Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 193 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Skatewake
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_20220325_163257 (resized).jpeg
    0CF94664-B790-4AD3-B09D-BD904DE88256 (resized).jpeg
    CA743430-9E65-44BB-A85E-004715151052 (resized).jpeg
    88B9A08F-42DD-4DD7-BB30-4985D0020E31 (resized).jpeg
    C98BDB29-FE81-424B-AA17-7C6DA365C820 (resized).jpeg
    C3E511C4-FF37-4496-A1A4-3D7E0C0B3CA2 (resized).jpeg
    C732D151-FE7F-432F-BCA1-55B530C42423 (resized).png
    PXL_20220130_015313381.MP (resized).jpg
    90556675_968702210211781_7295754005324496896_n (resized).jpg
    bavarian (resized).jpg
    EDA78ABF-6E4E-4464-9D66-2688D01BB6CA (resized).jpeg
    85A448AE-AC59-4094-8D49-82E88FC42D87 (resized).jpeg
    There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 2 years ago

I've decided to make TPFs my first show since the pandemic began, and also my first show that I've traveled to. It looks like a stacked lineup of industry attendees, including Steve and Mark Ritchie, Scott Danesi, Jack Guarnieri, Chris Franchi, and Barry Oursler. I am so ready to get back to a show and looking forward to meeting a lot of people in person. I figure if I'm going to hop on a plane, than this is the show to do it for. Who else is going?

#2 2 years ago

Don't know yet.

Great show. You'll have a lot of fun.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Been to dozens of shows all over, TPF is now better than most. Make sure you seek out all the one-off modded games people bring to it, too!

#4 2 years ago

Pass.

#5 2 years ago

Passing as well. will get there some year for sure.

#8 2 years ago

I’m in - looking forward to seeing everyone again.

#9 2 years ago

If it's not cancelled this year I will be there! I've only been to 4 different pinball shows and TPF is by far the best one to me if you just want to play a lot of different games. The seminars and guests that they have are always really good, too.

#10 2 years ago

In! Why? Because I like to go out of my way, fly halfway across country, pay for hotel, pay for Uber(s), and drink too much while playing pinballs I probably already own.

#11 2 years ago

I’ll be there. Not sure what days yet though.

#12 2 years ago

I’ll be there. Might bring an EM.

#13 2 years ago

HELL YES!

#14 2 years ago

Someday.

But I hope to attend golden state pinball festival in ca if at all possible. No planes this year.

#15 2 years ago

I’ll be there. Look for the drunk guy wearing a sombrero.

#16 2 years ago

Booked and bringing games!

#17 2 years ago

Yes

#18 2 years ago

I have carryover passes.....but I may not be attending, because frankly, I just can't risk missing even a single day of work right now, and I'm not sure if that changes before or after TPF. I have to look that up.

I already forfeited my tournament carryover slot so that someone that actually gives a damn about chasing the magical IFPA unicorn can do so.

#19 2 years ago

I’ll probably be in tie dye.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I have carryover passes.

I do also and have decided to let Ed keep the money. Lord knows he and the team deserve it after what they've gone through lately.

I'll certainly miss seeing friends I only see at shows, but the thrill of a pinball show is gone for me. Maybe I've been to too many or maybe my interest in pinball is lessening.

If it were less than a couple hour drive, I'd go for a day for sure. Best show, hands down!

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Booked and bringing games!

Nevus What are you bringing?

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I do also and have decided to let Ed keep the money. Lord knows he and the team deserve it after what they've gone through lately.
    I'll certainly miss seeing friends I only see at shows, but the thrill of a pinball show is gone for me. Maybe I've been to too many or maybe my interest in pinball is lessening.
    If it were less than a couple hour drive, I'd go for a day for sure. Best show, hands down!

I mean...it's been out of my hands for 2 years at this point. It's absolutely not about the money and if I don't go, I'm not going to ask for a refund. Honestly....90% of my time at prior TPFs has been spent in the tournament area or fixing my own games I brought...so I'm not even entirely sure what the heck I would be doing there unless I ended up taking a game...plans 2 years ago was to spend as little time in the tournament as possible, and then be able to enjoy things without having to worry about unloading and setting up a game, fixing the game during the show, and moving it back home...it's a lot, and even if I wanted to spend the money on the hotel (I don't. I really really don't want to spend 400-600 bucks just to have easy access to alcohol...) I wasn't able to get a room when the block opened anyways. I live about 25 miles away... driving is easy, and cheap.

But I hear ya on the "thrill is gone" part. Ultraman and Godzilla are the only games I currently have any personal interest in, I'm down to 1 game of my own at home, and have no plans to really get more other than Ultraman. Tired of working on games. I'll still play competitive pinball just because it's fun to learn from other people, but....I'm basically done with pinball at the point that Ultraman shows up. *cue cheering from 95% of Pinside* I've really rediscovered just how much I like PC and console gaming, and the price point of such versus pinball just really cannot be argued in any sane way.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You will be missed.
    I love seeing everyone and walking through the games, playing those few special ones that may have missed appreciating somewhere along my pinball journey.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

Nevus What are you bringing?

Astro and Centigrade 37

85A448AE-AC59-4094-8D49-82E88FC42D87 (resized).jpeg85A448AE-AC59-4094-8D49-82E88FC42D87 (resized).jpeg
    #25 2 years ago

I’ll be there with a game or two. Don’t know which ones yet.

#26 2 years ago

I'm looking for a Doodle Bug, just in case anyone here might bring one. There was one at TPF '19, but I didn't have room for a pinball in '19.

I might bring Hi-Hand or Happy Clown.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’ll be there. Look for the drunk guy wearing a sombrero.

There’s two of us out there???

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

There’s two of us out there???

Yes but I will also be on a burro.

#29 2 years ago

Planning on going and thinking about bringing a game or 2. I've never been so I'm looking forward to finally going!

#30 2 years ago

Will be attending with the ATL Pinpals club!

#31 2 years ago

I’ll be going.
    Most likely flying, so not bringing games unless I can convince some of the homies to do a road trip.

#32 2 years ago

I'll be there. Sorry about that.

#33 2 years ago

looking forward to it

#34 2 years ago

Whole trip is booked, can't wait!

#35 2 years ago

You can also submit that you're going on the Events page.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/events/texas-pinball-festival-2022

#36 2 years ago

I will not be attending.

I really want to go, but Covid concerns make it a tough choice for me.

#37 2 years ago

I've done Pinfest and Pintastic. I have no worries. Mask up, wash your hands frequently, don't pick your nose, and don't play spin the bottle and you should be fine.

#38 2 years ago

It is one of the best shows for sure. I am on the fence this year, but have been to TPF I think 4 times maybe 5. You will not be dissapointed.

#39 2 years ago

I have hotel booked, carryover passes and will most likely bring 1 or 2 games if all goes well. Lots of variables between now and then but I’m optimistic. I also have a bunch of parts I’d like to part with at the swap meet.

#40 2 years ago

Wish i was coming. But it seems the stars didn't align yet again. Maybe next year.

#42 2 years ago

went in 2018, debating it, but long haul for something after 3hrs you have seen everything there is to see. did enjoy the warm weather break.

#43 2 years ago

‍♂️I’ll be there. I decided to skip the Wizards tournament and stick to just the Classics Tournament this year. I’m trying to see and do more at the festival this year. Playing in the Wizards just requires too much commitment and monopolizes your time IMO. Since my family comes down to TPF too, I’ve ended up doing less with them in the past. We’ll see if it makes TPF more enjoyable for me this year.

#44 2 years ago

I'm not a big tournament player, so I'm definitely not in on the Wizards tournament. I might try classics though, it seems more low key. Am I right on that?

#45 2 years ago

Well, it WAS low key back in the "early" days. I actually won the classics tourney (twice), but that was in the first few years of the show when it was much smaller.

Though I would love to compete again, I've found that it now means that I miss the entire show just to spend it waiting around for my turn to play.

#46 2 years ago

I’m in the classics. If I’m good enough for it to take all day, well, there’s still Sat & Sun

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I’m in the classics. If I’m good enough for it to take all day, well, there’s still Sat & Sun

Good luck, I hope it takes all day.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from n1teowl:

Good luck, I hope it takes all day.

Thank you very much.

#49 2 years ago

I am planning on going. My wife and I just got back from the Dallas area tonight after helping our daughter find an apartment in Frisco. So. bonus ... family visit and pinball. =)

#50 2 years ago

I live 10 minutes away so heck yes, I’ll be there!

There are 193 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tpf-2022-who-is-going and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.