IMG_7973 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Bubba (resized).png
IMG_3718 (resized).png
IMG_8476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0074 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 31.
#1401 41 days ago
Quoted from StonecutterJeff:

When this arrives what will I need to do to get this ready to play? I see a lot of tilt needs to be adjusted or it was a slow ball the game needs to be looked at. When the box arrives what will I need to do?

Videos are good. You can also read about in the the LT owners FAQ:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-doc-its-the-looney-tunes-owners-club

First post, under A really big box just showed up!

#1402 41 days ago
Quoted from StonecutterJeff:

I knew this was the pinball I needed. And I reserved mine and I’m at #52. This is my first pinball machine and I check this thread a few times a day and love hearing all the positive talk. Just a question and thank you in advance to the people who answer this. When this arrives what will I need to do to get this ready to play? I see a lot of tilt needs to be adjusted or it was a slow ball the game needs to be looked at. When the box arrives what will I need to do?

Quick first pinball machine check list:

1. Inspect the box before signing anything from the delivery driver. You might need to inspect further or refuse shipment if the box looks damaged or the tip & tell has blue above the line.

2. Getting the game move to where you want it is pretty easy with a dolly and 2 people or very hard solo… especially is stairs are involved. I personally offer cash to the delivery driver to help me get it into my basement and they always say yes.

3. Once in the room you want it, you have to bolt the legs on which is again easy with someone helping. If not you need something easy duty to prop one end up with. (I use an industrial stool)

4. Flip the back box up and make sure the it’s latched it the back (so it doesn’t crash back down into the glass)

5. Open the coin door with the keys and unlatch the lockdown bar. Just inside the the coin door there is a latch on each side. Pull the lockdown bar up and off. Slide the glass down and off the game. Set ball on the playfield to “install”. (You will want to change balls every few hundred plays or so to avoid playfield scratching/damage)

6. Level game: Use a digital level on the playfield to pitch the game. This varies by game and personal preference but 6.5 degrees is common. Usually the front legs are screwed all the way in and the back legs are extended to get the desired pitch. Also make sure the game is level side to side.

7. Optionals: Install the tilt bob (usually on the left side inside the coin box. ( I don’t install on my machines). I like to wax my playfield with carnauba before playing at a bit of added protection but many don’t. Some people also put mylar on areas of the playfield that take heavy abuse. I personally will be adding a “Mylar Magnet Protector” (https://www.pinballlife.com/mylar-magnet-protector.html)

8. Slide the glass back up and latch the lockdown bar back down. Close the coin door. Flip the on switch (under the cabinet on the right)

9. Hit the start button and have fun.

10. Contact Spooky if you have any issues. They have great support. Part of the hobby is tweaking and fixing things over time. Many enjoy this side of of owning pinball machines, like people who tinker with old cars. If you don’t… it can be expensive paying an hourly rate for local house calls. The TCM owners thread will be a great source for help.

“slow ball” shouldn’t be an issue at home. Flipper power can get weak with extended play times (like a pinball show) but gets back to full power when they cool back down.

Well, that ended up being longer than I thought. Hopefully I didn’t miss anything.

IMG_2656 (resized).jpegIMG_2656 (resized).jpeg
#1403 41 days ago

Just unboxed and set up the game, only to hit a password screen. Resetting made no further progress and none of the buttons have any input for the password screen. Of course it’s too late in the evening for spooky to pick up the phone, anyone have any ideas?

#1404 41 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Quick first pinball machine check list:
1. Inspect the box before signing anything from the delivery driver. You might need to inspect further or refuse shipment if the box looks damaged or the tip & tell has blue above the line.

Nice list. Going to use a couple. Thanks for pic - I didn’t have one of those.

#1405 41 days ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Just unboxed and set up the game, only to hit a password screen. Resetting made no further progress and none of the buttons have any input for the password screen. Of course it’s too late in the evening for spooky to pick up the phone, anyone have any ideas?

Maybe a Spooky member will see this here?

#1406 41 days ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Your TCM needs some attention. Not really playable as it is.
Right flipper button was sticking constantly, and the upper right flipper apparently slipped on its shaft and was sticking out blocking the right side shot.
I also had the ball getting stuck on the left ramp next to the spinning leatherface, where the metal ramp and wire form met.
Looks like it will be an awesome game with tons of cool shots.

Slight adjustment to the wire form and the ball doesn’t get stuck anymore IMG_0059 (resized).jpegIMG_0059 (resized).jpeg
Minor adjustment to the switches and the button doesn’t stick nowIMG_0060 (resized).jpegIMG_0060 (resized).jpeg
Broken spring under the upper right flipper fixedIMG_0061 (resized).jpegIMG_0061 (resized).jpegIMG_0067 (resized).jpegIMG_0067 (resized).jpeg

As for the diverter, I tested it a billion times and it moves up and down like butter. The orbit switch was registering perfectly. And I made sure it was lined up so the ball can hit it as clean as possible and not have the switch wire rub on the cut out. The switch and the diverter set up move up and down cleanly.
IMG_0063 (resized).jpegIMG_0063 (resized).jpegIMG_0065 (resized).jpegIMG_0065 (resized).jpegIMG_0066 (resized).jpegIMG_0066 (resized).jpeg
In game play when I would cradle on the left flipper and hit the shot it would enter the lock cleanly 6/10 times. If I hit the orbit on the fly and the ball flew up there super fast, it never got into the lock.
I asked these random dudes to play and 2 out of 2 random guys agree everything works perfectly accept the diverter shot.
It seems like there’s a slight delay in the diverters reaction to the shot.

IMG_0068 (resized).jpegIMG_0068 (resized).jpeg

On 2 games it randomly spit 2 balls in the shooter lane. Not sure what that’s about.

#1407 41 days ago

I’d look at topside diverter around the plastic. Make sure it is not hitting here or catching every so often and that preventing it from going al the way up at right time. Genuinely have had no issues (aside from that very rare super fast ball hit on the fly) so I’d think for sure something small causing for your specific game

IMG_3690 (resized).jpegIMG_3690 (resized).jpeg
#1408 41 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’d look at topside diverter around the plastic. Make sure it is not hitting here or catching every so often and that preventing it from going al the way up at right time. Genuinely have had no issues (aside from that very rare super fast ball hit on the fly) so I’d think for sure something small causing for your specific game
[quoted image]

Might be the angle of the camera, I was watching it do its thing over and over but I will definitely check out what’s up with that plastic to see if it’s hitting or rubbing.

#1409 41 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Might be the angle of the camera, I was watching it do its thing over and over but I will definitely check out what’s up with that plastic to see if it’s hitting or rubbing.

If not hitting on top then I’d look from below and make sure nothing rubbing stick/plunger. Even the smallest tweak on that whole mech could make it go away.

I’m not sure if you have experience how a stern drop target mech can get a little bend over time from going up and down; and then the drops get just enough friction/binding to not reset every time? I have found a little pressure to open up that angle and get rid of that small bind can work magic. I’d try the same and just a little pressure on the bend of that mech. Try one way or the other and see if it does anything.

#1410 41 days ago
Quoted from drewski28:

The small coin battery died. We discovered last week we had been shipped some faulty ones unfortunately. Give AJ at service a call first thing in the morning and he will get you fixed up. My apologies for the inconvenience. Just bad luck we got a box of some that must have been nearly dead batteries in.

#1411 41 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Slight adjustment to the wire form and the ball doesn’t get stuck anymore [quoted image]
Minor adjustment to the switches and the button doesn’t stick now[quoted image]
Broken spring under the upper right flipper fixed[quoted image][quoted image]
As for the diverter, I tested it a billion times and it moves up and down like butter. The orbit switch was registering perfectly. And I made sure it was lined up so the ball can hit it as clean as possible and not have the switch wire rub on the cut out. The switch and the diverter set up move up and down cleanly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
In game play when I would cradle on the left flipper and hit the shot it would enter the lock cleanly 6/10 times. If I hit the orbit on the fly and the ball flew up there super fast, it never got into the lock.
I asked these random dudes to play and 2 out of 2 random guys agree everything works perfectly accept the diverter shot.
It seems like there’s a slight delay in the diverters reaction to the shot.
[quoted image]
On 2 games it randomly spit 2 balls in the shooter lane. Not sure what that’s about.

I would bet that you just need to go into the coil settings and increase the power setting for the diverter coil. More power will make it raise a bit quicker.

#1412 40 days ago

Why you still use a leaf switch ?
honestly i prefer Opto boards, like fliptronics on Bally /WMS, the feel is better

I'd say that's the negative point, along with the noise from the coils when they are active.
it appeared with the warden board, i don't have this before Scooby

Pinside_forum_8085059_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8085059_1 (resized).jpg

#1413 40 days ago
Quoted from pinballM:

Why you still use a leaf switch ?
honestly i prefer Opto boards, like fliptronics on Bally /WMS, the feel is better
I'd say that's the negative point, along with the noise from the coils when they are active.
it appeared with the warden board, i don't have this before Scooby
[quoted image]

Noise from coils is quite common across pinball. My Metallica had this. At the time there was all sorts of discussion on how to stop it. One guy was even putting zip ties around his flipper coils to lessen any vibration…didn’t work.

#1414 40 days ago

As a player I MUCH prefer leaf switches for flipper button. ESP for games with upper and lower flippers as the staging is much better with leaf switches.

Optos have their place but flipper buttons have much better action with leaf switches IME.

#1415 40 days ago

So looking at the diverter today it definitely moves too slowly and is rejecting the ball. The mechanism itself isn't binding that I can feel. We flipped thru the menu and couldn't find any strength adjustment for the coil. There was only a timing adjustment which I assume was the pulse width and that was maxed out at 20ms already.

Is there going to be a coil strength adjustment added or should we have messed with the timing setting?

#1416 40 days ago

I’m thinking it’s about time for another stream with the latest code. It’s been a while. Needing to hear the buzz.

#1417 39 days ago

Found the reason for the multiple balls in the shooter lane. The switches in the trough hold the balls up and as the game plays they gradually drop mid ball the game thinks you drained. IMG_0074 (resized).jpegIMG_0074 (resized).jpegNeeded to loosen all the switch screws and make sure the housing was rotated as far right as possible and make sure the left screw wasn’t too tight because it pinched the housing and makes the switch to stiff. Then get a switch adjuster and slightly bend each roller blade down

#1418 39 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I would bet that you just need to go into the coil settings and increase the power setting for the diverter coil. More power will make it raise a bit quicker.

SpookyLuke just following up if you could tell us where the power setting is? We couldn't find it just a timing setting which was already maxed out.

#1419 39 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

SpookyLuke just following up if you could tell us where the power setting is? We couldn't find it just a timing setting which was already maxed out.

The timing is power I asked Ben to increase the range today so it can be raised higher. See if maybe that helps. I wonder also if you can use the adjustment screw on the bottom of the up post mech to set it slightly higher so that it gets above ball height quicker. Certainly strange as we are seeing the occasional super fast shot miss but it very uncommon.

#1420 39 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The timing is power I asked Ben to increase the range today so it can be raised higher. See if maybe that helps. I wonder also if you can use the adjustment screw on the bottom of the up post mech to set it slightly higher so that it gets above ball height quicker. Certainly strange as we are seeing the occasional super fast shot miss but it very uncommon.

We tried to take a video but I suffered from stage fright and couldn't hit it. Then it ended up getting really busy so we closed the game up.

#1421 38 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I wonder also if you can use the adjustment screw on the bottom of the up post mech to set it slightly higher

Good call on raising the whole contraption! It registered 10/10 shots. I’m calling this fixed as of now. The test will be when the league guys play it…

#1422 37 days ago

SpookyLuke please if you can test that everything is working on my game TCM CE #43 Much much appreciated, I’m not the most hands on for pinball tech but I’m trying. Thank you. Dream theme for me.

#1423 37 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

SpookyLuke please if you can thoroughly test my game TCM CE #43 Much much appreciated, I’m not the most hands on for pinball tech but I’m trying. Thank you. Dream theme for me.

Live stream of TCM CE #43 is back on the menu boys!

#1424 37 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Good call on raising the whole contraption! It registered 10/10 shots. I’m calling this fixed as of now. The test will be when the league guys play it…

I’ll be putting up many games on it tomorrow and happy to report if I observe any misses.

#1425 37 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I’ll be putting up many games on it tomorrow and happy to report if I observe any misses.

I stopped in randomly about 5 minutes ago and I was watching a guy blowing it up. He was in the meat hook thing multiball and it would never end. Finally after like 6 multiball restarts when all the balls drained the flippers died but the count down for the bonus and ball end never happened. It did a ball search after like 5 minutes of us watching it and pushing the buttons and trying to tilt it out then the game threw a ball back in the shooter. After it drained it did the same thing about 3 times. I took a pic of the screen when all balls were drained. I opened the door and went into switch test and all 7 balls were registering. I just rebooted the game. He was pissed. I felt bad for him.

IMG_0085 (resized).jpegIMG_0085 (resized).jpeg

#1426 37 days ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I stopped in randomly about 5 minutes ago and I was watching a guy blowing it up. He was in the meat hook thing multiball and it would never end. Finally after like 6 multiball restarts when all the balls the drained the flippers died but the count down for the bonus and ball end never happened. It did a ball search after like 5 minutes of us watching it and pushing the buttons and trying to tilt it out then the game threw a ball back in the shooter. After it drained it did the same thing about 3 times. I took a pic of the screen when all balls were drained. I opened the door and went into switch test and all 7 balls were registering. I just rebooted the game. He was pissed. I felt bad for him.
[quoted image]

I don't expect it to take long to clean up the last couple code bugs. Game has so much content already its just down to getting it 1000% stable.

#1427 37 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't expect it to take long to clean up the last couple code bugs. Game has so much content already its just down to getting it 1000% stable.

I can’t wait man, this game is so bad ass when it’s playing right.

#1428 36 days ago

The neon is in

IMG_8476 (resized).jpegIMG_8476 (resized).jpeg
#1429 36 days ago

ben and crew killed a few more bugs. Loading it at IO now in case anyone wants to beta test before next public release (soon).

IMG_3718 (resized).pngIMG_3718 (resized).png
#1430 36 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

The neon is in [quoted image]

I have to ask - how do you get your glass off each game?

#1431 36 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have to ask - how do you get your glass off each game?

There’s plenty of room. It may look that way in the picture. Width of the room is 103”.

#1432 35 days ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

There’s plenty of room. It may look that way in the picture. Width of the room is 103”.

Ahh ok yeah it looks a lot less than to me that is.

All about perspective

#1433 35 days ago

Is there going to be a TCM and/or LT at pintastic new England?

#1434 35 days ago

Are games shipping yet? I want to get a middle run game. Need all the bugs worked out. Can’t wait to play it. Hopefully Captains in Anaheim CA gets one soon!!

#1435 34 days ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Is there going to be a TCM and/or LT at pintastic new England?

That's the plan.
.................David Marston

#1436 34 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

Are games shipping yet? I want to get a middle run game. Need all the bugs worked out. Can’t wait to play it. Hopefully Captains in Anaheim CA gets one soon!!

Its in production and shipping, it's a slow start right now as they got three games in production at the same time, but scooby should be done real soon and then LT and TCM is gonna be ramping up in production numbers.

#1437 34 days ago
Quoted from calprog:

I opted for a late run Halloween 920 CE. I think its good to let them work out the bugs with people who might be more adept at repairs.

#1438 33 days ago
Quoted from dmarston:

That's the plan.
.................David Marston

Nice.

#1439 31 days ago

I really like the franchise and gameplay sofar is really good. I like the start of the mini wizard modes where the game blacks out and the movie scenes start to play. Very good regarding theme integration!

888 games, how are these divided in the different editions?

#1440 31 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I really like the franchise and gameplay sofar is really good. I like the start of the mini wizard modes where the game blacks out and the movie scenes start to play. Very good regarding theme integration!
888 games, how are these divided in the different editions?

They make whatever people order up to 888 total units, they don't preset the editions

#1441 31 days ago

Not to be that guy, but do we know what the highest number TCM we have seen get shipped yet? Someone posted a picture and when zooming in it looked like number 14. That’s the highest I have seen anyone mention yet.

#1442 31 days ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Not to be that guy, but do we know what the highest number TCM we have seen get shipped yet? Someone posted a picture and when zooming in it looked like number 14. That’s the highest I have seen anyone mention yet.

Somebody in the game play thread said they getting it today. So hopefully we have an updated number. Wish we could pick our numbers. Would love to have 818. Happy with 52.

#1443 31 days ago

For sale : Dead Horse, slightly beaten.

From JFH in LT Owner Thread :
"You guys questioning game numbers and how Spooky handles shipping them should go listen to this podcast released yesterday;
https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/donspinballpodcast/episodes/DPP-111-Spooky-Spring-Break-Special-e2het7p?fbclid=IwAR2CUM8d-kme-Zk_w9pbqei8gtXQq4j33qFblHqIMiP6T9QYcBxQUJAo7HY"

From Luke in LT Owner Thread :
"Show game numbers get thrown in wherever when the show comes up. They have 0 correlation to build order.

Other than that we stick to numbered order as best we can. There are some factors that can mess with that a bit.
1. Europe we have to fill a container or shipping is wildly inefficient.
2. Butter cabinets often get behind on supply.
3. Waiting for game invoices to be paid.

With that said we do make our best effort to stick with numbered order as best we can.

Our distributors have been doing this for years and all already know this."

Too lazy to go find the tens of other responses.

#1444 31 days ago

Want something close to concrete?

I inquired about my number 90 a week ago and was told most likely summer. There ya go.

#1445 31 days ago

Luke also said that production is ever changing as orders come in. Moving target. And orders are coming in everyday. As more orders come in, they raise the production rate off the line.

#1446 31 days ago

I'm working on some optimizations between TPF and MGC which feel like they're 3 minutes apart not 3 weeks

After MGC we'll see what comes up and then likely push a v0.90 out based on any data we collect.

As for mode/content updates, probably late summer/fall. There's quite a bit of depth already, you should be good for a while!

#1447 31 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm working on some optimizations between TPF and MGC which feel like they're 3 minutes apart not 3 weeks
After MGC we'll see what comes up and then likely push a v0.90 out based on any data we collect.
As for mode/content updates, probably late summer/fall. There's quite a bit of depth already, you should be good for a while!

Based off of this, it sounds like it's safe to say we might get another stream after MGC.

#1448 30 days ago

I paid my invoice March 10. I’m receiving my game in April

#1449 30 days ago

Neca Toony Terrors just release TCM 50th anniversary figurine. I’ve always liked these. Have one for Freddy and Michael.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1450 30 days ago

The multiball mode where you lock the first ball on the door magnet then have to knock it off is so fun. Lots of awesome stuff in the code, great work Ben. And the flow and ball paths, so fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Nashville, TN
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Broadview Hts, OH
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 1,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-texas-chainsaw-massacre-hype-/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.