You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Interest in Aerosmith pinball machine”

• Yes- I would be interested if it plays well 193 votes
    19%
  • Yes-I would be interested if it has hand drawn art and plays well 106 votes
    10%
  • No-I do not care for Aerosmith, regardless of how it looks or plays 492 votes
    49%
  • Mabye-Not a huge fan of Aerosmith but if it plays good and looks good-mabye 221 votes
    22%

(1012 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Marshall (resized).jpg
d112c526ae84fbb4157faf6e388f5475--james-hetfield-pinball (resized).jpg
HOMER-THANOS (resized).jpg
AS-Grill2 (resized).jpg
marshall (resized).jpg
aero (resized).JPG
9435340A-B7F7-475B-A643-A171B165CB2B (resized).jpeg
FyYli72 (resized).jpg
F8EB5979-E9A5-46A9-A824-115180171946 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6660 (resized).PNG
Harry and the Hendersons (resized).png
IMG_1673 (resized).JPG
code is coming (resized).jpg
20170817_212543 (resized).jpg
IMG_5940 (resized).JPG
AS-tunnel-004 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 84.
#4151 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbad:

Let’s get some new aerosmith code already

I think that about sums it up

#4152 6 years ago

How does one adjust the shooter rod so it's better centered on the ball?

I noticed that on a soft plunge as the ball goes up the shooter lane it glances off the inside rail which sends it glancing off the outside wall so when it reaches the end where the ramp is, it collides with the inside wall of the lane and usually just rattles around. That makes it really difficult and frustrating to hit the skill shot (or either lane switch).

I played another AS on location and a soft plunge was super smooth.

I had to video mine in super slo-mo to see what was happening. If I set the ball 2 inches in front of the rod and push it with my finger, it goes straight up the lane so I am thinking I need to adjustment the rod.

Help! Thanks.

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How does one adjust the shooter rod so it's better centered on the ball?
I noticed that on a soft plunge as the ball goes up the shooter lane it glances off the inside rail which sends it glancing off the outside wall so when it reaches the end where the ramp is, it collides with the inside wall of the lane and usually just rattles around. That makes it really difficult and frustrating to hit the skill shot (or either lane switch).
I played another AS on location and a soft plunge was super smooth.
I had to video mine in super slo-mo to see what was happening. If I set the ball 2 inches in front of the rod and push it with my finger, it goes straight up the lane so I am thinking I need to adjustment the rod.
Help! Thanks.

The shooter rod housing can be moved a little, then tightened back up. Loosen all three screws from the inside, adjust, then re-tighten.

#4154 6 years ago

Where is the code????!!!!

#4155 6 years ago

Are these Marshall speaker grills homemade or available online somewhere? can't find them. thanks

#4156 6 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Are these Marshall speaker grills homemade or available online somewhere? can't find them. thanks

Not sure, I just reposted from an earlier post.

#4157 6 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Not sure, I just reposted from an earlier post.

thanks

#4158 6 years ago

Is there a headphone jack in this pinball? I didn't see one where there is one in GB?

Also, where do you run the wires out of the pinball to the subwoofer?

#4159 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Is there a headphone jack in this pinball? I didn't see one where there is one in GB?
Also, where do you run the wires out of the pinball to the subwoofer?

No headphone jack by default. As for a sub, wires go out of the back of the can where the screen covers are. Screen be lifted without removing or cutting screen. Slide wire through and hook up to sub. Then crank it up!

3 weeks later
#4160 6 years ago

We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS. We expect for these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer...

1 week later
#4161 6 years ago

Just got a pro and wow, it's a great game and its a beautiful piece of art.
Only gripes have already been addressed in this thread: long delay when the ball smacks Jacky in the face when the toybox is closed, and the fact that the ball goes straight down the middle 75% of the time after bouncing off him. I think that whole deal with the ball launching at the closed toybox should be removed, personally. It doesn't really do anything for the game.
And the smart button, Ive had the game a week and played probably 60 games, only seen one smart missile and not sure how I earned it.
These minor gripes aside, I love the way the game plays and looking forward to the code update. Nice work Stern.

#4162 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Just got a pro and wow, it's a great game and its a beautiful piece of art.
Only gripes have already been addressed in this thread: long delay when the ball smacks Jacky in the face when the toybox is closed, and the fact that the ball goes straight down the middle 75% of the time after bouncing off him. I think that whole deal with the ball launching at the closed toybox should be removed, personally. It doesn't really do anything for the game.
And the smart button, Ive had the game a week and played probably 60 games, only seen one smart missile and not sure how I earned it.
These minor gripes aside, I love the way the game plays and looking forward to the code update. Nice work Stern.

Agreed, i have a Pro as well and this game kicks ass and is a ton of fun. It needs some minor code updates but its still great even where its at right now. Cant wait to get the code polished up though for sure. I also agree with you on Jackie getting hit in the face. That sucks to lose a ball because of that. I hope they take that out of the game also.

#4163 6 years ago

I agree with the above. A short ball save after the face whacking would be nice. I'm also not a fan of using up a VIP pass during multiball when the ball save is active.

In 14 days it will be a year since the code has been updated, but saying that, part of the reason I bought Aerosmith was that the code was pretty solid on release. Fingers crossed Steven's got those big lips working some call-out magic for the next code update.

#4164 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

I agree with the above. A short ball save after the face whacking would be nice. I'm also not a fan of using up a VIP pass during multiball when the ball save is active.
In 14 days it will be a year since the code has been updated, but saying that, part of the reason I bought Aerosmith was that the code was pretty solid on release. Fingers crossed Steven's got those big lips working some call-out magic for the next code update.

You got me wondering now. I thought that as long as your ball save was on that it didnt use up your VIP Pass? Im going to have to keep an eye on it and see. That’s definitely not right if it does though.

#4165 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You got me wondering now. I thought that as long as your ball save was on that it didnt use up your VIP Pass? Im going to have to keep an eye on it and see. That’s definitely not right if it does though.

It doesn't get used in single ball play, just the multiball I've noticed.

#4166 6 years ago
Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

It doesn't get used in single ball play, just the multiball I've noticed.

You are correct Bruce_pickle it also does it on game of thrones when Lord of light is lit.

#4167 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Agreed, i have a Pro as well and this game kicks ass and is a ton of fun. It needs some minor code updates but its still great even where its at right now. Cant wait to get the code polished up though for sure. I also agree with you on Jackie getting hit in the face. That sucks to lose a ball because of that. I hope they take that out of the game also.

I've never had a problem with Jackie getting hit in the face...no ball lossage. I doubt they will take it out by default...might be worth a software setting to disable.

snaroff

#4168 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've never had a problem with Jackie getting hit in the face...no ball lossage. I doubt they will take it out by default...might be worth a software setting to disable.
snaroff

Ive lost several balls after they hit Jackie in the face and a few times i had really good games going. That is when it really pisses me off.

#4169 6 years ago

Earning the TITA super jackpot is about as fun as pinball gets for me. That will never ever get old.

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Earning the TITA super jackpot is about as fun as pinball gets for me. That will never ever get old.

I’m not that good maybe someday.

Anyone know the rules for earning lit extra balls? Seems like one pops up after a few modes started. But I think I’ve earned 3 in one game... but not sure how.

#4171 6 years ago

I know of 2 ways to light EB:

1. Hit 4 different “dead shots” (not lit for anything)
2. Play 4 different modes

Both are adjustable in settings.

I only get the TITA SJP about every 200 games, which is part of the fun.

#4172 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’m not that good maybe someday.
Anyone know the rules for earning lit extra balls? Seems like one pops up after a few modes started. But I think I’ve earned 3 in one game... but not sure how.

1. Once you start song #3 the EN will light.

2. Mystery Jacky shots. Once you hit a certain number it will light the EB.

#4173 6 years ago

a pinsider requested a Marshall Logo for the speaker panel in various materials - here is the link. These can be double sided taped to the grill to give that true 3d look - lots of materials to pick from and I have no control over the cost as determined by Shapeways manufacturing process and materials. I am waiting some speaker panel dimensions to complete the look.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksaerosmith

Marshall (resized).jpgMarshall (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4174 6 years ago

New code

- Fixed a time out bug in "Back in the Saddle" where, during the "final shot(s)" sequence, the pop bumpers turned off the lit shot(s).
- Fixed a problem where the game could reset if the display tried to render too many layered images after a foreground display effect was finished running.
- Fixed a bug where the flippers where allowed to change the bottom lane lamps during diagnostics.
- Changed the default speech/music attenuation settings on French games.
- Changed the default ball save settings on games for China.
- Fixed a problem where combo shots to the left scoop during Love in an Elevator Multiball were not being scored correctly.
- Removed unused adjustment.
- Added an upper playfield targets completed audit.

- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment in ms for tilt bob debounce.
- System v1.97, nodebus protocol change and node board firmware update.
- At the start of each ball, check if the stgl5000 codec chip has reset due to static discharge and reconfigure register if needed to recover audio playback.
- Changed debounce logic/timing to prevent double start button detects.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00.
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Improved sound proccessing.
- Interactively update the backbox brightness while changing Attract Mode,
Game Play, and Service Mode adjustments in the service menu.
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of cabinet
speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
- Improved sound issues at power up.
- Reworked boot time displays for node board firmware update and locating node
boards.
- Added boot time display for overcurrent detected (shorted coil or LED) on
node boards.
- Added support for dynamic detection and isolation of overcurrent coils or
LEDs. Previous behavior would disable all coils and LEDs for 1/2 second each
time a short was detected. New behavior will determine the short coil and/or
LED and disable only the offender.
- Added tech alert for overcurrent coils and LEDs on node boards. New
diagnostic test to retest node board and report with coils/LEDs are drawing
too much current. Excessive current draw could be the result of a shorted
coil, an incorrect replacement LED/incandescent bulb, shorted light socket,
et cetera.
- Every 15 minutes during attract mode overcurrent coils/led will be rechecked
and returned to service if operating correctly.
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- The deprecated BILL VALIDATOR adjustment has been removed.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th
slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th
slot.
- Added Sweden 3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting (0x0B) default to Sweden 3 pricing.
- Replaced hardware version number with OS version number on diagnostic
screen.
- Added a message LOCATING NODE BOARDS. This will display if a required
node board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state
UPDATING NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of
missing boards will be displayed and updated as boards are found.
- Updated UK pricing.
- Added China dip switch setting.
- Added support for China currency and pricing.
- Added support for e-Wallet psuedo ticket dispenser device. Only selectable
for China dip switch setting. The ticket and redemption systems will
ignore this device if selected.
- Added support for new headphone jack accessory.
- Added SWITZERLAND 3 pricing (the new default for games that are DIP-switch set for SWITZERLAND): 2/1 SwF 5/3 SwF.

2 weeks later
#4175 6 years ago

I had my best game by far yesterday. I finished TITA, I think I've only done this a few times. I was able to get every mode solid except elevator. I think Last Child took 3 tries. I could not get elevator started for a 3rd time. I had this all done by ball 2. It was a LONG game. There is basically nothing to shoot for after the modes are done other than bricking the left orbit. It would be cool if they had something in the code that made the final mode easier to get with a scoop shot or something. Or, even better, make elevator a little more attainable. I've never finished it. I ended up with over 600 million but was bored to death at the end because no modes were available and I was failing miserably at elevator shots. I need to work on that left orbit.

#4176 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I had my best game by far yesterday. I finished TITA, I think I've only done this a few times. I was able to get every mode solid except elevator. I think Last Child took 3 tries. I could not get elevator started for a 3rd time. I had this all done by ball 2. It was a LONG game. There is basically nothing to shoot for after the modes are done other than bricking the left orbit. It would be cool if they had something in the code that made the final mode easier to get with a scoop shot or something. Or, even better, make elevator a little more attainable. I've never finished it. I ended up with over 600 million but was bored to death at the end because no modes were available and I was failing miserably at elevator shots. I need to work on that left orbit.

Impressive! I have a hard enough time finishing Sweet Emotion. Usually need to get that going right before a Multiball.

PS. I swear Sweet Emotion just game on the radio... weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 319.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Saddle River, NJ
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 4,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-aerosmith-pinball/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.