(Topic ID: 348609)

What Kind of Pinsider Uses the “Ignore” Feature?

By Jason_Jehosaphat

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“My Position on the Ignore Feature:”

• I use the Igore feature often because Pinside is crawling with irritating idiots. 45 votes
      24%
    • I have never used this feature and don’t plan to start. 81 votes
      42%
    • I wish I didn't need access to such a feature, but sometimes I just do. 57 votes
      30%
    • We keyboard warriors need to get our zings in however we can, so: keep the feature! 4 votes
      2%
    • Let’s remove it in the spirit of a better Pinside. 4 votes
      2%

(191 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9489 (resized).jpeg
    giphy.gif
    dummy (resized).png
    C16F2005-D297-4B22-B93D-93D020F35C4A.gif
    1470156847205-Y39M16WCFYFQR4X75XON.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    pasted image 0.gif
    Get some thicker skin (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (3) (resized).jpg
    IMG_1829 (resized).png
    IMG_0035 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_6864 (resized).jpeg
    20yup8 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So now we have certain people that ignore others complaining when they get ignored by someone? [quoted image]

I only block people who are continually changing their avatars.

#152 4 months ago
    C16F2005-D297-4B22-B93D-93D020F35C4A.gifC16F2005-D297-4B22-B93D-93D020F35C4A.gif
    #153 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I used to have a huge block list…it was up to like 80 people. I took a look at it, and couldn’t even remember why I blocked most of them. So I undid most of them. There are currently 5 left on my block list. These are people who are overly cruel, combative, personally insulted me, or personally threatened me. I don’t want to know they exist, what they post, and don’t want to interact with them. This feature infinitely makes Pinside a better experience.
    It’s interesting that I can’t upvote people who’ve blocked me - and that’s how I find out I’ve been blocked. I understand preventing adversaries from downvoting - but if a blocked person wants to give their blocker an upvote, what’s the harm?

Thank you for removing me from the ignore list.

#154 4 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Thank you for removing me from the ignore list.

See, I don’t even remember why I did it. Peace & love, peace & love.

#155 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

See, I don’t even remember why I did it. Peace & love, peace & love.

Good to have you back bro. I figure why can't we all just get along.

#158 4 months ago

When do you think Robin will start charging for the ignore/block list feature? First five blocks are free?

#159 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I only block people who are continually changing their avatars.

What, you don't like Tranya?

#160 4 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

What, you don't like Tranya?

Hey, Balok is no dummy...and he serves good Tranya.

dummy (resized).pngdummy (resized).png
    #161 4 months ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

Hey, Balok is no dummy...and he serves good Tranya.[quoted image]

Thank you. I Google searched, Tranya, and all I got was an ear bud company. Your comment, along with o-din's new, Clint Howard Star Trek avatar, I now get it.

Damn you o-din, and your shape-shifter ways.

#162 4 months ago

What kind of Pinsider uses block/ignore?
    Fat kids, skinny kids, kids that climb on rocks.
    Tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox.

#163 4 months ago
    Quoted from lifefloat:

Are there Pinside achievement points awarded for blocking someone?

Only if the moderators later delete their account.

#164 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Damn you o-din, and your shape-shifter ways.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #165 4 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I've had that head scratcher myself.
    I thought we were cool man!
    If I do it it's a newb chowder head that doesn't knowm shit. I don't need to hear their awesome take on the lifestyle brand 8 weeks into it.
    It would take a lot to ignore a long time user for me; whether I never agree with them or not. Gotta show some respect around here.

I must be pretty intolerable.

IMG_9489 (resized).jpegIMG_9489 (resized).jpeg
    #166 4 months ago

OP seems to have noped right out of his own thread...

#167 4 months ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I must be pretty intolerable.
    [quoted image]

Or have achieved greatness.

#168 4 months ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

read one thing I don’t like one day and be in a mood.

This is probably why I need to scrub my ignore list and take some off. I’m very guilty of this. Sometimes I punch ignore to help resist the urge to engage when it’s best not to.

There’s a lot of, “it’s not you, it’s me” in my ignore list too.

All good though!

#169 4 months ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

OP seems to have noped right out of his own thread...

I've done that.
    I started the, Favorite Childhood Toy thread in 2016 and its still bouncing along now, approaching 8 years. I dropped out nearly 3 years ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys

#170 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I've done that.
    I started the, Favorite Childhood Toy thread in 2016 and its still bouncing along now, approaching 8 years. I dropped out nearly 3 years ago.

That is about 5 years longer than this OP

He made it one post and realized he done goofed up.

#171 4 months ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

Oh yeah, I knew what you meant.
    I'm just nursing a bruised ego right now and saw an opportunity to promote myself.

All good.

#172 4 months ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

I don't think he goofed up. I think he asked a question, and then learned the answers. Good for him. When you're trying to learn, less talking and more listening helps.

#173 4 months ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

I don't think he goofed up. I think he asked a question, and then learned the answers. Good for him. When you're trying to learn, less talking and more listening helps.

The thread title was a question yes. A tactic often used in clickbait posts across the Internet. The post itself was a very long rant stating an opinion. But maybe you are right. Doubt it, but maybe.

#174 4 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is probably why I need to scrub my ignore list and take some off. I’m very guilty of this. Sometimes I punch ignore to help resist the urge to engage when it’s best not to.
    There’s a lot of, “it’s not you, it’s me” in my ignore list too.
    All good though!

RareHero said basically the same thing and I'm likely to do the opposite and expand my list.

All these years and I never once used the feature until about 8 or 9 months ago when I first put someone on it. I only have two people in total and one of them is so obnoxious I'm getting daily relief.

I just hate how buggy the code is when both people are commenting in the same thread. I can't see them, but I have to refresh my page everytime I post a comment or they do.

#175 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I just hate how buggy the code is when both people are commenting in the same thread. I can't see them, but I have to refresh my page everytime I post a comment or they do.

You get used to it.

#176 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I've done that.

This is one of my favourite threads in all of pinside. I’ve remembered so many things from my early childhood that would have otherwise been forgotten memories.

#177 4 months ago

Always Be Ignoring!

#178 4 months ago
    Quoted from blizz81:

Imagine being a female pinball fan on pinside (or "The Socials" in general) and being suggested you should "just ignore" all the skeevy posts and messages you get vs. actively being able to filter them out.

There are clearly areas of pinside that I never knew existed. Ive never seen posts mocking peoples families, nor an incessant pervo vibe. I mean you said "all the skeevy posts". Id like to know where you go, so who I can see needs blocked. Thanks.

#179 4 months ago

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Bilbo Baggins

#180 4 months ago

I know of just one person who blocked me, shortly after he posted about how he would never ignore or block anyone!

#181 4 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I know of just one person who blocked me, shortly after he posted about how he would never ignore or block anyone!

probibly Because of won of you're Pinside spellen oar grammer corrections.

#182 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

probibly Because of won of you're Pinside spellen or grammer corrections.

Haha, isn't it prolly?

#183 4 months ago

I have had a couple encounters with members for my own sanity I have had to block them. 2 of them were stalkers. Other than that, who cares. Point, counterpoint, agree, disagree, move on.

I know I am not everyone's cup of tea and know for certain a few have me blocked. Block away!

One thing I can assure everyone, that whatever I may say here, I have 100% no problem with saying the exact same in a face to face conversation. I am totally what you see is what you get. Never let your mouth write a check that your ass is not willing to cash. Say it or write it, be able to live up to it. There are a lot of people that cannot handle that. I have never believed in sugar coating. It's actually hard for me to do.

#184 4 months ago

Only people I’ve ignored here haven’t clued in that pinside isn’t the place to spout whatever political, religious, or other views they have constantly. I’m totally down with the interesting, combative, and downright strange I’ve encountered on here - just keep the drunk Uncle dinner table lectures to a slow boil.

Oh - and be a decent human. No time in my life for people who are pointlessly mean.

#185 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

probibly Because of won of you're Pinside spellen oar grammer corrections.

Quoted from poppapin:

Haha, isn't it prolly?

Har de har, I don't bother with that these days, haven't in years, and when I did it was usually when there was a chance to be humorous. Not saying they were all hilarious...

No, this was because he was tired of me pointing out when his submissions didn't meet his own criteria for his own thread's subject.

#186 4 months ago

Here’s a question for the OP.

Do you think that people aren’t replying to this thread because you’re blocked and they can’t see it, or that they just don’t care to post in this thread?

There are 188 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-kind-of-pinsider-uses-the-ignore-feature/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.