Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,066 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by BMGfan
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Taurus (resized).jpg
    GUEST_84a4b12b-1ada-4943-a148-5117a2f15c41 (resized).jpeg
    price (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20230921_142723 (resized).jpg
    darts-bulls-eye.gif
    tumblr_a3fac71f429711dbe2e997f112292e70_810c3e78_640.gif
    96679e31-8c06-4b58-9bcb-c4d399790185_text (resized).png
    Matrix2222222.png
    5x5-Risk-Matrix-Sample-1024x585 (resized).png
    68EFAD3A-ACB0-406A-ABB2-A237658AA4B8 (resized).jpeg
    F120BF18-8A54-4A54-B573-169D4E75788A (resized).jpeg
    32C0A536-64F2-4D99-8862-6872C3134BF4 (resized).jpeg
    C7DDC11C-743F-4AE0-A4AC-BBAA50F16AF4 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
    #1051 6 months ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Front wheel drive drag cars are funny.

And dangerous.

I kinda got dragged kicking and screaming into the import scene when I moved to Florida in the early 2000s since it was during the Fast and the Furious JDM craze. I owned a Supra and a FWD Toyota Celica that I did a 3S-GTE turbo engine swap on (Toyota MR2 engine). It was by far the most dangerous vehicle I have ever owned - not the fastest, but the most dangerous by a wide margin . When that 60-1 turbo hit, and trust me when I say it hit hard, one had zero control of what lane it was heading toward when the torque steer took over. It had to go.... I am back to my RWD, American V8s now and don't miss those JDM days in the least.

#1052 6 months ago
    Quoted from Molon_Labe:

And dangerous. I am back to my RWD, American V8s now and don't miss those JDM days in the least.

I hear you! Short wheelbase, RWD cars can be squirrelly too:

#1053 6 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You aren't looking too hard; there are a ton for sale! Yet we haven't seen their prices collapse like we have on GNR...yet!!!!!

It’s coming.

GZ is a great game that I’ve spent a fortune on mods and will never leave. Same with GNR.

The “Uber rich” are dropping these games like a pack of dogs dropping deuces in the park!

Made way too many. Catch that falling knife.

#1054 6 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Catch that falling knife.

Nobody would possibly believe this term could be used for buying pins these last few years. But now, it's 100% spot on.

#1055 6 months ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

Nobody would possibly believe this term could be used for buying pins these last few years. But now, it's 100% spot on.

Pins are starting to resemble custom hot rods - they can make their owners happy, but they rarely make their owners a profit.

#1056 6 months ago
    Quoted from clodpole:

Pins are starting to resemble custom hot rods - they can make their owners happy, but they rarely make their owners a profit.

As it should be and was in the before-times.

#1057 6 months ago

I agree.

Maybe the only people who benefitted from the weird price run-up were the owners of the Banning museum. They sold their business assets at just the right time, as it turned out.

#1058 6 months ago

Only auction pinball auction I watched, and live. It was nuts.

3 weeks later
    #1060 5 months ago

12/11/2023

Spooky Looney Tunes pricing (888 units)*:

Collector’s Edition: $9,699
    Blood Sucker Edition: $8,999
    Standard Edition: $8,299

Direct cabinet print upgrade: $1,499

*source: PinballSTAR marketplace ad

#1061 5 months ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Direct cabinet print upgrade: $1,499

$500 increase from last release

EDIT: sorry it's only 100 up from scooby.
    Halloween 1000, acooby 1400, TCM 1500

#1062 5 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

$500 increase from last release

I struggle to understand how anyone can see the value in this. Yes, it feels and looks cool. But man oh man $1500 is a LOT of money for this. I had a used Halloween CE and a Toy Story CE with it and wouldn't have paid more than $100 for that feature.

3 weeks later
    #1063 4 months ago

Well, January 2024 is looking awfully different from January 2023. I look back and laugh when, in the spring, I mentioned how the market was soft and was snarkily asked "Is this your first spring in the pinball market?" (because everyone knows the spring is slow, you dummy!). And then I mentioned it was even softer in late fall, and was told "Oh, it's the holidays, the market is always soft around this time of year".

It's amazing when people can't recalibrate their thinking and accept that things DO change, that markets change, and what was happening yesterday won't necessarily be happening today or tomorrow. We're in a time that seemed almost unthinkable a couple year ago - there are a TON of games priced way below what we were clamoring to pay just a short while ago. And they're sitting there, unsold. Exciting...and changing...times indeed.

2 months later
    #1064 71 days ago

3/9/2024:
    Pricing for American Pinball’s next pin, Barry O’s Barbecue Challenge:

CE $6,995
    LE $8,495 (100 units)

2 months later
    #1065 2 days ago

American is running a sale on most of their pins. Sweet! Another $500 off and I might be a customer for GTF.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/american-pinball-announces-memorial-day-sale

#1066 2 days ago
    Quoted from arcyallen:

American is running a sale on most of their pins. Sweet! Another $500 off and I might be a customer for GTF.
    https://www.knapparcade.org/post/american-pinball-announces-memorial-day-sale

The crash is here! Hide yo kids! Hide yo pins!

Can I get a Godzilla for 5k now?

There are 1,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-price-discussion-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.