Let's party!! (resized).jpg
Abba Zabba.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Dico ball yea.gif
It's Party time.gif
Let's party!.gif
IMG_8290 (resized).jpeg
Ikea Swedish Meatballs (resized).JPG
There are 735 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 48 days ago

The only question… which songs? They have too many amazing songs to have them all in one game!!

#2 48 days ago

LTG : )

#3 48 days ago

Assuming 10 songs:

- Dancing Queen
- Mamma Mia
- Take a Chance on me
- Winner takes it all
- Super Trouper
- Fernando
- Waterloo
- Lay all your love on me
- Knowing me knowing you
- SOS

Hopefully can get 20 or more though. Rush has 16

#4 48 days ago

I hope it has an ABBA Turd mode!

#5 48 days ago

Now wishing JJP did ABBA instead of Elton John. Those light rails would be amazing

#6 48 days ago

Better save Elton money for Abba, PB's Abba will cost way less than JJP:s Elton and music-wise both are equals to me! Hopefully there will be some cool mechanism included - regarding their earlier pins, Alien eating the ball was nice, Queen did not have that kind of interesting mech at all I think.

#7 48 days ago

I think this is a darkhorse MASSIVE seller. Mamma Mia remains an insane touring musical. Locations will kill with this title (assuming it's good!)

#8 48 days ago

Did you know the two guys from ABBA made a 1980's musical with Tim rice writing the lyrics? Believe it or not its about cold war era politics and the chess phenomena and competition of the era. Now that'd be a niche pinball!

chess (resized).jpgchess (resized).jpg
#9 48 days ago

Huh? Is this really happening? Lame if so, wtf?

#10 48 days ago

My favorites are:
The Visitors
Does Your Mother Know
Money, Money, Money
Angel Eyes
Head Over Heels
Gimme! Gimmie! Gimmie!
Waterloo

But I love a lot of ABBA songs, and have a few of their records on vinyl (though not as much a fan of Dancing Queen, Mamma Mia, etc. vein).

#11 48 days ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Better save Elton money for Abba, PB's Abba will cost way less than JJP:s Elton and music-wise both are equals to me! Hopefully there will be some cool mechanism included - regarding their earlier pins, Alien eating the ball was nice, Queen did not have that kind of interesting mech at all I think.

Queen was a disappointment to my wife, kids, and myself. Hopefully they do a better job. My family and I love ABBA but I hate mamma Mia.

#12 48 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Queen was a disappointment to my wife, kids, and myself. Hopefully they do a better job. My family and I love ABBA but I hate mamma Mia.

Did you own a Queen?

#13 48 days ago

Hopefully "winner takes it all" is the wizard mode

#14 48 days ago

This is a great theme, i only wish JJP was doing it. This game needs lots of glitter and lights

#15 48 days ago
Quoted from Stuieb84:

This is a great theme, i only wish JJP was doing it. This game needs lots of glitter and lights

I partially agree with you because they definitely could use a lot glitter and lights, but I don’t want the JJP price tag.

#16 48 days ago

Do we already know who's working on this supposed abba game?

#17 48 days ago

ABBA pinball?
No thank you

#19 48 days ago

Hmm... April 2024 is 50 years to the month since Abba won Eurovision.

#20 48 days ago

Just in case anyone is wondering what’s going on here

https://www.kineticist.co/post/is-abba-the-next-pinball-brothers-game

IMG_7075 (resized).jpegIMG_7075 (resized).jpeg
#21 48 days ago

PLOT TWIST....It's actually JAWS 2

MV5BNGQzM2EyZjAtOGIyYi00NWZhLTk3ODEtNWQ1YjJlMjEyMTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNGQzM2EyZjAtOGIyYi00NWZhLTk3ODEtNWQ1YjJlMjEyMTQ4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
#22 48 days ago
Quoted from ZombiePartie:

Assuming 10 songs:
- Dancing Queen
- Mamma Mia
- Take a Chance on me
- Winner takes it all
- Super Trouper
- Fernando
- Waterloo
- Lay all your love on me
- Knowing me knowing you
- SOS
Hopefully can get 20 or more though. Rush has 16

You forgot Xanadu..

#23 48 days ago

Im not sure I could handle the Music today.....in the 70s, I had a crush on Agnetha. Where did the time go?

#24 48 days ago

Wizard mode - you are the dancing Queen?!

It is a good title if done properly, as ABBA are still super popular.

#25 48 days ago

I wonder what was the last disco pinball machine that was made? I just did a quick search for “disco”, but are there other games with a disco theme, or music?

IMG_7077 (resized).pngIMG_7077 (resized).png
#26 48 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im not sure I could handle the Music today.....in the 70s, I had a crush on Agnetha. Where did the time go?

He has got to be paying for keeping time with those platform shoes like that in his current days.

#27 48 days ago

Although this would appeal to a broader market due to the music, I still can't wrap my brain around these three words...

ABBA Pinball Machine...

I mean, like, seriously, WTF!?!?

If I were to walk past one casually at a barcade, not only would I be looking for the wormhole that just transported me back to 1979, I would seriously wonder if all that acid had finally caught up with me... because only a serious acid flashback is going to ever explain why an Abba pinball machine even exists in the first place...

#28 48 days ago

4 letter bands that start with A do well in pinball. That's just facts.

#29 48 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Although this would appeal to a broader market due to the music, I still can't wrap my brain around these three words...
ABBA Pinball Machine...
If I were to walk past one casually at a barcade, not only would I be looking for the wormhole that just transported me back to 1979, I would seriously wonder if all that acid had finally caught up with me... because only a serious acid flashback is going to ever explain why an Abba pinball machine even exists in the first place...

This is how I felt about WoZ before I played one

#30 48 days ago
Quoted from chad:

You forgot Xanadu..

Xanadu is Olivia Newton-John + Electric Light Orchestra.

#31 48 days ago

2024 could be an epic year for releases.

BTTF, Jaws, MMr, The Matrix, Harry Potter, Pokémon, ABBA…

Space is always an issue, decisions will be tough soon.

#32 48 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wizard mode - you are the dancing Queen?!
It is a good title if done properly, as ABBA are still super popular.

I don’t think they’d stash that popular of a song/ mode away for only wizard mode it would be something you could select at game start.

#33 48 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

ABBA Pinball Machine...

I think they will go with ABBA Gold.

First Addams family Gold...

gold (resized).pnggold (resized).png
#34 48 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

ABBA Pinball Machine...

JJP just made Elton John.

ABBA are one of the best selling artists of all time.

https://chartmasters.org/best-selling-artists-of-all-time/

Great family theme.

If you want a WTF moment, go visit the BBQ pinball machine

#35 48 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I wonder what was the last disco pinball machine that was made? I just did a quick search for “disco”, but are there other games with a disco theme, or music?
[quoted image]

Abba really isn't disco.

Their songs don't have the 4 on the floor beat, which was the lifeblood of all we think of as "disco."

It's just extremely glossy pop.

#36 48 days ago

Like 'em or not there were globally succesful.

https://chartmasters.org/best-selling-artists-of-all-time/

#37 48 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

ABBA and THIS SONG in particular gets played every day at nearly every generic corporate store in America.

ABBA is about as mainstream and successful as it gets. Europe will lose their mind, for sure.

#38 48 days ago

Not a theme for me, but I don't hate it either.

#39 48 days ago

I remember when Waterloo first came on the radio. About the same time as Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo.

So yeah, I'm going to pass and wait for a Derringer pinball machine instead.
Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#40 48 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think the movies vitalised the band/songs.

#41 48 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

ABBA Pinball Machine...

Way better than "BBQ Pinball Machine"

#42 48 days ago

Miss Saigon has a helicopter on stage. Maybe it's a Miss Saigon pin. Bring some culture to pinball.

Pinside_forum_8071280_3809699 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8071280_3809699 (resized).jpg
#43 48 days ago

Serious haynes repair manual vibes from that flyer...

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.04.34?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.04.34?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.06.00?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-03-11 at 3.06.00?PM (resized).png
#44 47 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Miss Saigon has a helicopter on stage. Maybe it's a Miss Saigon pin. Bring some culture to pinball.
[quoted image]

The amount of FB bozo's who are convinced its M.A.S.H is pretty funny

#45 47 days ago

Haynes Repair Manual pinball FTW!

If BBQ pinball does well, can we expect the follow-ups to be Potato Salad pinball and/or Peach Cobbler pinball?

#46 47 days ago
Quoted from BeachPickle:

Serious haynes repair manual vibes from that flyer...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Suddenly I care less about an Abba pin.

#47 47 days ago

ABBA & Hype should never go together!!

#48 47 days ago

I love ABBA, but I’m holding out for the Air Supply pin.

#49 47 days ago

I just want the disco ball topper....

#50 47 days ago
Quoted from acedanger:

ABBA & Hype should never go together!!

Better than another rock pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,995.00
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,995.00
$ 500.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 735 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abba-hype and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.