9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by McPin54
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image3 (resized).png
    pasted_image0 (resized).png
    pasted_image1 (resized).png
    20230902_192625 (resized).jpg
    #1 9 months ago

Looking for an equivalent for a CS60N10 transistor for an after market fliptronics board.

Thank you

20230902_192625 (resized).jpg20230902_192625 (resized).jpg
    #2 9 months ago

That part is is rated at 100V 60A

It is a low gate voltage device meaning it can be directly driven by TTL logic.

I would think a suitable replacement would be an IRL540N which is rated at 100V 36A but I doubt there is anything driven by a fliptronics board that needs more current than an IRL540N can handle.

pasted_image0 (resized).pngpasted_image0 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).png
    #3 9 months ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

That part is is rated at 100V 60A
    It is a low gate voltage device meaning it can be directly driven by TTL logic.
    I would think a suitable replacement would be an IRL540N which is rated at 100V 36A but I doubt there is anything driven by a fliptronics board that needs more current than an IRL540N can handle.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thank you for the help!

#4 9 months ago

Decoding generic mosfet part number... First two numbers are amps, middle letter is the type (N or P) and the last numbers voltage. 60N10 is 60amp N Channel 100v. 40P06 would be 40a P channel 60v. When there is an L on the end the gate thresh hold is usually around 1-2v so a 74LS chip can fully turn it on an N channel gate. Something tells me a replacement fliptronic board is using a 74HC574 or similar that swings 0v to 5v so the gate threshold probably doesn't matter much here unless the RC gate time is long.

IRL540 is rated at almost half of that part current rating, should be good enough still.

https://www.lcsc.com/product-detail/MOSFETs_Minos-MPG60N10P_C5452756.html

#5 9 months ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Decoding generic mosfet part number... First two numbers are amps, middle letter is the type (N or P) and the last numbers voltage. 60N10 is 60amp N Channel 100v. 40P06 would be 40a P channel 60v. When there is an L on the end the gate thresh hold is usually around 1-2v so a 74LS chip can fully turn it on an N channel gate. Something tells me a replacement fliptronic board is using a 74HC574 or similar that swings 0v to 5v so the gate threshold probably doesn't matter much here unless the RC gate time is long.
    IRL540 is rated at almost half of that part current rating, should be good enough still.
    https://www.lcsc.com/product-detail/MOSFETs_Minos-MPG60N10P_C5452756.html

Thank you, much appreciated

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transistor-equivalent-cs60n10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.