(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,226 posts
  • 248 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 122 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0922 (resized).jpeg
godfather-shrine1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2540 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2539 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2537 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2536 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0648 (resized).jpeg
440202670_10161169564372719_5415606573246611285_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image.png
ballsticking (resized).png
IMG_2311 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2312 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2310 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2309 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,226 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 85.
#3251 4 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey Guys , I picked up a Godfather LE last week. Turn the pin on and everything plays fines. After being on for a little bit it will start throwing up light board errors on every light board. If I turn the pin off then back on it plays fine for a while then starts putting up the error messages again.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Older code had this problem. Are you running the newest code? 1.11

#3252 4 months ago

Looks like new code 1.12 dropped

#3253 4 months ago
IMG_3963 (resized).pngIMG_3963 (resized).png
#3254 4 months ago

Looks like it had 1.11 . I just updated to 1.12. I didn’t check the cables because I figured if something was unplugged it would have given me the error immediately not after playing several games. Hopefully updating the code will fix it.

Quoted from dug:

Older code had this problem. Are you running the newest code? 1.11

#3255 4 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Looks like it had 1.11 . I just updated to 1.12. I didn’t check the cables because I figured if something was unplugged it would have given me the error immediately not after playing several games. Hopefully updating the code will fix it.

I hope it does, but doubtful as 1.12 is just some bug fixes.

There is a big difference between loose connections and unplugged connections. Loose connections (not firmly seated) will cause intermittent issues. It could be as simple as the RJ45 or USB connector not being firmly seated.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted out.

#3257 4 months ago

FYI... The newest Beta is essentially V1.12 so if you are on the latest Beta, there is no need to update to this.

#3258 4 months ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey Guys , I picked up a Godfather LE last week. Turn the pin on and everything plays fines. After being on for a little bit it will start throwing up light board errors on every light board. If I turn the pin off then back on it plays fine for a while then starts putting up the error messages again.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loose ATX power connection behind monitor under the motherboard.

#3259 4 months ago

Thanks I will go check.

Quoted from zaphX:

Loose ATX power connection behind monitor under the motherboard.

#3260 4 months ago

New update is pretty cool, the new sound on skill shot ( i wish it would alternate from a few different sounds but not a big deal) and the little animation for the l'hai scampata is cool... I thought it was a new video file, but it's a led animation.

Looks like the soldier count going down during a ball lock / favor animation has been fixed. They just gotta fix the weapon multiplier now as that still goes down even after a ball lock

#3261 4 months ago

I am really struggling to understand how the weapons and playfield multiplier work in this game. I have read a few sources online which only seem to confuse me more. Does anyone have a clear source or can anyone clearly explain how the multipliers work? I feel stupid asking this but I'm just not getting it for some reason. When I'm playing I see the weapons light up with the spinner but not the playfield multiplier lights below the weapons. Are these seperate multipliers? Also is there a timer timer on screen and does the timer stop when you enter a video clip? etc.. etc..?

#3262 4 months ago
Quoted from falcon950:

I am really struggling to understand how the weapons and playfield multiplier work in this game. I have read a few sources online which only seem to confuse me more. Does anyone have a clear source or can anyone clearly explain how the multipliers work? I feel stupid asking this but I'm just not getting it for some reason. When I'm playing I see the weapons light up with the spinner but not the playfield multiplier lights below the weapons. Are these seperate multipliers? Also is there a timer timer on screen and does the timer stop when you enter a video clip? etc.. etc..?

You light the multipliers by hitting the spinners.

Then you activate the multipliers by hitting the action button x times (for how many indicators you have lit)

The max multiplier value goes up by one after you have used the multiplier (and your playfield x ends).

So if you want to get to the 10x multiplier, you have to use all the max multipliers before then.

I have found it best to use the playfield multiplier as soon as you reach the max every single time so you can get to the 10x later in the game.

#3263 4 months ago

I always use the multiplier in mulitball and espically before cashing out modes. However... I am a bad person to ask. I have only every had one game with a way higher score than the rest. I guess I got lucky!

#3264 4 months ago

Installed 1.12 (from 1.10) and I have to say, the changes are definitely noticeable. I feel like I have noticed new video, callouts, sfx, music and lighting. I like the skillshot gunfire sound. The lighting is just jaw dropping..

I am happy to see the code is still being supported especially giving us updates only a few weeks apart. KTR may truly be arriving in 2024. The code is really starting to feel more polished now.

I don't know if anyone from JJP ever reads this thread but I think it is important to let them know that we recognize the efforts and appreciate the updates!

#3265 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I don't know if anyone from JJP ever reads this thread but I think it is important to let them know that we recognize the efforts and appreciate the updates!

They 100% do.

Fact

#3266 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Installed 1.12 (from 1.10) and I have to say, the changes are definitely noticeable. I feel like I have noticed new video, callouts, sfx, music and lighting. I like the skillshot gunfire sound. The lighting is just jaw dropping..

I am happy to see the code is still being supported especially giving us updates only a few weeks apart. KTR may truly be arriving in 2024. The code is really starting to feel more polished now.

Has anyone confirmed that Kiss the Ring is still not available? Maybe they just silently patched the bug that prevented starting it?

#3267 4 months ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Has anyone confirmed that Kiss the Ring is still not available? Maybe they just silently patched the bug that prevented starting it?

I'm sure you could always pull the glass and find out if you really wanted to know.

#3268 4 months ago

Last time i paid attention KTR still didnt have a place to GC (mode) score on the “credits”

Ill pay attention tonight.

#3269 4 months ago

It's not in the game. Hopefully soon...

#3270 4 months ago

What would really be amazing is if KTR is amazing! Then the wait will be worth it IMO but that has yet to be seen. Some wizard modes can be pretty incredible and epic, hopefully this will be one of them!! I always love it when you complete a mode, the machine goes dead and has some big payoff...

#3271 4 months ago

So what MODs have people been doing to their GF? Let's see some pics!! I enjoy seeing what others have done.

One that stands out to me is from vic_vp with his side topper (low ceiling) mod. That is pretty radical and came out awesome (not to mention gets the job done).

I've posted all of mine as I completed them and unless asked I won't post duplicates. Modding my games is one of the best areas of enjoyment for me... In my book there is no such thing as overkill. Make your machine your own (1/1) and let the creativity flow (I know it is not for everyone). I've got a nice GF mod in the works that I know will be controversial (lol) but I think will be pretty cool overall.

#3272 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

So what MODs have people been doing to their GF? Let's see some pics!! I enjoy seeing what others have done.

One that stands out to me is from vic_vp with his side topper (low ceiling) mod. That is pretty radical and came out awesome (not to mention gets the job done).

I've posted all of mine as I completed them and unless asked I won't post duplicates. Modding my games is one of the best areas of enjoyment for me... In my book there is no such thing as overkill. Make your machine your own (1/1) and let the creativity flow (I know it is not for everyone). I've got a nice GF mod in the works that I know will be controversial (lol) but I think will be pretty cool overall.

Thanks my guy I forever love my gunner mod

I do need / want to make something to the right of the Gangster. That plastic ledge is calling for something!
I've seen the suitcase which is cool but I kinda wanna dabble into a mini lcd screen showing movie clips... the only other thing I could think of is something bullet related.. almost like an animated thing if bullets bouncing around when the gunner is shooting

#3273 4 months ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

I kinda wanna dabble into a mini lcd screen showing movie clips... the only other thing I could think of is something bullet related.. almost like an animated thing if bullets bouncing around when the gunner is shooting

When you see my next mod you are going to laugh! Somehow you have psychic abilities! lol

#3274 4 months ago

I am getting an error code for switch 108 “under subway entry” stuck closed. Any thoughts on where this switch is and how to fix it? It seems to be in a hard to access location. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#3275 4 months ago
Quoted from Docray1:

Any thoughts on where this switch is and how to fix it?

Page 155 and 156 in the manual.

Tests - Switches - Martixed, see if it works with finger or ball.

LTG : )

#3276 4 months ago

It does not seem to do anything passing a ball back there.

#3277 4 months ago
Quoted from Docray1:

It does not seem to do anything passing a ball back there.

Needs fixin.

If optos be sure they are lined up, clean, not popped out of what they are pressed into. If micro mini switch, check for broken wire or adjustment. If sensor try reseating it's connector.

#3278 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Needs fixin.
If optos be sure they are lined up, clean, not popped out of what they are pressed into. If micro mini switch, check for broken wire or adjustment. If sensor try reseating it's connector.

My problem is that I literally don’t know where that switch is. It must be underneath a ramp, at least that’s what’s suggested in the manual.

#3279 4 months ago
Quoted from Docray1:

My problem is that I literally don’t know where that switch is.

Wire colors in the manual. Find them, follow them.

Or open a ticket at jjp and ask for help.

#3280 4 months ago
Quoted from Docray1:

I am getting an error code for switch 108 “under subway entry” stuck closed. Any thoughts on where this switch is and how to fix it? It seems to be in a hard to access location. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Pretty sure thats the up down rail used for the rear entrance to the Hideout

Pull the playfield out move that rail up & down.

IMG_2996 (resized).jpegIMG_2996 (resized).jpeg
#3281 4 months ago
Quoted from Docray1:

I'll possibly grab a photo of this tomorrow.
Pull your playfield out... don't put it vertical... right behind the Gangster / the rear of the playfield you'll see a squareish opening you can put your fingers into. It's an optical sensor. You'll be able to actually see the sensor in the rear. Pass your finger in front of it by putting finger in the Squarish opening. Should clear your error.
Be in the matrix switch test as well while doing this. The switch will go from red to clear / not colored

#3282 4 months ago

For those that own both Wonka and GF, or have owned in the past, how does this compare to Wonka? If you had to keep just one which would you and why?

#3283 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For those that own both Wonka and GF, or have owned in the past, how does this compare to Wonka? If you had to keep just one which would you and why?

I had both CE models, I sold Wonka and still own gf. Gf is a much more difficult/ deep game.
Once you finish Wonka I think it loose a lots of interest( at least to be)
They are both very pretty game

#3284 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I love Eric’s games but Wonka has stood the test of time for us.

#3285 4 months ago

One thing I've learned from this video is that I'm apparently not alone in dealing with cruel drains on Godfather.

#3286 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

One thing I've learned from this video is that I'm apparently not alone in dealing with cruel drains on Godfather.

I use to think EHOH was an easy game and for the most part, it still is but they started shipping them with the lanes all the way open... That changes a lot!

#3287 4 months ago

Yeah this game can be a b1tch. This is why I set my game to 5 balls.

Bad Guy release STDM (newer code helps with this buy spinning the disc before release but not 100% eliminated). 5 sec ball save would help lots.

Weak shot on the right ramp, STDM when falling backwards. Same with some missed loop shot/hideout shots. I hear some bump flipper power a bit.

Left spinner out the right spinner, STDM. Game builder told me to bend the metal on the side to the left, directing the ball to the left flipper. Helps a lot.

Left and right outlanes are in the natural path of many shots/rebounds. Lots of nudging and catch play needed otherwise traps.

oh yeah almost forgot the STDM coming down the left lane (if you miss it with the upper flipper)

#3288 4 months ago

Just watched that drain monster vid and I gotta say im not having those problems at all but if I was I’d adjust the sling shot power either turn it down or up fine adjustments make a world of difference

#3289 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I use to think EHOH was an easy game and for the most part, it still is but they started shipping them with the lanes all the way open... That changes a lot!

I'm a mediocre player at best and usually reset the outlane posts to the least open positions on my games (including Godfather). This reduces outlane drains I'm sure, but I still seem to get my share.

Even on Elvira HOH.

Quoted from Laithan:

... Bad Guy release STDM (newer code helps with this buy spinning the disc before release but not 100% eliminated). 5 sec ball save would help lots. ...

I agree that a ball save added to the code is needed for the SDTM drops from the gangster. I get screwed SDTM on right ramp shots too. I could avoid these if I'd remember to activate the upper left flipper to deflect the ball, but the shot always happens so fast that I never do.

Quoted from Delta9:

Just watched that drain monster vid and I gotta say im not have those problems at all but if I was I’d adjust the sling shot power either turn it down or up fine adjustments make a world of difference

Yep - I need to finish fine tuning my Godfather yet to limit cruel drains as well as improve the ability to make certain super skill shots.

#3290 4 months ago

Hey guys, i ve got many time a "lamp board 7" and "lamb board 4/0" failure.
Does anyone have a diagram of the lampboard numbering under the playfield?

Thanks

#3291 4 months ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hey guys, i ve got many time a "lamp board 7" and "lamb board 4/0" failure.
Does anyone have a diagram of the lampboard numbering under the playfield?
Thanks

Check make sure all connectors are in
I also thing in the operator menu is a lamp test maybe those numbers will help and locate the specific light

#3292 4 months ago

I could avoid these if I'd remember to activate the upper left flipper to deflect the ball, but the shot always happens so fast that I never do.

Important turf war combo. Late on the upper flipper. The Hideout is early. And the small orbit is middle.

Tough rejects. But at least have the flipper out to avoid SDTM. Pull practice from AP Houdini. Tight shots. Precision fast balls or rejects.

#3293 4 months ago

Alright so... I've started to go down a rabbit hole as far as looking into a mod / creating some playfield toy(s).
I think I got a good idea in mind and started reaching out to some etsy people.

For a tiny hint... I reached out to jjp and sadly they are not selling (as of now) any gunners... maybe replacements but as far as a individual sale they won't do it ;P

#3294 4 months ago

...so, I was playing a few minutes ago and I heard phrases from Part 2 like "Do you expect me to let you go?" and from Part 3 "Never let anyone know what you're thinking"(when Pacino says it to Andy Garcia), .... I mean if we have original phrases, then I wonder why the great, impressive and important phrase of "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in…" that we have in the game It's not the original from Part 3, what’s the point having that phrase in our game made by someone different instead of Pacino’s original phrase?

JJP, if possible please consider this as something important to change in the following code...

thanks

IMG_0039 (resized).jpegIMG_0039 (resized).jpeg

(…. Look at this beauty fellas…. Bolted at home, period! )

#3295 4 months ago

How the LE topper? I'm supposed to be picking up a NIB LE on Wednesday.

#3296 4 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

How the LE topper? I'm supposed to be picking up a NIB LE on Wednesday.

The white suit gangster looks dope. The puppets movement integrates well with the knocker & light show.

#3297 4 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...so, I was playing a few minutes ago and I heard phrases from Part 2 like "Do you expect me to let you go?" and from Part 3 "Never let anyone know what you're thinking"(when Pacino says it to Andy Garcia), .... I mean if we have original phrases, then I wonder why the great, impressive and important phrase of "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in…" that we have in the game It's not the original from Part 3, what’s the point having that phrase in our game made by someone different instead of Pacino’s original phrase?
JJP, if possible please consider this as something important to change in the following code...
thanks
[quoted image]
(…. Look at this beauty fellas…. Bolted at home, period! )

I’m almost certain I heard the actual quote from Pacino. It was only once though and I have 250+ plays on mine.

#3298 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Yeah this game can be a b1tch. This is why I set my game to 5 balls.

Bad Guy release STDM (newer code helps with this buy spinning the disc before release but not 100% eliminated). 5 sec ball save would help lots.

I’m ready to surrender and go to five balls - this game is kicking my ass. Ball save out of the bad guy should at least be an optional setting.

#3299 4 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I’m almost certain I heard the actual quote from Pacino. It was only once though and I have 250+ plays on mine.

Mross, I hope that you’re right and what you say is valid…. if so, I will gladly apologize with a smile of relief

#3300 4 months ago

I’m ready to join the “game kicking my ass” club. Here are the things driving me bananas; would love any suggestions to address any of these:
-Bad Guy SDTM: especially after the gate comes up and holds ball after successfully defeating one. Have tweaked and retweaked overall machine level and played with the spinning disc height/level. Obviously “ball save” would go a long way, but considering Eric never added one to GNR from guitar lock drop (and overall JJP code support track record), not holding my breath.
-Left orbit: if the ball has any velocity left orbit shots will rocket SDTM.
-Upper left slingshot to right outlane: have played with all kinds of coil settings. Unbelievable how many times upper left feeds *perfectly* into drain. My “favorite” is Fountain super skillshot: drops to fountain pop, over to upper left sling, immediately to right outlane. If it doesn’t do…
-Fountain pop to immediate drain: similar to upper left slingshot. Fountain pop has a ridiculously high right orbit feed rate. Have played with higher/lower coil settings…have yet to find anything that makes much of a difference. (And: I own R&M and TZ; no stranger to dangerously placed pop bumpers).

The one victory has been significantly lowering right and left sling coil settings as I’d get high number of sling to opposite out lanes. Think they’re both now at 12 vs. default 24.

Of course I don’t include things like right ramp with lowered diverter SDTM as that’s a design choice (I try to warn newbies; but almost always punishes them). Or the overall geometry where bricks/missed shots lead to instant drain. Fix to that is easy: #playbetter.

Any ideas welcome. If nothing else might be moving to 5 ball setting (the first time in 25 years in the hobby…).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,999.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hardware
Pinball Haven

There are 4,226 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.