Let's party!! (resized).jpg
Abba Zabba.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Dico ball yea.gif
It's Party time.gif
Let's party!.gif
IMG_8290 (resized).jpeg
Ikea Swedish Meatballs (resized).JPG
There are 736 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 17 days ago

ABBA! WOW. So Abba is NOT HUGE in the US, but, ABBA is like the Beatles to a LOT of the rest of the world...and an ABBA PIN is a really BIG deal. Like seriously. AND...I WANT ONE. Not sure about the Voyager art package, I like the plain and simple cabinet art, but KUDOS to the Voyage artist for sure. And I'll need to save a $ grand at this point. I can't even imagine GIMME GIMME GIMME while batting the metal balls around in a multiball fury. Madonna sampled that song. I lived in Greece (Europe) for 18 months. Abba was a crowd pleaser. Gay bars in the 80's and 90's in California, OMG, ABBA! I know that's upsetting for manly American men, but Europeans are so much more accepting and fluid and open, more of a 'live and let live' attitude. The butchest mountain European man is probably rocking out to ABBA with his gay cousins, no big deal. Those same guys think that KISS songs are dance tunes too. The point is, an ABBA PIN is HUGE worldwide. If it has flow, if the shots are good, if the light show is good, it's gonna be a spectacular pin for worldwide audiences. Hands down, I'm IN, and twice on Sunday, and it's going to be a bitch financially because I'm set for a Pulp Fiction Bad Mother Flipper late summer, and jonesing for an Elton John. I love my Iron Maiden pin, but certainly NOT a fan of the band although I have learned to really enjoy the music, the art is NOT my style and scares small children and me occasionally. I've spent a LOT of dough re-outfitting my pin with band figures that don't scare the shit out of me. Anyway, I sort of feel like pinball is in a grand resurgence and finally offering titles for everyone. I'm not a huge comic fan, BUT, DEADPOOL is still the all time GREATEST pin IMHO, as long as it has the Cleland music mod, fricking brilliant!!! I became a DEADPOOL movie fan so that I could understand my pin. LOVE it. I didn't watch more than a season of Stranger Things until I got my pin. All I'm saying is...ABBA PINBALL is a super huge deal, the music is great, worldwide, and even the burly manly men could surely buy an ABBA pin 'for their wives.' LOL. Thanks for reading.

#652 17 days ago

I can understand people not fancy abba, but dislike is hard to, understand.

For me they are likeable, even if not preferable.
They fall ingo the same category as Gilbert o sullivan, reo speedwagon, John denver, elton john etc.
Music that you may not actively be seeking, but are quite ok if it's on the radio.

As for me growing up in sweden all the boys liked sweet and the girls liked abba.
So there is a memory lane factor.

I wouldn't mind an abba pin if it shoots well, the backglass needs to be replaced though.

#653 17 days ago

I just ordered a collector edition

#654 16 days ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I can understand people not fancy abba, but dislike is hard to, understand.

I guess a The Haunted pin would be more reflective of current Swedish tastes…? (Ola is one of my favorite Youtubers!).

#655 16 days ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

The ABBA hate and Taylor Swift hate never ceases to amaze me.

Little peepee energy.

#656 16 days ago

Ordered a Voyage edition! Have some family who are die hard Abba fans and also love pinball so its for them!

#657 16 days ago

On the latest episode of the pinball show Zach from Flip n out said Abba is not really flying off the shelves, but it is selling 4 times better than BBQ

#658 16 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

On the latest episode of the pinball show Zach from Flip n out said Abba is not really flying off the shelves, but it is selling 4 times better than BBQ

Hmmm. 4x0 or 4x1? Theres about 4 times the difference involved so answer carefully.

#659 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Hmmm. 4x0 or 4x1? Theres about 4 times the difference involved so answer carefully.

Lol I'm guessing 4x1 but who knows

He also said bbq is the slowest selling game in the history of his company

#660 16 days ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Little peepee energy.

Ha. Not even sure how to take that . But love them or hate them there’s no denying they are one of the most successful bands of all time. As for Taylor Swift, she’s # 1 entertainer in the world. The hate seems more like jealousy but that’s just my opinion. Carry on

#661 16 days ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Ha. Not even sure how to take that . But love them or hate them there’s no denying they are one of the most successful bands of all time. As for Taylor Swift, she’s # 1 entertainer in the world. The hate seems more like jealousy but that’s just my opinion. Carry on

I meant that the people that have to complain about Taylor Swift.

#662 16 days ago

I meant that the people that have to complain about Taylor Swift.

Gotcha. Sorry, it’s been a long day haha.

#663 16 days ago

Abba Def has some hits. Even people who aren't familiar with them end up finding they have heard some of their songs.

I just don't know how many people want to own the machine though. Granted, I do think the cabinet and translite look nice, I look forward to seeing gameplay videos...

#664 16 days ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

I'm not a huge comic fan, BUT, DEADPOOL is still the all time GREATEST pin IMHO, as long as it has the Cleland music mod, fricking brilliant!!!

Deadpool has one is the greatest original pinball soundtracks ever….and you replaced it?! DA FUQ?! I love Cleland, but WTF would he touch Deadpool?!

#665 16 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Deadpool has one is the greatest original pinball soundtracks ever….and you replaced it?! DA FUQ?! I love Cleland, but WTF would he touch Deadpool?!

Check it out!

#666 16 days ago

No reason. It’s a perfect soundtrack.

#667 16 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah the cleland music mod is incredible. The best music from the game is still in it, but other stuff has been replaced for the better. Skrillex playing during mechsuit is worth it by itself.

#668 15 days ago

Ordered an Arrival edition. Will be my first NIB

#669 15 days ago

So what I have learned in this hobby is pinball is extremely subjective. One mans trash is another mans treasure really rings true. I have some strong opinions on some pinballs and have made them known but at the end of the day if it makes you happy and it is fun to you-that is all that counts.

Lots of people are scratching their head at the whole ABBA theme and I think they are not seeing the big picture. First of all the ABBA table on our virtual is my wife's favorite game and one of the most popular games to play when guest come over. Why is it so special? Well because it has ABBA music jamming out and has you shaking your head to the tunes. They are feel good tunes with a fantastic chorus. Classic pop rock that never gets old. Out of all the games out right now I am interested in ABBA the most. Waiting to check out ball eating mod for JAWS and let code progress. Waiting to flip LT and see if it clicks or not. Not interested in Wick or BK.
This game is going to be a turn the lights down and crank it up party game. I do not think location game play will make this game shine(can never hear the music on most locations). May need to find a disco ball that shines under game as well if I end up with one. Making an alternative backglass is really pretty easy and fun to do-may have to start looking at possible art archives.

If you are scratching your head of why people would think ABBA is a great theme or why people would buy it-just wait until you play it. More importantly wait until you see all the smiles on peoples faces while playing it(especially your significant other)-it is going to be a party game-and I like to party!

Let's party!.gifLet's party!.gifIt's Party time.gifIt's Party time.gifDico ball yea.gifDico ball yea.gif

#670 15 days ago
Quoted from Rodgy_beats:

Ordered an Arrival edition

I am leaning towards Arrival edition. Not sure the extra 1k for art upgrade is worth it? I can make an inexpensive alternative and I actually like the simplistic cabinet art on Arrival edition.

Pricing may be higher due to high licensing cost? Or at least that is what I am telling myself

#671 15 days ago
Abba Zabba.gifAbba Zabba.gifpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#672 15 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So what I have learned in this hobby is pinball is extremely subjective. One mans trash is another mans treasure really rings true. I have some strong opinions on some pinballs and have made them known but at the end of the day if it makes you happy and it is fun to you-that is all that counts.
Lots of people are scratching their head at the whole ABBA theme and I think they are not seeing the big picture. First of all the ABBA table on our virtual is my wife's favorite game and one of the most popular games to play when guest come over. Why is it so special? Well because it has ABBA music jamming out and has you shaking your head to the tunes. They are feel good tunes with a fantastic chorus. Classic pop rock that never gets old. Out of all the games out right now I am interested in ABBA the most. Waiting to check out ball eating mod for JAWS and let code progress. Waiting to flip LT and see if it clicks or not. Not interested in Wick or BK.
This game is going to be a turn the lights down and crank it up party game. I do not think location game play will make this game shine(can never hear the music on most locations). May need to find a disco ball that shines under game as well if I end up with one. Making an alternative backglass is really pretty easy and fun to do-may have to start looking at possible art archives.
If you are scratching your head of why people would think ABBA is a great theme or why people would buy it-just wait until you play it. More importantly wait until you see all the smiles on peoples faces while playing it(especially your significant other)-it is going to be a party game-and I like to party!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A lot of people did the same thing to the Queen pinball machine when it was announced, although I admit early on the code was lacking and I have to say that horrendous back glass did turn many people off to it. However as the code matured, and it’s still not fully done as there’s still more modes that have to be implemented and the wizard mode, the game shaped up to be a fun enjoyable machine an once you dial it in, it’s smooth shooting and a lot of fun with some moderate depth to it.

When people come over, Queen is one of the most played machines in my lineup and they’re singing and having a ball well while playing.

Every title is not for everybody, and because of that people shouldn’t put down machines just based on Internet images and without laying hands on the machine, one would think people would’ve learned this from the walking dead fiasco, which turned out to be one of the best pinball machines ever made.

I’m personally not interested in buying one, but I definitely would love to get my hands on one and play it and yes, a lot of ABBA songs are quite enjoyable to listen to as well so I’m looking forward to it.

#673 15 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I’m personally not interested in buying one, but I definitely would love to get my hands on one and play it

Many will dismiss this game without flipping it in a good environment. I will be honest-most location pinball does not give the machines true justice. I have actually been turned off by location pinball and then came to realize it is a great game after playing in a home environment with a dialed in one(Tron and Godzilla come to mind). People waiting to judge it in a loud crowded bar where you can't hear anything should keep an open mind. Like I said this is a game that is going to really shine in a dark quite environment where you can really crank it up. The music will carry this game in the right environment.
Seriously daydreaming about possibilities? Wondering how PB stock sound system is and what size sub-10" or 15" may be best?

#674 15 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Seriously daydreaming about possibilities? Wondering how PB stock sound system is and what size sub-10" or 15" may be best?

Their stock sound system in Queen sounds really really good, in fact I don’t even need to add a powered sub woofer like I normally do. I just wish they used round speakers in the back instead of ovals, but that just trivial nonsense anyway. I think the sound will be great if they follow suit.

#675 15 days ago

Their stock sound system in Queen sounds really really good

I was asking around at a pinball party about Pinball Bros? I really do not know much about them. A friend with Queen said he has not had any issues and really loves Queen. Other's have said they have had issues with Aliens,etc. Trying to figure out where they are today with serviceability, etc. Nothing drives me more crazy than having a new game that is bricked. Now I know I can't base things off the future and need to learn to live in the present but it always is in the back of my mind of..What if they go out of business in a few years? Will I be able to replace boards? Trying to live in the now but concerned about the future as well(this is the risk we take buying big boy toys I guess).

I am done with internal subs and would only do an external under cab. I am leaning towards a 10" Polk- I love the crisp lows it puts out without adding cabinet vibration.

#676 15 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Trying to figure out where they are today with serviceability, etc. Nothing drives me more crazy than having a new game that is bricked.

this bugs me a lot regarding modern pins - they cost a fortune and many manufacturers use proprietary hardware and software making it virtually impossible to do home repairs. I think JJP has the best concept with standard pc hardware and linux. I also think American Pinball with p-roc and raspberry pi seems sensible. I‘ve heard Pinball brothers also has propriatory hard- and software, but I‘m not sure - doesn‘t seem to get much attention in Pinside.

#677 15 days ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I‘ve heard Pinball brothers also has propriatory hard- and software

Nobody really likes to talk about it and it is a bit of a mystery. Having proprietary surface mounted boards(SMT) that only a select few can work on is troublesome. I have seen surface mounted board repairs and they look like hack city. These companies should really release their firm ware publicly-just to give people like me re-assurance. I like having warm and cozy feelings

#678 15 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

and I like to party!

Loddy dotty-I likes to Party and so do the ladies who love ABBA

I like to party.. (resized).jpgI like to party.. (resized).jpgLet's party!! (resized).jpgLet's party!! (resized).jpg
#679 15 days ago
Quoted from Rodgy_beats:

Ordered an Arrival edition. Will be my first NIB

Same here

#680 14 days ago

As Queen code matured it shaped up to be a fun enjoyable machine. Once you dial it in, it’s smooth shooting and a lot of fun with some moderate debt to it.

Better for your credit rating if you pay it off in full and avoid the debt.

#681 14 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Better for your credit rating if you pay it off in full and avoid the debt.

lol, dam Siri changing my words

#682 14 days ago

Pinball Traders still has a couple of pre-order slots available for ABBA out of our first order of games. If you want to have one of the first ABBA games available in the United States let us know. You can preorder and make your deposit on our Pinside Store or our website.

ABBA is a huge group in Europe. With the planned production of only 800 units between both trim lines this title could easily sell out.

#683 14 days ago

I just wish there was some sort of confirmation that this thing really is limited to 800 total and then no more ever.

#684 14 days ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I just wish there was some sort of confirmation that this thing really is limited to 800 total and then no more ever.

Why? If it plays nice, sells great and do well on location it's good for the hobby?

#685 14 days ago

Not following your logic. By all your points, wouldn’t it make sense for them to make more than 800? And hopefully with a better art package. I like the playfield art and the Voyage art is ok by me but it’s also $11k and I’m in no position to jump at one of those 300 right now.

#686 14 days ago
Quoted from PinballTraders:

Pinball Traders still has a couple of pre-order slots available for ABBA out of our first order of games. If you want to have one of the first ABBA games available in the United States let us know. You can preorder and make your deposit on our Pinside Store or our website.
ABBA is a huge group in Europe. With the planned production of only 800 units between both trim lines this title could easily sell out.

When are they shipping?

#687 14 days ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

but, ABBA is like the Beatles to a LOT of the rest of the world.

i guess the world has gone insane

#688 14 days ago

I like the voyage art a little better. Seems more psychedelic and of the times. But the arrival art is simple and neat. Do I love the back glass? Absolutely not. But my wife insists that it is very abba-esque and appropriate.

#689 14 days ago

What songs do you hope to see get added to the game? For me I'd want:

On & On & On
I am The City
The Visitors

#690 14 days ago

Head over heels. Underrated song.

#691 14 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have they actually stated it’s limited to 800? Did they categorically say they won’t be doing a classic edition down the track?

Just to answer my own question, apparently on a podcast interview somewhere, PB did not rule out other versions of the game if these 2 versions sells out. In other words, it is not limited.

#692 14 days ago

On & On & On
I am The City
The Visitors

Fernando is listed on one of the adverts. That puts us at 17 so there are at least 4 more songs to be added. Thank you for the music and Lay all your love on me hopefully!

#693 14 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Fernando is listed on one of the adverts. That puts us at 17 so there are at least 4 more songs to be added. Thank you for the music and Lay all your love on me hopefully!

For me Dancing Queen could be left out just because it is such an overplayed song. Fernando is almost at that level but it's actually a really great song.

Lay All Your Love On Me would be a perfect multiball mode song, nice fast paced song.

Quoted from Rodgy_beats:

Head over heels. Underrated song.

That is a great song.

#695 14 days ago

On & On & On
I am The City
The Visitors

Move On

#696 14 days ago

ABBA Voyage show...looks fantastic! (I dig the Tron outfits)

#697 13 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Great news about Fernando I was really hoping for that one.. and Lay All Your Love on me is a big personal favorite as well and Chiquitita would be great

I keep wondering if they'll add One Of Us.. popular song but so depressing doesn't seem like a good pinball jam.. but Knowing Me Knowing You isn't the most uplifting either

#698 13 days ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Why? If it plays nice, sells great and do well on location it's good for the hobby?

It means a lot to collectors..let's not repeat the LE debacle in other companies..I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to...I'd be pissed if I got into a JP at 17K (at the peak), just to have them make the 30th anny.. not to mention Elvira...paying more for a limited is why it's 'limited'..until the greed gets the best of a company.

#699 13 days ago
Quoted from PinballRY:

Great news about Fernando I was really hoping for that one

oh my lord.gifoh my lord.gif

#700 13 days ago

The song arrival could also be included because there is an arrival insert on the playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
$ 9,995.00
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 736 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abba-hype/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.