WoZ kickout problem

By harryhoudini

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just picked up a WoZ and it's having an intermittent kickout problem.. from the trough, I guess is how I'd describe it. If I look in there I can see it kicking a ball but it doesn't have enough momentum to get in the shooter lane. After a few attempts it is able to load a ball, sometimes it works fine. I am assuming it's a problem with the coil, maybe needs a new sleeve but before I go replacing stuff I thought I'd ask.

Btw, is the only way to source parts like even a shooter sleeve through JJ or is there a way to figure out what part is generic enough to work? I have some sleeves here that I can try and match up and I need to peruse the manual to see what data they give on parts. I saw the coils were labeled with JJ part numbers so I assume it's going to be hard to find those part numbers at any retailer (Marco had very little for WoZ for example).

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Those are all WPC style mechs so sleeves are easy to source. First I'd see if it feels like it's moving freely and/or adjust the settings for that coil.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Just picked up a WoZ and it's having an intermittent kickout problem.. from the trough, I guess is how I'd describe it. If I look in there I can see it kicking a ball but it doesn't have enough momentum to get in the shooter lane. After a few attempts it is able to load a ball, sometimes it works fine. I am assuming it's a problem with the coil, maybe needs a new sleeve but before I go replacing stuff I thought I'd ask.
Btw, is the only way to source parts like even a shooter sleeve through JJ or is there a way to figure out what part is generic enough to work? I have some sleeves here that I can try and match up and I need to peruse the manual to see what data they give on parts. I saw the coils were labeled with JJ part numbers so I assume it's going to be hard to find those part numbers at any retailer (Marco had very little for WoZ for example).
Thanks!

There's an adjustment on the menu for coil strength on the trough kicker. Have you checked that?

#4 5 years ago

Settings - coil settings - trough up kicker. Bump up the number a bit, try again in gameplay, etc..

#5 5 years ago

They are also known to need the metal ball directing bracket bent open a bit. Several posts in how to in the jjp threads. Kicker power will help, but the bracket is the fix.

#6 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks everyone!

#7 5 years ago

The setting was way low on that coil, solved! I did notice that there was no setting for the Wizard VUK which I wanted to change due to it draining right away.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The setting was way low on that coil, solved! I did notice that there was no setting for the Wizard VUK which I wanted to change due to it draining right away.

Be sure the metal deflector is screwed down tight to the playfield.

Settings - Coils - Throne Room VUK

LTG : )

#9 5 years ago

Difficulty kicking a ball out from the trough can also be a symtom of magnitized balls.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Be sure the metal deflector is screwed down tight to the playfield.
Settings - Coils - Throne Room VUK
LTG : )

Ah! Ty

#11 5 years ago

Having the same issue with my Hobbit. I adjusted the coil strength initially and that worked for a while but it still happens from time to time. Your issue may be the same as mine and what’s described in the link.

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Having the same issue with my Hobbit. I adjusted the coil strength initially and that worked for a while but it still happens from time to time. Your issue may be the same as mine and what’s described in the link.
http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Cool, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coos Bay, OR
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woz-kickout-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.