have pinbrowser downloaded & really don't know where to start. Lol
Thanks,
Zamp

Youtube. Maybe not the best source for quality , but otherwise you need DVD's and patience.

#1535 9 years ago

My method is to record them into Audacity (free reliable BS-free download) from youtube.

Set the "rate" to 24000 in the lower left and use the "track" pulldown menu to change to mono.

You can highlight parts of the sound you want to erase and just hit the delete button on the keyboard. CNTRL Z is UNDO (very helpful).

Other commands that are helpful are under "effects". Compressor should be used. I just use the defaults for that. Highlight (drag the mouse) and FADE IN and or FADE OUT the beginning and very end.

Export (file menu) to WAV format and click "clear" on the pop up that asks for information.

Be sure to name the file with the file length (press the end keyboard key while in Audacity sound file). Example "Merle - Bunch of pussies 0s 952ms.wav"

Keeping the imported sound the same length or "shorter" is essential to a good mix.

Use the latest version of Pinball Browser and make sure to DONATE.

I have learned everything about the process from this thread and the recommended sound threads.

Good luck

3 months later
#1702 8 years ago

For the record , there is no way i would have bought nib metle and twdle without pinball browser.

It's the modern age, consumers want more from their products.

thanks OGA!

#1705 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there video of someone's TWD with altered call outs? (Yes I'm too lazy to search atm)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

cheers to laziness

2 weeks later
#1716 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

If you have saved your macros, you can adjust them when a new firmware is released by adding "ShifId" lines.
The syntax is as follow :
ShiftId,[Type],[OldId],[NewId]
where :
- [Type]=0 for images, 1 for sounds scripts
- [OldId] is the first object to be shifted (all the following ones will also be shifted until a new ShiftId tells otherwise)
- [NewId] is the corresponding new id. The keyword "ignored" can also be used to tell that the specified object (and the following ones until a new ShiftId tells otherwise) does not exist anymore.

For example, a list of macros designed for AC/DC LE can be adjusted for AC/DC Pro by adding the following lines at the beginning (to keep it simple, this is only for images, some lines would be needed for the sounds) :
ShiftId,0,0x5a1,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x5ab,0x5a1
The first line means that the image 0x5a1 (and the following ones) in the LE does not exist in the Pro
The second line means that all images starting at 0x5ab in the LE are at position 0x5a1 in the Pro

twd 119 to 124 sounds.pngtwd 119 to 124 sounds.png

This is Walking Dead LE 1.24 and 1.19 side by side. New sound positions are on the left and the Millhouse TWD version is on the right. Personally, i cannot see a "shift" pattern that makes sense, but i don't know a lot about how these things work. Is this a simple shift or have they changed sound script positions to the point of having to examine everything line by line again.

Just one example of many script position changes i am hoping look simple to a smarter person .

Hoping to come up with a re-mapping solution.

#1719 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

First of all, you should sort the list by "sound scripts", like this :
twd.png
It is easier to see where new sound scripts have been inserted (or older sound scripts deleted).
I have squared the new sound scripts on the right.
The corresponding macro is :
ShiftId,1,0x30,0x32
ShiftId,1,0x31,0x34
This is only an example and I did not check the other changes further in the list (536 scripts have been added between those 2 versions !).

thank you .. i think there is a lot of shifting to be done. doh!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 months later
#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

First of all, you should sort the list by "sound scripts", like this :
twd.png
It is easier to see where new sound scripts have been inserted (or older sound scripts deleted).
I have squared the new sound scripts on the right.
The corresponding macro is :
ShiftId,1,0x30,0x32
ShiftId,1,0x31,0x34
This is only an example and I did not check the other changes further in the list (536 scripts have been added between those 2 versions !).

00-temp-pb.png00-temp-pb.png

i haven't been able to get the shiftid command to work ..no matter what shifts i put in on walking dead 1.41 , i get an error. Has anybody used this before with success.

ShiftId,1,0x35,0x36
ShiftId,1,0x37,0x38
ShiftId,1,0x39,0x3B
ShiftId,1,0x3D,0x40
ShiftId,1,0xA7C0,0xA7F
ShiftId,1,0x1C4B,0xC93

These are the shifts i found.

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

These 2 ones are out of range.
I did not check in the game but you probably meant :
ShiftId,1,0xA7C,0xA7F
ShiftId,1,0xC4B,0xC93

every one of them gives an error. separate or together

Seems simple enough , but doesnt work . must be something wrong i am doing. I did make a mistake with the previous numbers i posted.

thanks for your help.

pb_error_macro_shift.pngpb_error_macro_shift.png

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The explanation is on your screenshot : you are using an old version of Pinball Browser (v4.36) and "ShiftId" has been introduced in version v4.38.
Just download the latest version and it will work fine

doh!

doh.jpgdoh.jpg

3 weeks later
#1778 8 years ago

Now that's great news. Thanks for all of your work.

#1794 8 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

What songs are you going to change ? What are you going to replace them with? Heavens on fire is one i want to change with black diamond.

For starters i would at least replace the current songs with the original recordings.

#1805 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Open up the source code of the game and make changes? Holy Sh!t!!!!

Another Holy Sh!t from me. So grateful for what can be done already.

#1819 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Has anybody tried incorporating this Spider-Man song by the Ramones into their SM?
» YouTube video

Didn't do that .. but i did this.

I think the ramones might squeak into the next revision

thanks

1 month later
#1918 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's pretty simple I think. Stern can't allow this stuff, they have to be able to look the other way, or there are going to be issues. It's one thing if you mess with your personal game. It's another if the sounds that were under contract start showing up in other places. That creates more headaches.
It's like the brown bag bottle trick. The cops know you have a beer in there, but as long as they can say they didn't see it then they can just keep driving past you. You wave it around and they gotta cite you.

Slippery slope for Stern. Pinball Browser is leading to more Stern pinball purchases , like it or not.

Walking dead doesn't have show voices. No problem, Pinball Browser
Want to get more value out of your pinball purchase. Pinball browser expands the possibilities to customize your machine.
Kiss pinball has crappy re-recorded music ? PB!
Don't want Enter Sandman and the omission of Cliff Burton ruining your Metallica experience? PB!
Want to turn Spider-Man into Fartman? Blasphemy! Screw it , Pinball Browser!

Things that would stop people from a purchase , like these type of personal preferences, are now a non-issue if you have; say it with me:

P I N B A L L B R O W S E R !!!

1 month later
#1947 8 years ago

Probably need more specific information , such as version etc. Have you donated to get a license? You can always try an older version that had less restrictions, but if its a donate thing, this guy deserves the $$.

I can try it here possibly if you want to pm.

#1949 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It's the latest version. I agree he deserves the donation, but if thats the issue, why not just say you need to buy it or give better direction??? Click on License in the main menu??? There is no "License"?????? I have wasted 2 hours trying to figure this out????

I am just making an educated guess. I am licensed and have replaced 1000's of sounds with no issue. I do follow the threads and with my bad memory, i thought that around Metallica time, a license was required for certain tasks or maybe even to open the BIN. I could be wrong, but the error message seems to be implying something. Hopefully it is something else . Care to share the details of the code you are trying to modify? I don't have any experience with Spike as of yet.

Good luck.

#1950 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I am just making an educated guess. I am licensed and have replaced 1000's of sounds with no issue. I do follow the threads and with my bad memory, i thought that around Metallica time, a license was required for certain tasks or maybe even to open the BIN. I could be wrong, but the error message seems to be implying something. Hopefully it is something else . Care to share the details of the code you are trying to modify? I don't have any experience with Spike as of yet.
Good luck.

The answer seems to lie within the FAQ:

What are the differences between the free and the registered version ?
In the free version, the restrictions are :
- Images cannot be imported (but they can still be modified with the integrated editor).
- Videos (Spike) cannot be imported.
- Sounds that are longer than 10s cannot be imported.
- Macros cannot be played and patches cannot be loaded.

4 months later
#2109 7 years ago

every time you change a BIN a macro file is created ... easiest way to go back in time is to run the macro on the stock rom and delete the entry you want to change back. you can modify the macro in notepad or within the browser.

5 months later
#2189 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Would love to add some music off the soundtrack on SM 2. Anyone else change SM background music ?

I have an excel file of all of the spiderman sound mappings if it can help you. PM your email

3 years later
#3946 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Can you guys just PM me if you feel the need, how about we let the people actually trying to get help have a little attention.

I have a subject changer.

does the SHIFT ID method work anymore when Stern changes the sound locations or are they completely scrambling them making it impossible.

Quoted from oga83:

If you have saved your macros, you can adjust them when a new firmware is released by adding "ShifId" lines.
The syntax is as follow :
ShiftId,[Type],[OldId],[NewId]
where :
- [Type]=0 for images, 1 for sounds scripts
- [OldId] is the first object to be shifted (all the following ones will also be shifted until a new ShiftId tells otherwise)
- [NewId] is the corresponding new id. The keyword "ignored" can also be used to tell that the specified object (and the following ones until a new ShiftId tells otherwise) does not exist anymore.

For example, a list of macros designed for AC/DC LE can be adjusted for AC/DC Pro by adding the following lines at the beginning (to keep it simple, this is only for images, some lines would be needed for the sounds) :
ShiftId,0,0x5a1,ignored
ShiftId,0,0x5ab,0x5a1
The first line means that the image 0x5a1 (and the following ones) in the LE does not exist in the Pro
The second line means that all images starting at 0x5ab in the LE are at position 0x5a1 in the Pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 103.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images?tu=ezeltmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.