1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 112.
#701 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Used this for my ACDC and Metallica... Awesome!!
Wondering if anyone tried this with their Xmen LE? I thought it would be cool to change out the music sections with some hard rock... not sure what Request number is the main number for the main song clips.. make sense? Or how many different song clips there are... sure is harder when its just unknown music clips!
Anyone figured this out already?

I messed around with replacing a lot of the music in X-Men at one time. Most of the song loops were pretty short (< 1 min.) I basically went through the X-Men software and saw how long the loops were and then just stuck in whatever I had in my itunes library that fit.

I wasn't really looking for an real replacements....just toying around with the software. Ex: This fit (time wise as the main gamplay theme)

The best and probably the only one I would think about putting in again was this for the villian select theme:

As far as hard rock....I did find an SOD clip that fit in nicely as the Juggernaut theme.

#702 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

This is a good hint !
As the images are 4-bit encoded, you can use a 16 level palette.
Although I did not test it, the one below should give good results (low nibble is just ignored to convert each color to 4-bit)

Quoted from Russo121:

GIMP 2.8 for image editing (free. Laid out like photoshop)
http://www.gimp.org/

I have downloaded gimp and cannot figure out how to load or setup the palette as suggested. Can anyone help out with a tutorial for dummies (me). thx.

#703 10 years ago

My Spideyman crashes when i replace <import over> this image. The machine will reset when it encounters the point in the game when this image appears. Does anybody see anything about this frame or sequence that makes replacing it a problem. I have a graphics guy helping me that is trying to reproduce the palette suggested.

SPD_Comp-1.pngSPD_Comp-1.png

#704 10 years ago

Thanks Dug!

#705 10 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I have downloaded gimp and cannot figure out how to load or setup the palette as suggested. Can anyone help out with a tutorial for dummies (me). thx.

I am still figuring it out myself, but I was able to figure out how to create the Palette. I have attached the one I created to this post. you will need to put it in your [Insert Your User Name Here]\.gimp-2.8\palettes folder. Then, rename it from .txt to .gpl

Post edited by gabegabegabe : changed file extension to allowable type

#706 10 years ago

Can anyone provide a link to a multiball video of a swapped song in AC/DC? I am anxious to hear how well the jackpot guitar riffs mesh with the substituted music. I'm a musician of sorts, and if the riffs are out of key with the song I'm afraid it might bother me.

thanks,
Shawn

1 week later
#707 10 years ago

Quick bump for the most fun and useful thread on Pinside.
Still can't believe a thread with this much awesome info never got stickied.

#708 10 years ago

So... at TPF Steve mentioned he needed the "new" boardset for his new game - which we all know is Star Trek.
Does anyone know if that happened? Guess I'm curious if Stern has a new boardset which would in effect make this software a non-start for me?

Given no LCD and seemingly same features; I'm thinking the only thing which might cause issues with the old board set is the rgb leds in the inserts.

Thoughts?

#709 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Can anyone provide a link to a multiball video of a swapped song in AC/DC? I am anxious to hear how well the jackpot guitar riffs mesh with the substituted music. I'm a musician of sorts, and if the riffs are out of key with the song I'm afraid it might bother me.
thanks,
Shawn

Hey, you could always export the riffs and then re-pitch them in some audio editing software, then re-import

1 week later
#710 10 years ago

My Tron just went to a new level!!!!!

Replaced that HORRIBLE Rinzler music that loops when the disc is exposed with 16sec from 2:36.45 of Disc Wars off the soundtrack album.

AWESOME!!!

#711 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Replaced that HORRIBLE Rinzler music that loops when the disc is exposed with 16sec from 2:36.45 of Disc Wars off the soundtrack album.
AWESOME!!!

care to share? I did a custom logo that came out good, then I did the 21 image gem shot and it looked good in pinball browser but looked like crap on the game itself.

#713 10 years ago

uh oh..noob here. won't let me attach it??

copyright breach probably anyway if I upload. Easy to do with audacity.

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

copyright breach probably anyway if I upload

Could be...

#715 10 years ago

I was thinking a video of it playing in the game and the file locations in the rom or the macro file.

#716 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

AWESOME!!!

The TRON Legacy soundtrack is amazing. I was thinking of replacing that same sound file with music from the track named "Recognizer".

#717 10 years ago

I was thinking of doing something crazy and redoing ALL the music on my Tron with remixes from R3CONF1GUR3D.

Just to mix it up.

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

AWESOME!!!

Which sound Request did you change?

#719 10 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

care to share? I did a custom logo that came out good, then I did the 21 image gem shot and it looked good in pinball browser but looked like crap on the game itself.

Any idea why it looked like crap? I assume by 21 image you mean you created 21 images for an animation sequence. I am working on a replacement logo image for Metallica so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

#720 10 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

AWESOME!!!

can you make a video demo of what you've done? just the game running with the new music.

#721 10 years ago

Has anyone been successful doing this on a MET Pro? The firmware I had loaded and the CRC check failed but rebooting just left me with a blank display. The size matched the previous version and I only changed the logo and the custom message.

#722 10 years ago

Any idea why it looked like crap? I assume by 21 image you mean you created 21 images for an animation sequence. I am working on a replacement logo image for Metallica so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

yes the gem sequence is 21 images so I had to change all 21. I did my logo to look like this.

Image-59B1.pngImage-59B1.png

#723 10 years ago
Quoted from digitalbytes:

Has anyone been successful doing this on a MET Pro? The firmware I had loaded and the CRC check failed but rebooting just left me with a blank display. The size matched the previous version and I only changed the logo and the custom message.

I have only messed with a MET Premium...all went as expected.

#724 10 years ago

Anybody have anything they can share that they have done with Avengers LE? I'd like to replace some of the voice calls with quotes from the Avengers movie. There were some funny lines in the movie that are much better than what's included with the Pin (except the Hulk quotes). Plus, I would so much rather have the original actors voices in most cases. If you have any info that would help or a video of what you've done, I'd love to see or learn more. There is a moviesoundclips site that I was going to try to use as my source material. I wasn't sure if the clips have to be of the same duration or not to come out sounding ok. If so, that seems like it could be pretty difficult to replace voice calls. I haven't gotten started with the software yet, so I'm starting from scratch -- any tips or lessons learned are appreciated.

#725 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Anybody have anything they can share that they have done with Avengers LE? I'd like to replace some of the voice calls with quotes from the Avengers movie. There were some funny lines in the movie that are much better than what's included with the Pin (except the Hulk quotes). Plus, I would so much rather have the original actors voices in most cases. If you have any info that would help or a video of what you've done, I'd love to see or learn more. There is a moviesoundclips site that I was going to try to use as my source material. I wasn't sure if the clips have to be of the same duration or not to come out sounding ok. If so, that seems like it could be pretty difficult to replace voice calls. I haven't gotten started with the software yet, so I'm starting from scratch -- any tips or lessons learned are appreciated.

If the sound clips you add are longer they will be cut short. You should be able to add shorter clips without any negative issues.

#726 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-star-trek-pro-code-is-posted
says Stern Star Trek is posted. I'm having crap luck downloading it right now...
Anyone else tested it against this wonderful tool?

NM ... I got it downloaded and in v2.01 the file seems to open.
I haven't done any editing as I don't yet have a machine to test on.

Spock in the volcano is present at 0x666-0x6E5
Kirk, Khan, and ?Scotty? at 0x821
Robocop at 0x8f4
Kirk, Spock at 0xB05
Enterprise Movie cap in space at 0xC91

Star Trek theme Request 33
Spock compass 68
kirk rules request 69
misc crew callouts Request 138
Stern voice acting? Request 206

#727 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm still investigating but as far as I could see there is no change in the internal structures.
So, Pinball Browser should work as it does for other pins.

However, I don't know whether the bin crc has been strengthened or not. Let's wait until somebody tries a patched firmware :-;

#728 10 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I did and it works fine... of course this is just using pin browser to open the file and change some things as a test. I did not up load to a ST pro for final test. But everything I see makes me believe it will work no problem...

#729 10 years ago

The code in the boot EPROM shipped with STID could be changed to disallow running of CRC-failed flash code.

Of course, pinballbrowser can be updated to calculate a new CRC for the modified image, similar to checksum.exe for WPC software editing. The boot ROM wouldn't know anything was up in this case.

I figure Stern is not going to waste too much effort trying to protect SAM games. The next platform will almost certainly include some form of encryption or protection.

#730 10 years ago

Stern should embrace open source software given they havent completed a game recently.
They supported star wars update; this really isnt different.

Knowing stern tho... they are ok stealing designs in they early days; now they can't be bothered.

#731 10 years ago

Does anybody know why I can't edit the original post ? (edit link has been removed a few days ago)
Post is too old maybe ?
[EDIT]Fixed; Many thanks to Robin.

#732 10 years ago

Yep, a mod said the edit function disappears after so many months. I think they may be able to manually override, however.

#733 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Does anybody know why I can't edit the original post ? (edit link has been removed a few days ago)
Post is too old maybe ?

oga83:
I would start a new thread and reference this thread in the 1st post of the new thread

#734 10 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

oga83:
I would start a new thread and reference this thread in the 1st post of the new thread

Thanks, I did and Robin has fixed this

#735 10 years ago

Works perfectly on Mac OS X with Crossover! Absolutely no Microsoft operating system needed!!

Pinball_Browser.jpgPinball_Browser.jpg

#736 10 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Works perfectly on Mac OS X with Crossover! Absolutely no Microsoft operating system needed!!

Awesome! Just got the Crossover demo. Could you please outline the install procedure for getting the pinball browser to work?

Cheers!
Adam.

#737 10 years ago

.... Just am way late on this thread but it is amazing.

#738 10 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Awesome! Just got the Crossover demo. Could you please outline the install procedure for getting the pinball browser to work?
Cheers!
Adam.

The application needs .NET 4.0. I created an XP bottle, installed .NET 4.0, and then used the run command under the "Programs" toolbar to point it to the Pinball Browser exe. I used the run command because there is no installer for Pinball Browser, just the main exe. Once you get used to using Crossover, you can crack open the bottle, and drop the Pinball Browser exe into the "C" drive folder structure and make a shortcut under the "Programs" toolbar.

So far, this thing has been flawless under Crossover. That's a credit to the developer for writing clean code. Crossover was probably the last thing on his mind, but simple, cleanly written Windows programs works best with Crossover.

#739 10 years ago

Even though David Thiel rocks audio tracks and if I decide to buy a ST premium, I would love to work with someone on replacing the audio tracks. I have the soundtracks to both movies.
I also have an FTP server at my house for uploading and working on roms. I would just wait until later in the code to do it. We'll see.

#740 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Even though David Thiel rocks audio tracks and if I decide to buy a ST premium, I would love to work with someone on replacing the audio tracks. I have the soundtracks to both movies.
I also have an FTP server at my house for uploading and working on roms. I would just wait until later in the code to do it. We'll see.

That would probably be a good idea.
I'm sure Star Trek will go through many quick code updates and each one will erase any work you have done. Plus Stern always moves the music tracks on each code update and you have to search them all out again every time.

#741 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

That would probably be a good idea.
I'm sure Star Trek will go through many quick code updates and each one will erase any work you have done. Plus Stern always moves the music tracks on each code update and you have to search them all out again every time.

Use Pinball Browser macro : you can easily run your mods on a new firmware version, provided that the sound requests/displays have the same id (which is the case on what I saw so far).

#742 10 years ago

v2.10 can be downloaded at http://www.sendspace.com/file/m87nfw

I have added features to play image animations and to play sounds in sequence.

I have also added a selection of dmd colors, including the ones used with the Vga interface (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/svga-on-stern-flipper). Next version will probably include an editor to colorize images.

Let me know what you think of this !

#743 10 years ago

As always. Amazing work.
Watching the DMD in the VGA mode was kind of like watching a video game of Doom.
Thanks for the update.

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Next version will probably include an editor to colorize images.

To what end?!
DMDs aren't color... are you working with ColorDMD but can't say?

I'm all for colorizing the images... or maybe you just mean to select blue dmd dots or some such... ie overall?

It'd be bad ash have Pinball Browser dump "code" for ColorDMDs to create the color overlays. I think that would make colordmd sterns almost a drop in.

#745 10 years ago

I've just discover this thread. I'm also a complete novice when it comes to software.

Can anyone advise me what's the simplest way to put "Long Way To The Top" on my ACDC pinnie?

#746 10 years ago

Hmm, unable to download the new version, says its not there. Are you going to upload it again?

Quoted from oga83:

v2.10 can be downloaded at http://www.sendspace.com/file/a5uhdi
I have added features to play image animations and to play sounds in sequence.
I have also added a selection of dmd colors, including the ones used with the Vga interface (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/svga-on-stern-flipper). Next version will probably include an editor to colorize images.

#747 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Hmm, unable to download the new version, says its not there. Are you going to upload it again?

Try this link....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m87nfw

#748 10 years ago

I've messes around and have completed swapped out a ton of voice call outs in my avengers LE as well as my tron pro!!! The trick is getting the tracks to match exactly smothers no dead space while you're playing!!! I'm loving it!! If spent waaaaay to much time on this already but Woukd love to see some videos some people have done!!!

#749 10 years ago

oga83:
your download link isn't working (at least for me)

#750 10 years ago

Can you post a video of what all you did to your Tron cmproductions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.