Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Jamesays
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Better at home combo”

• JP Prem and GZ Pro 7 votes
      13%
    • GZ Prem and DP Pro 25 votes
      45%
    • GZ Prem and JP Pro 12 votes
      22%
    • JP Prem and DP Pro 11 votes
      20%

(55 votes)

#1 13 days ago

Trying to plan the best at home combo. Was thinking a premium that's more in depth/challenging and a pro that's just a fun shooter (something that will remain fun for a while).

JP Prem and GZ Pro
    GZ Prem and DP Pro

Thanks all.

#2 13 days ago

They’re all great games. Can’t go wrong. I guess you’re set on Godzilla. But I’d go JP premium, DP pro.

#3 13 days ago

Personally I’d go JP prem and DP pro as well

#4 13 days ago

GZ Premo and Bond Pro

#5 13 days ago

Zilla premium and DP pro...all the way, Zilla premium is great choice for the premium model, and DP is really not that much of a difference between pro and premium. JP either version, on the other hand is just too much like work. the other 2 choices are more fun to shoot but have the depth if you desire it!

Phoebe

#6 13 days ago

I know I am in minority but never got into Deadpool. The Katana shot feels clunky and not satisfying. Don't care for a bobblehead as main toy. I think X-MEN LE for same money blows it out of the water-but that is just me

#7 13 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I know I am in minority but never got into Deadpool. The Katana shot feels clunky and not satisfying. Don't care for a bobblehead as main toy. I think X-MEN LE for same money blows it out of the water-but that is just me

My biggest issue is the snkt shot has too much luck involved to hit correctly and is solely dependent on if you have a good game or not. Neat idea, but it's not consistent enough on the games I've played.

You can have a killer game, but if you didn't hit that shot in the right moments (or ever), tough crap.

#8 13 days ago

Please add JP premium and DP pro to poll! Thats my vote.

#9 13 days ago

Out of those 3 combos, I must immediately rule out JP Prem and GZ Pro. If any of those 3 titles warrants a Prem, it’s GZ. Though I LOVE JP Prem, it’s because I already love the Pro and the T-Rex is just icing on a great cake.

So it really is a battle of GZ Prem and then either JP Pro or DP Pro. It probably comes down to personal preference. Do you want another 3rd flipper game? Do you want a more approachable game with slightly less tight shots? Do you like the mode progression of DP, or JP better (they do contrast)?

I have a small collection and bought a 2022 run DP and it only lasted a year. I don’t know how long JP would be. But if you have GZ Prem with it in tandem, you’re probably having a good time regardless.

#10 12 days ago

I liked DP and appreciated its total package at home even more, BUUUUT....I only kept it for 5 months. The main game is just shoot the scoop, start boss battle. Rinse. Repeat. Then the 3 Bosses just get a repeat combo pairing with Sauron. So it just doesn't feel full in the end after a few hundred plays despite everything else being so great.

I don't think you lose much in JP Pro, whereas I think the toys are too cool to give up in a GZ Prem. Going GZ Prem and JP Pro of your choices. I'd recommend a different designer, though, to make it feel more mixed in the gameplay department.

Edit: Love the XMEN LE suggestion posted above over DP.

#11 12 days ago

I have a 2022 GZ Prem + 2023 DP Pro and this combo offers a good mix of Elwin + Gomez strengths. The mechs, toys and layout of GZ Prem offer a longer buildup mission gaming experience, while DP Pro is a completely different instant satisfaction gaming layout with some challenging shots. You can easily mod the DP Pro to be almost like the DP Prem for less $ than you think.

With the 0.99 code of Bond, I am curious to see what other think about the Bond Pro vs DP Pro as a second pin in HUO setting. Does Bond (movie music theme loop replay and all) keep you coming back for that one-more-time experience like DP Pro?

#12 12 days ago
    Quoted from PrestoMagic:

I have a 2022 GZ Prem + 2023 DP Pro and this combo offers a good mix of Elwin + Gomez strengths. The mechs, toys and layout of GZ Prem offer a longer buildup mission gaming experience, while DP Pro is a completely different instant satisfaction gaming layout with some challenging shots. You can easily mod the DP Pro to be almost like the DP Prem for less $ than you think.
    With the 0.99 code of Bond, I am curious to see what other think about the Bond Pro vs DP Pro as a second pin in HUO setting. Does Bond (movie music theme loop replay and all) keep you coming back for that one-more-time experience like DP Pro?

I'd choose Bond Pro over DP. In fact, I did just that in the real world scenario. Code is better with more variety. DP has a great layout and shots (plus theme integration, art package, sound, etc etc), but there isn't really enough variety in the modes/battles to generate longevity. Shoot scoop. Boss battle. Do it again. Better game in short bursts, large collections, and/or location. I'm admittedly biased towards Bond as a theme over Deadpool, though.

Bond has code for days. Plus an interesting layout. Falls short on playfield art but that's the only place. I suppose they could expand the "boxed"/"cropped" movie clips as well on screen. Overall, a better player's package with longevity unless you really love Marvel as your theme.

Bond>Deadpool

I hit start button on both for "Just one More".

I'd choose GZ Prem + Bond Pro given the choice.

#13 12 days ago

GZ prem and deadpool pro easily.

Bond is also an excellent choice, but I like the idea of having one deep game and one fast and fun game that doesn't require an encyclopedia to remember the rules. So if you wanted Bond instead I'd say get that instead of Godzilla.

#14 12 days ago

Pinball preference is VERY personal. I can't speak to what YOU love.

Figure out what YOU like playing and don't listen to other peoples advice.

And play a lot of pinball! That'll help a lot to narrow your choices!

It's a GREAT time to be looking at buying a pinball. Lots of choices. You can't go wrong, but do what's right for you, not what other people advise.

#15 12 days ago

Viva variety!

I think Godzilla, Deadpool, and Jurassic Park are all in Sterns Top 5 (placement is up for debate). Of what you listed, I think Godzilla and Jurassic Park are more similar to each other than Deadpool and either one. I'd go Godzilla Premium or Jurassic Park Premium and Deadpool Pro, and would lean towards Godzilla Premium and Deadpool Pro. I've had all 3 and all are great games. HOWEVER, Jurassic Park Premium tends to appeal more to the higher end player. There is more to do in that game towards the end of the game. If you suck and pinball you will just do the same few paddocks over and over. Godzilla is very wide and appeals to players of all skill levels. The toys are great in that game, and the theme integration is top notch. Kids and adults love it and my little ones like watching the Kaiju battles on it. Its deep enough its hard to complete everything. Deadpool Pro is great in that it is wide at the beginning. It is a better game for newer players than Jurassic Park as there is more at the beggining of the game. Its wide open in the beginning and there are lots of different things you can do. It also loses the least between the pro and premium, and is actually preferred by tournament dweebs as it has standup targets instead of drop targets, which can make the game play much faster. Other than that you are losing a moving ramp that changes the left orbit return and a disco ball. None of these games are "easy".

In summary I'd say:

Godzilla: Great for players of all skill levels.
    Jurassic Park: Better for the advanced player.
    Deadpool: Better for the newer player.

Based off of your post history I'd recommend Godzilla Premium and Deadpool Pro. There is also nothing stopping you from trading down the line.

Good luck!

#16 12 days ago

The only modern sterns I've owned are JP, DP and GZ (all pros) and DP and GZ are still here. So that's my vote. I do like Jurassic Park but it's repetitive in the beginning (I guess DP kinda is too, but you can at least choose your battle) .. however, you really can't go wrong, IMO those are the top 3 sterns. I will say the pro versions are just as good, (also in my opinion, faster = better) so don't feel like you NEED a premium! Good choices though!

#17 12 days ago

If you just go pros I would do Stranger Things and Iron Maiden.

#18 12 days ago

I would get 2 premiums with prices so close.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-home-better-combo- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.