(Topic ID: 213089)

Up the Irons - Stern Iron Maiden Owners and True Fans Club!

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMTopper02@4 (resized).jpg
2024-05-13 21.05.18 (resized).jpg
IMG_1489 (resized).png
IMG_7291 (resized).jpeg
20240513_1119052@6 (resized).jpg
IMG_5497 (resized).png
IMG_5496 (resized).png
IMG_5510 (resized).png
IMG_9356 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9357 (resized).jpeg
20240506_184549 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5442 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5476 (resized).jpeg
250A1370-FA98-4BDE-A0DF-4E88CBEF54C3 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9138 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 320.
#13501 10 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Off the top of my head Stern only made 500 IMND LE’s and 250 of them went to the band. Not many have played an LE before to rank which is backed up by raters and owners on Pinside.
The IMDN LE is a more true to being a limited edition for these reasons - just IMO.
Could be off on this if someone wants to chime in.
And congrats to the current round of owners of the Prems and Pros. The game is phenomenal. Flip away!

What does a band do with 250 pinball
Machines?

#13502 10 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

only made 500 IMND LE’s and 250 of them went to the band. !

Yeah I doubt that. If the band did want to spend over a million dollars on pinball machines (spoiler they probaly don't!), why wouldn't Stern have just done a bigger run. Do you have any source?

The reason for the lower number of pinsider owners / pinside reviewers, is what I put in #13493. Pinside didn't track LEs.

#13503 10 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Check the solder connection on top flipper coil.
it Likely heated and came loose.disconnected.
You may need to resolder it.

Thanks, I just tested again by putting a voltmeter on the coil so I could see if it was getting a signal during the coil diag test and the flipper started working again.

#13504 10 months ago
Quoted from erockyoulikea:

I've noticed some of my Sterns dimple and others don't. I've had GB for 7 years and there's not a mark on the playfield but my AC/DC, DP, and Rush show a ton of dimples and I've just come to live with it. I like the idea of playfield protectors but I don't have the patience to take my playfields apart and also I've heard it could impact game play. Anyway, where did you get your lollipop rails and how difficult are they to install? Your other mods are very nice - did/can you post what you installed and where you got them?

I purchased the lolipop rails, Flipper Fidelity Speakers, and trough protector from Pinball Life. They are only 30 minutes from me so I can order and pick up the same day which is nice. Purchased the art blades from the dealer I purchased the game from (Hemispheres). I ordered the external subwoofer adapter from Pinnovators and received that today. Hooked up an old Polk Audio PSW300 sub I had in the basement and the floor is shaking now!

Next upgrades will be speaker lighting and some playfield mods. Neca Piece of Mind and McFarlane Trooper have been ordered! At some point, I will likely add the spitfire mod.

#13505 10 months ago

I believe it was 50 LE’s for the fan club members to buy.
I could be wrong though.

#13506 10 months ago

Had my pro a few weeks now and love it to death ; I got 2 Tibetan zen breeze fans from PinMonk is that worth installing on the two main flippers?

Do the other 2 flippers need cooling fans also or the main 2 should suffice ?

Also I’m not sure what product do I get for the extra flippers is anyone have experience with the Tibetan breeze zen flippers for spike 2;

I want to cool the Iron Maiden upper right standard flipper and my extra Godzilla standard flipper; technically If I buy a 2 pack of Tibetan zen breeze fans they should work on the aforementioned flippers?(1 for each game)

As far as the iron maiden mini uppers left flipper pretty sure it’s a different fan than the standard zen coolers ? I contacted pin monk too for advice on that mini Iron Maiden flipper;

I got the fans cause I’m addicted and play my IMDN and GZ for super long sessions.

From my understanding coils will get hot because the leafs are connected for the IMdN flippers might as well keep them all cool or not needed on all 4?

Thank you for the help if anyone know I appreciate it .

I lack experience and am clueless if it’s worth while to add more fans other than the two main flippers.

#13507 10 months ago

I've noticed some of my Sterns dimple and others don't. I've had GB for 7 years and there's not a mark on the playfield but my AC/DC, DP, and Rush show a ton of dimples and I've just come to live with it. I like the idea of playfield protectors but I don't have the patience to take my playfields apart and also I've heard it could impact game play. Anyway, where did you get your lollipop rails and how difficult are they to install? Your other mods are very nice - did/can you post what you installed and where you got them?

Same with my Godzilla LE...covered with dimples...meh.

#13508 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Iron Maiden is better than foo fighters and I’ll die on that hill.

A month ago, I might have disagreed with you. My plan was to buy IMDN to tide me over until the next run of FF and then swap out. Now…IMDN is staying put and FF is very much on the back burner.

#13509 10 months ago

Since getting my Maiden premium last week, the loud fan was driving me nuts as the machine is in the same room where we watch TV. I picked up the Pin Monk quiet fan and installed it this afternoon. What a difference! I don't hear anything now....just hope it's actually working .

#13510 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Had my pro a few weeks now and love it to death ; I got 2 Tibetan zen breeze fans from PinMonk is that worth installing on the two main flippers?
Also I’m not sure what product do I get for the extra flippers is anyone have experience with the Tibetan breeze zen flippers for spike 2;
I want to cool the Iron Maiden upper right standard flipper and my extra Godzilla standard flipper; technically If I buy a 2 pack of Tibetan zen breeze fans they should work on the aforementioned flippers?(1 for each game)
As far as the iron maiden mini uppers left flipper pretty sure it’s a different fan than the standard zen coolers ? I contacted pin monk too for advice on that mini Iron Maiden flipper;
I got the fans cause I’m addicted and play my IMDN and GZ for super long sessions.
From my understanding coils will get hot because the leafs are connected for the IMdN flippers might as well keep them all cool or not needed on all 4?
Thank you for the help if anyone know I appreciate it .
I lack experience and am clueless if it’s worth while to add more fans other than the two main flippers.

Ordered my kit this week. I was told only the 3 regular size flippers need the fans. The smaller flipper doesn't get hot enough and doesn't neet a fan.

#13511 10 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

Since getting my Maiden premium last week, the loud fan was driving me nuts as the machine is in the same room where we watch TV. I picked up the Pin Monk quiet fan and installed it this afternoon. What a difference! I don't hear anything now....just hope it's actually working .

Did You do the paper towel test ?

#13512 10 months ago
Quoted from Pac:

Ordered my kit this week. I was told only the 3 regular size flippers need the fans. The smaller flipper doesn't get hot enough and doesn't neet a fan.

Ok thanks; so the regular tibetan breeze spike 2 standard fan will work on the auxiliary(3rd flipper) standard flippers on GZ and IMDN..?
i wasnt sure about the mini flipper but wouldn't that coil get hot too since it gets fire every time the left flipper is fired?

Ill see what pin monk says about the mini flipper...BUt you may be right it may not need cooling.. appreciate the feedback

#13513 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Yeah I doubt that. If the band did want to spend over a million dollars on pinball machines (spoiler they probaly don't!), why wouldn't Stern have just done a bigger run. Do you have any source?
The reason for the lower number of pinsider owners / pinside reviewers, is what I put in #13493. Pinside didn't track LEs.

Ah I got my numbers flipped. Maybe only 250 stayed in the US. When game came out it was said the band received a large portion of LE’s. But thinking again it was likely a rumor and was never confirmed how many or what “large” was if true.

#13514 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Did You do the paper towel test ?

Stupid question, but does the fan blow into the power supply or away from the power supply? I did double check and confirm the fan label is facing upwards and can be seen as you look into the PS. I'll try the paper towel test tomorrow. Thanks.

#13515 10 months ago
Quoted from Arcadecrazy:

Yea it did take a while and alot of patience. the project started very easy just unscrew all the plastics save the hardware and spacers. I realized that the spacers will not snap into the new back box and were impossible for me to feed behind and push a long bolt through so i ended up removing it and using a touch of super glue to hold all the spacers in so it could be properly mounted. once it was installed i had problems with anubis the ramp diverter had to be adjusted and also the very top of the pinball cabinet support I had to dremil some wood. perhaps stern has changed the thickness off the support also had to take out a small amount for the left torch that was making contact as well over all i would say its one of the nicest mods i have ever installed just a little more on the difficult side just need patience and you can get through it.

Thanks for the overview. I plan on getting it and was just curious as to the effort. This is good information to have going in. Thank you!

#13516 10 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Thanks for the overview. I plan on getting it and was just curious as to the effort. This is good information to have going in. Thank you!

Nice I highly recommend it changes the whole look under glass

#13517 10 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Iron Maiden is better than foo fighters and I’ll die on that hill.

Ya I played the LE on location yesterday after playing the pro about 4 different times. Love the band and deadflip but I just can’t get into it. I had more fun playing on the TMNT. Put about 10 games on the Maiden premium on location. Mine should be here next week I know I made the right call.

#13518 10 months ago
Quoted from k_kush:

Stupid question, but does the fan blow into the power supply or away from the power supply? I did double check and confirm the fan label is facing upwards and can be seen as you look into the PS. I'll try the paper towel test tomorrow. Thanks.

It will blow the paper off not suck it in

#13519 10 months ago

Thanks, I just tested again by putting a voltmeter on the coil so I could see if it was getting a signal during the coil diag test and the flipper started working again.

Sounds like you might have a cold solder joint. I'd reflow the solder going to that coil.

Quoted from k_kush:

It will blow out to remove the heat from the power supply.

#13520 10 months ago

HD Glass - it’s a must-have - I just can’t play a game without it anymore…

IMG_1367 (resized).jpegIMG_1367 (resized).jpeg
#13521 10 months ago

…And poor Eddie just got his chains

IMG_1364 (resized).jpegIMG_1364 (resized).jpeg
#13522 10 months ago

Just joined the premium owner's club. Bought it because of it being a great shooter and a great Elwin game in spite of not being a fan of Iron Maiden. Would like to explore how/whether to replace the music. I know there have been options before (e.g. Disco Maiden), but I don't know if there is a current easy option (I am not someone who would feel comfortable doing this myself) that anyone has out there. Appreciate in advance the input of the community.

#13523 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Just joined the premium owner's club. Bought it because of it being a great shooter and a great Elwin game in spite of not being a fan of Iron Maiden. Would like to explore how/whether to replace the music. I know there have been options before (e.g. Disco Maiden), but I don't know if there is a current easy option (I am not someone who would feel comfortable doing this myself) that anyone has out there. Appreciate in advance the input of the community.

POMC I think has a thread relating to this ,search for it or PM him maybe

#13525 10 months ago

A thank you to all the Pinsiders that posted pics of the Pinball Life Premium Pharaoh ramp on their Pros. Such a cheep and pretty upgrade. Three screws and done.

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-maiden-pharaoh-center-ramp.html

IMG_7648 (resized).jpegIMG_7648 (resized).jpeg
#13526 10 months ago

I like what Checkos doing with the topper ,so I’ll find somewhere to fit this in . Might be too big for the playfield but we’ll see .It’s a great piece either way and if it has to go on the shelf so be it .I got the Number of the Beast as Piece of Mind is already represented with a mold .Anyone hear of Knuckle Bonz ? If you’re into metal , check out the site they make killer figures .Up the Irons !

IMG_7346 (resized).pngIMG_7346 (resized).pngIMG_7347 (resized).pngIMG_7347 (resized).png
#13527 10 months ago

Just ordered , 4th of a July sale

#13528 10 months ago

8 inches tall .

IMG_7343 (resized).pngIMG_7343 (resized).png
#13529 10 months ago

Joined the club today !! And damn this game is sick awesome !!

IMG_3227 (resized).jpegIMG_3227 (resized).jpeg
#13530 10 months ago

One question please . Ball is getting stuck here . Has to ball search for door to lift and release .
What do I check for that first ?
Thanks !

IMG_3228 (resized).jpegIMG_3228 (resized).jpegIMG_3229 (resized).jpegIMG_3229 (resized).jpeg
#13531 10 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:One question please . Ball is getting stuck here . Has to ball search for door to lift and release .
Thanks !
[quoted image][quoted image]

Micro switch in that tunnel. Pull the playfield out, put it in switch test mode, and reach around behind the backboard and hit that switch under the tunnel with your finger. See if it registers. If it does seem if it feels smooth and is consistent. Can raise the anubus in game specific tests first and then manually roll a ball in there in switch test and see if it's working.

#13532 10 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

One question please . Ball is getting stuck here . Has to ball search for door to lift and release .
Thanks !
[quoted image][quoted image]

You can bend the bracket behind the plastic just bend slow .I did with mine anyway .You can try unscrewing and re seating it first though .

#13533 10 months ago

My bad I thought it just needed adjusting .

#13534 10 months ago

I had one of the coolest shots I ever hit in pinball 2 nights ago . The end of Aces high and I had a floater rising dead center of the ramp ,when I said “Fuck It” and let the cradled ball loose off the left flipper (was waiting for it to clear to nail the Ace ) and let er rip !! Bingo ,knocked the floater straight up the ramp to smoke the Ace . Yes , it moved

#13535 10 months ago

Premium finally came in box had two suspicious holes, but luckily no damage. Just need someone to buy my pro now to make some room.

20230630_233326 (resized).jpg20230630_233326 (resized).jpgIMG_0025 (resized).jpgIMG_0025 (resized).jpgIMG_0026 (resized).jpgIMG_0026 (resized).jpg
#13536 10 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

If you play Maiden for long sessions, it will benefit from having the bottom two flippers cooled. I never noticed any fade on either of the top two flippers, but Maiden was one of the earliest pins I tested flipper temps on, so I didn't actually put a probe on the upper flipper(s) to get realtime play temps. I have Maiden Premium in-house again (arrived today!) to modify the 3D Anubis so it will fit again after whatever Stern did in 2021 to make it not work anymore. I also plan on doing a 4 flipper longer flipper temp test for 2 hours to get a more detailed record of coil temps over time on Maiden. For now, though, here's the original temp test graph.

Iron Maiden (orig) (resized).jpgIron Maiden (orig) (resized).jpg

#13537 10 months ago

Man, I am *rusty* at this game. Thought I'd jump right back in to 800 million scores again. Nope. Gonna have to remember some stuff.

Also, I keep tapping for the action button that isn't there. Almost crazy enough to put one on this new Prem like I did on the last one. The game supports it for starting, ball launch, and high score entry. Stern was just too cheap to give you one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-how-to-add-a-working-lockdown-bar-button

We'll see how much it bugs me over time...

#13538 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Man, I am *rusty* at this game. Thought I'd jump right back in to 800 million scores again. Nope. Gonna have to remember some stuff.
Also, I keep tapping for the action button that isn't there. Almost crazy enough to put one on this new Prem like I did on the last one. The game supports it for starting, ball launch, and high score entry. Stern was just too cheap to give you one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-how-to-add-a-working-lockdown-bar-button
We'll see how much it bugs me over time...

This is a great idea and I’m totally in!!! Only question I have is; are the screws included with the brackets for the leaf switch & led to connect to the lockdown enclosure & parts? If not I’ll disassemble one of my other ones and get the correct sizes.

#13539 10 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

This is a great idea and I’m totally in!!! Only question I have is; are the screws included with the brackets for the leaf switch & led to connect to the lockdown enclosure & parts? If not I’ll disassemble one of my other ones and get the correct sizes.

It's been a while since I did it, but I believe I just picked up some screws at the hardware store to mount those.

#13540 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's been a while since I did it, but I believe I just picked up some screws at the hardware store to mount those.

Been too lazy to find out build the harness. Everything else is there and ready to be plugged in. I should do it soon to make it feel more "complete"

#13541 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gotcha. I’m pretty sure they’re all 6-32 but the length is the question.
Thanks for the clarification!!!

#13542 10 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Gotcha. I’m pretty sure they’re all 6-32 but the length is the question.
Thanks for the clarification!!!

Yeah, I probably just grabbed the screws off another Stern with an action button and used those to pick up parts to mount the RGB board and leaf switch. Stern's skimpy manual doesn't document the parts in that area. The one thing you want to make SURE you have on hand is fish paper to insulate the back of the RGB board from the metal of the receiver bracket it mounts to under the button.

#13543 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I probably just grabbed the screws off another Stern with an action button and used those to pick up parts to mount the RGB board and leaf switch. Stern's skimpy manual doesn't document the parts in that area. The one thing you want to make SURE you have on hand is fish paper to insulate the back of the RGB board from the metal of the receiver bracket it mounts to under the button.

Yeah, Not looking for any shorts thats for sure. I was able to track it all down between PBL & Marco.
The only REAL issue now is that no one makes a magnetic button surround for IMDN to match all the others I have!!

#13544 10 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Micro switch in that tunnel

Found it ! Yeah the switch is not responding . Wires seems connected well. Replace the switch ?

Thanks !!!

#13545 10 months ago

Meanwhile I have to keep playing . Game is soooo good !!!

IMG_3236 (resized).jpegIMG_3236 (resized).jpeg
#13546 10 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Found it ! Yeah the switch is not responding . Wires seems connected well. Replace the switch ?
Thanks !!!

The switch is just a tiny button really the metal part is an arm. Push right where the tiny square button is. Or pull the arm up. Likely the metal just needs bending. Or there's a wiring fault. Those switches don't often fail

#13547 10 months ago

Well I traced the wires and unplugged them and when I reconnect the switch pings . But only then . I have wiggled and played with the actual switch and get no reaction.

#13548 10 months ago

I know this Trooper figure mod has been done/posted a bazillion times, but posting anyway because I just think it is awesome! Really fills in that back left playfield. Also ordered the Neca Piece of Mind Eddie too and will replace the Stern PoM Eddie. Then I think I'm done for a while with the mods (speaker lights are on order but will take 2-3 weeks). Really getting the game dialed in and both captive balls seem to be working better now after adjusting the leaf switches. Happy 4th to everyone. Up the Irons!

IMG_2328 (resized).jpegIMG_2328 (resized).jpeg

#13550 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you play Maiden for long sessions, it will benefit from having the bottom two flippers cooled. I never noticed any fade on either of the top two flippers, but Maiden was one of the earliest pins I tested flipper temps on, so I didn't actually put a probe on the upper flipper(s) to get realtime play temps. I have Maiden Premium in-house again (arrived today!) to modify the 3D Anubis so it will fit again after whatever Stern did in 2021 to make it not work anymore. I also plan on doing a 4 flipper longer flipper temp test for 2 hours to get a more detailed record of coil temps over time on Maiden. For now, though, here's the original temp test graph.
[quoted image]

I’ve been playing real long games and your fans are up on my list

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Botkins, OH
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 320.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/up-the-irons-the-iron-maiden-pinball-official-owners-club/page/271 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.