Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RJW
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Extra Ball shot on Fish Tales is SUPER easy. Just back hand it from the right hand flipper.

#52 11 years ago

24 bar none..

A-13 and LAH are a bitch also

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from themegabuck:

Atomicboy said:

pfft Popeye by far.
    Ditto what I was going to say. Left outlane only....... Owfojwrnf#%^*%%^.
    Buck

You can get one on the upper PF as well, but it's at the far reach of the left mini flipper, and near impossible to hit, even more impossible to lite. But yeah, otherwise the other extra ball is left drain.

I'm suprised by the LAH comments. The lower right scoop isn't that hard for me. Not to mention it's almost a given it is hit during any MB.

#54 11 years ago

LAH during MB yes, it happens but when deliberaltly trying to make it, not so much for me anyway..

usualy results in a stupid style drain...

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

U can easily backhand the extra ball shot on my FishTales...

Bingo. Once you figure this out, it doesn't get much easier than FT. I used to think it was a tough shot too...and it is...from the left flipper.

#56 11 years ago

I have limited play experience, and before seeing the OP I was thinking FT. You can back hand it but for below average players like me, that's not an "easy" shot. It's also not all that easy to light the shot either. It's the fourth reward, and I'd say more often then not I never even light the extra ball.

#57 11 years ago

I find myself avoiding lighting the boat altogether due to SDTM rebounds, there is a beautiful FT on route locally, I need to work on my backhand!

#58 11 years ago

#59 11 years ago

+1,000,000 on 24 i said it once, and i'm saying it again... 24 !

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from ralfonso:

I have trouble with the EB on SS, but it's probably WH20.

Add the big, fat & bouncy yellow post rubber around it and it does not get easier.

#61 11 years ago

Gottlieb has some 'strange' extra ball shots:

World Challenge Soccer is timed (like it is on otherGottlieb games). The shot itself is ok, but for it's timed, it's not that easy if I remember correctly.
    Stargate: the areais not hard to get the ball to, but it's no direct shot, so you partly rely on luck with the ball exiting the bumpers at the right spot.

#62 11 years ago

+1 on WH20, of all the pins i've played....this shot seems to be the hardest. I usually don't even shoot for it, just wait for MB and usually get it on luck.

#63 11 years ago

FT never could hit it until I finally backhanded it one time.

#64 11 years ago

Out of my pins my vote goes to Stargate.

#65 11 years ago

In my collection, TS is the hardest.

#66 11 years ago

Haunted House. The "extra ball" light will toggle on and of when you hit the pops and kickers. It's hard enough to make the shot even if the light stayed lit.

#67 11 years ago

Yup!
    WH2O is a pain. It can lead to an easy drain if you're not careful or lucky
    I don't seem to have issues with FT.

MM can be a pain too but only due to the flakey Merlin scoop being hit & miss (literally). The actual shot itslef isn't that bad. TZ is a long and tight shot, but also not impossible with practice.

#68 11 years ago

I've hit 1 extra ball on FT since I started this thread. Backhand is definitely much easier. Also hit 3 on DM in one game last night. Even though I got those, I'm starting to think it's the harder of the two, but it is lit much more often so I have more chances to hit it.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

WH20 aint easy but its not hitting the target thats so hard, its making sure you dont lose the ball once you have..

Exactly.

#70 11 years ago

I would say Medusa, as it's a "Timing" shot. First you have to get all 3 Stationary Left side shots "consecutively" Lit (1 then 2 then 3), and then you have to get 3 of the 4 Right side Drop Targets down just to Qualify the "Extra Ball Match Number" to show up in the Digital Counter in the center of the Playfield. There is a 2nd set of "Match To" numbers on the Counter (which are your Match Numbers) that 'cycles' from 0 thru 9. You have to time your shot so that you drop the last Drop target at the same time that Your Number matches the Game's Number (which is different every game). If your off by 1/3 of a second you don't match the numbers, you don't get the Extra Ball & you have to start all over again from the beginning!

#71 11 years ago

TRON EB SHOT IS IMPOSSIBLE - OH WAIT IT DOES NOT EXIST YET

SECOND WH20

Scarred Stiff has a pretty narrow shot up to the deadheads for an extra ball

#72 11 years ago

Shadow... defeat the battlefield then you have to hit the small eb area on the same ball.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

TRON EB SHOT IS IMPOSSIBLE - OH WAIT IT DOES NOT EXIST YET

It's there, just rare.

#74 11 years ago

Also, I think you can add an EB in the Tron menu for X number of left ramps made. Haven't tried it yet, so can't confirm.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Wh20
    Get the extra ball, ya weiner!

+1.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Also, I think you can add an EB in the Tron menu for X number of left ramps made. Haven't tried it yet, so can't confirm.

You can change it to whatever value you want, it still won't award an extra ball.

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/toughest-extra-ball-shot/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.